Soooo gutted - what went wrong????

Musical Missy

So, went for my week 7 weigh-in tonight and I've lost a grand total this week of........ 0.4lb. What a disappointment! I've stuck to my 4 packs and minimum of 4 litres religiously and haven't so much as sniffed any food (there's literally no food in my house even if I wanted to eat!) Its not my TOTM, the ketostick was red and I don't think I'm retaining water (although how would I know? as I've never knowingly suffered from this before!)
The only thing I have knowingly done differently is to start taking daily multi-vitamins (Sanatogen Gold). My reasons for starting taking these were that I was really suffering from sore/bleeding gums and split lips and sores and I can honestly say the vitamins have cured all this.
I'm really struggling to believe that one tiny tablet could make any difference but what other explanation is there?
I'm the only one in my group now that hasn't lost at least 2 stone and I'm also the only one that hasn't 'slipped'
Anyone any wisdom that could explain such a unbelievably rubbish loss and make me feel better? 'cos I am so fed up

MM x

MM, if you've not cheated then don't worry. Trust in the process. On LL last year I would only lose 0.4 and 0.8lbs on some weeks for no reason whatsoever. I never cheated, even once. The first time I was gutted but I learnt that some weeks it just happened. You can't control how your body reacts but believe that if you are following the programme you are burning fat. Weight loss is made up of so many factors.

BTW after 14 weeks of foundation I had lost a total of 52lb, even with some slow weeks.

Hi MM, I can understand your disappointment.
But firstly your ketostick was red, so you are not out of ketosis.
Secondly you have stuck to it religiously, so the truth is you will have lost fat. It is impossible not to.
Thirdly, when you retain water you might not realise it and it weighs heavy.

I know it isn't easy but just forget about the scales. Concentrate on just sticking to the plan as you are. I have got to the point now where I am not really bothered about the numbers, I am just sticking to it knowing that my weekly losses can vary dramatically but when I look back over the weeks the total just keeps going up.

I have read that nettle tea is good if you are retaining water.

Please don't be disheartened, just stick to those packs and the water.

Best wishes,
Claire

Hi MM :D

Just wanted to add my support to Westiegirl and Just Do It in their replies to you. I totally agree.

Everybody's body behaves differently on a weight loss plan and if you know that you have stuck to it 100%, then it WILL come off and even out over the weeks. Truly it will.

As Westiegirl says, "weightloss is made up of so many factors". Please don't take numbers on the scales as your only benchmark to what you are achieving here.:)
I know we all need to see those numbers coming down, to fire our motivation but the bigger picture here, I believe, is your perception of yourself, your self-esteem and confidence that comes from knowing you are 100% commited and following your own plan.

If the scales don't give you what you want or expect one week...hang in there as the numbers you see DON'T immediately cancel out all the great feelings you had before you stepped on them.....:D:D:D

I completed foundation and lost 4stone 4lbs , and the only week I had a poor weight loss was week 7 , when I lost only half a pound! I nearly went to the fish and chip shop on the way home that night , as I hadnt cheated at all and had done nothing different. Guess what I didnt go to the chippy and I lost 5 ilbs the week after , dont know what happend , it never happened again, so just forget it , its just one of the weird and wonderful things that happens on on VLCD.
Keep strong , its the whole journey that counts not one lousy weight loss week.

Thanks everyone - I'm still disappointed (keep thinking maybe I did eat and just don't remember it - sleep eating??!) but as everyone always says - if I stopped now - I'll never know how much I would have lost next week. It just seems soooo unfair when every else in my group keeps on losing loads and I don't! (if thats not my inner child speaking I don't know what is!)

Things can only get better (I hope)

MM x

Westiegirl , yes you are right , everyone is different and you know , in say a week or two they might not loss as much and you will be flying high musical missy , and that will bring music to your ears lol

Musical Missy

I can SOOOOOOOO identify with you - I have lower than average losses generally and one week I put on almost 1lb, despite being textbook perfect on the rules! All I can say is that somehow you have to dig deep, grit your teeth and carry on. I lost 7lbs the following week which is the most I've ever lost - and the same as my week one loss (see my signature). Chances are you ARE retaining water as it's illogical that you could survive on so few calories and not lose a chunk of weight. You probably are retaining water (do you wear rings? Are they tight? What about your watch strap?) so up your water (I drink 5-6l now) and try nettle tea a couple of times a day. Okay, it's not delicious but it's bearable and it's supposed to help.

