Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Aww I'm sure he will be fine, hope you're having a great time x

Hellooooo! I'm hoooome!

Awesome trip :) saw so much!
We hit up 11 cities in under 3 weeks, then spent the last week lazing on the beach in Goa for a few days and then in Mumbai (also lazing at Esther's house as was so exhausted)!

Saw lots of shocking things but strangely wasn't that affected... A fair bit of poverty, crippled beggars that dragged their limp bodies along the floor :/ hundreds of dead dogs on the road (drivers are maniacs and dogs just wander through the high roads :( ), we saw an open cremation by the side of the river Ganges (though didn't see the bodies really) and all sorts of culture shock... But aside from all that negative stuff, India really wasn't as bad as everyone was making out before I left. Family were telling me I was going to get severely ill and die or get raped and die, lol... Thanks family. It didn't feel unsafe at all! Even alone at night I didn't feel unsafe. The people were really freindly- SUPER keen and interested as they love white people out there, so we got followed a bit in touristy sites (though just by people who were interested and wanted to photograph us) and doooozens of people asked us for pictures with them... Sometimes men wanted just pictures of us alone and my friend Esther who's from Mumbai said not to let them as they'd just stick our head on a naked body and plaster it online- LOL. I was really touched when young girls came up excitedly to me though to ask where I was from- it was mainly young adult men and young /teen girls who were really excited. Funnily they approached me more than my blonde friend- expected she'd be more exciting to them! But apparently because of my dark hair/eyes I am more like a white version of them, so that excited them! On tv out there all the Indian women are so pale and everyone uses whitening lotions! Anyway, it was bizarre being stared at so much but I learnt to tune it out really quick- but my blonde friend really let it ruin her trip (which really annoyed me and another friend as it was unnecessary... these people weren't being aggressive or invasive, just staring... And the blonde was acting like she was in danger because of it and being quite racist about it :S)

There was definitely quite a group divide by about half way through the trip! Me and Diana (who is London born but originates from Sri Lanka) vs Esther (the Indian girl) and Emma (the blonde) - we didn't massively fall out or anything but Emma really got on Di and my nerves, so we'd split off to get away from her a bit when we could. I loved traveling with Di though, we had such lolz together!
As for the country itself- we had so many different and awesome experiences! And wow, the landscape really varies! We did a few looong drives (6hrs+) and within them the landscape would change from Mexico like to Switzerland like to desert to really green! Beautiful :) and there were monkeys everywhere! Langurs and macaques just hanging by the road (one jumped on our car, hehe!)
We did a few safaris and saw a leopard and bears :D really rare! No tigers though sadly, but lots of monkeys and deer and peacocks and such. We also did a camel trek and camped in the desert- camels are everywhere in North India! We only saw one Elephant the whole time- in Goa- just hundreds of camels and cows (cows just hang out in the roads and sleep in the middle of highways, nuts! We even saw them bullying tourists on the beach lol!)
Am so broke now that I'm home, was totally relying on those shoots which fell through, so now the safety net of money I've always kept balanced in my account is down to about 1/4 of it's usual amount- eek! At least I bought all my xmas presents out there :p but am nervous as hell as I haven't been offered any middle east shoots because of visa issues etc, and have been relying on them for some time... Oh, and G's savings are out now too, as he spent them all taking us on the previous 3 month trip! Need to get my ass in gear and sort out my portfolio!

