Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Thanks Summer :D
I'm mainly being a wimp but part of my fear is because it's so expensive :/ like £80 a month or something, but I know if I had to get a bus to the gym the price would add up there too and I wouldn't go as much because I'm too lazy to get there! But I'm concerned it'll be a waste of money even though it's just a month membership, if I don't like it!

£80pm?! Thats well expensive. I only pay £12.96pm.

Well done on the loss =D

I like the australian biggest loser. Id rather have those trainers than bob and jillian lol

£12.98 a month!? Where are these gyms!? Seriously... The 6 gyms in a 3 mile radius of my house are all £40+ :/ the one across from me is a Virgin Active and so expensive!

Green day today:
_______

Brunch @2pm: Woke up late and was famished! Big potato pancake (large carrot, potato, 2 eggs, 2 onions) with some pasta on top with hexB olive oil and hexA cheese (and 2 syns of ketchup)
Dinner @10pm: Uncle Bens Mexican bean rice (2.5syns) with a chicken frankfurter (3.5), cucumber, tomato and a yellow pepper. HexA2 cheese. Yum!
Snacks: banana, muller light, 2 very ripe mangoes.
Drinks: 2L NAS squash, 1.5 Lilt Zero's (spilt half, grr) 2 green teas.

Syns: 8
Saved: 7

_______

I am looking forward to Thurs WI as my bowel movements have been incredibly regular and I feel like I am popping out all of that STS weight- LOL.

G did a shop tonight on his own- our weekly big Tesco shop- it took him 2 hours!! I had another day of lazy pokemon and TV. I feel like I may never fully recover :| I did start writing something tonight but not sure it's quite what I want to be writing.

x

Another lovely pic Tetris. Hope you get your energy back pronto.

Thanks Wii (written sleepily from bed which I still dont want to get out of even after another night of 10hrs sleep!) x

Dude, you're bloody gorgeous ;)

Super well done on the loss. So pleased for you! Also hope it carries on for Monday WI :D

£80pm for the gym is insane. London prices eh? I dunno what my sister pays for hers, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near that as she's pretty careful with money. Are there any trial offers on at the moment anywhere? Sorry if you've said this at some point.

You'll recover and feel good again soon. Think you did the right thing turning down the job. Wont be long before the next one anyway :)

Eeek! You let a boy do the weekly shop?! *gasp* lol. I stopped at Sainsbury's on my way home from work and Chewy Delight's are still on offer. Made me think of you ;)

Hope you're doing ok and get the sleep you need.xx

Thanks dude :D

Yep- let him do the weekly shop and he did pretty well!! Came back with all sorts of excuses about things he couldnt find, but A+ for effort :p

Yeah, spoke about the gym scenario before- if I cant cycle to it then the busses are going to bump up the cost so much that I might as well go to the expensive one opposite :/ the ones I can cycle to either have crap classes or no pool- I need to classes and pool! But the one across the road doesnt have great classes but at least my lazy side wont cop out at the idea of getting there being a chore :p they do a trial day pass so might try that out!

Green:
_______

B: fruit, yoghurt, honey tsp (1)
L: Tried to make pizzas out of smadh and lasagne sheet base :p was... Interesting! Nice but didnt taste like pizza at all! Packed it full of superfree with 2 onions, 1/4 courgette and a red pepper. Also had 2xHexA cheese (80g light cheddar) and tomato pureé
D: salad (rocket and spinaxh) with some plain leftover spaghetti from yest, a tomato, some cucumber and used balsamic glaze (2) and honey (2) to dress. Felt good to have salad! There wasnt much psdta, I swear :p
Snacks: 2 mullers and an activia light, banana
Drinks: Green tea, 2L nas squash, 3 lilt zeros!

Am going to have a chewy D hexB now (thanks for reminding me Cheeky!)

