Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey Wii! Sorry to hear your wii is bust :(!! Hopefully it is fixable... Though with the new wii-u out the normal wii's might be going online second hand quite reasonably?

G is the most insanely tollerant person ever, he doesnt like James (the ex) quite obviously, though mainly because I'd always be in a mood after talking to him, but he was OK with it yesterday. He used to chat weekly to his ex of 8 years so he gets it, and he knows James isnt a threat at all because I'd NEVER go there, it was an awful relationship! We were best friends and it shouldnt have exceeded that!
Besides, he lives up North in the middle of nowhere so wont be hanging out or anything, just nice to chat. I have more boundaries now :)
G also liked hearing how I bragged to James about how awesome G is :p I said something I enjoyed the phrase of: Gerard orbits me, making sure everything he possibly can control makes me happy. He is such a giver, so tollerant and patient and just lovely.
I give him so much crap, poor boy, but he is absolutely besotted and devoted to me! I think he likes having a princess to spoil who bosses him around LOL :D or I'd be history. I whinge loads but am a very lucky gal. He is the unlucky one :p

Gah, 3.30am bedtime backfired as the cat woke us up at 11 and I couldnt get back to sleep... Was hoping for 1pm or so! Having said that, later in the week I have another shoot I have to be up early for so after preparing for the night shoot that'll suck!
Time to check in on the wii for my official wi though doubt it'll be different from yesterday (hopefully not a gain after that big birthday meal though!) x

OMFG!! -2lbs since YESTERDAY = -3lbs since Thurs = -5lbs since Min!! -5lbs this week! YES! Now THAT is more like it! Ahh, I'm back to the good part of the cycle :D woohoo!
Weird how it's ALWAYS the Monday after a particularly naughty foodie weekend that I get the best loss. Feeling over the moon and am going to enjoy my sweet and sour chinese tonight!!
X

Great stuff Tetris!

Sounds to me like you and G are both lucky to have each other! :D

I'm in the 17s! First time since... I was 17 :p gosh, how sad is that!? Anyway, think the Red days really paid off so will aim for another few this week.

Enjoyed the take away today, mmm! Kept the rest of the day low syns though and won't be saving the spares for the rest of the week as that sweet and sour felt sooo naughty :p

EE
______

B: Yoghurt, fruit, Green tea

L: Sweet and Sour chicken (11 syns), plain boiled rice, boiled carrot and sugar snap peas.

D: Pasta with HexA cheese, sugar snap peas and salad.

S: Mango, mullerlight (1 syn- cheesecake variety) and HexB Chewy Delight (having it now and mmm I've missed them! First one for over a week methinks!)

______

Woke up early this morning so am tired already, grr. Night shoot tomorrow night! Am really nervous we'll run late as Gerard will be driving us (an hour there and an hour back) and the later we wrap, the later we drive... He really doesn't want to drive but I'm screwed for the shoot otherwise as I'd have to treck home at 4am on night busses for 2 hours with equipment :/ so I really hope we wrap on time! These shoots ALWAYS over run...

Today was fun; Mum and bro were over and it was SO nice to see my mum after so long :) we all played Monopoly which ended up going on for hours and p*ssing everyone off- oh well!

x

Just realised I've passed the 1/3rd way mark now for my weight loss- yippee! I still feel exactly the same though :/ my mum said she can tell I've lost weight but she was vague about it and no-one else has mentioned anything! Sigh. I'm also one pound off of 2.5 stone award! Yay! I'm psyched after such a great loss this week but really hoping I start to notice it soon!!

You will Tetris! Your clothes must be feeling looser already?

Oh Hun, your doing fab. I'm suprised people haven't noticed yet. Can Gerard feel the difference on you? I think this is the weight loss where people will start to notice tho :) and as long as your seeing the difference that's the main thing. Often people notice but don't say anything for 2 reasons: 1) they become jealous that your loosing weight 2) some people don't like talking about weight do people don't bring it up so as not to offend. I'm sure you can see it. Are you doing any before and after photos? I forgot to take before ones. X

