Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

That club sounds brilliant! I must admit I only go out to the club maybe twice a year now. Don't often go out drinking (I don't drink much anyway) and only like that one club, so feels new but comfortable lol.

I'm really excited about buying a nice, colourful chest of drawers and side table from Ikea. How sad is that?! ;) x

I know what you mean- I only go clubbing a couple of times a year too! There is a weekly club I love called Sin City too, but it's not half as fun as the monthly Voodoo- it goes all out and people make a huge effort and it's always epic because people know not to miss it, where the weekly one people are like "meh, let's go next week" or whatever :p

Had a craaaap day foodwise. I didn't binge or anything, but I just had huge cravings all day for chocolate and carbs- but still decided to go ahead and have a red day :mad: stoopid! Yesterday was EE and full of syns though so I wanted to try have a red low syn day. *grumble* def having a carb heavy Green day tomorrow!!

RED:
_____

B: Fruit, yoghurt, honey (1)
L: Steaks (marinaded) with onions (caramelised) and a salad (rocket, spinach, cucumber) with tiny amount of balsamic glaze (1), half HexB 1 for olive oil in marinade.
D: Cheese and pickle sarnie on wholemeal roll (HexA1 and HexB1 + 3 for size and as I'd already had half of the HexB)
Snacks: ChewyD (HexB 2), chocolate (about 4 cubes of this new cadbury with jellies chocolate... think that's like 6 syns, doh!) plus had a couple of tiny tiny chocolates that I nicked from an Arabic wedding I filmed at, they were tiny- skittle sized- and individually wrapped, maybe 1 syn for them *shifty eyes* and then another syn for the bite of nougat I had.
Drinks: 2 green teas, oatly choc milk (hexA2) and about 3L NAS squash- drank about 3/4 of a freshly opened litre of squash concentrate throughout the day :S probably 75 cal worth. But fluids are good! Lots of water in that :p

Syns total: 12 (Damnit! Wanted to be low syn today!)
Saved: 28

____

Weird but I feel bad about the ikea food even though I had saved syns. I'm just desperate to get a good number Monday after the past month. I want to be slim nowwww...!

Def having a super indulgent carby green day tomorrow :p

My friends from around London used to go to Sin City and Voodoo. I wish I lived down there. The only rock club here is on a Thursday night which is useless for me. The one I went to when I was at college is over an hours drive away :( I hate the other clubs around here so it's rare that I will go out. Unless to the pub but I don't drink anyway.

I seriously don't think I could survive doing red and green days just yet. I'm saving that for when my weight loss really slows down.

My friends from around London used to go to Sin City and Voodoo. I wish I lived down there. The only rock club here is on a Thursday night which is useless for me. The one I went to when I was at college is over an hours drive away :( I hate the other clubs around here so it's rare that I will go out. Unless to the pub but I don't drink anyway.

I seriously don't think I could survive doing red and green days just yet. I'm saving that for when my weight loss really slows down.

Sucks that it's on a Thursday. There's a really popular club here that runs every Wednesday- it's weird that it gets so many regulars staying out until 4am in the middle of the week.

As I mentioned on your thread (for anyone else who might read this who's scared of Red/Green) Green days are FAB. More HEX's (which you can use on meat if you want- but basically cheeeeese and olive oil and Chewy Delight's, baby!) and loads of pasta, potatoes, rice... Comfort food at it's best. CheekyChinchilla and I both find Green days easier than EE :D they feel naughty and not like a diet at all.

___

I started a new novel last night which is exciting for me; I find writing stories/novels/drama whatever REALLY therapeutic. I get lost in the character's dramas which helps me relax about my own, I feel like I'm part of their story which helps when I'm depressed or feeling lack of adventure and I find the story kind of writes itself at parts- I get so attached to the characters and they just do their own thing. It's like having a pretend best friend who you kind of are part of? Lol... It sounds weird, but I just love writing, and the white page fear and lack of ideas has finally been broken, so I'm excited to boot G out of the house to the cinema (and grocery market as we are pretty low on fruit) to enjoy some alone time writing. Might have to turn internet off though as facebook always gets in the way!

x

Thanks EmmaB!