OK so I must admit, I've been dreading coming back on here with weigh in results as I ate SO MUCH crap out there :( so much frigging bread... Because we went veggie to avoid Delhi Belly, we ended up eating super carby meals and by the last week I was eating anything willy nilly- chocolate, cake, etc. I came home feeling SO FAT. So bloated...
I tried to be healthy at the start but I had no idea what I was ordering- so the veg dish would come swimming in oil and cream :/ to be honest, some dishes were really nice but most were a bit blah and I got bored of it fast. Even when I did eat meat I didn't find it that amazing (I'm not a huge fan of lamb and the chicken was always chunks with bone in which puts me off too). I really love curries in the Middle East but I wasn't a huge fan in India, Thailand or Bali! But the Naan bread.... Oooooh my god... On the first day that we travelled (about 4 days into my trip) we had the best meal of the whole damn trip at this super local place- the naan was... other worldly! I learnt VERY quickly however how badly my body responded to white flour... I was feeling so bloated and sluggish and having cramps every time I ate white bread! So I stopped eating that for the most part :( even though it was the only thing I really enjoyed out there. I did enjoy this kofta dish which was a 'cottage cheese' soft ball in a sauce, that was really yum.
So yeah, in Goa on the beach I felt SO FAT, so bloated... And in Mumbai too at the end... When I got home, my stomach was noticeably much bigger in the mirror- I was feeling awful about it and so insecure suddenly and nervous :( I had to put WI off for a few days for various reasons (I never weigh the day after a flight, the day after that G was sleeping late and I didn't want to wake him with the wii but wanted to weigh before eating, the third day I'd had loads of Sake (alcohol) tasters at Hyper Japan and felt dehydrated...) so I was just feeling really crap this week since returning! But I've had a salad every day this week, I've eaten well and really enjoyed salad!!! Couldn't have it in India as they wash the salad in tap water which can wipe you out for two weeks of awful illness, didn't want to risk ruining the trip :( really missed it though! India is by far the hardest place I've found to eat healthy as a foreigner!
Last night I had a shoot, before I went I had to have a quick dinner as I was in a rush, so had a big double hex sized bowl of porridge- I wolfed it down and felt SO ILL after that I was lying on the floor with painful cramps- f*ck! It was awful! I had to get into the cab with them to get to my evening filming job :/ paracetamol helped luckily! This morning the poo fairy relieved me and oh wow- I could already see a huge difference in my stomach from just 4 days back on plan! (and, well, one of those days wasn't on plan as I had deep fried octopus balls and sake at Hyper Japan :p) and was generally feeling so much less bloated...
So this morning the dreaded WI... I'd originally felt fatter than last time I returned from the 3 month trip- I swear on this trip we had MUCH less exercise too, weirdly it didn't seem like we walked around much at all :S cars everywhere... Not many full days on our feet... I was expected a stone gain or more :(
BUT... ONLY 3LBS ON!!! OMFG!!! AHHH :D:D:D I'm so SO happy!!

I'm sure that could easily have been double when I got back but has already partially gone, but... F*CK! I'm SO relieved and happy! 3lbs! What is 3lbs after a MONTH of bad eating? That'll be off in a week or two back on plan! So now it's almost conceivable that I can lose 5 lbs and be a HEALTHY BMI by xmas!!! Eeeeee :D
I was so, SO surprised... Yesterday I had tried on my dress that wouldn't zip up after the last trip, and it fit perfectly- should have been a hint!

F*ck guys... I'm over the moon. I was really feeling so disappointed in myself and dreading another 3 months of reducing the gain (with xmas and another gain there thrown in!)

Honestly, I find SW a doddle at home (OK, except the past few months after the last trip... But usually!) but while travelling... I just suck at it. So this year has been a waste of SW time in diet terms, but I've had an awesome year seeing the world :) I won't be able to travel (apart from work) for some time now as I'm so broke, so I guess the plus side of that is I'll be less of an emotional mess trying to balance the gains and such :p
Now I just have to go through another 12k photos (added to about 30k from the last trip) and cry at my laptop as I miss the travels :p hehe.

LONG POST! Sheesh.
Hope you're all well! I won't be able to properly catch up but I'll slot back in to see how you're all doing some time in the week!
Much love x

Oh welcome back! Been enjoying seeing your photos. Sounds and looks as if you've had an amazing experience. Very wise going veggie isn't it, although I was under the impression that Indians are mostly vegetarian cooks anyway? I'd have definitley gone meat free too as I always get a bad tummy abroad. The only place I didn't was New York but I guess that's a bit more like home lol naan bread wow I'd have eaten my weight in that.

its a shame that one of the girls spoiled it a bit. There's always one! Well done you for only putting 3lb on x

I know it is kinda crazy that I am rejoicing over a 3lb gain :p but seriously... I have gained more than that in a weekend shooting in Dubai! And I know a week or two back on plan will even that right out :) I am really excited to get back to losing weight after a year of fluctuating because of trips away, cant wait to be my lowest wright yet for xmas *fingers crossed* hehe.
Had some naughties at my sister's 13th birthday party last night but meals were all really healthy/low cal veg heavy so that should have balanced it out a bit :)
Hope you are doing well Rochelle! What are you up to these days? X

Welcome back matey!!
It sounds so amazing :D I'm very jealous of the leopard and bears! That must have been amazing.

