Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Low cal day today, despite insane sushi urges :S I really can't remember EVER having such frequent desire to eat at a certain restaurant... I want unlimited japanese food every daaaaay!

Red:
___

B- Scrambled eggs with cheese (half HexA1), fried onion and red pepper, reduced sugar ketchup (.5)

L- Subway chicken salad with some cheese (other half HexA1) and sweet onion sauce (2.5 as asked for extra)

D- SF soup, some left over mince beef from the other day (but only a couple of mouthfuls left) and a hard boiled egg with salad cream light (1)

Snacks - two apples
___

My first gluten free day! Didn't have any HexB's today... I recon that all adds up to around 900cal, so not quite a 'fast' day, but pretty close. I had half portions of egg yolks for all 3 eggs, too.

Feel happy that I managed this- so desperately wanted to go out and stuff myself at the Japanese place. Damn it for being so near by! *shakes fist*

Saw a friend, went shopping and spent bloody £55 in primark despite being broke :/ hoping the previous project pays up soon, I'm getting desperate! I bought two lovely dresses though- a size 14 and a size 16. I got some new PJ leggings as I am living in them at home, and I got some Bambi summer PJ's (short shorts and a loose shoulderless top) in an optimistic size 10-12 :D tried them on at home and they already fit LOL BLASPHEMY. Stretchy items are giving me a stupid ego.
Got loads of other bits too like some funky undies and wooly lounge socks.

Had a bit of a sadness outburst tonight and took it out on G a bit :/ sort of threatened to leave him if he didn't get his act together. It's driving me mad watch him become a total bum more and more... he hasn't worked in 18 months and all he does all day is laptop stuff and house work... I told him that his lack of ambition needed to get a facelift, he cried and I felt bad, but this conversation always happens, is followed by tears and then the next day he acts like nothing has happened and goes back on his laptop/watches tv. It drives me mad!
I know my career hasn't exactly advanced oodles recently, but I've been working hard to improve myself by losing weight. He has grown some moobs and become a couch potato! I told him he has to put some effort into improving himself too, as I'm losing the attraction (to his mentality, mainly)
*sigh* I always sound like a *****, he always defends himself with "I'm trying to support you rather than focus on my own stuff" which makes me feel worse, but sometimes I wish he'd just get on with having a life. His idea of supporting me seems to be doing the dishes and coming grocery shopping with me :S
jfkerfojsfjlsk

On a high note, I started my NaNoWriMo novel today and have gotten to 1600/50K words in the past hour or so. Woohoo! Bedtime now, though... But starting is always the hardest part, so I'm sure it'll be easy to work on tomorrow.
Fixed a bug within my editing, so tomorrow will fix the last changes and then send the rough cut over to the client so she can have a look before our Monday meeting.
G has booked for us to see Nosferatu at the BFI on Friday evening :) I've got to shoot some pick up shots for last year's feature film of London, so will do that beforehand then we're going to shoot some time lapses of London at night along Southbank (I loooove Southbank!), hit up the Friday food market and hopefully revisit the Raclette stall (SO GOOD, OMG MELTED CHEESE AS A DISH) then watch my fave horror film on the big screen; Nosferatu (1922 version)! So that's a nice date night to look forward to :)

Felt REALLY crappy earlier this eve; a couple of my closest friends have bailed in really dickish ways on me this weekend and have had me re-assessing my friendships. I really want new friends *sigh* I'm so bored of being the desperate one to my friends who just can't be arsed :(

Omg lol, I spent £30 on pjs and socks in primarni yesterday. I got the care bear legging pjs and top, tartan ones and a marvel sweatshirt lol.

South bank is my favourite place on this earth. My hubby proposed on the eye so it always holds fond memories but even before that it was somewhere I used to love to walk around. Have you been to the Mexican restaurant made from shipping containers? Wahacca. It's amazing!! Not SW friendly at all but I adore it. I would move to London in a heartbeat but the voice of reason hubby, K is against the idea.
Have an awesome time at the BFI. X

I absolutely love Southbank! Ghere is always quirky stuff there... In the summer it's the faux sandy beach and kids running through water fountains in the floor, in the winter there is a fair ground, the friday night food market is LUSH and it's all by the water :D love it! Am excited to go... We dont go into town enough considering it only takes 40 mins to get there!
I cant wait until covent garden gets christmassy... And winter wonderland in hyde park! Excited for friday anyway, guves me an excuse to doll up and get out of the house for once... I get so stir crazy from editing!