Wow, today has been SO much easier than yesterday- I am def having a few more Green days before I put myself through another red, lol. I haven't had cravings and have enjoyed meals but not snacked- feels fab.

Green:
________

B: Banana followed by potato pancake (large carrot, medium potato, onion, olive oil, 2 eggs) with two scrambled eggs on top of that (so 4 eggs in total!) an ketchup (2)
L: N/A - Was so satisfied by potato pancake (OK, well it was praaaactically lunch time when I got up :p lol)
D: Speed soup (defrosted from months ago but was really nice!) followed by cheesy pasta with 2 HexA's of reduced fat cheddar ^^ and a herta chicken frankfurter (3.5 syns on Green). Also had some moooose pasta thrown in! Yay :D only got one packet from ikea so am just going to mix it with other pasta so that I keep the fun rolling, lol.

Snacks: Muller light around the time I'd usually have lunch, muller light after dinner and a HexB chewy delight with it (for desert)
Drinks: 4 cups of green tea, 2.5 litres of NAS squash

Syns: 5.5
Saved syns: 30 odd but they refresh tomorrow

________

Realised that I'd forgotten the cheese string from yesterday's diary- so had 15.5 syns, not 12. Hope the couple of high syn days don't effect WI... I mean, they shouldn't as I have loads of syns saved, but I'm nervous... Need a good loss to stop me stressing after up+down=STS month (wasn't even off plan!)

WI tomorrow so... Fingers are crossed. Need a good number for a confidence boost *sigh*

Feeling rough today :/ had a +1 on the scales this morning which was totally disheartening. What is going on with me!? I felt bloated and a bit constipated but I'd kept within my syns and... It's just so annoying this weird patch I'm going through!
I have felt pretty down all day though I don't think just because of that, just having a low day and +1 as soon as I got up didn't help. I did a bit of shopping- bought a couple of books and some bits from Tiger, my fave bits shop, and then just had a Chinese which I'd planned for after a good WI and had been looking forward to but didn't want to punish myself further so enjoyed 15 syns of Chinese (10 syns of Sweet and Sour (not battered) and 5 syns of plain noodles with bean sprouts) which was really yummy. I still feel low though. I have loads of editing to do but really can't be bothered.

Food today: EE

_______

B: (at 2pm- had a super late night) banana, yoghurt, kiwi, splenda

L: (at 6pm) Sweet and sour chicken (Hong Kong style) (10 syns) and about 2/3rds of a portion of plain noodles with beansprouts (5 syns)

D: I'm guessing I'll need something later as my sleeping pattern is like 4am-midday at the moment, so will probably have some pasta or something in a few hours, but not sure.

Snacks: Chewy Delight (HexB)

_______

Hey mate!
Hope you liked the moose pasta :D And yes, green days totally rock!!
Sorry about your gain :( I don't understand what's happing with your losses either, but I'm sure it'll even out. Try not to worry or get too disheartened! Sometimes it just happens without knowing why. You'll be alright :)

Your Chinese sounds really nice! And good luck with your writing.xx

Thanks Cheeky :) have been editing my balls off today but still feeling pretty blah/craving junk. I went and had about 3 syns of Mikado in the evening yesterday so went over a bit.

Green:
______

B: Potato pancake :D (potato, carrot, onion, olive oil (hexB1), eggs) with scrambled eggs and ketchup (2) and HexA1 cheese

L: Rice with veg (peppers and onions) and a chicken frankfurter chopped into it (3.5 on G) and HexA2 Cheese

D: Minestrone mugshot

Snacks: Banana, muller, activia, chewy delight (hexB2), several mikado (2 syns), nibble of G's chocolate (1 syn)

Syns: 8.5
Saved: 0

______

Had a few days feeling bloated and constipated but managed to go today... Still don't know why that is happening :S

I really need to make a nice speed soup as I enjoyed having the defrosted one- I just can't be arsed to make it :/
Spent allll day editing and got the stuff from the jewellery shoot done. Got paid for Abu Dhabi so am no longer broke- yipee! Glad I got the editing done as I've been in a real writing mood all day but have been itching to finish, even though deadline is the weekend! Feels good to have it done though. Am noticing I'm getting more and more in an attitude of 'finish old projects before starting new ones' recently, like with books- I bought two new books but won't start them until I finish another one of the 50 I have going. I bought World War Z and Fish Change Direction In Bad Weather- both 'buy one get one half price' at Waterstones and had a gift card and some points to use up- thought I better use them before 'Stones goes bust like HMV and Jessops :/ we wasted some Jessops vouchers by saving them and now that they've been re-bought they're not taking them *sigh*

x

Well done on all the work! Sounds like you've been very, very busy!!

