SOOO SURPRISED!!!

SweetySuperstar

You'll never believe what happened to me yesterday...

I went to the doc's for a prescription for painkillers ( I have 2 slipped discs which have really been playing up over the last week ). My appt was with the doc who had signed my initial LL medical form so I told him that the programme was going well and I had lost over 1 1/2 stone. He asked me to get on the scales and it showed a 10 kilo drop since the form signing appt!!

He was sooo pleased, really really happy for me, he congratulated me, said well done, told me to keep it up etc etc, which was all really nice. Then he started asking me about the programme in detail, so I told him everything, the 4 daily foodpacks, the water, the counselling, the cost, the group meetings etc etc - he seemed v.impressed, and he even asked for the location of the local group and contact details.

He said he was going to recommend LL to any patients wanting to lose over 3 stone in weight! Then he asked me if once I've reached my target weight, I would consider being a 'lead'... I didn't get what he was on about, he explained that he would like me to come into the surgery and talk to obese patients about the programme, tell them my story, and recommend it to them!! I was soo surprised and kinda flattered too that he had faith in me to reach my target weight!!

I told him I would have no probs doing that... I would feel like a mini celebrity lol! It certainly made my day brighter!! It's so good to have your Doc's support in this!

Congratulation!!! Thats fab!!!!! Well done you!

Wow that's great, it's so nice to know that you have the support of your doc - some people have real trouble with getting their forms signed. Well done chick xx

That's Opened his eyes to LL. He will tell other doctors and slowly the message will get around the "Old Boy Network" of Gp's LL is nothing to be afraid off.

thanks for educating Him. (or Her)LOL

Well when i get to my goal weight, and i have no more aches and pains, im going to my doctor and tell her about LL. I got the nurse to do my form coz she is kinda koool.

Your doing so well and are proving to be such a wonderful source of inspiration...why shouldn't you get the recognition you deserve?! Brilliant news, well done!!! :D

Back