Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Thanks MrsGinger :D

I've decided to FINALLY have that Chinese I've been dreaming about for weeks (lol) ;) G and I didn't even get to speak on Valentines day so we're going to go to the posh global buffet (does Chinese, Indian, Thai and SUSHI!) have it as a Valentines treat combined with 'Ideal BMI' treat, and go to the cinema (has been ages!) :D yay! This'll be my one treat though and then I'm going to be 100% and maybe do a fast day on Weds.

Have a Doc appointment today to see if I can get some valium prescribed for tomorrow- we're having our travel jabs! I have such a phobia of needles, last time (IV in hospital) I had a panic attack and cried for ages, so hopefully they'll give me something to help (got the idea from Cheeky who had some Diazepam to calm her down through blood tests). So today doc appointment, tomorrow jabs appointment AND we've booked Chewie in to get snipped; saw a few fleas on the cats today :( they are totally flea ridden and Frontline just isn't working, so they'll prescribe some advocate too in the same appointment which saves us paying for him to be seen especially. His chin is all scathed up from where he's been scratching :( really scabby, feels awful and he's scratching all the time! :( poor 'Bacca (sounds like bugger ;) hehe)

Just updated my stats for the first time in what feels like ages- how long have I been going up and down!? Probably a month? :/
Here are some pics of my wii chart etc :p I set a mini goal on there to lose the last few pounds to be 'Ideal' and because I reached it early it said it was worried about my health LOL!! Just can't win with that f*cking wii XD either it's like "You suck, you didn't reach your mini goal on time." or it's worried :p lol!

20140217_103605.jpg
20140217_103638.jpg
^LOL! Because I lost the 3lbs mini goal in less than the 2 weeks I set :rolleyes:
20140217_103921.jpg
^Look how up and down the recent dots are :p have fluctuated so much more this month than the whole rest of the journey!

So exciting that I'm now just 2lbs away from my 100lbs loss - century badge here I come :D and from my 7st award too!!

Last edited:
Oh well done Sophie!!!!! You are IDEAL in the eyes of the BMI gods!

You have worked so hard - I can't believe you are 2lbs from your target!!!!!!! A litte celebratory dance is in order:

:banana dancer:

Enjoy your belated V day dinner! xxx

You are my idol! My inspiration! You must be sooo proud of yourself! Congratulatioooons!! x

YAY on your BMI!!! Absolutely fantastic mate :D
An excellent plan to be as 100% as possible until you travel. I think you'll do really well. I know you will!! Because you're brill :D

Hahaha I love that you said I had "some" diazepam when really they're elephant sized doses that make medical professionals go :faint2: But you gotta do what you gotta do :)

Frontline is becoming less and less reliable because the fleas are becoming resistant to it. Stronghold is good because it's one of the newest products available so the fleas wont know what's hit them! You'll have to treat your house though too or you'll never get rid of them. You'll need a can of powerful spray and instructions from the vets :(

The Wii Fit used to drive me nuts. You're either putting weight on and it tells you off or you lose it an it tells you off. It was forever telling me it was passed my bed time!! Cheeky f*cker ;) xx

-2lbs!! I HAVE AN IDEAL BMI!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!! :D eeee!

I turned the wii volume up just to hear it cheer for me :D cant believe it!

x

Woohooooooooo!!!!!! OMG, I'm literally smiling so much reading that! :) What a fantastic achievement, you must feel fabulous!! *happy dance* Dead chuffed for you, you've worked so hard and it's great to see it all paying off. Worth not drinking all the wine on the plane I bet!

Have you got a figure in mind yet for ultimate target or are you just gonna play it by clothes size from here on out?

Know what you mean about the exercise thing, I find the diet side of things sooo much easier in comparison. Now you're 'ideal BMI' though I bet you'd see the results of exercise pretty quickly though with toning and stuff. Great motivation having the party dress to fit into too!

Eeek! I'm still smiling! Wooop, skinny minnie! We need ideal BMI pics! xxx

Thanks so much for the comments guys :D feeling so rough today but you really made me smile!