That really sucks about your Jessops vouchers :( Esp if they've been bought but aren't accepting them!!! That's awful :( Guess the new buyers wouldn't take on that debt?

Hope you like World War Z. I'm not really a re-reader of books, but I've read that twice. I absolutely loved it!! I am disappointed at the look of the film. It looks like a good zombie film, BUT it also looks like the writers and director haven't even read the book. A bit of an I Am Legend situation. I don't doubt the film will be awesome, but I love the book SO much I know it will disappoint me in that way. But yeah, the book rocks!xx

Glad to hear it's really good- was a bit taken aback when I noticed it's in interview form :/ really hated that about 'Carrie' by Stephen King, I like to be in the story more than looking back at what happened... But, we'll see!

Red today:
______

B: Banana, yoghurt, maple syup (.5)
L: Made some boiled eggs and mashed them into light salad cream (1) but then realised my wholemeal rolls were mouldy :/ so just ate it on it's own. Had a tuna salad (pepper, tomato, cucumber) with more salad cream light (1)
D: Had a big Harvester salad (2 syns for dressing) followed by a rump steak (asked for no added oil) with JD BBQ sauce (5 syns) and a HexB jacket potato (no butter)
Snacks: Chewy Delight (HexB), 7 mikado (3.5)

Syns: 13
______

Have felt really uninspired food wise today, didn't know what I fancied but realised I wasn't in the mood for pasta (gasp!) so turned it into a Red day. Mikado are dangerous, I was scoffing them while reading earlier!

-1 today which cancels out Monday's +1. Ok, I'm officiallu calling this a plateau. Think I need to shift things around a bit :/ any suggestions?

You were losing very well when you were exercising. Could you start doing a bit again? Might help break up the work/writing time too :)

Food wise I've no idea. I've never found anything that makes me lose lol. But I reckon you'll come out of this plateau and start losing again soon anyway. Perhaps up your super free or speed foods?x

Yeah, I think I should up my greens and super free, seem to not have many greens in the diet at the mo and have more peppers/onions and bananas as SF which probably aren't as good. Need more spinach and stuff...

Exercising didn't boost my weight loss though, it was about the same as I'd been losing before I was exercising, so dunno about that :p can't be arsed, lol.

Green today:
_______

B: Banana, Yoghurt, splenda
L: Potato pancake (potato, onion, carrot, egg, HexB olive oil) with pasta with HexA cheese (plus fried onions) and ketchup (2)
D: Uncle bens express mexican bean rice (2.5) with a franfurter chopped in (3.5) and an orange pepper, tomato, cucumber, HexA2 cheese.

Snacks: Activia light
Drinks: 2x green tea with splenda, 1.5L squash

Syns: 8
_______

Spent a few hours reading American Psycho in the sun today :) forgot how much I was enjoying that book! Have too many half read books so am not starting the ones I bought the other day until I finish it or another book :p

I 'inherited' an unwanted Kobo (kindle knock off) today but can't get the sod working! Have spent all evening trying to but it seems to have crashed on the 'connected' screen and won't charge- have been on the phone to the helplines 4 times and now they've asked for pictures of it so they can get a repair/replacement happening. Hopefully a replacement as really can't be arsed to be taking it to the post office and queuing for hours.