Hahaha I bought all the stripey lounge leggings for PJs from primarni, and a bambi shorts and top set for the summer. We have refused to cave and turn the heating on yet but last night got out the electric radiator as our attic bedroom gets freezing! Even with central heating on that room stays cold, probably cheaper to just heat the bedroom with that electric one rather than the whole house with central and the bedroom still being cold :rolleyes: double PJs and hot water bottles.

Southbank sounds lovely. I love Christmassy stuff too, can't wait for Prague as they have the Christmas market up at the start of December, pretty sure I'll come home with an unbelievable amount of decorations :D

I love primarni too, will be nice to be able to fit into the clothes soon, I can manage some of the strappy tops but the rest are a no go at the minute. Will be so awesome to be able to shop there next year and enjoy all those bargains! STS is brill considering all the sushi and drinking etc, plus you've done so well these last few weeks sometimes your body needs time to catch up. Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

I've never eaten sushi, you are making me tempted to try it now!

I felt very :( when I saw your comment about friends. Honestly, I have one good friend and that's it now, I have lost so many friends over the past two years because I just found that none were making an effort and it was causing me too much stress to try and keep the friendship going. My best friend of 10+ years hasn't made contact with me for 20 months, she met a guy, ended up in a bizarre relationship and just literally dropped a lot of people she'd known for years. Sad really.

I've not done winter wonderland either which is surprising as i LOVE xmas!

Oh guys, you must check out the Hyde Park winter wonderland if you get the chance! They have a german food market (um, bratwurst- yes!) loads of rides that glitter light through the dark afternoons, beautiful stalls of overpriced gifts and handmade things, christmas music, mulled wine... it's just lovely! I can't wait to just wander around the west end (particulary covent garden and HAMLEYS) in December, it feels so poetic and christmassy!

Jody- sucks about your friend just ditching you for some guy like that! Ugh, I hate that... I perhaps do that for a few weeks at the start of an intense relationship, but I'm quick to get back into friendships!
My best school friend (for about 5 years) ditched me as soon as she got to uni; would completely ignore my messages because she was so busy (a fairly honest situation as she was doing Architecture) but then every 6 months or so would call me in tears because her boyfriend slapped her or something, and expect me to play best friends again after 0 contact! I got so fed up that I just gave up, but it really hurts, doesn't it? :/

I had a really good food day today, if I lose tomorrow I'm going to have to treat myself to sushi :p

Red:
____

B: Strawberies, chopped banana, dollop of yoghurt, splenda

L: Salad with two boiled eggs, half a hexA of light feta, bacon (fat removed), iceburg lettuce, cucumber and red pepper. +2 for salad cream light

D: homemade pumpkin soup (syn free and fairly yummy, considering I've never cooked with pumpkin before!) and half a tin of fruit salad in juice (HexB)

Snacks: Options caramel hot chocolate (so good!) +2, with a splash of milk (second half hexA1)

Syns: 4

____

Only had half my Hex's again! :O
Second day of gluten free- woop! Wanted to have a HexB that wasn't glutenous so got some 'allowed' tinned fruit in. I wish I could have tinned lychees for HexB- I'd have them every day!

Soup dinner so should be looking good for WI tomorrow as have had two low cal detox days :) fingers crossed!!

Have a meeting with my current client tomorrow to go through the video I'm editing and work on it a bit together so I can get a better understanding of what she wants. Not really looking forward to it, but will be able to get it out of the way within the next ten days and then I FINALLY get a break from editing! It really does control my life... I mean, I'm a massive procrastinator and all, but I constantly feel guilty in my own home when I'm relaxing because I KNOW I should be editing... even at 2am!

The cats have been so cute today, have posted loads of pics and vids online of them (and a few of G) this week (appologies to anyone who's already seen all this on my inst*gram haha)

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.10.00.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.10.13.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.10.38.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.10.49.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.14.37.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.14.48.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.15.08.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.15.19.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.15.32.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.15.41.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.15.55.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 01.16.07.png

Just realised QUITE to which extent I've been overcooking salmon all this time :p OK, only by two minutes, but it makes such a huge difference for it to be slightly soft rather than dry!