It's funny how we don't always travel well with friends isn't it? Lol! Quite hard to find someone who travels the way you do, if that makes sense?

Can't wait to see your pictures. I have seen some on FB :)

And super well done on a 3lb gain. That's incredible :D Super made up for you. That'll be gone in now time ;) xx

Lol Kelly! In now time, eh? I like the sound of that :D

The monkeys were my favourite as we got so close, even though they were really common compared :p but the leopard and bears were far so it kinda didnt feel different to like zoo viewing lol :p

Today has been a healthy low cal day but have over Hex'd! I had all my Hex's for breakfast, a salad for lunch and then dinner was porridge (extra hex A + B) and a banana - but to be honest, that is a lower calorie dinner than I'd have had if I cooked a meat dish so I'm not fussed!
Had a reece cup (absolutely obsessed with these! Only tried them about 6 weeks ago and fell in love lol!) whih I think are about 7 syns each (250cal a pack of 2 I believe) and a 2 syn choc, plus golden syrup on porridge and cereal, couple of syns for homemade honey and mustard salad dressing... But in all a good day, any day where I can sucessfully have a meat free salad as a meal (i.e. not getting starvig and noshing later) is a bonus to me :p
Oh, and! Burnt 333 cal doing some exercise :D (dancing about in my room with my 2kg weights and doing some boxercize and press ups)
Thinking about asking my dad for gym membership for xmas! But when I think harder about it I get lazy thoughts and go off the idea :p

Hey Minis!

This is a bit of an analytical post in terms of diet; since returning from India and being frankly god smacked by not gaining about 6x what I did, I've decided I need to have a closer look at my diet and understand things a bit... Before I went away I'd really struggled to lose weight in the previous 3 months apart from when I went carb free, also in the early months of the year before I went on my first trip I was struggling with gains and STS's when I was eating what I thought was pretty on plan... Things aren't quite adding up now when I look at the carb based diet I was eating in India on top of all the junk- and gaining barely more than I have done in a week where I've over cereal'd :p

Things are starting to add up. I just want to say now that I'm an extraverted thinker (and introverted feeler) - meaning to understand my thought process/logical ideas I really need to output it conversationally (or in this case, on paper!) so actually I'm writing all this down as a way of understanding, rather than trying to force my ideas down your throats or anything :p it's all pretty OBVIOUS stuff that I'd just been ignoring for ages, nothing revolutionary... I'm just excited to have shed light on my own problems, lol! You guys are going to face palm when you realise that the punchline of this post is just: "I've been massively over Hex'ing for months" :p um... duh?

OK, so here we go...

In India I was generally eating 2 big meals a day (breakfast and lunch) and sometimes a dinner, sometimes not as I often didn't feel the need. I was eating a lot of white rice, creamy curries, brown bread (after the pain of white bread getting too much for my gut) and, eh :p chocolate! I was eating a 10 square bar of dairy milk caramel or galaxy, etc, at least 1-2 times a day. I realise on speculation that despite a pretty unhealthy diet out there, I was eating at regular meal times one hearty meal, where the month before I was kinda eating snacky meals all day and often a very late dinner around 10pm-midnight which isn't a good idea for weight loss.
Breakfasts in India usually involved eggs (hard boiled), rice, wholewheat bread, some sort of lentil dahl and veg curry, occasionally a banana and some curd (thick kinda yoghurt). This is what Indian's eat as a staple breakfast; sometimes that buffet had cornflakes and I'd OD on them a bit, often there would be white toast and I'd have a slice or two with jam (on top of all that!). Maybe 1/3rd of the time we didn't have breakfast included so instead of that buffet^ (I'd always overeat at buffets, it's something I can never control!) I'd order cornflakes, milk and banana or scrambled eggs on toast. Basically though, often breakfasts were huge because of the buffet element, everyone overate, so Lunch would often come around late as it would be a mutual decision to pause the excursion to eat, so whenever we were hungry or it was deemed convenient. Lunch was a combination of wholewheat breads, dahl, rice, vegetarian curry (often that cottage cheese based one), then dinner was similar or skipped. So I was eating very regular sit down meals instead of snacking, and when I did snack it wasn't a small meal (i.e. cereal, yoghurts), it was stuff on the road to often substitute a meal- crisps and chocolate usually.
I don't think I gained weight this way at all- I think all of my weight gain would have been the last week and a half in Goa and Mumbai when I ate a huge amount of cake, chocolate, alcohol, bread with PB and chinese take away food- genuinely gob smacked that this only came to a 3lb gain- maybe I even lost weight on the previous leg? I felt so bloated and fat though!

