Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey Soph, just checking in to say hi. You are doing so so well!
Florida is awesome, you will love it-I would'nt even consider the plan on holiday, might be just me and my weak wills but you should just enjoy it because you will walk and swim loads out there.
I wanted to go and see side effects tonight but hubby has decided orange weds+school holidays will be too much like hell!

We avoid Orange Wednesdays like the plague! Means insane queues/full screenings! Do you take advantage of Orange Wednesdays or just happened to want to go tonight?

I think I'll try as hard as possible to stick to plan- I'm not going on holiday to eat, the rides and parks and all the fun stuff won't be changed by wether I eat a supersized burger or go for a salad/pasta dish! I'm not going to count syns because I'll be tearing my hair out with no idea what to syn meals, but I'm going to avoid the dodgy stuff at the breakfast buffet and hopefully stock up the mini fridge with FF yogs and bits I can take and eat out instead of pretzels and corn dogs and all that american junk my family will be gorging on :D I'm sure I'll have plenty of naughty stuff but I won't be having fun if I'm feeling too guilty :p
Anyway, it's months away so I might feel totally different by then, but I can imagine 2 weeks off plan in AMERICA while eating OUT every meal I could easily put on a stone or so :| on holiday my dad literally only eats out- not just sandwiches or whatever, proper greasy meals each meal time :/ scary thought! But by then I'll be 'out' about SW :p and G is REALLY good at making me feel guilty when I consider naughty stuff- ha!

If it makes u feel better I'm having a munchy day too and I just weighed and it looks like I've gained weight this week, I've not even really been that bad. Had an awful few weeks in terms of weightloss :-( x

Aw hun :( *hugs* if you haven't been that bad then maybe it's just an off WI that'll balance out! I hope you see a crazy good number next week to make up for a few bad weeks.

Green today again:
_________

B: Nat FF Yog + plum + banana + grapes

L: Pasta + onions cooked in 1/2 tablespoon EV Olive Oil (1/2 HexB1), teaspoon of honey (1) with hexA1 cheese and a side salad (rocket, spinach, cucumber, tomato) with some balsamic glaze (1)

D: I proudly resisted my massive urge for pasta tonight (gawd, 4 pasta meals in two days would have been pushing it) and chop/blended some veg into a sort of salsa (sugar snap peas, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, carrot) which I cooked up with half a tin of mixed beans in spicy tomato sauce and some passata. I mixed this into a 165g (smaller pouch) uncle bens express rice (1.5~ syns? 2.5 for 250g bag) with HexA2 cheese

Snacks: HexB Chewy Delight, Milky Way small bar (5), banana, plum, muller light, 2x activia light

Drinks: Litre of NAS Squash, 2x Lilt zero, Green tea

Syns: 8.5
Saved Syns: 18.5

_________

I've managed to cut down all the clips for my cinematography showreel- at the raw state there is over 20 mins of clips :S the reel will have to be around 3 or 3.5 minutes long and I already have about 2 mins worth in the old one I want to keep! This is gonna take aaaages! Like narrowing down a 20 paged essay into 1 page.

Am going to go get camera gear ready for tomorrow now so I can have an early night :/ x

Period is still slightly present so dont have high hopes for mid week WI. Jeeze, it's been a week- go away already * week!

Hehe I used to eat Milky Ways like that! Mars Bars are good for that too :D

Hope your early morning isn't too horrible. I hate getting up early!! My 'natural' awake time is from about midday to around 2/3am if I let myself. So I do feel your pain!

Your star week is really hanging on in there isn't it? I had very heavy week long periods or never ending light ones when I stopped the injection or tried the pills. Nightmare!! Hope that ******* off for you soon.

Hungry days are a pain in the arse too. But at least you're having the munchies the SW way and have nothing to feel guilty about :D Fingers crossed for a loss for you this week, I think you do deserve it, even if you don't ;)

Sounds like your project is really up and running now. I'm going to make a proper effort to finish my stupid assignment before I go back to work on Monday. And start reading the next section. Lame! Have I said how much I hate this course? ;)

Anyway dude. Good luck with your hideous early start and hope you have a good day.xx

+1 this morn- wtf! Damn period weight still hasnt settled down. Killed me getting up this morning :/

Sending you a virtual hug on both accounts, Tetris. :bighug:

Thanks Wii and Cheeky :)
I'm expecting a -10 on monday to make up for it :p ha!