Just had trout (OK, not salmon) for the first time as G accidentally picked that up instead of salmon- I seasoned it and added maggi and aromat, a few sprays of frylight and cooked it in my halogen oven for 18 mins- it was to die for! So quick and easy too... I MUST buy more fish, I really, really loved it today and it's so healthy!
For superfree I had some of my pumpkin soup beforehand which was nice too ^^
Luckily my sushi craving has disappeared today, so am not too bummed that because I didn't lose, I won't allow myself to go to the unlimited place ;)

Hey!
Sounds like things have been pretty intense with you and G? :( How's it been since the blow up?

The kitty pictures are adorable! So glad they're getting on well and they seem really comfortable with each other :)

Well done on two days gluten free :D
Glad you like the trout. Don't think I ever tried trout. It took me about 12months to like salmon, then I went proper veggie LOL!
It's really good finding a new, nice food.xx

I went so many years convincing myself I hated fish so realky proud of my new attitude towards ut- I genuinely LOVED the trout this eve!

I seem to have these blow ups at G every couple of months, all is always back to normal the next day but feels like going in circles.

Editing meeting with client went OK, awkward though... She is Russian and very abrupt, has nothing nice to say about anything which unnerves me but I think she seems OK with the video. :/

Went to Curry's to look at fridge freezers (are freezer has died) and headphones as I broke the over ear ones I wear for wii fit fun/general house use (my earphones make too much noise when I move and the cable touches things so cant use them whole dancing about). I suddenly got hungry in Curry's (frustratingly they dont serve as much indian food as the name suggests) then got a bit weak/dizzy/headachey so had to leave quickly. We decided to go to the local Harvester as I could stuff my face with salad bar as soon as we arrived. I had the chicken breast with JD sauce (6 syns) and a jacket spud (hexB as is a Red day) and about 3 syns of dressing in two bowls if salad- was starving! Was yummy but on way home bought this insanely good looking pack of sainsbury's oatmeal and raisin cookies... On the way home I looked up the calories and they worked out 11 syns each!!! :eek: f*ck that!
I decided to have half of one- they glistened from syrupy goo and looked SO GOOD (the oatmeal part wasnt an attempted health choice!) but actually they tasted a bit burnt sonI only had a quarter of one (3.5 for two bites :( not worth it!)
Had sugar cravings still after that so had a caramel options which was sooo nice! +2
Might have some cereal later for rest of Hex's as I fancy a 'dessert'. Sweet cravings seem to be back, bet it is pesky PMS's doing...

14 syns today / Red day and gluten free if I dont have cereal (hmm)

Another gluten free day!

Guy fawks at my aunts house with the whole fam- was fun! They have a cockapoo puppy too OMG puppy broody all over again!

Ate before I went but snacked on carrot, pepper and celery sticks, occasionally dipped into hummous and light sour cream and chive. 4 syns for this maybe. Also had two tiny cocktail sausages (4?) and a spoonful of jacket potato with cheese. Ate mainy before I went though: lunch and dinner consisted of a chicken dish I experimented with which had tomato puré and light mozzerella grilled on- quite nice! Lots of superfree- boiled carrots with lunch and salad with dinner. Also hadtwo boiled eggs with some salad cream light (1) and an activia.
Can feel * week brewing- lots of pricking pains and cravigs. Had half a fudge bar (3) some marshmallow fluff (2),an options hot choc with mini marshmallows (3) and another handful of mini marshmallows (2)... 19 syns in total :eek:
Not too worried, lunch was very small- carrots and half a chicken breast as I lost my appetite. Fairly low cal apart from the sweet stuff... Dang, didnt think it would add up like that!
Will have a soup meal tomorrow; guessing WI on thurs wont be great as * week takes more than a day to settle water weight for me.
Want sushi soon...

For the first time in a couple of months I can have a short breather from editing! I have had 3 projects on at once so it has been totally back to back! Have to await the composer to record a piece now so for a few days have nothing to work on- woohoo! Had to write up a timeline for what times in the track different tones had to be portrayed- glad to have that out of the way!! A rest day tomorrow :D
Most days I am not constantly editing but it is always in the back of my mind that I should be, will be nice not to have that guilt for a couole of days. Have pushed myself a lot to meet these short deadlines- usualky put stuff off for a bit but havent been able to this time!
Excited to work on my NaNoWriMo novel tomorrow :D without the "I should be editing..." guilt.