So this morning I measured my milk and realised quite how much I've been over hex'ing since my kitchen scales went out of juice. You guys were telling me to stop being lazy and buy new batts for months as well! But yeah... I think I was aware of what I was doing too and just bored of dieting and consciously cheating. Everyone knows the first thing to do when SW isn't really doing the job is to make sure you're measuring Hex's... So in my weeks of STS's and moaning about it, I can probably put it down to having about 6 of each Hex a day instead of 2 :p if 1 HexB of cereal is like 130~ cal, then I was sometimes having... 700 cal worth a day!? And that's without all the calories of milk and the bloody golden syrup I poured all over it!

Last night I measured the weight of fruit and fibre- a 2xHex bowl of 70g - it was TINY! I always knew that heavy cereals like that barely got you any bang for your buck of SW... But WOAH... That 2 hex bowl was like HALF the size bowl I was previously counting as 1 hex!! *****... I'd be having 2 bowls of that a day, pretending it was 2xHexb's when it was more like the equivalent of 8 hex's!!! NO WONDER I wasn't losing weight on cereal weeks! That is how one maintains- upping the Hex's!
The only time I lost weight was when I went carb free and cut the cereal out- because for once I wasn't eating 4x the amount I was supposed to! But seriously... Those two bowls of Fruit n' Fibre weren't even big, they were a standard size bowl... I was oblivious to the over eating completely as it didn't feel like masses. I can only imagine that people eat that cereal thinking they are making a healthy weight loss choice for breakfast and not realising they're having more than if they had pancakes...!

This morning I measured the SS milk I put in my tea - 60ml (I like it milky and I had a cup that holds 1.5 cups of tea) of the 250ml allowance for one HexA.

I didnt used to be a regular tea drinker at all until my 3 month travels earlier in the year where I drank tea to wake up better and aid my hotel room half arsed breakfasts; in Japan they're huge on tea, and even though I used to drink a lot of green tea (their fave), I mainly was having milky black tea for the caffeine. My mum always liked about a double portion of milk in her teas- super white- and I definitely took that on board as I started drinking tea. I really sweeten it too with 2 splenda pills in each standard cup - I like breakfast tea to be sweet and milky and not too hot - kinda milkshake like ;) it's more of a sweet treat than a remotely healthy drink...
Since returning in July I've been drinking loads of tea! I have a double sized disney mug which holds two cups of tea- I drink that in the morning and then maybe 1-2 more a day... So that's the equivalent of 4-6 cups of tea some days! And recently I realised that I over milk it even for my tastes as I just pour and then realise it's too white... In those double cups I probably have at least 100ml of tea... So that x3 = 300ml, already 50ml over for 1 HexA... Then I'd have probably 250ml x2 with cereal... And then I'd often throw in 30g of cheddar somewhere too :S
Guys, this is so retarded it hurts... I've been so clued up to what I'm doing but I've been ignoring it and expecting it not to be that bad... Jeeeeeeze.

So I'm not going to do any drastic no carb thing, I might even start introducing some rice into my diet (I've learnt for a fact that pasta, like white bread, just screws me up- I physically feel pain from it, so I'll be avoiding that) but I'm going to be a good girl and measure ALL my Hex's from now on... at least until I get a better grasp of what the measurements look like again- I used to! I used to guess then measure it and it would be nearly exact! But yeah, time to actually follow SW again after months of doing it half arsed. I'm determined to actually shrink for once :) this year has been a 'battle' of losing the gain to get back down to where I was in Feb... Well now I'm almost there again so I'm hoping to actually shrink a bit :) I miss that feeling of being smaller! I actually don't feel as slinky as I did before when I was this size...
I might start my arm exercises up again, even though they bother my knee :( I need some small routine like that to do daily that I can manage and see results with...!