Have got a nice tan from earlier :D lol yay

Yeah, but now you're not exercising you're not losing :whistle: Was just an idea :p

Aye, maybe more veggies. Add in some stuff you don't usually have. Broccoli is awesome. Do a Google search for speed foods. I had a look before and found some really impressive lists :)

Cool about getting a Kobo. Shame about it not working. Hope they can sort out a replacement for you! I didn't think I would like having an e-reader, but I really, really do :D I still have a good few books in my 'to read' pile though and I love books so much I can't imagine going completely digital for reading.x

Haha I know, but I did 6 weeks or so of no exercise after and was losing the same amounts. Think I'd have to do gym stuff to lose more as a bit of prancing around to the wii didnt seem to boost it :eek:

I haaate broccoli! But yeah, need to look over the speed foods and get some more adsaragus and sugar snap peas going on at the very least. I sort of feel like non green veg is cheating as superfree :p

Was going to.have a red day today but will be out shopping later in a place that wont have the best options for a red lunch, so will probs stick to ee or green and pack some pasta with me. Will stock up on meat and do a red weekend or at least red style meals on sat until I'm at my friends house with a group, no idea what will be on the cards for dinner there.

Managed a Red day- yippee! I managed to have lunch before I left (woke up earlier than normal- before noon, wowzer!) but nearly caved in the evening when I was craving carby comfort food. I made chicken and veg though and it surprisingly filled that comfort gap :D desperately need to go food shopping as we're really low on necessities especially veg/salad which is down to just onions pretty much at the moment as we buy them in massive 10kg bags from Tesco. We had 5 onions today between us!! But we lurrrve them!

Red:
______

B: Banana, nat ff yoghurt, splenda
L: scrambled eggs with bacon, fried onions and orange pepper and a chicken frankfurter (2.5 on Red) with ketchup (1.5)
D: Chicken which I flavoured with a pilau herb thing, topped with cheese (hexA1) and grilled. Used HexA2 philli light in with fried veg (carrots, onions and courgette) to make them a creamy sauce with a stock cube. Very yum :)! and syn free!
Snacks: Half a green melon, hexB chewyD
Drinks: 1L squash, lilt zero and half a 330ml can of KOPPARBERG Mixed fruit in the sun with my picnic blanket reading again this afternoon :) mmm! 550ml of it would be 12 syns so about 7 syns for the 330ml can which I recon I had juuuust over half of, so will call it 4 syns. A really nice treat, though made me want to get wasted like I used to on summer picnics with friends :p

Syns total: 8
______

Today G had a Genius bar appointment at the mac store (the nearest one is in Brent Cross shopping centre, such a pain going to the ones in town and nearly impossible to get appointments at the Oxford Circus/Covent Garden ones within a week!) and while he was there I went for a mooch- ended up in Gap which is somewhere I've never shopped, but the PJ bottoms (black veeery comfy lounge bottoms) I stole off my mum are from there- they're falling apart, totally ripped up (and getting a little loose :D notice them fall a bit when I run up the stairs) so thought I'd see if they have anything similar but of course it's summer clothes now and they're like wintery bottoms.

Checked out the sale rack as I'm too cheap to spend £39.99 on a casual dress, and found a couple of really nice stripy dresses :O with POCKETS! They were Medium sized with no Large left on sale and I thought I'd give them a go. I'm quite pear shaped but luckily have quite a waist, so often dress size is much smaller than bottoms (I have the hugest arse and biggest hips known to man kind) and they were elasticated at the waist so thought I'd try- and they fit perfectly!
Actually, one was even a bit loose at the top, probably because I'm quite flat chested, but the other fit like a (snug) glove! They were very similar styles but different colours and slightly different shoulder shape stuff, but the looser pink and white one was £9.99 (bargain!) and the other (deep red stripes on a ultramarine fabric, a slightly newer item apparently) was £24.99, but down from £40! I haven't allowed myself to go clothes shopping since December when I started SW (apart from at Asda for a better black dress to film the Abu Dhabi events in) so decided to treat myself to both for being so good :D also, one is very summery/day time and the other is more evening time, so nice to have one of each ;)