I really want to go to my unlimited sushi place *sigh* I expect thurs WI to be a write off from * week so might end up treating myself tomorrow, but gluten free'ing it by not having any noodles... The rice would bloat me before WI though :rolleyes:

P.s. Wore my new primarni dress today which I LOVE! Felt so great in it and my fam were all like "how much more have you lost?! I can tell you have lost more!" haha! Half a stone really makes a difference now... Didnt the first 7 or so times :p

Sound like you're doing great with the gluten free, have you noticed any difference in how you're feeling?

I feel your pain with the editing! When I did my writing full time I'd constantly feel guilty for having a break. Every time I went on the PC I felt like I should be doing some work or something. In the end I tried to set myself a schedule for the hours I'd work, a bit like a 'normal' job, to try and get some kind of work life balance. Helped a bit but I still always felt like I should be doing more, especially when I got distracted and ended up on facebook! :rolleyes:

Grumpy clients are always a pain too, especially those who give you a brief and then completely change their mind once the work is done, arghhhhh!

Enjoy your rest day anyway and writing your novel! Good luck with WI tomorrow! *fingers crossed* x

Yeah, everyone assumes frelancing is really chilled but it is kinda like being constantly at work and as you are your own boss you give your SELF a hard time for slacking... Even if it is 2am :rolleyes: but I suck at facebook procrastination (I'm sure you can tell!)

Havent noticed much a difference from seni gluten free apart from more regular pooping as I just mentioned on your thread :p for everyone else (since I can tell they wanna know this... LOL) : have had less HexB's than normal, the ofd can of tinned fruit, but pooping every other day (no laxatives) instead of twice a week (WITH laxative help) now! Cool.

WI will be a write off I assume, am prepared for that. Am going to hold back on my sushi craving tonight though (maaaaybe tomorrow :p lol)

Today I've felt pretty knackered, achey and a bit low. Really low energy and sluggish despite sleepig well :S have really felt like I could just shut my eyes and sleep all day :S (avoided as I always feel nauseas after napping which makes me want to cover that feeling with food since I get nauseas when hungry too)
Am a couple of days over a week long cold and just feeling really run down now :/

Food today so far has been insanrlt good though!

Red:
_____

B- Apple and banana

L- HM pumpkin soup, half a chicken breast with tomato puré left from yesterday

D-

Snacks- bite of G's PB sarnie and some marshmallow fluff (2), two hard boiled eggs with salad cream light (1)
____

Am thinking this is a bit if a fast esque day... Will be over 500cal but still low. Really need to read up on that fast diet a bit! Have had so much to do but taking this day off and am just lazing about amd trying not to fall asleep :rolleyes:

Dinner was more SF pumpkin soup, 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 syn of fluff. Fastish day complete, tomorrow I feast on rice! (and hopefully Japanese cuisine)

Hehe I love seeing Fluff on people's diaries ;)

Well did on getting the editing sorted. It's such hard work motivating yourself to work from home. I did Open University for a few years and now doing that crappy course for work. I wasn't too bad with the OU stuff coz I found it mostly very interesting and I WANTED to do it. But, as I'm sure you know, I HATE this work course and it's badly written and so God damn boring!! I made my friend laugh the other day coz I text her and was so excited that there'd been a tiny bit of biochemistry in my course notes. Not even GCSE level, but it didn't matter, actual science!!! Lol science makes me happy ;)
But yeah, I totally get what you mean about putting a lot of pressure on yourself. And the more pressure you put on, the more you don't want to do the work and get stuck in a vicious circle.
Can't imagine the pressure of working from home to live! Think you're doing incredibly well and you should be very proud :D I think it's awesome.