OK, another long post, full of 'duh' information :p but I understand better now, so thanks for putting up with it lol!
I think I might start logging my food diary again to get a better view of what I'm eating. Jet lag has me waking up super early (6am ish) and eating lunch by 10 :/ which is confusing...
Yesterday my dinner was 100% veg and I made extra for tomorrow as well as a soup :D I've actually been pretty vegetarian since returning as A) we only have frozen meat and I'm too lazy to defrost it- I only get off my ass to make food when I'm starving, so haven't bothered to cook properly (not good!) and B) we're kinda poor now so I'm going to eat more veg heavy meals (veg is cheap from local market) aaaand C) I've been reading up a bit about the hormones and antibiotics they laden animals with before they put it on the shelf, and how harmful it is to both our health and our weight loss... So it's kinda opened my eyes a bit to what I'm putting into myself... I used to eat a LOT of meat, so now I'm going to tone it down a bit. And the poor thing :p

Peace out x

Bit gutted that I got an STS today as I've been so damn good! I didn't even do a mid week WI... I know the culprit is my cycle; I'm due on in 6 days so I guess this week wasn't a good week for losing due to that.
I guess also that I probably got a big chunk of a post travel loss before I found the time to weigh in- 4 days on plan probably shocked several pounds of bloating away, though I expected more after a full week on plan! Oh well, trying not to dote on it because I know how my cycle completely determines my ability to lose weight on certain weeks! High expectations for a big post *week loss next week :)

I'm having a cheat night out with friends tonight; I will choose something healthy for the meal but am not going to limit my alcohol intake since I so rarely go out on benders these days and haven't seen these friends in 6 months!
x

Last night's naughties included two mini bottles of wine (1.8 glasses in each), two strong bows and dinner was 6 onion rings! Had intended on a liquid dinner (if I mix food and booze I get nauseas) but my friend ordered a burger and doesn't like onion rings and they are my faaave :D I know they are atrocious syn wise though, whoops...
Enjoyable night, wish my long lingering jet lag hadn't caused me to be too tired to be function by 11.30pm though as had to bail on going to the club! Have literally been going to bed at 9am and waking up at 5-6am every day still!

Today we had BACON! I hadn't had bacon in a couple of months, really enjoyed it :D grilled it without the fat and with some cheese on top then put it in a hexB wholemeal bun with some lettuce and ketchup - NOM. Cauliflower, more lettuce and scrambled eggs on the side, yum yum yum. Dinner was veg soup, have had quite a few bite size treats today so trying to counteract that :/ got some sweets from poundland that are SO GOOD but no idea the calorie content, it's a tupperware of a pick and mix style sweet- strawberry cable with the white filling but fatter chunks and covered in sour sugar... They're so good!

Productive day sorting the house out, namely the bathroom which has been overflowing with half finished bottles from years of gifts and hotel nabs hehe... Managed to sort and decant them and have left the mini shampoos out for G to use up :p

Just read your very long post lol it's crazy to think how much you were eating in India and only gaining 3lb! But you're right, those snacky foods throughout the day add up. If it was me I'd probably get down to writing a paper based food diary, that's always helped me in the last, logging down what hex's ive had and jotting each syn down! It really does work when you go back to basics.

Your night out doesn't sound too bad! I'd have probably done way worse than that lol!

Ooh I love a good sort out in the house. I'm brutal with throwing things out though, everything goes in the bin! X

-3lbs todayyyy :D India gain is gone and I'm just 2lbs above my lowest weight of 13st6 in Feb :D about 1.5lbs away from healthy BMI again! Yippeee!

* week arrived last night so I knew my big loss would be today, was slightly nervous though after a couple of nights drinking in the week and a couple of days off Red (made homemade sushi and ate tonnes of it! It was without the sugar and mayo normally added though :) )
Yet always it seems to be that this week in my cycle I lose well, even if ai slack a bit, and the week before I dont lose even if good as gold. You think I'd learn to stop getting in a tiff about that pre* sts :p

Off to Qatar for a week on Sunday for a couple of shoots, so wont be fully on plan as will be away and eating out of a hotel room again :/ am going to try amd bring some porridge pots and bits with me, hopefully it'll be an apartment hotel with cooking fascilities... Oh and if there is a gym I will totally get in on that! Not sure there will be though!
After Qatar I am flying straight to Dubai for another week (3 more shoots!) am so relieved to have these shoots but at the same time- am so broke and living away from home is costly (food, travel, etc) and I wont get paid until Jan so xmas is going to be super tight :/ G said he will lend me some but I still owe him £400 from using his card abroad (he has one that allows free overseas transactions).
Anyway! Am looking forward to Dubai :D not to Qatar though lol, not much to do there and have to cover up shoulders and knees in blistering heat. Have never been away for work this long- 16 days! Will take my laptop and some projects to get on with, might be a good place to focus.

