SOOOO ashamed of myself!

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
:break_diet:Iv been naughty and brought myself out of ketosis. Im not looking for sympathy infact i deserve a right good telling off!:mad:
I didnt stop myself, the other half was having a chinese last night (i told him not to in front of me, I said i might be strong enough to resisit home cooked food but im not yet strong enough to resist chinese) I no i cant blame him, he wasnt the one that put it in my mouth but it was a bit selfish of him to bring it into the house. I wont say what it was i dont want to temt anybody else. Im more furious with myself cos although i found it easy the first week, after weigh in on tuesday i did struggle but got myself passed it. Now i have to go through the first 3-5 days all over again and i no its hard to do that once the diet has been broke. That means today and its only 11am im battling the cupboards. Im so fricking stupid! Another thing is cos im annoyed with myself i want to turn to food to cheer me up. I dont no why i just didnt post here when he came in with it, iv been lurking on here all weekend when iv been in. Weigh in day tomorrow, since wednesday iv avoided the scales so dont no the results yet. :cry: :sigh:

Mistakes made are lessons learnt.

Hope you dont beat yourself up about it anymore.

Aww hun, i've done something similar, probably worse actually :sigh: we went out for a family meal on thursday and in my mind i was only going to have chicken and veg, leave the potatoes and make my excuses for dessert but i dunno what happened, i ended up eating pasta, drank loads of wine, had dessert AND birthday cake, wtf is wrong with me? i was coming to the end of week 3 and i've been a complete idiot :mad: i then felt really guilty and fed up on friday and picked all day, i could slap myself!! I've now got to get back into ketosis too and i'm sooooo hungry, feel like throwing the towel in but i really can't. It's a visious circle isn't it. I've been too embarassed to post all weekend :whoopass:

Try not to beat yoursel up about it. Think on the positive.. you've gotten back onto the diet and you are committed to losing weight. No one is perfect and sometimes things happen that cause a blip but you have to identify the reason that caused the blip and keep carrying on.

I struggle with my social life to keep 100% but if I have a day off I just know that the next day I will weight myself get back on and be 100%. It just might take a few days longer but that's OK because I have a life too.

Beating yourself up about it is just going to make it harder for you and you'll want to eat. If you accept that it happenned and think right I'm going to be back 100% then you'll just concentrate on doing well. I know it's hard not to resent yourself... however just think how well you've done so far. Plus as you've just had one meal... you might find it that little bit easier to slip back in ketosis.

Good luck sweetheart and remember where we all are

xxx

I've just ordered myself a months supply so i've got to stick to it now!!
Your weigh in might be ok tomorrow hun. ww horror is right, mistakes made are lessons learnt. x

Charlene and My3, the very fact that you are both on here, admitting to a mistake which is now over and done with is the main point. That's in the past, you are now back on the right path, you've dumped that old news and forget getting back into ketosis. You will! And next time it might be easier to resist! I think having a 'confession box' here is brilliant - consider yourselves forgiven by yourselves and move on!

I really, REALLY take my hat off to those of you with partners and families. I would possibly kill a bloke coming near me with a chinese right now! So hats off to you who cope with 'real' food in your homes!

The work colleague I share a room with is sooooo supportive - NOT! He's just gone out to get his lunch saying 'oh I might get a big bag of chips!' - I know he's only winding me up but its still mean :(

Guys don't beat yourselves up just get back on it! Every day I think thisll be the day I cave - one day at a time , one day at a time.....

The work colleague I share a room with is sooooo supportive - NOT! He's just gone out to get his lunch saying 'oh I might get a big bag of chips!' - I know he's only winding me up but its still mean :(

Guys don't beat yourselves up just get back on it! Every day I think thisll be the day I cave - one day at a time , one day at a time.....

I hear that Scotbean! Mid week on my first week someone walked into my room with a takeaway breakfast meal. I had to leave pronto, but I could smell it all day. I know that we have to learn to live around real food and tolerate other people stuffing themselves, just not yet!!!

It must be so hard, I have so much respect for those of you coping doing this and having partners and families eating around you. I honestly don't know if I would cope. My bosses both know I'm on a strict diet so have stopped offering me food- it was always 'oh we did afish pie/lasagne etc on the weekend, it's in the fridge have some' and they haven't at all last week so I'm grateful for that! Well done to those of you with collegues too, my worst time is cooking for the kids (I'm a nanny) but I'm in charge, I chose what they eat and how I cook it so I can sort of do it myself.

Charlene- well done for posting your blip, and that is all it is- it's so easy to go oh well, I failed, lets just give up. Keeping going is difficult! But glad you can do it, soon be past this!

You just have to move forward and put it behind you. You can't change the past, you can only influence the future. And I'm led to believe that your glycogen stores don't refill completely after 1 carb loaded meal so it doesn't take you as long to get back into ketosis as starting from scratch. I don't have any experience of this but hopefully it's true and you'll be back on plan before you know it. It's also useful info to know because if you do go off plan it should be an incentive to get right back on it and not keep scoffing for the next few hours / days.

As everyone says don't beat yourself up x it's this negative cycle that keeps us overweight x break the cycle by trying to think more logically and not emotionally x maybe look at your post as of it were one of us , how would reply to help us through it xxx

You are in great supportive company cx we will help you through it x

Thanks to all of you. Its past me now. Im over the my feeling sorry for me mood, iv done what iv done as silly as it was. Iv even cancelled a birthday meal in march incase i struggle again cos i no like you my3cherubs i say will only have the chicken and broccoli but it wont stay at that. I will end up ordering a dessert and i will end up having a few drinks and before i no it i will be right back to "im an idiot" speach! So im best staying clear untill our family break in may. Although i just want to go as far as end of april or untill iv lost 4 stone. Then see how i feel about carrying on or going to a slimming club. Thank you all for not shouting at me, you have all made me see its a blip and now im concentrating on these next 3-5 days. Im glugging water and having my 3 packs a day. thank you so much, you are all so very supportive.

Well done on getting back on it cherubs and charlene.

I live in student halls so totally get the food thing. Whenever I walk into the kitchen it always smells soooooo good. Plus today it's my flatmates 21st (she's American so even bigger deal) and she offered me cake and I had to say no. I think she thinks I'm weird as I'm always turning down food and nights out.

Wow that is some AMAZING will power!! No to cakes and nights out... You should be so proud!!!! X

well done on your 6lb loss katy.

Back