Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hehehe I always call it the Wii Fat ;)

Hope the rest of the fast day goes well. Difficult when you haven't got much in and your plan gets a bit ruined. You'll be ok tho :) xx

LOL Cheeky- well there you go then :p
Rochelle- toast might have been nice actually! I never get filled up long by bread though and on other fast days when I've had beans on toast I've kinda felt 'meh' about it :S weird!

Well I ended up having the other half of the veg lasagne- it was nicer cold lol! Weird...

Here's the food break down for today:

5:2 fast day/600 cal:
______

Ready made veg lasagne: 380 cal
1 cup iceberg lettuce: 10 cal
Bowl of two wheatabix: 120 cal (think they were Morrisons own, not proper brand)
Almond Breeze milk: 15cal for 'bix + 5 for tea earlier
Maple Syrup: 10 cal
Half a kitkat: 50cal
Splenda throughout day: 20
Spoonful of G's chicken and sweetcorn soup: 10
______

Was going to have the soup myself but decided I wanted wheatabix with syrup instead to fill my sweet craving, then treated myself to half a kitkat since I had leftover calories and it was late already!

Didn't struggle with hunger at all today but would have been better if I were more occupied; I got a bit noshy at one point and being out of the house or distracted probably would have helped that (stayed in working on travel plans 'n stuff) but otherwise I think these days are getting much easier... Especially with the ready made meals reducing the effort of calorie counting, and perhaps the 5HTP is helping me not recognise appetite as much too.

Off to Dubai on Wednesday for two shoots (no day off this time :( boo!) then home on Sat; I feel motivated to stay on plan now, I'm kinda over the hummus thing (over did it!) so will try and be good but what I eat on shoots I have little control over as it's whatever we're given... Usually we get to eat what the guests have though which has options or even a buffet. I'm going to do a chilled SW day tomorrow then another fast day on Tues before I go, then treat myself to the cheap Yo Sushi box at Gatwick airport on Weds morn ;) really has been alternate day fasting this week, feel good about it though!

Exercise today was just my arms routine (20 women's press ups, 40 chair dips, 30 sec plank, 30 bicep curls with 2kg weights). Tomorrow I'm going to go for it and try and do an hour or so of exercise if I can. I feel the days ticking away before our travels! Definitely feels good to be at least mildly attempting to tone up and to push myself with the weight loss stuff.

WI tomorrow; haven't done any intense exercise for a couple of days so if the scales suck I can only blame my Friday cheat day of chicken burger, alcohol and happy meal burger/milshake! Am expecting a loss though, I've done ADFing this week FFS, that should balance out the synful Friday! :rolleyes:
I need to dig out my old SW book where I log measurements as I haven't measured in ages (haven't been able to find it!) and think that could be quite motivating... hopefully anyway!
x

Cold lasagne is yummy :D

I think the days do get easier the more we do them don't they? Apart from my one off weird one I've found them easier. This week especially! And I agree on ready calorie'd things being easier. Was great to have the stir fry on Thursday so I didn't have to put too much effort in.

I'd be SO surprised if you didn't get a loss after ADF this week! Very, very surprised! But good luck for WI anyway :)

Hope these shoots go well and there are some nice healthy food options for you. I don't like it when food gets out of my control, but I guess some days we're going to have that no matter what we do eh? And you'll be on your feet a lot with heavy equipment and stuff so there's some body magic thrown in! Just don't overdo your arm exercises before you go and end up with floppy arms ;) xx

Haha yeah- I made that mistake at the start of the year! Did a load of free weights the night before flight and arms really ached while shooting- doh :rolleyes:
Tried to do a real 'man press up' today and OMG, SO much more strenuous! Could feel my abs working just from my half arsed attempt at half a press up lol! Not for me ;)

Fast days have definitely been easier this week, particularly since putting food off until eve and I think also since cutting the white bread (beans on toast) as white bread really doesnt seem to sustain me.
Tummy feels a bit bloated/uncomfortable now :/ I wonder if from the pasta and all the gluten this past couple of days (8 wheatabix in 36hrs!) as apart from cereal I am pretty much gluten free, havent had pasta in AGES and tummy hurts- coincidence? I will test this with a green day when back from Dubai maybe.
Oh, the pf (poo fairy- stealing this from Cheesetheif's diary ;) ) came yesterday! Phew... Though feel like more needs to shift, especially now that my tummy feels all achey and bloated :s weird considering such small portions today!

Ooh I can't do a full press up! Always go on my knees lol

I havnt ate much pasta lately but having mac n cheese tonight so hopefully it won't bloat me out and affect tummy situations I've been experiencing lately! Hope your tum feels better later plenty of herbal teas always helps me x

Tummy still aches :S was kinda flatulant last night too.