Syns total: 5
Saved: 17

Had a sushi picnic with G today ^^

sushipicnic.jpg

Although, really annoyingly, the sun went in just as we lay our blanket down and didn't reappear! Grrr. I wore a summery dress and all! Actually, I'm pretty sure that dress was very tight around my ribs last time I wore it, and it fitted well today- first time I've properly noticed something like that! I remember wearing it to my Grandmother's 70th when I lived in East London (back in May 2010) and it was a pretty tight squeeze- so that's cool!

EE today:
_________

B: Fruit (mango, strawberries, banana) chopped into yoghurt with a tiny drizzle of honey (1) and some splenda.
L: (see pic) Sushi ^^ I had California rolls and a Salmon Nigiri, I also ate a load of seafood sticks before hand! Then we had a pack of pineapple and 2x HexB rivita with FLUFF (2 syns worth?) and fruit on top- finally got some more fluff! Not sure how many syns for the sushi- I had half of that lot- the Californian rolls (avocado and crabstick) which had some mayo or something in them and of course, synful avacado! And then I had one of the nigiri (salmon topped ones) - I recon 5 syns maybe? Mayo would be like half a tsp for the lot probably... Thoughts?
D: Spag bol with very little spaghetti as wasnt that hungry. The bolognase was fab though- I cooked it slowly for an hour so it was really moist and tender and packed with superfree (made a huge batch which includes 4 onions, 3 peppers and half a courgette!).
Later filled choc cravings with mikados (3) and fluff (3)

Drinks: 2L squash, 2 green teas

Syns:14
Saved: 18
_________

We stocked up on Fluff from Sainsbury's since Tesco and Morrisons don't seem to do it. If anyone hasn't tried it yet I really recommend it on the fruit crunch rivita or just spoon it from the jar if you want something nice as it's low syn (1 syn per tablespoon) and so satisfying! I bet it would make a great banana split too instead of the ice-cream.
We went to a big Sainsbury's especially to get it (and literally only planned on getting Fluff) and ended up spending £50! Gerard had a £15 off voucher if he spent £100 at Tesco this week which he used- but when he got to the till it was £97 so he had to grab something else quickly- and that was after a 1.5hr shop! He was like "how comes it took me 2 hours to spend £100 on groceries and it took you less than 10 minutes to spend £50!? :S" lol! It's because CHEWY D'S WERE MASSIVELY ON OFFER :D YAYYY! £1 a box- half price! So I literally bought 10 boxes as the expiry date is December so... It's not like they're not going to go :p hehe. Also- Oatly choc milk was on offer for £1 and I FINALLY found my fave pasta- tri colour trotolle- I love it! It's the best texture and I love the colours. Found it in Tesco once and then never again and never seem to find it anywhere so bought like ten of those too :rolleyes: that should last me the week, hehe.
We also bought 3 extra lean mince beefs in the 3 for £10 offer. I'm going to make a big batch of Bolognese tonight and have spag bol for the first time in a while (haven't really had EE days in a while as HexB's are sorely missed! So will enjoy a spag bol tonight!) then am going to have a red day tomorrow and friday as I have loooads of meat in the fridge. I also feel a bit guilty as I've been very relaxed since I got back and have eaten lots of potato and pasta with cheese on green days- it feels so easy that way! But I sort of feel like if I work harder to avoid pasta I'll probably lose more...

WI tomorrow and kinda excited again for the first time in a while! * week has been over for like two days now and was barely there in the first place- it was a joy! I didn't even have to wear a pad. Making up for the last horrific one, no doubt! But I feel like it shouldn't effect my loss tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to a nice number to bump up the -3lbs so far this week to an even bigger number :D (and if I don't get a loss imma blame it on the copious amounts of starchy foods this week and use it to motivate some red days!)
Have been really low syn this week just by chance, too, so recon it should pay off :fingerscrossed:

On an unrelated note, am feeling quite astray from G this week. We had a lovely closeness over the weekend after my week away, but I keep snapping at him and feeling bitter this week, and he keeps being quiet and moody also. grr.

Last edited:
Hey mate! Your picnic looks very nice :D Sushi is mega low syn so I think 5 should more than cover what you had. It's the bloody avocado isn't it?! lol And congrats on the dress. It's amazing when you put something on that you know used to be a bit of a squeeze and it fits fine. I think I first noticed this with my jeans when it got to the point where even a belt wouldn't keep them up. That was a bit of a shock!!

