Sooo...does Atkins really work??

I've also tried loads but this is the only one that's given me the resuts I'm looking for. My friend is on simming world but she also does a damage limitation diet at the same time - it's horrible, tiny portions of bland food. it's only 3 days (I've tried it) she's starving by the end, so eats everything in sight as a reward for sticking to it, doesn't lose weight, so does the 3 days again. Crazy!

Oh yes jar, I know people like that as well.

I think we sometimes use food to make up for something else missing in my life. Carbs were always my comfort food. Chocolate, biscuits, risotto, mash. They're the things I always turned to. By cutting them out I realised how lonely I feel, so food really was my comfort. Part of the loneliness is living in a new town, I'm not as near to my friends as I was. It's made me examine myself emotionally as well as physically. Time for a total overhaul! I'm using the housebound bit to my advantage, I can follow this WOE without the choccy machine at work calling me!

Reactions: Jim
Yes the emotional hole you try to fill with food.
That was about 5 stone ago for me. Since losing that 5 stone i have boughts of it hence putting on 1 stone 9 of it back on, but since i started this diet(my mind was already on the empowerment track) Ive had some horrible emotional moments and i havent turned to the cakes i love so much.

On going process me thinks. Everyday is a new chance to beat the hole and fill it with activities and love .Not icing and sponge cake (personal favourite)

cookie dough for me. I think I'm getting there, emotionally if not physically (yet!) Thanks. X

You're all doing well girls. Keep it up.

Thanks sweetheart. I'm starting to get the 'each refusal is a triumph, not a denial' mentality. It feels good not to have croutons in my salad or to give in to that handful of crunchy nut (sorry claire!) because I know it's helping me. Being in induction and knowing being naughty means I have to start all over again is a big incentive!

Good attitude there Jar.

Ta!
Its the first time I've had this attitude. I'm hoping to hang onto it!
I gave up crisps, biscuits, cakes and chocolate for lent - more as a dare than for religious reasons. I went 5 weeks, so I know I can do it. I'm just using that and expanding it to cover other carbs. thanks for the support though!

I agree with jim jar. what a great attitude!!! This time around I knew I had to change my attitude or I would lose the weight and regain it back again. That I don't want to do and will not do!!! I'm already planning ahead for maintence and most of all doing a lifestyle change to keep the weight off. That's where I missed the boat last time I didnt plan after the weight lost and gained it back after 1 year.. this time no way it's going to happen..

That's the way girls, it's so uplifting reading these posts.

thanks jim.. I look at you and others who have lost the weight and kept it off. you guys are my motivation....

I have been having counselling since last year. So, my head was ready for this way of eating. Used to be a bulimic and had some relapses. Low carb means I eat guilt free. I know what I can eat and have no desire to eat what I can't.

I cannot believe that I did not love low carb when I have tried it before. I think the head as a lot to do with it.

And this forum. I love talking to you guys on here :)

That is so true, no diet will work unless you have the right mind set.

I think it is the same for any addiction. Like smoking and alcohol. The mind set has to be right. Though, I believe food addiction is one of the hardest, as we have to eat but control it. Other addictions can be cut out completely lol

I'm OK with alcohol generally Sophs, though I do have a brother who died of alcoholism,

Stopping smoking was and is hard, I still want one sometimes.

Atkins solved my eating problems.

:)

(((hugs))) must have been hard wathcing your brother and his addiction xxx

I have never smoked. Hardly drink. I have dabbled in some things in life but never been addicted lol....so, food has been my best friend and my worst foe lol

Thanks love, it was hard but he wouldn't be helped.

I know people like that Jim. The warnings are there, but the bottle means more than being told their liver is dying. I cannot judge them. As, I do not know how it feels. But, I wish I could get through to them before it is too late.

Back