G and I are both the type who dont notice people's weight fluctuations. I have an aunt who apparently looses and gains weight dramatically all the time but I never notice! I havent noticed my clothes getting loose but I've always worn fabrics that stretch and never wear trousers, just leggings really, so it's hard to tell with clothes.
However, saw my dads side of the fam over the weekend and they are really hot on mentioning weight loss but didnt hear a peep out of them even though I wore something figgure hugging!
I am excited to see the numbers drop, that is motivation enough at this point, another month and I'll be over 3 stone down and bound to start noticing.
Yesterday easter egg and maltesers were passed around the monopoly board for hours and I didnt have even the tiniest piece! I feel so strong, like nothing could possibly screw up this journey for me. I have never felt so on the path to sucess before and that feels great. I know the losses slow down and get harder, but I had a better loss this week than I did in my first month so that ain't happening any time soon!
My dad is taking me, G, my littke sisters and stepmother to disney world Florida this summer- I am SO EXCITED. I'm a huge disney fanatic and Disney Paris the xmas before last with G was my favourite trip EVER. I cant wait!!
But also what is exciting is to know that by mid July (3.5 months away) I'll have almost exactly doubled this weight loss journey so far- so hopefully will be another 2 stone closer to goal! If I can be in tge 15's by then I'll be just a coupla stone overweight rather than 7 stone over weight- I bet I'll feel amazing! So that is a massive goal for me- feeling great in Disney World.

I already feel this confidence within me, I may bot notice the difference physically but I'm darn proud of myself for making this huge leap towards change and that I think is giving me bodily confidence.
I'm a bit nervous about 2 weeks off plan in Florida, where I'll be eating out 3 times a day, but by then I will tell my dad that I'm on a diet and get finnicky about ordering things with less oil/butter or plainer. I'll hunt down shops for lots of fruit and make it work!

I'm so excited for the summer... To be thinner and happier. This sort of thing makes me want to join the gym so I can be even slimmer by July!!

Thanks all for being so comforting. I only just woke up, nice and late so I'll survive the night shoot, and am checking in here on my phone- great positive energy to wake up with!

Hello Tetris!

I have just sped read your entire diary and am so happy I have found a kindred spirit. I am a huge film lover, my boyfriend Mick is even more so and would love you!! We go to the cinema on average about 4 times a month but watch films and shows almost every night - we both have love film memberships and so we are constantly watching movies and tv box sets!

In fact we are actually thinking of moving so we can be near to a Cineworld (there are none around us at the moment)! Imagine basing a new home on having a Cineworld in the vicinity! We spend so much money on going to the movies, and I find it so hard going not having popcorn (I usually succumb, which I hate myself for 800 cals for a large salty popcorn - feck that!).

I also have missed a period and had to take a couple of PG tests (negative thankfully) and I also have PCOS, although unlike you I am on Dianette, and have been since I was 18 (am 36 now) which agrees with me and gives me the hormones I need to keep the PCOS at bay.

I am now an avid fan of your diary and will be reading your film reviews with interest.

Oh and by the way, well done on your losses so far, you have done really really well and your food ideas sounds fabulous. You do not seem like you have only been cooking up a storm for the last year, in fact you sound very confident in the kitchen!

xxx
ps. re your comments about G, (I hope I don't cause offence (or speak out of line) as personal relationships are just that, personal) I am sure living in each other pockets day in and day out is tough, but he seems to adore you and you seem to have so much in common (except the fecking F1 - I HATE THAT SH!T - that constant car noise drives me mad! - fortunately Mick is not a fan, more a lover of the footy). Relationships aren't always easy, but they are not supposed to be tough all the time either. I always say as long as you are 90% happy / 10% unhappy, then its worth keeping on going. I am lucky, Mick and I have a great relationship and I love going home to him - I would say we are 95% / 5% - thats good enough for me. You need to be happy Tetris.

pps - We watched a film called Lay The Favourite on Sunday - it a 2012 movie. Wasn't sure about it, have you seen it? Its Bruce Willis and Catherine Z-J, about gambling in Las Vegas? I wasnt overly struck, neither was Mick - it was well acted, but the subject matter .... it was hard to understand what it was they actually were doing, and if I don't understand that, then the film kind of lets me down.

Hi Charleybarley!! It's so awesome to have you here :D yay! I love having film buddies!! :D

I haven't seen that film- I am really rubbish at sitting home and watching films so my film knowledge is mainly in cinema releases of the past 3 years since I got my Cineworld pass :rolleyes: had to blag my way through film school without having watched the Godfather trilogy (I've tried and tried but I just can't focus on it!) my film school friends all take the mick out of how few 'classics' I've seen, but my love of films is a really weird one... Obviously they don't captivate me enough at home- but I love to make them and I love to watch them on the big screen... Though you know all this as you've just trolled through this huge diary- Phwoar!