Went to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park today and probably regained those 3lbs in all the naughties I ate! Day off ;) wont WI until mid Dec now when I am back.
Ooh and- ate Zebra today! Split a zebra burger with G. Yum.
X

Hey Cheeky! Work trip is going good, thanks :) am nearly a week down and I think I've done pretty well food wise! Have had two shoots but haven't gorged on the desserts like I often do on them out here- I mean, I had a decent handful of epic chocolates but nothing too mental- I often get into binge mode out here!
Actually, overall I'm pretty happy with how I've been eating here :) haven't really been on plan but keeping healthy in mind with everything. Have been eating big healthy breakfasts at the buffets- loads of fruit, yoghurt, scrambled eggs and some alpen each day, then something small before shoots for lunch (porridge at last hotel in Doha as only had kettle) or on non shoot days have kinda skipped until dinner.
Had a huuuuge sushi blow out on the night we went for a company meal ;) we ordered 4 platters for the table and OMG it was way too much! Was stuffed... So good though :D
Am trying not to spend on food out here as am so broke until I get paid for these shoots :p just got to Dubai last night and now we have an apartment hotel so have a kitchen in the room, I just had an uncle bens mexican bean rice for lunch with some added soy sauce- so easy and quick! Shame I didn't bring more of them :p am just catching the last of the sun by the pool on my day off and then when it gets dark in an hour or so I'll head to the shops and do a grocery run... Am here for two weeks now so will buy proper bits to cook with, brought fry light and splenda with me hehe :D but will def get lots of fruit and salad in!

The girls ordered room service (about a tenner each) last night but I just had a porridge ;) am too cheap for that! I did have 3 double vodkas though from my duty free litre :p can't buy alcohol in shops here, just at hotels, so that litre cost me £8 and will keep me going out here! :p ha! Also, the tenner I saved by not getting room service I've put towards the sequin ebay dress I bought last night :p boxing day party outfit sorted! It's a size 12 but hoping it'll fit as it's a New Look item and I usually fit a 12-14 there, also I have the exact same dress except white and size 18, I loved how iridescent the white was but couldn't find that one online so got a navy blue... But I remember it had some give/stretch in the fabric and it is a skater style dress which the shape always suits me well (pinches at the waist, loose over tum to hide it!) so I'm hoping that was a good decision ;) my white one cost £30 and I never got to wear it! :( now I have the confidence to rock it and it's waaay too big :( I might see if I can bring it in a bit though. The blue one I just ordered was £14 (auction) and £3 postage. A nice treat to wear during xmas period keep me healthy minded out here and come home to :p

So yeah, it's going well out here but am a bit homesick :( miss G and such... Especially as it's so soon after the previous travels away for a month. Worked out earlier I'll literally have spent 6 months out of the country this year- woah!

Doha (Qatar) was really boring as our hotel pool got no sun so there was no point hanging out there (plus water was freezing) and you have to pay like £30 to go to private beaches there if you want to swim in the sea, so it was a bit lame being there... But now I'm in Dubai woohoo! Am filming an event tomorrow for an alcohol company where Patrick Stewart is a special guest (the party in honour of him or something!) so that should be fun! Then I have 3 days off until my next shoot and I think I'll be out here alone, have stuff in mind to go out and do though :) then I'm shooting every other day (or sometimes twice in a row) until I fly home on the 20th.

OH and! There are weighing scales here! So I checked my weight today and am 87.4kg which is about 13st8! Exactly the same as when I left... I know scales could be half a stone out but that was after breakfast (I always weigh pre any food in the morning usually) and wearing some light clothes, so I think it's safe to say I haven't gained yet...! Am going to keep an eye on that and if I gain anything hopefully it'll scare me into being healthier :p usually don't get to weigh myself out here so am hoping this will help keep me on track :)

Hope everyone's doing well :) hi from Dubai! x

Have been eating well except on shoots where I've been awful :O but still weigh the same according to.hotel scales so guess it is balanced out :) I dont mind just maintaining out here as long as I dont gain loads...!