The buffet was awesome! The sushi was really nice- didn't have my favourites (Salmon nigiri being the top) and only had about 5 types, but it was still YUMMY sushi, really fresh and had some interesting types I'd not tried. We started with that and then got plates of the other stuff with just like one mouthful of each dish to try- shared stuff for the first couple of small rounds which meant we were actually having a date instead of taking it in turns to watch the bags/go get food while the other ate :p
The tepanyaki bar was really nice- tasted SO much fresher than the rest! I had a thin steak and veg fried with it; they didn't use much oil which was nice! I think I could go there and be fairly on plan if I wanted ;) but like I'd want to if paying £13.50 for a huge buffet lol!
I decided to avoid the carbs as they'd be just filler anyway (rice/noodles etc) and stuck to testing a bit from each curry/meat dish and had a few naughties like a prawn toast, seaweed, etc on top of the meat dishes. Yum yum! Then came the desserts- wow! So many options... Lots of sort of bite size things so tried a couple, then had some lychees and then some chocolate fountain ;) dipped bits of brownie in. Didn't go MENTAL but I WAS stuffed after :D it was so good though *drools at memory!*
Beforehand we saw Dallas Buyers Club which I really wanted to see as Jared Leto is in pretty much ALL of my favourite films. I don't normally rate him massively as an actor but he stole the show for this, was really great (playing a tranny but such a range to the character- that character really made the film!) but otherwise found the film a bit slow and not really gripping enough... 2hrs was too long. We were going to to see Wolf of Wallstreet after but I felt so fidgetty from Dallas that I couldn't handle another 3hrs (while that full too!)
__

Jabs and cat stuff for the next three big para's, skip if you want! -

Jabs REALLY sucked. I'm massively needle phobic, have been since very young, traumatic past with it all and I know it's petty but... yeah. I wanted to face it- I really wanted to just try and get through it and get past it, but I had a fit :( a panic attack. I took 4mg of Diazapam and it didn't really do anything for me (should have pushed for that elephant dose like yours Cheeky!) I was crying hysterically as she prepared it and then I said I didn't want it and she JUST CAME AT ME WITH IT! I screamed and G had to like restrain me from kicking her :( it was awful. I had to have two as I didn't have my tetanus one as a teenager (missed that day of school in fear!) and I cried for hours afterwards, literally shaking and feeling so awful. I felt really depressed all evening, and my legs are aching BAD! I didn't want the jabs in my arms, NO way, and apparently they hurt more in legs but I just couldn't handle the arms, that's where the phobia stems from. It hurts to walk on one leg and the other just keeps cramping up; it's hard to lie on them too *sigh* really annoying.

Today though I feel so drained; I felt really 'broken' from the emotional trauma of it all yesterday, but today I feel physically unwell too. I think a lot of this has to do with having to wake up really early after a late night twice in a row to take the kitten to the vet for his castration. I got less than 6hrs sleep last night and the night before got less than 7 and I need at least 8-10 to be happy!
The first early morning Chewie had eaten through a bag of cat food (he was supposed to fast from the evening for the anaesthetic) so after forcing ourselves up early we then couldn't take him. Today we went and the vet said his heart sounded very slightly funny, so she warned us that it might have complications for the anaesthetic :( ****. She said it's the most minor a problem one can encounter (a 1 on the scale from 1-10) and a lot of people go through with the ops anyway without problems at all, but it was a slight risk... So we're going to wait a month and bring him back to see if the heart beat sounds any different and take it from there; she said it could have just been that he was excited as he's never been out of the house before, but then I guess a lot of kittens haven't and it isn't something that usually comes up, soo... :/

Cheeky- Have heard others mention that about frontline- funnily it kinda works on Lil' Juan but not on Chewie (who has 'newer' breed fleas maybe?! lol, I know that doesn't make sense) but vet gave us advocate and we're going to thoroughly hoover the house tomorrow and spray it with this stuff we got at Sainsbury's (will section the cats off into a room and do it all properly/ventilate them first and not let the cats in for a couple of hrs etc)
Oh- also, we got a flea comb!! That has been really fun :p seriously... I actually enjoyed catching the f*ckers and popping them between my nails to kill them (the fleas, not the cats!)
Chewie was SO badly infested though :( caught about 20 on him!! Lil Juan less so but still got maybe 8. I'd be all for doing the hoovering/spraying today but I'm feeling so low energy that will do it tomorrow methinks.
___

Back to SW:

Am so quick to say I'll be 100% on SW until travels but then I feel crappy for having that buffet and a bit of a relaxed EE day (rice twice!) yesterday :p yet still have really big cravings for junk food now (or, like, sushi which is my 'go to' now even though it's not really junk haha!) but I'm going to push on through a Red day and make a nice burger for lunch then some yummy spicy mince beef with quark and make it all burrito like (without the wraps) for dinner. Am starving now, off to make it soon!
Cheeky- The wii is so annoying like that- hate how it tells me off for not weighing in daily too!! Douchebag computer.