I'm not sure if I tried Dianette, I think I've tried one called Diane or something similar... Since I got scanned for PCOS in the summer my Dr hasn't really said what the next step is to dealing with it- but luckily since around October it seemed to stabilise- no more pains, no more skipped periods followed by huge gushing horrible ones- so this past month has been really confusing. Still no period yet but feel REALLY pre-menstral at the moment so am hoping it'll show up any minute now (probably while I'm on this night shoot just to P*ss me off!) though have felt PMS-y and expectant of it a couple of times :S G recons this tiny bit of blackish blood discharge I had around my period time might have just been it! But it was barely anything and only noticed it twice one day and then no more. Anyway (ew) :p not bothering to worry about it as he also reminded me that we weren't THAT careless and it all should be OK. IT BETTER BE- I WANNA BE SLIM AND GO TO DISNEY WORLD!! :p
I might have a look into Dianette though but part of me just thinks gosh- that whole year of experimenting contraceptive pills was SO painful in so many ways and took ages to stabilise after- not sure I can hack it again!

I nearly moved to be near a Cineworld- lol! I live 20 mins bus away from one (door to door luckily! But busses aren't cheap and neither is the parking there) but literally was thinking of renting a place in Wood Green- SLUM GHETTO of North London- to be in walking distance. It is literally stabbing central around there- lol! But yeah, we live just far enough away to be in a nicer area :p
Cineworld is seriously the best deal ever though. Find some nice snacks to bring with! The ones there are SO expensive anyway! Before SW we used to bring our own popcorn and smuggle it in :p now I just bring loads of fruit from the market and stuff and nosh on that. It's so hard not to crave nosh at the cinema, isn't it!? I just associate it with constant eating :p good way to get super free in...!

I still need to do a Stoker review- best film I've seen this year! But we're about to go have a nap and some chill down time before getting ready for this night shoot. I'm quite stressed about it as recently I've been doing lots of photoshoots (much easier than film shoots) and the film shoots I've been doing have been documentary style where you just capture your surroundings (weddings and events mainly)- this is drama work now, which is a whole different story! A lot more responsibilities- more planning, less editing around sloppy camera work for a 'highlights' video and more EVERYTHING I shoot has to nail it or it'll screw up the scene! I feel out of practise as I haven't shot anything like this since we shot this film this time last year- 2 months of shooting this feature film- but I feel out of touch now that we're going back for some extra bits. Today I'll be in control of lighting the scene, setting the shot for two cameras at once and monitoring the other while I operate my own, all while in the middle of the friggin' night! It'll be fine as the crew are really awesome, but it's making me nervous anyway!

Nice spag bol brewing, am letting it slowly cook for a couple of hours so it's reaaaally juicy and tender, mmmm. Want to be nice and full later to keep me going all night!

x

Hope it goes well tonight Tetris. Looking forward to hearing more details about Stoker. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Danny Boyle film, Trance.

Hi Charleybarley!! It's so awesome to have you here :D yay! I love having film buddies!! :D

I haven't seen that film- I am really rubbish at sitting home and watching films so my film knowledge is mainly in cinema releases of the past 3 years since I got my Cineworld pass :rolleyes: had to blag my way through film school without having watched the Godfather trilogy (I've tried and tried but I just can't focus on it!) my film school friends all take the mick out of how few 'classics' I've seen, but my love of films is a really weird one... Obviously they don't captivate me enough at home- but I love to make them and I love to watch them on the big screen... Though you know all this as you've just trolled through this huge diary- Phwoar!

I'm not sure if I tried Dianette, I think I've tried one called Diane or something similar... Since I got scanned for PCOS in the summer my Dr hasn't really said what the next step is to dealing with it- but luckily since around October it seemed to stabilise- no more pains, no more skipped periods followed by huge gushing horrible ones- so this past month has been really confusing. Still no period yet but feel REALLY pre-menstral at the moment so am hoping it'll show up any minute now (probably while I'm on this night shoot just to P*ss me off!) though have felt PMS-y and expectant of it a couple of times :S G recons this tiny bit of blackish blood discharge I had around my period time might have just been it! But it was barely anything and only noticed it twice one day and then no more. Anyway (ew) :p not bothering to worry about it as he also reminded me that we weren't THAT careless and it all should be OK. IT BETTER BE- I WANNA BE SLIM AND GO TO DISNEY WORLD!! :p
I might have a look into Dianette though but part of me just thinks gosh- that whole year of experimenting contraceptive pills was SO painful in so many ways and took ages to stabilise after- not sure I can hack it again!