As hard as it is - and I know it is - you just have to keep going. What's the alternative? It's not worth thinking of.

Wishing you all the best - as I say, I've been there so I know how you feel. Please let us know what happens next week.

So, went for my week 7 weigh-in tonight and I've lost a grand total this week of........ 0.4lb. What a disappointment! I've stuck to my 4 packs and minimum of 4 litres religiously and haven't so much as sniffed any food (there's literally no food in my house even if I wanted to eat!) Its not my TOTM, the ketostick was red and I don't think I'm retaining water (although how would I know? as I've never knowingly suffered from this before!)
The only thing I have knowingly done differently is to start taking daily multi-vitamins (Sanatogen Gold). My reasons for starting taking these were that I was really suffering from sore/bleeding gums and split lips and sores and I can honestly say the vitamins have cured all this.
I'm really struggling to believe that one tiny tablet could make any difference but what other explanation is there?
I'm the only one in my group now that hasn't lost at least 2 stone and I'm also the only one that hasn't 'slipped'
Anyone any wisdom that could explain such a unbelievably rubbish loss and make me feel better? 'cos I am so fed up

MM x

I gained 4 pounds in a week once - can only assume it was water retention because I stuck to SS. You have to not always think of 7 days being the holy grail. It's just a number of days we use to weigh ourselves, in another 7 days you will have a good loss. Don't get bogged down in week by week, just look at the big picture and realize that if you stick with trhe program, you will rwach your goal!!

Bonne chance xx

Thanks Peridot - its good to know that its not just me suffering from low losses despite sticking to the plan 100%.
I don't think I am retaining water, my watch or my rings aren't tight at all (funnily enough my wrists haven't changed size at all yet - but its probably because I've got fairly small wrists anyway - something I would swap gladly for smaller thighs!)
As for drinking more water - I manage 5 litres on a good day but usually I'm just pleased to get the 4 litres down me - I really don't think I could drink anymore if I tried (without being sick that is!) I always make sure I drink the minimum before I allow myself to go to bed - its like a reward!
Fingers crossed for a better week next week - I've already had one friend suggest a move to weight watchers- argghhh!

MM x

Hi Missy, deffo stick with it, I'm just near the end of Foundation now and I've noticed that I'm slowing down, just under 3lbs last week, where everyone else had 7 or so!:cry:

BUT - we're all different, and I keep looking at the before pictures of me on my cruise in May this year, fat and uncomfortable, and I know there's no way I'm going back to that! So, 2 or 3lbs this week might not be great, but in the grand scheme of things, it's all going in the right direction!

Someone mentioned earlier about not looking at the scales now, what I'm finding more motivational is scouring the charity shops for bargains! I was a 22 bottom 24 top, and am now a size 18, I got a pair of cheap cargo trousers from QS in size 18 that I have on today - I couldn't shop there before as nothing fitted - what a great feeling!:girlpower:

So, stick with it - next week there's bound to be a bigger weight loss! I'm at a bit of a loose end this weekl, we normally get weighed on a Monday, but this week we've moved to Wednesday, so it'll be interesting if there's a bigger loss or not tomorrow night!:scale:

Hiya MM :D

I agree with the others, stick with it, bet you'll see a good loss next week. try and look at your losses over a month rather than weekly..

Just wondering, you said your stick was red, which would indicate that you need to drink more water. How about adding more water to your shakes, so you're not noticing it?

Also if you're having a bar and a muffin be sure and drink some water with them as you won't be having the water that you would be if you were to have a shake...IYSWIM

Stick with it hun, try not to stress about it :)

Like the others have said stick with it, the same thing happened to me very low weight loss then following week had the biggest loss appart from 1st week. I also find I do need more than the four litres of water my stick is very dark in the weeks that I don't manage over 4 litres a day and my LLC always says I need to drink more.

Back