Soooooo annoyed with myself!

Moisy

This is a longish story! Last night I went out for a joint birthday meal with some female friends. It was my day 3 and I have had no problems with the diet so far. This meal had been organised months ago, but because I didn't want to have to explain myself to my normal sized friends who don't need to diet and because I didn't want to get the lecture AGAIN about how bad this would be for me, I carried on as normal. I had a main meal of chicken, salad and chips AND a pudding-no alcohol though!
I really did not enjoy it at all and felt so full very quickly.
When I got home I was so angry with myself because I really did not want to break the diet. I feel like I am in the right frame of mind to do this and am so excited about the prospect of being thinner for my holiday. Needless to say, I am back on it today, but could kick myself. I really wish I hadn't gone! :sigh:

Use the anger to ensure it doesn't happen again!! And remember to avoid carbs, cus you have probably knocked yourself out of ketosis now!

Hope your feeling better about it soon though x

Just put it behind you and start again. What is done is done. You can't go back so stop being angry with yourself and make a new start. I did something similar - only worse (it involved copious amounts of wine and pizza) - when I first started but made a new start and have done pretty well since then!

It'll be okay - everybody has blips, just think about your goal and it'll be so much easier to get back on track. :)

Many thanks to all 3 of you for replying. I have had a good day today, kept myself very busy and still have a bar to have later!! Appreciate you taking the time to reassure me :)

Hey just think the fact that you are annoyed with yourself is a good thing cause it shows you are aware and dealing with it. Take it as a learning curve and move forward as you can do this.

Hope the rest of you week goes well xx

Don't beat yourself up too much. You are just angry with yourself because you care about the changes you are making. Just keep on going, if you are worried about the scales count today as another day one and weigh after seven days. Be strong :)

Hi moisy,
im new to all this on day 6 & so far only lost 4lb, little deflated but im hoping ince i up ny water intake & hipefully start going to the toilet more the weightloss will speed up,it has been the hardest week, ive turned down plans all wknd & gutted its a bank hol sunny & that i cant join all my friends on an all day bender today....i just keep trying to think how id feel if i did mess up & jack it all in, i came soo close lastnight when my flatmate threw a bbq but i stayed strong ive hardly moved from my bed today haha i think its more mental with me,

But thanks for sharing your experience becuase its helped me to realise id probs be the exact same & motivated me to not give in!! Thanks Becky x

Becky, I am glad my experience helped you, we must stay strong! :) Today my house is spotless from top to bottom and I have started a new half term book (I am a teacher!) all to avoid eating. On lovely sunny days like this rather than thinking of BBQs and drinking think about the lovely summer dresses you will be wearing in a few months time! I have a cruise in August and I am going to keep thinking of that when I feel like eating from now on! Good luck! Mois xx

Hi moisy I know how you feel I haven't been too bad but yesterday we went on a family day out and took picnics. I did make myself a healthy salad but ever since then I can think of nothing but food and feel incredibly guilty! I went shopping Saturday and bought my other half lots of delicious treats and so far have avoided them all. I'm going to struggle this week to as it's tom but I'm determined to get back in the saddle. I have three weeks till my holiday and want to shift another stone by then! I just keep saying you can do this and if I can you can too x

Back