Got everything crossed for your WI tomorrow :)

Sorry to hear things are a little strained with you and G at the moment. Maybe you're both just having a couple of bad days? I wouldn't worry too much :) Do you have anything nice planned to do together? Or any time apart even? x

It'll blow over, it'a nothing unusal really but I guess we were in a good place after missing each other while I was away- which has faded now :p we were thinking of doing a trip to Legoland tomorrow (inspired by EmmaB's recent trip!) but am still knackered and just that picnic took it out of me today! Weird to be so thrown for so long after the Abu Dhabi trip :S nearly a week! Also the weather isnt going to be as great as we though, so maybe next week. Found out I wont be doing the Dubai trip.next week as another camera operator will already be out there from another shoot- phew! So relieved!

*week made another random appearance this eve :S just a tiny bit on the tissue but guess it wasnt as totally over as I thought so dont know how WI will be affected now. Had sudden chocolate cravings tonight!! Had about 5 daim mikado's and had one earlier too so will add those 3 syns, plus ate a load of fluff :p think about 3 syns worth! Had a small but syn free spag bol dinner which was really yummy but wasnt that hungry so am glad I didnt eat loads night before WI.

Ahh boo. No loss gor mid week WI. Oh well, still happy about the -3 on Mon and will hopefully get in some Red days before the next Mon WI.

It's so sunny today and I'm loving having the windows and balcony door open either side in bedroom- light and air pouring in. It inspires me!

Red today! I always feel awesome when I have a Red day (aka no-pasta day)
_____

B: 3 small bananas
L: Few spoonfuls of bolognese (free) and a salad of spinach and rocket with cucumber and tomato (balsamic and honey dressing with 1/3 hexB olive oil and some balsamic glaze on top too = 3 syns)
D: Marinaded some boneless chicken thighs for a few hours and then grilled them with a bbq sauce (recipe here but made some SW alterations: BBQ Chicken Thighs - Grilled Chicken Recipe was really yummy! Ketchup based BBQ sauce, used about 5 tbsp ketchup and had half of it = 2.5 syns) grilled a load of veg (carrots, green peppers) and also had a side of salad with some of the left over dressing (synned it earlier)
So yummy- I've only recently started marinading meat and it is so awesome :D makes it sooo tender!

Snacks: Muller light x2 (one I poured blueberries into for some speeeeed food), activia (lots of yoghurts, yeah, but basically had f*ck all for breakfast and lunch so needed snacks!), about 10 crab sticks (seafood sticks), rivita fruit crunch with fluff (2) and banana.
Drinks: Diet cherry coke (yuck- avoid!), 1.5L squash, 1.5 pints of water (go me! Actually drank some water for a change...!), Oatly choc milk (200ml) for HexA.

Syns: 7.5
Saved: 25.5

_____

Might go clubbing tomorrow night to my fave rock club which is monthly, but will probably get lazy and not go last minute again as usual lol. If I do go, nice that I have some syns saved for some voddies.