I nearly moved to be near a Cineworld- lol! I live 20 mins bus away from one (door to door luckily! But busses aren't cheap and neither is the parking there) but literally was thinking of renting a place in Wood Green- SLUM GHETTO of North London- to be in walking distance. It is literally stabbing central around there- lol! But yeah, we live just far enough away to be in a nicer area :p
Cineworld is seriously the best deal ever though. Find some nice snacks to bring with! The ones there are SO expensive anyway! Before SW we used to bring our own popcorn and smuggle it in :p now I just bring loads of fruit from the market and stuff and nosh on that. It's so hard not to crave nosh at the cinema, isn't it!? I just associate it with constant eating :p good way to get super free in...!

I still need to do a Stoker review- best film I've seen this year! But we're about to go have a nap and some chill down time before getting ready for this night shoot. I'm quite stressed about it as recently I've been doing lots of photoshoots (much easier than film shoots) and the film shoots I've been doing have been documentary style where you just capture your surroundings (weddings and events mainly)- this is drama work now, which is a whole different story! A lot more responsibilities- more planning, less editing around sloppy camera work for a 'highlights' video and more EVERYTHING I shoot has to nail it or it'll screw up the scene! I feel out of practise as I haven't shot anything like this since we shot this film this time last year- 2 months of shooting this feature film- but I feel out of touch now that we're going back for some extra bits. Today I'll be in control of lighting the scene, setting the shot for two cameras at once and monitoring the other while I operate my own, all while in the middle of the friggin' night! It'll be fine as the crew are really awesome, but it's making me nervous anyway!

Nice spag bol brewing, am letting it slowly cook for a couple of hours so it's reaaaally juicy and tender, mmmm. Want to be nice and full later to keep me going all night!

x

Don't talk to me about classics, Mick thinks I am some sort of scuzzbag because I got bored watching Schindler's List AND The Godfather - just because they are classics, it doesn't mean I have to enjoy them - which reminds me, I totally disagree about Pulp Fiction, I thought that was a brilliant movie and I liked both parts of Kill Bill too - however, I agree with Reservoir Dogs. I love my films like I love my books, I am a total bookworm and/or couch/cinema potato - but if either book or film does not grab my attention in the first 20 mins, it goes off. I was the same with Lincoln, I thought it was cr!p. AND Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I couldn't make head nor tail of it, that film was the first film that I actually nodded of to and I am usually captured with a film and I need to give it my full attention, otherwise I lose the plot (of the film, not of reality!) so I couldn't be doing what you do and do other things, I need to focus on the job at hand - I am no multitasker. Although one of us always has our IMDB app to hand for actor/actress recognition in whatever film / tv show we watch! Mick is a lover of all things film, if you asked him who won Oscar for Best Director in 19?? he would tell you in a flash. I just enjoy the "film ride".

I miss popcorn so much and fruit is no substitution for me, although the last couple of films we watched "Song for Marion" Amazing I cried the whole way through and "Welcome To The Punch" one of the best films I have seen this year, I managed to survive on a coffee and fruit salad. BOOOO no fun. I have taken Mikado's into the cinema before, they are good munching matierial at .5 syn per stick you could woof the whole packet and still be within your syns. BUT BUT BUT at christmas Mick got me a microwave popcorn maker and it is the ballbags! You just buy the unpopped corn from Holland & Barrett, shove it in the maker, shove that in the microwave for 3 mins or so and then I spray it with low cal spray (I use stuff from Costco) then I add a sprinkle of salt, its lovely stuff and I would certainly call it free.

I really want to see Stoker, so you recommend it do you? We were supposed to be going to see Side Effects (with Jude Law) tonight, but its so cold and we have so many films we have on our V+ box that we are going to stay in tonight now. Save some pennies.

Re: your PCOS - maybe you could give Dianette a go - I never saw any side effects with it, in fact I had such terrible side effects with the PCOS (hairy face and chest and incredibly spotty all over) that it was a god send to be put on it, everything settled within a few months and I have regular periods each month without fail (until last month!). I also had a scan of my ovaries recently and it showed that the Dianette had cleared the ovaries of cysts, it was brilliant news to hear. I don't know if that's what actually did it, or whether I just "grew" out of PCOS.