Last night I had camel for dinner and loooads of chocolate and macaroons :p
I have one shoot left until I finish my run on 5 shoots in 4 days- 3 days in a row went straight to sleep after shoot and woke uo to an alarm to get ready, literally 0 chill time :( today I get a few hours to relax before shoot and tomorrow am off for the day, woop!

Hellooooo!

Did my post xmas weigh in today and expected to be all mournful, but miraculously I LOST 2lbs :eek: however, be jealous not as the week before I did my post 3-weeks-in-the-Middle-East WI and had gained 8LBS!! Buuut basically it's very cycle related, I was continuing the pill but when I weighed in the day after G's birthday I was very due on, but skipped that period with the pill... So I recon about 4lbs of water weight was held onto there so I probably technically did gain over xmas- there's no way I can't have, I ate and drank SO MUCH!
Anyway, I really expected on top of that +8lbs to have a +5lbs! But my total is now +6lbs and that, although crappy, is manageable (especially when I had much worse expectations!)
Today marks my first day on plan in over a month; in Dubai, although the scales said I'd gained 1kg (2.2lbs) over the two weeks, I guess the week before in Qatar I had gained weight I couldn't check up on- that was my first week off plan so was a bit naughtier!

Anyway, I have high hopes that if I stay on plan fully this 6lbs should be history. No NYE plans, have been invited to a couple of things but just cba, so not sure if I'll be drinking or what but am really not that bothered about the whole thing after a week of xmas parties!

So currently I'm at 14st, not good! Need to keep aiming for my 100lbs award @ 13st 4lbs and my 'healthy BMI' milestone at 13st6lbs... 2014 has been a manic year weight wise, very up and down with all of the travels, but after a big chilled break off plan I'm ready to get my healthy hat on and make some progress finally :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a brilliant festive season! I'm just waaaaiting for my Dubai pay cheques to come through now so I can go splurge in the sales LOL! :p
x

Happy new year matey!!

Hope you're doing ok? I've had some epic gains recently now and put on a LOT of weight that's made me miserable. I've gained two stone over the last 12 months. And, really, that's not on is it?! ;) So I'm with you on my first day back on plan today. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas.xx

Ahh dude I am still mot on plan and I've gained 2lbs since my post xmas WI :( boooo. Not really feeling it at the mo!
2st- that sucks! So unfair how easily you gain when you are such a healthy eater :(
Hope you're having a great new year so far! X

Hey matey!
Sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Its so hard to get back into it sometimes. Especially as you had such a busy Christmas time with working away and stuff. Must be so hard to get your head straight.
But you know you will in time.

Aye, can't believe 2 years ago, just before Sweden, I was almost at 11 stone - can't remember the exact weight - and was comfortable in size 12's and had some 10's. Frustrating!!! But I very much have my stubborn moose head on now and really want to shift it! Have had a great re-start week so far.
Its about to go t*ts up a bit as I have 3 birthday related things over the next week and a bit. But it'll be alright :) I feel like I'm "in the zone" ;) Exercising a little too, which doesn't help my losses, but helps my head.

Hope you and G are all OK? And Mr Kitty??
Feels like we've not spoken in aaaaaaages!!x

I know- minis is so quiet hese days and I've not been on plan enough to hang out here much haha!
I am feeling determined to get on plan when I get home- yesterday was a very healthy day but today I was stuck with what I was given at airport- arghhh my connecting flight got overbooked so I had to stay an extra night in the middle east! Oh well, home tomorrow (I hope!) and methinks will try to go cold turkey back on plan! Have probably gained more out here and next WI will be pre period bloat too.
Yesterday I hit the hotel gym for half an hour, at least. Sheesh gyms are boring...! My knee is all flared up from using the bike :(

Right Cheeky, I am going to follow your lead and get my head in gear. I want to start walking more too... I definitely gain weight quicker by small diet blunders at home than big long term blunders when traveling when I am on my feet more (work trips not included as I eat bad while sitting sill on a plane!), at home I am so damn sedentary... Need to get off my a*s more!

I know it's easier said than done. But could you not weigh in for a couple of weeks while you get your head sorted and try and get back on plan?
I'm trying to stay off the scales in work until I'm on an early shift on Friday. Well, really trying lol! I'm in every day this week as well so not sure how that will go ;) But official WI will be Fri morning. Yup! That'll be 11 days in to my re-start.

Ah mate you know you can do it. Course you can! You just need to find your mojo again :) xx

Back