Cat went missing for a bit tonight which scared the crap out of us! Not really missing... He was gone for a few hours which is really unusual for him- usually he pops out for 20 mins and hangs around us, then we lock him in as it gets dark because our other cat got killed on a road at night and we figured it's safer to have him only out in daylight where he is more visible. He never really goes out on the roads, but today we had the balcony open which means he goes on the roof- a couple of times when he was little I found him in the front garden (which is on a busy main road!) because I think he must have fallen off the roof :S anyway- once in the front it's hard to get back to the back gardeny areas. We don't ever let him out of the front! But tonight when he was missing in the dark for a while we started to panic that maybe he'd fallen off the roof and was by the main busy road. It's so out of character for him to be gone long and the only time he ever had (a couple of weeks ago), we found him stuck on the neighbour's roof as they recently had some tiling done and it's too slippery for him to climb now! G was on the roof like spiderman trying to save him. So we were freaked he might have been stuck again! G went for a walk to see if he had ended up out the front and we spent ages calling him and eventually he returned through his normal flap- not the roof. So relieved! For about half an hour I felt sick to my stomach thinking that we'd have to deal with losing another pet- just 6 months ago Zombie got hit by a car and it was the most traumatic experience either of us had ever been through as we loved that cat so much. I really hate letting Lil' Juan out knowing it might happen to him, but he is generally less adventurous- Zombie would go hunting for a week at a time without seeing us, Lil' Juan just pops out for a frolic and to catch a frog or something. He gets so hysterical when he's shut in for too long and he really loves it on the balcony in the sun and for a little roof adventure- he gets SO excited when we open the balcony and spends all day scratching at the door lol. But I kinda wish we could just shut him in as our neighbour's cat also died on the same side road Zombie did :( it's not even a busy road compared to the main road.
Really want to get another kitty soon though, 'Juan desperately needs a buddy and then wouldn't be so sad about being locked in at night either. He is such a sociable cat and seems so depressed on his own :(

Cat schpiel over! :p

Went to Ikea today and spend hours wandering around to only spend £15 on a bunch of tiny things like candles and such :D hehe. Had their famous meatballs for lunch and half a whippy ice cream after too- oooh naughty. But not going out tonight (shock horror) so won't be needing my saved syns for booze.

EE today
_____

B: Fruit (mango, banana) and yoghurt
L: Ikea meatballs with gravy and mash (which was quite buttery!) - I've read that 100g of swedish meatballs is 7 syns, I think it was probably more than 100g though so will call it 10 syns and the gravy I'll call another 5 syns at there wasn't much. Maybe 3 syns for the butter in the mash (plus HexA for what milk was probably used) and later for desert we shared a whippy ice cream (well- Gerard had TWO deserts from the Ikea cafe AND half of the ice cream as it was all so cheap- lol!) Mr Whippy is 8 syns for the ice cream and cone, had half of the ice cream (without the cone) so will call that 3 syns.
D: Chicken (same BBQ marinade as yesterday = 3 syns) with veg (red peppers, onion), salad (rocket, spinach, pineapple) and rice (with pilau seasoning I bought from the spices aisle- was so nice! But used too much...!)
Snacks: activia, Alpen Light bar, I'm also going to have to give a couple of naughty syns to the ever so tiny nibbles I tried of Gerard's two deserts and the nibble of his malteser bunny! (2)

_____

So that's a whopping 26 syns today- woah! :p :| imma be good the rest of the weekend I swear ;)
I still have 15 syns saved but I'll probably aim not to use them.

x

Ikea rocks!!! My Mum adores the meatballs and was made up they were back in the shop. Meatballs, mash, and 'gravy' were bought lol. I got a few foody bits too and we bought stuff for our Swedish picnic. I love Swedish food!!

Before I had a car I couldn't tell you when I last went. Was years and years! Have been 3 times since I got my car in January? ;) Will be some more visits throughout the year while I pick my new bedroom stuff. And work out how much money I need!

What made you change your mind about the night out? Can't believe the rock club is once a month!! We have a 3 floor one in Liverpool that is open Thurs-Sun every week!! I love it there. It's so scummy, but everyone's friendly, and the music doesn't make my ears bleed or my brain melt :whistle:

Do you have any nice weekend plans?x

Bugger all to do this weekend :p same as ever. Where did all my friends go :S? Lol. There are load of rock clubs here but that one is my fave and only once a month but it's always a huge party with several floors and thousands of people go- has a great atmosphere! I think the fact it is only monthly makes it fresher- loads of people go as it feels like a one off each time and not to be missed!

I bought some meatball gravy sachets from Ikea :D cant even remember what we bought... Lots of random bits.

Hi MrsWilsoncroft :D Glad to have you here :) love the quotes in your sig!!

Hi MrsWilsoncroft :D Glad to have you here :) love the quotes in your sig!!

Thanks Hun :)
Feel free to follow my diary although I'm rejoining on tues so it will be up to date then xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back