Lol fingers crossed for Monday then.:D

Period still slightly present *sigh!*

Filming was nasty today, I slept horribly despite attempting an early night, and I didnt really recover from getting up 5 hours earlier than norm.
We were shooting in a car today and there was an f'ing blizzard! At one point I literally thought I might die- the actor driving was an inexperienced driver in a car he wasnt used to while trying to remember lines/act and deal with dual carriage ways and a snow storm! We nearly crashed on a big roundabout which was scary. There were 3 crew members squished in the back of a 4 seater so the middle person didnt have a seatbelt. Anyway, lived! Hurrah! Kudos to the actor for managing all that.

Went to see Oz: the Great and Powerful 3/10

Literally started playing sudoku half way through. It was over 2 hours and it felt like the story had been written to cram as many VFX/beautiful CGI as possible. All style and no substance. I didnt like James Franco in it- in fact, I didnt really like any of the characters which made it hard to empathise/feel their happiness at the end etc. The characters were just a bit bland and with heavily emphasised flaws that made them less endearing.
There were some nice bits where things tied together nicely but mainly the main character, Oz, was annoying as hell- a sleazy, egotistical, wimpy womanizer! I am usually a fan of Franco's charm but it wasnt present in this!

I had low expectations but... It really felt sloppily written, no structure... Boring!
I'm watching a live/docu dvd for a band I used to LOVE as a teenager (The Used) and it's bringing back such great memories :D I loved their gigs and used to hang out with them after like a right groupie :p haha

Green again:

B: banana followed by Potato pancake (onion, potato, carrot) in 1/2 tbsp olive oil (1/2 HexB1) - so glad I had this as we didnt eat lunch on set until 3!! + ketchup (1)

L: pasta with tomato and herb pasata (gross. Hate when they cop out on food on set! No cheese and watety sauce :/ ew)

D: had a wholemeal roll (hexb1 +1) with half hexA light cheese and pickle (1) on bus home (literally made it at bus stop with stuff I had just bought at sainsburys- was starving!) got home and mad a big salad with rocket, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, a bit of honey and a bit of balsamic glaze (2) as I felt bad about the lack of superfree at lunch and all the carbs. Felt good to have a salad :p

Snacks: alpen light lemon drizzle (1/2 hexa1), FOUR activia 0% yogurts :| was so hungry on set! And two were on the way back from sainsburys/cinema while starving. Banana, plum.

Drinks: 1/2 HexA1 oatly choc milk 100ml, diet cherry coke (ew), litre of NAS squash, green tea x2
About to have another glass of oatly for hexa2 ;)

Syns total: 5
Saved: 28.5

(a friend is in town who I always end up eating loads of junk with while watching films so saving sone syns for that! Resisted the cookies that were out on set today despite hunger!)

I sometimes do orange weds but it was more of a plan for mid week evening tbh! May go tomorrow afternoon to the pics by myself as hubby doesn't really want to see the film anyway!

I get what you mean about holidays, I tend to go a bit nuts with food the first few days then the novelty soon wears off after that! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time anyway.

I sometimes do orange weds but it was more of a plan for mid week evening tbh! May go tomorrow afternoon to the pics by myself as hubby doesn't really want to see the film anyway!

I get what you mean about holidays, I tend to go a bit nuts with food the first few days then the novelty soon wears off after that! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time anyway.

I love going to the pics alone- gives me time to reflect. It was pretty empty at Oz last night so maybe the school holidays doesn't make too big a difference on weeknights- though weekends might be a different story!

My friend just bailed on me! FFS. Last weekend the party was cancelled and this weekend the friend I was going to go clubbing with has told me she feels rough and doesn't want to go :( I'm so darn bored and just need a night out!

An old best friend from school who I grew apart from started messaging me on facebook today- feels really weird to talk to her again. We were part of a group of friends, two of which (bf and gf) deleted me from facebook (they obvs discussed it and all) even though they kept other people they didn't give a **** about- so clearly they hate me for some reason :S I don't know why. Anyway, she's still part of that group, and even though I purposefully distanced myself from them all it has always felt weird to see on facebook that they still hang out and are 'besties' without me. So it's strange to be talking to Kay now, after about 4 or 5 years since we stopped being regularly in contact because she moved to uni and stopped returning my messages. We never fell out, I just got tired of chasing her with messages and getting no reply- guess I feel a bit hung up on that still. She was a pretty crap friend then.