WI was 1lb off; sadly this doesnt even balance out last weeks' 1.5lbs on. Pretty gutted... I did fast dayd on: Sun, Tues, Thurs and Sun and one off plan day which wasnt too awful... And I've come out overall from that with a +0.5? :/

Wanted to pick uo my HRM watch today as we missed the delivery, but didnt realise the place closed ay 12.30... Until I checked at 12.35! FFS! I didnt do my work out yesterday because I wanted to not be exhausted to test it today! So annoyed! Feeling crappy this morning now.

I have woken up completely not hungry which is really weird for me! Maybe related to the tummy pain. I'm just going to drink tea for now and hope the sennekot will take effect and reduce the bloaty ache.

Sigh.

Oh that's so disappointing for you after all the hard work :( seems to be something in the water this week ?!

Not good news about your tummy. When I went to the doctor the other week about my bloaty painful tum she recommended discycloverine (she gave me a prescription but said it might be cheaper over the counter, I never bothered getting it) for the pains, and said peppermint would be helpful. I drink peppermint tea anyway after reading it was good for wind! So no problems drinking that. Might be something you could try? It's awful I'm completely in sympathy for you I hate how my stomache has been lately so know exactly what you're feeling x

Well done on your 1lb off - you are close to the finishing line now hun, remember that and remember 1lb losses are the norm for someone so close to the end.

So a big fat BRAVO from me!! Celebrate each loss, and shrug off any gain.... Slow and Steady Wins the Race. Lets aim for another 1lb next week!

Re. the tummy pain, erm - could be wind and the fact you need a good old tom tit! Hopefully the senakot will kick in soon. xx

Tummy still aches :S was kinda flatulant last night too.

WI was 1lb off; sadly this doesnt even balance out last weeks' 1.5lbs on. Pretty gutted... I did fast dayd on: Sun, Tues, Thurs and Sun and one off plan day which wasnt too awful... And I've come out overall from that with a +0.5? :/

Aww, thats a right pain! But like Charley says it's 1lb of the gain off, so you're heading in the right direction again. It's crazy that the loss isn't higher though after 4 fast days! :rolleyes: I bet you get a monster loss soon, really sounds like you deserve one. It always amazes me how little weight loss and effort seem to go hand in hand sometimes!

Thanks guys! Was just gutted as the gain really wasn't deserved (I thought the only explanation could be retaining water from exercise) and to have not even balanced the gain out after ALL the fast days :S so annoying!
Belly ache left but apart from Saturday I haven't pooed- so in 9 days ONE poo :/ though I guess 5/9 of them were 1/4 cal days... I really don't understand where I've gone wrong with the weight loss as there's no way the drinking and burger could have balanced out all of the 1/4 calorie days! ARghhghghg. I think, as Cheeky says, I'll do my mid week WI tomorrow, though will be about 6hrs earlier than usual mid week WI time (and a day early) so will be at a different level of emptiness or whatever... I don't know, I'll shuddup :p

I ended up having another fast day yesterday as I just wasn't hungry at all! Which was kinda nice. I walked 2 miles, went to the post office then walked around my old block which is close by, passed my old house (kinda emotional!) where I grew up, then walked in the nearby woods a bit- was nice! G met me in Tesco and we did a big shop, I stocked up on frozen oven meals for fast days- WW and Heinz have such an assortment for all around 200 - 300 cal! Amazing what they can achieve for such low cal :S I hope they aren't disgusting! I also got some sharwoods NON low fat ones- it's like 450 cal for their sweet and sour chicken and rice dish, and their chicken tikka and rice!! NICE! I'm excited to have a fast day if I can have a naughty treat within it ;)

Didn't eat until about 8pm yesterday and really didn't feel like I needed food until then, which was a nice change!

Today I'm having a sort of healthy day but not really on SW plan as I have stuff to use up before I leave- bought a fridge oven meal for yesterday that I didn't end up having so have to have it today instead. It's 300cal or so, chicken and veg pie, but it's got a pie top that SW would not be happy about! Also just really craved a big bowl of bran flakes for breakfast so let myself have those ;) yummy! Can't believe I like bran flakes so much, haha! Always thought they were like the most boring thing ever!

So so far this is what food is looking like (just had lunch an hour ago though so not sure if I'll have the dinner or not, need a really early night as have to be up at 5am *gulp*!)