It was such a fab experience though- a real confidence boost after this plateau month. I tried on 4 things (another similar dress but black and white and a longer, loose fabric maxi dress) and they aaaall fit and looked great :D felt awesome. Am so used to things not fitting or sort of half fitting uncomfortably but putting up with it because they don't do big sizes, y'know? The fabric and designs generously leant themselves to my body shape, and the elastic was stretchy, but still! I recon I've dropped a dress size ^^ but more like... I used to squeeze into size 18 dresses when I should have been going for size 20 ones (which stores don't usually go up to), but now size 18 dresses are probably my 'actual' dress size. Can't be sure as tried on the whole 'small/medium/large' size range today rather than numbers, but recon that's the case :) also, normally when I squeeze into smaller dresses the arm holes are kinda tight and uncomfortable but didn't notice that today!
Also, braved a crop top boob tube and denim shorts (old hacked up pair of jeans) to the park opposite me to sunbathe and read again- and I remember the jeans being quite tight when I was sitting last summer but they were looser now :D yaaaay.

Off to do a big Sainsbury's shop now, so much more fun at night when it's nearly empty. And that's my rock 'n' roll Friday night sorted :p
x

Excellent non-scale victory post :D The dresses sound brilliant! I do love GAP!

Well done on the food as well. Also, I like onions, but 5 between two of you in one day?! lol

Hope the food shopping went well and you found bargains aplenty :)

Oh no!! Broccoli is the best veg EVER!!!!! I regularly crave it. I've eaten half of what I bought for the rabbits this week :whistle: Green veg is nommy ;) And my Dr reckons it's the reason I'm not a typical anaemic veggie. Om nom ;) Just stock up on nice superfree veggies, some you don't have all the time.
You'll start losing again mate. You really will.xx

Thanks hun :D got some bits like asparagus, sugar snap peas and stocked up on speedy spinach which I used to have with like every meal when I was losing well.

Another NSV today- managed to fight temptation of pringles (sour cream and chive- BEST FLAVOUR!) and doritoes with salsa for hours with them sitting in front of me!! I nearly went for juuust one, but wanted a NSV of it lol!! I was at a small dinner party and managed to stay on Red!! I didnt drink, even though I wanted to and my friend had stocked up on cider for me! But I diiiid try the tiniest two mouthfulls of each cheesecake going and had several dips in the chocolate fondue :p within.my syns though, I swear! *shifty eyes* a reward for being good with the pringles which once I popped I wouldnt have been able to stop! I used to obliterate whole packets of them at parties before!

Red:
________

B- fruit and yoghurt
L- home made cheese burgers (hexa1 + B1) with onions and spinach/rocket salad. +3 for sauces
D- roast chicken (took skin off) with lots of veg!! Had some salad too with a tiny bit of the dressing on offer (garlic mayo dressing- 33cal/15ml, will call it 2 syns) hexB2 for a tad of potato and the olive oil on the veg, maybe +2 to be safe for extra hidden syns/oil.
Desert- two tiny slithers of the cheesecakes going. Packet said 350cal for 1/6th of the cake and my portiin I worked out to be about a 16th of the cake so will call it 125cal/6 syns. Also had about 6 dips into the cadbury choc fountain :p maybe 8 syns there too as it was more fruit than choc.

Snacks- banana, lots of strawberries and blueberries, muller toffee

Syns- 21 (not that bad considering! And had loooads of fruit and veg and lots of unused syns in the week :))
_________

Was really fun to have a girly night a.d Diana (host) is eager to make the India trip we'd talked about with some other film school girl friends happen! Yesss.
Played guitar hero too and got to boast my skills at expert mode ;)

Yay for the dresses fitting. I tried clothes shopping recently and hated it coz I couldn't find anything nice that would fit me. I'm a pear shape too. I'm usually a size smaller in my tops than Evans have really nice jeans that are fitted specially for pears! Sooo comfy. First time wearing the next size down today so I'm happy.

I love broccoli! Sooo yummy. I love onions too but not enough to eat that many. I usually put red onions in with my salads for lunch. I hate cutting them up though so will always buy pre-cut bags and a bag of frozen diced onion to use in meals, saves time, money and tears... lol.

How are you finding World War Z? I stopped listening to the audiobook coz I didn't have the time. Saw the trailer at the cinema today. Really want to see it! :D

Hope you have a good loss on the next WI! =)

Back