So when I come visit you at some point in the future we're going to the Goth club and for sushi right?! ;)

Hope you're feeling a bit less knackered and a bit better tomorrow. Lotsa love.xx

OMG YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU :D <3
Just woken up (couldn't get to sleep for HOURS last night despite at about 6pm feeling like I could have slept :S) and did my WI.... -2.5! WHAT? Haha... I'm so friggin' chuffed! :D what an awesome way to wake up... I was genuinely expecting a gain or STS at best because * week hasn't shown up yet but I can really feel it brewing... Maybe I'm imagining the whole thing (my periods are often very irregular) but still- wonderful surprise! Just 2lbs away from 6st award :D

And then I've come on here to see two lovely and motivational messages *WIPES TEAR!* OK, must be due on as I'm all emotional right now :rolleyes:

Cheeky- Ahh, it really sucks that you are having to do such dull, uninspiring coursework :( you seem way above that course! But awesome to push on... Such a sense of accomplishment when you push to finish something you REALLY don't want to do and get a task done, eh?! :D I felt SO good after pushing through writing the composers' notes and really felt like I could relax after!
DEFINITELY up for sushi/goth clubbing some time! hahaha

EmmaB- I'm trying Gluten Free because carbs haven't been working with me for some time, but then I thought- maybe it's not carbs in general, but pasta and gluten? I'd so love to have rice in my diet, and beans and potatoes... so I'm trying to introduce those things and bannish the cereal/WM bread (already stopped eating pasta/noodles) to see if I can find a middle ground where I can eat rice! Haven't eaten rice for a while though now... since before the weekend :rolleyes: so I guess it's hard to tell with this experiment so far lol! I just really love rice and I'd love to be able to eat it to maintain (though I recon I'll adjust my goal further so wont be maintaining for a while yet!)

I'm so psyched about the losses... I just added to my hand drawn graph to see my monthly losses and am shocked! I really thought things were slowing down but I've been consistently getting -7's on average since the second month really :O

Here are my monthly losses:
Orange= mixed plans but mainly EE + Green
Red= 90% Red plan months

Dec: -7lbs (xmas and was away a lot for work so not 100% into the plan yet)
Jan: -12lbs (water weight)
Feb: -7lbs
Mar: -6lbs
Apr: -6lbs
May: -7lbs
Jun: -10lbs (first entirely Red month to meet pre-hol mini goal!)
Jul: -4lbs (2 weeks in Florida)

Aug: -7lbs
Sep: -7lbs
Oct: -7lbs

So apart from the months where I had something going on, I've quite consistently lost 6-7lbs a month since the start! I hope that continues!!
So looking at it overall, my losses don't seem faster on Red, but I could tell from the individual weeks in those months where I had a green day or two that my losses buckled that week.

Today my plan is to get off my ass in the shower and head over to the sushi place, but first go get some bits in the area as there are lots of shops there... G needs some warmer PJ's and general clothes so I might try and pick some bits up for him as I feel like I owe him something nice after being a bit of a b*tch recently. He's quite hard to buy gifts for but new PJ's will keep him warm at least, lol! No idea what to get him for xmas or his birthday which is the week before :S any ideas? He likes formula 1 and is nerdy and into computer games but these aren't exactly things I want to feed his love of LOL :p I might make him something as I'm good at that and he's very sentimental... but he is ALWAYS around so would be tricky!
So anyway, back to the plan... Shopping (limited shopping as am broke) followed by sushi (on my own like a loser! :D but that place is always empty and f*ck it, I don't even care) which I am going to attempt to do gluten free-ish (i.e. no noodles) then I'm going to sit in Starbucks with my laptop for a bit while food goes down and catch up with my NaNo word count as I'm probably 10,000 words behind now... If I focus, I can totally crack that in about 2.5 hours. Am a fast typist!
x

Wow!! You're going to disappear ;) That's an incredible loss mate and looking at your losses over the months is absolutely amazing!! I am very, very jealous ;) My losses over 3 years of SW (before I got really sick) worked out to an average of 0.5lb a MONTH! So yeah, jealous :p I'd be thrilled with 0.5 a week haha!
I'm so happy for you though and it just shows how hard you've worked. You should be very proud :D

Hope you're having a really nice day and all nice and full from Sushi and getting lots of words typed out! I'm a really fast typer when it comes from me, but when I'm looking stuff up in books or online and copying chunks of texts I'm quite slow!

Anyway, hope you're having a brill day. And congrats again.xx

Heya, I have been following your journey for a while now, just want to say a massive well done to you you are doing so well!!!! I am struggling big time myself at the mo was doing great for months and then started a new job in which I have put back on almost a stone and half since the summer! You always seem to do really well eating out, any tips for me as I am spending majority of my time in hotels with work and having to eat out 3 times a day with little choice as to where we go :( anyway well done you are an inspiration:D xxx

Back