Good luck at the shoot tonight, I hope it all goes well.

x

Hey dude!!

ZOMG Disney World :D I would love to visit Disney. Maybe one day. I have plenty of time ;) You're so lucky!! And yeah, you'll be sooo much slimmer by then and will be feeling great. I'd been doing SW about 2 years before I went abroad for the first time in 7 :eek: And the difference was unbelievable! Didn't feel anywhere near as uncomfortable in my clothes and just being out and about. It makes such a difference! I'm so excited for you :D

Congrats on getting in to the next weight bracket too. That should be a major celebration!! And not far now from your next sticky too :D

Things look like they're really looking up for you and you're on your way to getting past the horrible rough patch. Have things been ok with you and the Mr?

Good luck with your shoot tonight. Really hope it goes well and doesn't run over too late.xx

I'm a big Gary Oldman fan but I found Tinker, Tailor, one of the slowest, most boring films I've ever watched.:sigh:

I'm a big Gary Oldman fan but I found Tinker, Tailor, one of the slowest, most boring films I've ever watched.:sigh:

I totally agree with you Sophie - snoozefest.

Don't talk to me about classics, Mick thinks I am some sort of scuzzbag because I got bored watching Schindler's List AND The Godfather - just because they are classics, it doesn't mean I have to enjoy them - which reminds me, I totally disagree about Pulp Fiction, I thought that was a brilliant movie and I liked both parts of Kill Bill too - however, I agree with Reservoir Dogs.

Re: your PCOS - maybe you could give Dianette a go - I never saw any side effects with it, in fact I had such terrible side effects with the PCOS (hairy face and chest and incredibly spotty all over) that it was a god send to be put on it, everything settled within a few months and I have regular periods each month without fail (until last month!). I also had a scan of my ovaries recently and it showed that the Dianette had cleared the ovaries of cysts, it was brilliant news to hear. I don't know if that's what actually did it, or whether I just "grew" out of PCOS.

Good luck at the shoot tonight, I hope it all goes well.

x

I even tried to BUY the DVDs for Godfather to force myself to watch them- the box set was on offer, around a fiver- after that HMV stop I went to the cinema and LEFT the bag there! It's a sign that I'm just not supposed to watch it :p I didn't see Lincoln but my film school friend said I'd hate it, and I think I would have :p apparently the acting was great but it was a snorefest?
I did like Pulp Fiction I just think it's MASSIVELY overrated. G goes on a rant about how much so whenever it's brought up :p Reservoir Dogs was dull compared to Pulp though.
I didn't see Tinker Tailor either but I def am always checking IMDB on my phone to see where I recognise that actor from :p
Stoker was great- catch it if you still can as I think it's leaving our Cineworld this week. I'll write up a lil' review for it in a bit! I'm looking forward to side effects (and Trance- Wii!)

Dianette sounds great! I have the unfortunately thick upper lip hairs that I wax every 3 weeks but it really embarrasses me. I also have very very fuzzy waist down area that makes me feel very unfeminine (and when you're this big it just takes HOURS to wax it all, doesn't it!?) I've heard it can settle with weight loss too so I was hoping that would help it, but Dianette sounds great. When I had the scan they didn't say they saw cysts, just that areas were inflamed/larger than normal so that was a good sign of it. I didn't go through with the blood test to confirm but my symptoms are undeniably PCOS and I couldn't deal with the needles. I'll def ask about Dianette then! Thanks :D Night shoot went OK! Got to bed at 5am so am sh*tting myself about waking up for tomorrow's shoot around 7am :'( that's a huge body clock shift to then have to work both creatively and very physically on for 10 hours. I am a ball of ache from yesterday though, it's hard to describe but camera work basically has me contorting my back/body to keep the camera still- I even very much limit my breathing to keep it still for handheld work (which is most of it!) and we were going for 7 minute takes with a minute or so in between, so my back is seriously pained today. Unfortunately I can't see a way around this while keeping the handheld work steady!

Hey dude!!

ZOMG Disney World :D I would love to visit Disney. Maybe one day. I have plenty of time ;) You're so lucky!! And yeah, you'll be sooo much slimmer by then and will be feeling great. I'd been doing SW about 2 years before I went abroad for the first time in 7 :eek: And the difference was unbelievable! Didn't feel anywhere near as uncomfortable in my clothes and just being out and about. It makes such a difference! I'm so excited for you :D

Congrats on getting in to the next weight bracket too. That should be a major celebration!! And not far now from your next sticky too :D

Things look like they're really looking up for you and you're on your way to getting past the horrible rough patch. Have things been ok with you and the Mr?