Yesterday was quite carby for an EE day but think I stuck within syns. The Diazapam didn't give me that bad munchies, but I ate a fair bit yesterday anyway. I kinda gave myself the day off because I felt so crap, but didn't go overboard (had an extra pair of Hex's though, tut!)

Off to cook, famished! Geeg is possibly coming over for a writing session and to hang out later, but not sure. I'm so drained that I'll probably spend the day in bed doing some writing. Hesitant to nap as I always feel sick after naps and then want to eat to fill the sickness :/
x

Jared Leto was incredible in Dallas Buyers Club wasn't he? His character absolutely broke my heart :(

Bloody hell the nurse/Dr didn't handle your injections well at all!! That sounds so awful!! This really p*sses me off as I've had so many horrible experiences with my phobia before and it feels like no one gives a crap or believes you. Now I know what it is and why I have it and I am much more stubborn and stern with it and I know how to handle the professionals ;)
They should have hurt less in your thigh, but you will have no doubt been VERY tense and there'll be a bit of "trauma" there for a few days. Shouldn't last too long though. But I know it will be playing on your mind - which just makes it worse.
But, mate, you did it! You actually did it and you didn't actually fight her off (even though G helped) and you did it. That is MASSIVE and you are awesome!!
My doses of diazepam get funny reactions from Dr's and nurses, but it's needed. But I really had to argue for it and fight my case. It's not easy though and some Dr's just don't want to know :( It's a horrible situation to be in mate and I truly sympathise!
It's exhausting going through that it really is. The emotional stress from it is incredible :(

Naughty kitty! Yeah they have to starve from the night before because if there's food in their stomach they can vomit it up during an anaesthetic and choke to death. So, erm, yeah.... And a grade 1 heart murmour is nothing to worry about at all :) I've been under and survived anaesthetic and my heart thing is probably a grade 8+. Honestly complications with a grade 1 would be very rare. But they have to tell you and warn you because it has to be your decision.
Every animal is different and some animals will have an increased heart beat or an odd rhythm from excitement or fear.

LOL!! The fleas Chewie has will be the fleas Juan has. Oh sh*t!!! DO NOT use shop bought flea stuff. Please please please throw it away or take it back. They are not safe!! I've seen two cats in the last week alone who have almost died from using shop bought flea stuff - it can cause them to have fits and die!! Very very dangerous!!!!

The best way to kill fleas you catch is to drown them. If you crush them with your fingers you'll get their eggs under your nails and on your skin....

Please ask me about cat stuff if you need to. Or call your vets, you can ask to speak to a nurse or a vet over the phone without being charged :) xx

Cheeky saves the day! Thanks again for the advice (p.s. To others- responded elsewhere, am not brushing it off!)

Nearly fell asleep while writing a min ago so will keep this quick- fully on plan red day today and kept within syns too, phew :) mid week WI tomorrow, hoping that buffet doesnt come back and bite me in the ass!

I have started drowning the fleas caught today- only 23 so far (nice little drowning farm going on) so MUCH less than yesterday- phew! Have been so tired/low energy still (since jabs) and G has been hoovering and being a good house wife, so at least I feel like I've done my bit trying to help the cats ;) will Advocat them tonight and keep them in separet rooms so Lil Juan doesn't lick it off Chewie again :rollseyes: had to wait because the vet gave Chewie a worming pill and there needed to be a gap.

Spent the day in bed writing, taking it easy but still feel exhausted!

Food has been good though, and mid-week WI showed slight decrease in BMI but no weight change on the wii, so probably half a pound or something as it doesn't show fractions. The right direciton anyway :) G was like "But you've been bad this week, haven't you? No fast days..." LOL! Douchebag!
Kinda a funny NSV but I sat on his lap today without fear for the first time- he said I wasn't too heavy at all! Kinda nice :D have never ever sat on anyone's lap without utter fear before.

Red day:
_____

B- nat ff yoghurt with splenda, fresh mango
L- Spicy mexican like mince beef thing, salad, quark
D- Bacon, HexB wholemeal bun, HexA cheese, ketchup (1), salad, fried onions and peppers
Snacks: banana pancakes (2 eggs + mashed banana, not synning it! F*ck that!) with some syrupy toppings (2), bowl of Hexy cereal (choc orange shreddies), activia 0% x2

Syns: 3 (lots of snacking though!) or 8 if you count the mashed banana (pfft)
_____

I have started drowning the fleas caught today- only 23 so far (nice little drowning farm going on) so MUCH less than yesterday- phew! Have been so tired/low energy still (since jabs) and G has been hoovering and being a good house wife, so at least I feel like I've done my bit trying to help the cats ;) will Advocat them tonight and keep them in separet rooms so Lil Juan doesn't lick it off Chewie again :rollseyes: had to wait because the vet gave Chewie a worming pill and there needed to be a gap.