Weird to reconnect with your past, don't you think?

I've never been to the cinema alone!

:( I feel your pain, sometimes you just need a night out and it's so disappointing when your mates cancel.
Reconnecting with people you've lost touch with is definitely strange, I think sometimes it can be a good thing and other times it reminds you why you lost touch in 1st place. X

I've never been to the cinema alone!

:( I feel your pain, sometimes you just need a night out and it's so disappointing when your mates cancel.
Reconnecting with people you've lost touch with is definitely strange, I think sometimes it can be a good thing and other times it reminds you why you lost touch in 1st place. X

Was just talking about lone cinema trips with Cheekychinchilla- they're a scary thought but actually it's quite nice and relaxing! Before my bf moved in I used to gona lot alone as I had an unlimited card and the cineworld wasnt somewhere ny friends wanted to trek to. Usually would notice a fair few people in there alone also!

Hi, thought I may as well read/post on your diary for once :)

I quite liked Oz. I liked Zach Braff in it, didn't realise he did the voice for Finley until after though. I agree it wasn't James Franco's best film though. He was great in 127 hours and Pineapple express.

I don't mind going to the cinema alone. I've only been alone a couple of times. Once when I had a bad break up and just needed to get out of the house, saw District 9 which is one of my favourite films. I'd probably go alone more often but the nearest Cineworld is about an hour away. I go there every so often with a friend. I used to have a unlimited card when I had more time to go, but I stopped using it as much when a friend moved away. Plus you couldn't book tickets with them before so was awkward sometimes. The cinemas we have in Scarborough are in old theatres, have really uncomfortable seats, still have people selling ice creams at the front and in long films they have intermissions halfway through! We really need a decent cinema here. We don't always get the new films or have to wait weeks to be able to see them.

You've still got snow down there? We've had a really nice week, blue skies and it was actually warm for once. Winter finally seems to be going away.

Good luck for your next weigh in :)

RED day today! I always feel chuffed when I manage a red day (aka a no-pasta-day!)
________

B: Banana, 2 kiwis, nat FF yog, splenda

L: a homemade burger with onions, ketchup (1) HexB roll (+1 for size) 1/2 HexA1 light cheese slice and side salad with balsamic and honey (1)

Also will give a couple of syns and the rest of my HexA's for the tiny portion of Lasagne I had- I made G his own lasagne as he missed them and I made a slither for myself that had less cheese and roux sauce. It had about half a sheet of lasagne which is not allowed on a Red day (yikes) so will call that 1 syn as it wasn't much; plus some of the butter/flour in the roux (probably a tablespoon of roux which is about 90% milk- HexA1 2nd half) so will give that an extra 2 syns and the HexA2 for the cheese on top. (Bit of a dodgy one, that, but think 3 Syns covers it as it was a 1/4 sized portion and there wasn't much pasta- and the bolognese was free ;))

D: Another burger, which wasn't so nice as I over-microwaved it :/ with HexB2 roll (cut some off so it was smaller and the right Hex amount), ketchup (1) rocket and cucumber salad on the side.

Snacks: 1 tablespoon of Marshmallow Fluff (= 20cal/1 syn), 1 Activia 0% (JUST ONE), highlights white hot chocolate (2) with mini marshmallows (1) and light whipped cream (.5)

Drinks: 2x Green tea, 1L NAS squash, 1 lilt zero

Am totally about to have another tbsp of marshmallow fluff so that's another 1 syn :p

Syns total: 11.5

Syns saved: 33
________

Just found out tomorrow is 'National pillow fight day' where everyone meets up and has a huge pillow fight! They have loads all over the world on the same day- tomorrow there's one at Hyde Park at 2pm and one at Trafalgar Square at 3pm, planning to take our cameras to both :D should make for fab photo op!

Also- the cat got stuck on the roof today and G had to climb off the balcony to try and get him! He managed to get there from ground level onto a 3rd story roof :S MENTAL cat.

Back