Sooooo...JUDDD?! LETS DO THIS!

marzipanda

Hi everyone,

So, I'm sorta new to this forum and have lost just over a stone so far but that's by not really following a plan... But the stuff I was doing is pretty much juddd anyway. I would have days of eating very low cal, water fasting and normal days too.

Over the past week and a bit I have been awful! One day, probably the worst day I ate so much : burger kind triple whopper meal( super sized, obviously)
Large fish and chips
2 chocolate and create eclairs
3 cadbury cream eggs
2 carrot cup cakes
And 4 galaxy ripples.
HOW BAD IS THAT IN ONE DAY? the week has been similar, but not quite as bad!

So juddd starts today with a down day.
I think I'll try 5-5 and see how that works for me.

Monday: down day, 300kcal max ( to detox from weekend)
Tuesday: down day, 500 kcal max
Wednesday : Down day, fluids only (water, green tea etc)
Thursday: down day, 500 kcal max
Friday: up day, 1200 kcal max.
Saturday:up day, 1200 kcal max
Sunday: up day, 1200kcal max

The order of up and down days might change depending how I find it!
I've seen people with great results from this so hopefully it will do the same for me!!

Please share tips, keep me motivated and inspired by sharing stories.

Weighed this morning and I'm bang on 12 stone so have put 3 lbs on in the past week and a bit! Wanna see if I can lose that by Friday! Oh, I am a daily weigh-er... I know I shouldn't but I like to know how I'm doing, to give me a indication of how well I'm doing. I can't help iit! Lol.

I'll be posting on here a lot, especially when I'm feeling peckish for naughty nibbles!

Thanks, marleigh

By the way I'm a complete newbie so anything I'm doing wrong or you think I can do better please dont hesitate to tell me. Thanks x

Found you :) Plan look good :) Good luck x

Thanks Sparkle, I'm sure I'll be on here keeping everyone posted constantly lol, this is a good distraction from food!

I wouldn' t do more than one DD together, hun. The point of JUDDD is to get the calorie swing. Double DD's seem to stall weight loss ( it did for me) and more than 2 on the trot will make your body think you are in starvation mode and you won't lose. Most us do alternate DD, UD with two UD at the weekend. :) xx I'd try not to weigh everyday either cos you get some scary swings at first.

I wouldn' t do more than one DD together, hun. The point of JUDDD is to get the calorie swing. Double DD's seem to stall weight loss ( it did for me) and more than 2 on the trot will make your body think you are in starvation mode and you won't lose. Most us do alternate DD, UD with two UD at the weekend. :) xx I'd try not to weigh everyday either cos you get some scary swings at first.

Ah, I try not to weigh everyday but I have never been able to resist. I'll try alternating down days and up days but I'd still prefer to have more down than up. I think Ill try the plan I've done for the first week, I can always fine tune it. My body shouldn't go into starvation because I'll still be eating big meals on down days, I'll post each days food intake. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Def agree with LB, for 2 reasons, you will get sick of it and have a massive binge, and it doesn't assist the weekly overall weight loss as you will have a calorie deficit for the week whatever way you do it, I think you're making it unnecessarily hard for yourself trying to put this amount of DD's together and will be missing valuable nutrients in the process.

4 DD's and then 3 up days @1200 calories is way way too low to sustain a healthy eating plan, you are saying you'll have 4900 calories in the week.

Like I said I am new lol! So my up days need to be 2000? I thought that was a male daily guideline? Spose it does make sense now you all mention it.
How's this?

Monday up day
Tuesday down day
Wednesday up day
Thursday Down day fluids only
Friday up day 1500-2000 kcal max
Saturday up day same as above
Sunday down day 500kcal max

Obviously want to do it right, I must have confused myself lol! Let me know if that's better. And explain the 2000 cal thing? I really thought it was 1500 for us ladies?
Thanks

Like I said I am new lol! So my up days need to be 2000? I thought that was a male daily guideline? Spose it does make sense now you all mention it.
How's this?

Monday up day
Tuesday down day
Wednesday up day
Thursday Down day fluids only
Friday up day 1500-2000 kcal max
Saturday up day same as above
Sunday down day 500kcal max

Obviously want to do it right, I must have confused myself lol! Let me know if that's better. And explain the 2000 cal thing? I really thought it was 1500 for us ladies?
Thanks

Go the The JUDDD website and put in your stats for your up and down day allowances,

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan – How to Succeed

Thanks ladies!!

it says to have 1900 on up days and 381 on down days. That's totally do able! Obviously on up days I'm not going to be eating burger king all the time lol so I can see myself filling right up on up days so wouldn't feel like eating much on the down days which is good because I'm limited to my calories! Got a good feeling!

Oh and I won't be doing exercise on down days! Just up days! And I won't be eating the calories I burn ladybird777 :) x

Even though today is meant to be an up day it don't feel right starting a new diet by eating 2000 calories on the first day lol so I'm going to do the down day today and up day tomorrow just this week...
And then next week it will be in the order of my second draft.lol.

I did that too. It just seemed wrong starting a plan with 2,000 calories. It took me a while to eat up to that on an UD too. I've been on it 5 weeks and even now I struggle to get past 1,500. I've finished today UD calories on 1,435 and it will have to be enough cos I don't feel like anything else.

Thanks ladies!!

it says to have 1900 on up days and 381 on down days. That's totally do able! Obviously on up days I'm not going to be eating burger king all the time lol so I can see myself filling right up on up days so wouldn't feel like eating much on the down days which is good because I'm limited to my calories! Got a good feeling!

Now you're getting into it!!

Yeah I can see me finding it harder on up days! 2000 calories is alot of food! But it will all be good food so I'll try not to feel guilty. Lol.

Yeah I can see me finding it harder on up days! 2000 calories is alot of food! But it will all be good food so I'll try not to feel guilty. Lol.

As a serial dieter I've found thats the hardest thing to get your head round, having a Burger King isn't cheating, syning, going over calories, it's not a fail, it's part of the plan!!

Obviously you get out what you put in on this plan, I'm trying to have a treat day, rather than a treat every day!!

As a serial dieter I've found thats the hardest thing to get your head round, having a Burger King isn't cheating, syning, going over calories, it's not a fail, it's part of the plan!!
Obviously you get out what you put in on this plan, I'm trying to have a treat day, rather than a treat every day!!

If I had a burger king I wouldn't feel like I was actually dieting lol. I think I will be having a treat day too but only when I see this works for me and gives me some results. Can't keep treats in the house though, so if I did want something I'd have to walk to get it at asda so its working for it.

Back