Spent the day in bed writing, taking it easy but still feel exhausted!

Food has been good though, and mid-week WI showed slight decrease in BMI but no weight change on the wii, so probably half a pound or something as it doesn't show fractions. The right direciton anyway :) G was like "But you've been bad this week, haven't you? No fast days..." LOL! Douchebag!
Kinda a funny NSV but I sat on his lap today without fear for the first time- he said I wasn't too heavy at all! Kinda nice :D have never ever sat on anyone's lap without utter fear before.

Red day:
_____

B- nat ff yoghurt with splenda, fresh mango
L- Spicy mexican like mince beef thing, salad, quark
D- Bacon, HexB wholemeal bun, HexA cheese, ketchup (1), salad, fried onions and peppers
Snacks: banana pancakes (2 eggs + mashed banana, not synning it! F*ck that!) with some syrupy toppings (2), bowl of Hexy cereal (choc orange shreddies), activia 0% x2

Syns: 3 (lots of snacking though!) or 8 if you count the mashed banana (pfft)
_____

DO NOT COUNT MASHED NANAS!!!!

I love love love your NSV! I have always been cagey about sitting on laps, people seem to offer their laps (by tapping their leg) as a test to themselves as to whether they handle your weight or not, so I usually lean heavily on my arms or put all my weight on the floor. I hated it. I cant wait to sit on someone's lap with gay abandon!!!!

x

Hahahaha! I wouldn't be synning 2 mashed bananas either. I could eat 2 whole bananas so *shrug* Some of the SW fruit rules are just stupid ;)

Aww that's really sweet that you can sit on G's lap!! :) My ex used to get me to sit on his knee and I hated it lol. I just found it odd, rather than me being too heavy if you know what I mean?
Hope you're having a good day today.xx

Just one mashed banana, not two! But yeah, apparentlynit is less effort for our body to break down the pre mashed banana or something, but whatever!

Friday was off plan, ended up in social scenario where I had no.control of food so.once I'd eaten the cereal bars in my bag Ibjust had to make do with what was at my friend's house. Wasnt awful, worked out roughly that it wss under 2000 cal, but not great either and as I stayed over we ended up having a chinese the next day! But that wad the only meal of the day at least, all I ate bar a banana and yoghurt.
Didnt feel bad at the time but now I kinda too, travels are looming...
I've decided I am going to.force myself to do the short srm work out every day- it just takes 5 minutes and I really saw results when I did it before. I need to work towards this now or my arms will be this flabby while traveling and at my dad's birthday do in my 50's dress!! This is somrthing that with a small amount of effort each day I can improve, must stop being so lazy. It is very important to me that I can be half a stone down by travels, was feeling really fat after seeing some pictures G took.the other day where my tummy was falling everywhere *sigh*! Crazy, I know, but those pictures shook me. I had been feeling slim amd cocky recently but I am still wearing size Large for most things, I still have more to lose before I am fully comfortable in my owm skin. Wishing I could push travels a couple of months further back now! Time to get my head in the game.
Chinese was amazing though, was really craving it and we ordered from this MSG free place that was really nice!

Managed a fast day today, my energy is so low right now though!

Fast day food/600cal:
______

Breakfast @ 11am: Porridge (100cal), Almond milk (20cal)

Lunch @ 3pm: Porridge (100cal), Almond milk (20cal), 1/5th banana chopped in (10cal)
4x green tea + splenda (10cal)

Total by 5pm = 262

DINNER @ 6pm: 240cal =
1/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] cup diced onion (16cal)
1/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] cup + 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] cup red pepper diced (17cal)
1 cup iceberg lettuce (10 cal)
half slice of toast (47 cal)
small tin spag hoops (109 cal)
7 sprays frylight (7 cal)
two egg whites scrambled (34 cal)
500cal by 6pm

Minimilk (30cal)
______

I think I'll have a small bowl of rice cereal with my last 70 cal, am getting hungry already even though dinner seems quite a decent amount :S dang!

WI tomorrow, then I think we're going to go see Wolf of Wallstreet (FINALLY) and then we might go into town to the massive waterstones (largest bookshop in the world) to do some travel research, and maybe yo sushi for dinner as Monday's they do a cheap dish thing... Or Misato (a cheap Japanese restaurant we love in China town). Won't be going crazy though, will choose good options.