Good luck with your shoot tonight. Really hope it goes well and doesn't run over too late.xx

Yay :D I'm seriously more excited about Disney than anything in YEARS. I am psyched that I'll be going with my little sisters too because G loves Disney but it'll be great to be with my sisters who are more my level of excitement probably :p though they are spoiled little brats so possibly will be like "woteva" :p lol

Things with G have been OK this week, I was pretty moody at him yesterday again but I blamed it on what is hopefully PMS. I think I was having a particularly borderline week last week.

Night shoot didn't run over! I managed to set up two cameras and shoot two shots at once and so we wrapped on time! It also looked great even though I didn't crack out my proper 800w lights, I just used these regular light bulbs that have clips attached to them- 60w bulbs- and clipped them to the low hanging lights over the bar we were shooting at to boost them and make it very directional. There were cool semi-silhouettes at parts which is what we were after and the lights took minutes to set up, the director was thrilled *feels competent for once* lol! We really didn't have time to be setting up those other huge lights that need lots of gels layered over them for the correct light temperatures and shiz, so I felt like my £5 ebay lightbulb clips (they're for warming animal cages for turtles and stuff- lol!) were a godsend and awesome problem solving which makes me feel back in the lighting game after a year's break! However, when I was filming I really felt like a fat lump. I was in that hunched, very unflattering position with my stomach stuck out for balance (lol) and felt like a friggin' ogre.

Tomorrow I have to trek across London and leave at 8am which will nearly kill me (woke up at 1pm after last night's shoot) so I'll be a grumpy b*tch aaaall day I'm sure.

Food yesterday: EE
_______

B: Yog, banana

L: 4pm- Spag bol (with extra superfree in the bol- grated a carrot in and chopped 3 onions into it!) and side salad (0.5 syns for light salad cream)
D: 8pm- had some more spag bol to keep me going while filming.
S: 1am- HexB + HexA wholemeal roll (+1) with cheese, 2 muller lights and a banana, 4am: half a pack of cadbury buttons on the drive home (8 syns)
Drinks: Coke zero, Green Tea x2 with Splenda

Syns: 8.5
Saved: 6.5

_______

Feels good to be drinking green tea and G is co-operating too! We're both having 2 cups a day, he actually likes it (with a dash of honey and some Splenda!) shame the reading thing STILL hasn't happened. He's always too tired by the time we get around to it :(

_______

Cinema crit: Stoker 9/10!

This film was just fab! It was dark and quirky, interesting and sort of mystical but also creepy and haunting. I always love psychological thrillers but this one was done expertly!
It was visually beautiful, really well acted by Mia Waziwasdjoiehfjwoej thingy from Tim B's Alice in Wonderland who is just mesmerising to watch and ever so pretty.

The story starts following a young girl who is very distant to her mother but was close to her father who has just died; his brother (her uncle) comes to visit and it's the first her family has seen of him- the film revolves around her relationship with her strange uncle who she is very suspicious of the intentions of. Mia's character is hypersensitive to sound and can hear things that most can't- like whispers from all the way across a room. This element isn't hugely played upon, it definitely doesn't become a sci-fi, but it adds an interesting twist to her character. It's the sort of film that carries twists throughout but without trying to hard to make you gasp or to lead you to guess them; it's pace is perfect and the character's ease in the strange situations kind of relaxes you to the story as you watch it rather than trying too hard to work it out, if you know what I mean? A lot of films annoy me when they build up to a huge twist that you are just sort of waiting for and then are let down or it's so bizarre that it's just like "Wtf?"- this one felt more organic. It was really interesting throughout and everything was so beautiful- the sound design (the ultra sensitive hearing made for some great sound mixing- I bet this'll win the oscar for sound mixing next year!), the shots, the story... It is quiet a quiet film, not huge on dialogue, introverted girl perceiving a lot of things with no narrative dialogue- basically the sort of film where if I watched it while on my laptop at home I'd completely miss the whole film! So I'm really glad I caught it at the cinema and def think it's worth a watch- the sound design is really great and would be missed on regular TV speakers for the most part!
Anyway, I came out of the cinema inspired and wanting to write! Fave film this year- go see it while you still can :D I wish I could see it again but I think it's already finished at our cineworld :(

______
x

Back