SW mixed with healthy:
_____

B- Big bowl 'o bran flakes, banana, splenda (2x HexB 1x HexA)
L- leftover spicy beef with quark, bean sprouts and loads of raw spinach (this one's totally SW syn free/on plan)
D- Low cal chicken + root veg pie, side of spinach
Snacks- Sugar puffs cereal bar (3.5)
_____

I'm bringing porridge pots, a mug shot, a packet of uncle bens express rice (we're staying in an apartment hotel so there should be a microwave in the room) and plenty of cereal bars to Dubai so operation HEALTHY DUBAI is set for launch!
I WILL however be having my treat sushi box in the morning at Gatwick ;) well, I'll have it on the plane as I probably wont want sushi at 9am (OH WHO AM I KIDDING!? I could eat sushi any time, any day!) will be nice to have a treat after being so hard on myself since Friday, but when I'm in Dubai I'm going to do my best to make healthy choices for once. NO BREAD AND NO HUMMUS. I can't deal with another 6lb gain because of a few days away THIS close to my travels/dad's 50's do! :rolleyes:

Ooh I used to have those weight watchers meals all the time for my lunch at an old job. Some of them are seriously not up to much, but there are some nice ones. I remember the sausage and mash one is AMAZING, can't remember how many cals it has but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for it. It'd be interesting to see how many syns they are, you know what SW is like for ready meals! Mugshots on the other hand are completely fine to eat in unlimited amounts.... ;)

Good luck for operation healthy Dubai, it's gonna be tough but I can tell you're super motivated and just want that gain gone. Please don't get too disheartened when you WI when you get back though, remember last time how you retained a crazy amount of water due to the flight.

Have a safe trip and fingers crossed for your early morning WI! xx

Oooh I need to take a leaf out of your book and have that healthy approach when I go away! Next time I think I will! I never take cereal bars, mugshots and porridge lol last time I went on a proper holiday was New York last September, now you can't eat healthy in New York, there's just too much nice food to pass on! But I only gained 3lb cos of the walking around in a state of excitement all the time lol I bet Dubai is amazing! Hope you get some nice pics! X

I bet the frozen meald are synful as hell :p kinda silly really if a whole meal is the same cal ad a MUSHOT.
I put the meal in the freezer in the end, not hungry enough for that after a late lunch and a snck cup 'o bran flakes earlier. Had a large matzo cracker with philly lightest, raw spinach and some pickle, then ate a whole red pepper raw and a mini cucumber too lol! Random... Didnt have any meat in the fride though.
So ended up beig an over HexB'd Red day, but calories wise wasnt bad.
Alarm set for 5.45am argh!! Screw that! Off to bed now (9pm) lol!

Rochelle- probs wont be any pics, I go to Dubai every other week at the mo so am pretty bored of it :p will be looking out for the over counter pills you recommended for tummy ache- am concerned about the poo fairy absence :/

The pills I recommended were just for the cramps mind! Not sure about actually relieving the actual constipation, I'm still working out what works for me on that one.

I only started reading your diary recently so didn't realise you were in Dubai so frequently lol x

Haha yeah, Dubai is a bit of a bore for me now. I dont have any time off out there this time, just flight, sleep, shoot, sleep, shoot, sleep, fly home!
Ah yeah, I think I'll just look at some other herbal constipation relief as sennekot just isnt doing it for me :/ another brand I tried a while back made me disgustingly gassy though!

-1lb again today, so that is the gain off and I am back to lowest, phew! I feel the poo fairy on her way too so that could have been another pound probably ;)

Next WI (Mon) I am due on for so can blame that for any gain I get in Dubai :p
Getting up at 5.45am was awful! G was in major chatty mode while I was getting ready and I was just like "SHUSH I'M TRYING TO DO MY MENTAL PACKING CHECKLIST!" :p
Slept like crap, went to bed around 9 and slept until 11pm then the rest of the night sucked and G kept getting up and leaving the room (noisy door waking me every time I had just drifted off :mad:) so annoying. Found out last night I am either sharing a double bed with a co-worker or having some shitty fold out bed- great! I dont want to share as I get really conscious of how much I wriggle amd stretch out, I have this weird position that helps my achey knee where I lie on my front/side with OK knee bent at a right angle and bad knee stretched out... Cant really do that on a single though :/ and long legs means feet'll poke out too- grrr. Annoying to have a crappy bed when you already are a sh*t sleeper, a bit miffed to be honest! Usually get my own king size on these shoots!

Anyway, enough 1st world problems, yo! I hope they have my cheap sushi box at gatwick and some good films on the flight at least!
Peace out x

Yey for the pound down, bet it feels great to be back to your lowest weight. Sorry about the crappy sleep, hopefully you managed to get some shut eye on the plane.