Not sure about WI, probably an STS, hopefully not a gain :/ but hoping this fast day equalled out the Fri/Sat off plan stuff.

Am making an effort to have less Splenda in my teas/food and am going to try and cut out aspartame and MSG as much as I can too, I think it has a lot of connections with ADHD and how snacky I get (really threw me how much after my 100% fast day I suddenly craved food after eating Salmon which had MSG rich Aromat on it!) so am limiting my double cups of tea (big mug!) to two tsp of splenda... Before I'd kinda shake it in without knowing how much but was probably double that. I haven't had any squash today and I think once I've finished my activa's I'm going to try and just have natural fat free yoghurt in the house and have it with honey/splenda (which is natural rather than articial sweetner). I drink far too much squash though, that really has to change!

Sounds like a really good day, Tetris, well done!

I love how your favourite Japanese restaurant is in China town - oh the irony!

Good luck for WI tomorrow! x

Haha I know, it's funny but I only ever go to Japanese restaurants in Chinatown- lol!

I used my last 70cal on carefully measured rice cereal. Funny how I've mainly eaten carbs today!

I did my arms exercise, really struggled as arms still ached from doing it yesterday but am glad I did it. Am going to try and do it every day and get back into that routine!
X

Managed a fast day today, my energy is so low right now though! Fast day food/600cal: ______ Breakfast @ 11am: Porridge (100cal), Almond milk (20cal) Lunch @ 3pm: Porridge (100cal), Almond milk (20cal), 1/5th banana chopped in (10cal) 4x green tea + splenda (10cal) Total by 5pm = 262 DINNER @ 6pm: 240cal = 1/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] cup diced onion (16cal) 1/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] cup + 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] cup red pepper diced (17cal) 1 cup iceberg lettuce (10 cal) half slice of toast (47 cal) small tin spag hoops (109 cal) 7 sprays frylight (7 cal) two egg whites scrambled (34 cal) 500cal by 6pm Minimilk (30cal) ______ I think I'll have a small bowl of rice cereal with my last 70 cal, am getting hungry already even though dinner seems quite a decent amount :S dang! WI tomorrow, then I think we're going to go see Wolf of Wallstreet (FINALLY) and then we might go into town to the massive waterstones (largest bookshop in the world) to do some travel research, and maybe yo sushi for dinner as Monday's they do a cheap dish thing... Or Misato (a cheap Japanese restaurant we love in China town). Won't be going crazy though, will choose good options. Not sure about WI, probably an STS, hopefully not a gain :/ but hoping this fast day equalled out the Fri/Sat off plan stuff. Am making an effort to have less Splenda in my teas/food and am going to try and cut out aspartame and MSG as much as I can too, I think it has a lot of connections with ADHD and how snacky I get (really threw me how much after my 100% fast day I suddenly craved food after eating Salmon which had MSG rich Aromat on it!) so am limiting my double cups of tea (big mug!) to two tsp of splenda... Before I'd kinda shake it in without knowing how much but was probably double that. I haven't had any squash today and I think once I've finished my activa's I'm going to try and just have natural fat free yoghurt in the house and have it with honey/splenda (which is natural rather than articial sweetner). I drink far too much squash though, that really has to change!

Hey hun, just an idea, but have you tried ff natural yoghurt mixed with defrosted frozen berries? Much tastier than most of the flavoured yoghurt I've tried, and you can control how much sweetener or sugar you add. Also Tate and Lyle do a stevia/sugar mix that is aspartame free, and twice as sweet so is half the syns.

Tate and lyle- is that aspartame free yoghurts? :O cool! I always wondered why there werent aspartame free brands...
I do quite lile just natural yoghurt with splenda... When I tried frozem berries a year ago I found them a bit gross as either they were soggy or icy... But can imagine they're nicer with the yoghurt! Thanks for the tips :D x

Tate and lyle- is that aspartame free yoghurts? :O cool! I always wondered why there werent aspartame free brands... I do quite lile just natural yoghurt with splenda... When I tried frozem berries a year ago I found them a bit gross as either they were soggy or icy... But can imagine they're nicer with the yoghurt! Thanks for the tips :D x

Tate and Lyle make sugar and sweeteners (maybe they're more common in Northern Ireland, not sure), but I got the sugar/stevia blend in B&M. I find the frozen berries disgusting alone, but mixed with the yoghurt they're very tasty, like some of the more luxurious yoghurt that have actual fruit pieces ?. The only issue is that the berries can be pretty bitter so I do find I need sweetener of some description. It's fantastic mixing the yoghurt and berries with a meringue nest though.

Back