Sucks about maybe having to share the bed, have you even met the person you'd be sharing with before? Poor you! xxx

Hey minis! Reporting from Dubai.

I'm going to fess up now- the flight was NOT good for SW :p so I grabbed the two cheapo £1.50 sushi boxes at Gatwick- they were soooo good! So full of sushi! Great price, not great for waist ;) but whatever. Felt like a right treat after being so hardcore with the fast days recently!
So I ate them on the flight, one of them was really salmon heavy which was YUM! The other had more avocado and crabstick- yummy too :D chuckled to myself to see Boots were selling about 6 small pieces of sushi for the same price as my two jumbo pots of it ;)
The flight meal was Beef stew with mash; I made a point of giving the dessert straight back to the hostess when she served the tray, didn't want to tempt myself as they're always sh*tty on flights and usually a sponge cake with sauce so calorifcally sh*tty too! So I ditched that and the bread, didn't eat the crackers and chilli, saved them for the room though. I had a bag of dairy milk buttons- slightly bigger pack so 170cal. Then I had a 1.5syn pack of Beef Jerky, 1.5 syn pack of candy sticks, a coco pops cereal bar (around 100cal/5 syns), a HexB chewyD (not really a hex since I had cereal for breakfast :Rolleyes: ) but THEN... THEN I got given a f*cking Galaxy caramel bar- OMG! It was amazing :D so yummy! But 220cal! F*CK. THEN I had the mini scone and cream/jam they brought around for tea :rolleyes: so yeah, it was like NON STOP noshing- I was so desperate to nosh, too! Outta control cravings... I always get like this on flights and at the cinema, it's like a chemical craving I swear! When I try and fight it I get hysterical and my logic goes out of the window lol! I thought this time I wouldn't do too much damage as apart from the choc buttons I didn't have naughties with me- but that other choc bar showed up and ohhh well :p it was all very yummy!

On the flight I rewatched a couple of films in the background while writing (The Way, Way Back and Frozen, and the start of Pirates of the Caribbean) as I really like having background stuff on while writing, but not something that'll distract me too much... So had seen those films at least twice each fairly recently so was good background material ;) loved them both! Sam Rockwell in The Way, Way Back OMG! <3 WIT SWOON.
I also watched How I Live Now with Saorise Rownan; I read the book about 10 years ago so was keen to see it- it wasn't bad! Teen love story set in WWIII.

Am staying in an appartment hotel this time so I went to the supermarket and stocked up on healthy bits- I've decided that for the two lunches I'm here for (while not on a shoot) I'm going to eat healthy stuff I've got in the room; I brought an uncle bens pouch with me even and there is a microwave (huzzah!) so I can have that for lunch, or I bought some bran flakes from the supermarket (just had two bowls when I got in- fiiinally helped the poo fairy get here! Had been REALLY awkwardly gassy- silent but deadly- since arriving at the hotel... I always get horrifically gassy out here, my co-workers must think I'm a right stinker :/ !) so yeah, got some yoghurt, strawberries, bananas and have my porridge pots- so I'll be good for lunches, eat what's on offer for dinners on the shoots, then have another nosh fest on the flight home (it's inevitable! Unless I drink, which is worse :p haha)

SO relieved the pf has visited!!!

Oh and btw, 4 strawberry 0% cost 1.25AED (6AED = £1!! WHAT?! SO CHEAP!) everything else was standardly priced :p they had sushi boxes there too but they were like 26AED for the cheapest (£4.50).

So yeah- feeling good about my supplies here so should stick to healthy options pre shoot (6pm) tomorrow. Thinking about it now I could have bought some salad/veg but I just thought it would be hassle without dressing/oil to cook with etc... Fruit should be OK though.

CT - luckily they set up a fold out bed for me... it's not the comfiest (hard springs) but it isn't rickety when I roll over, it's quite low to the ground and stable at least... A bit annoying though as Sian has the super king size nice one right next to me, grr :p but oh well...
x

Well done! You sound so prepared for this trip!

I'm sure your flight nibbles won't cause any damage and yey for the P fairy!!

Hope you have a lovely time and manage to sleep on the bed (and I hope the bed is long enough!)

x

Slept OK actually :D got some pool time in this afternoon but OMG the water was so hot it made me sweat! Not very refreshing :p
Bran flames and banana for breakie, pineapple, strawberries and mexican uncle bens for lunch with a small portion of bran flakes too :rolleyes: obsessed lol! So far a healthy day, but have been known to go a bit crazy at the buffets on these shoots :p we'll see! Will try to be good!!

P.s. I already have a tan ;) mwahaha...

Back