Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey hun, came over to see how you are getting on and having read through the last few pages it seems like you are just flying along right now! I loved the dress and dog combo, VERY chic ;)

I have had your speckly vision thing too, although do you know what's weird, I only ever get it in supermarkets! Once in Sainsbury and once in Tesco, the lady in S thought I was going to pass out, I went white and all shaky, it wasn't pleasant!

Hope you feel better in yourself soon, you were soooooo raring to go a few days ago!

Ps - I currently have a batch of SW chips in the oven ;)

heya sorry haven't been on in a few days, are you sure brown bread isnt healthy extra? I mean the bog standard one from a sliced pan? our C always told us that one slice of it was or if you got the hovis nimble that 2 were? I am shocked!

anyway my work is paying off lost 2.5 tonight :):):):)

how are you gettin on?x

bettyboop- Hovis nimble is wholemeal, that is OK for HexB!!
But not all brown bread is wholemeal :( so if you buy a sandwich from a store it is highly unlikely to be wholemeal, unless it states it I wouldn't take the chance. The reason we're allowed wholemeal and not brown bread is because the higher fibre content helps balance things for our weight loss, it's why we're not allowed other brown breads like brown baguettes and bagels.
Congrats on your 2.5lbs off, fab!

Hey Emma! Wish I could freeze now, but freezer is totally bust! Will definitely give that a go whenever we get around to replacing it, must be so convenient to have a meal already cooked :D

traveljody- Thanks hun! Am so up and down at the mo...
Weird about the speckly thing- it's kinda like a head rush for me- you too? I've had it in shops before actually where I get overwhelmed and can't focus on things :S
ooh, I've never actually made SW chips but everyone raves on about them :D hope they were nice!

Food wise today was a bit too relaxed I think. I had an EE day but I ended up having 2.5 bowls of gluten free rice puffs which is a bit naughty! Went over my milk allowance too by probably about half extra. The rice puffs aren't meant to be free on SW but I'm classing them as so since I'm not having glutenous cereals and since there's nothing but rice in them... but yeah, felt a bit overboard to have 2.5 bowls :( shameful to say it was comfort eating a bit (could have been worse!) and I had 2.5 (wow that's my number today) meringue nests too! They are 2.5 syns (there's that 2.5 again!!) each and sooo nice :D had forgotten how nice fresh ones are!

But yeah, sugar cravings sucked and then work stuff overwhelmed me. Have had a few days off while I awaited a track to be composed to edit the final details of my piece to, but it took much longer than it should have and then was all wrong!! It was so bad! Basically the client had asked the guy to merge these two songs and instead of merging them subtly he just put like a 10 sec gap between them with no fading into one another... WHAT?! I waited 4 days for THAT? Because I had to wait so long, I now am going to have to really push to get an obscene amount of editing done in the 5 days I have left- and two of those days I'm busy!!! CRAP. I ended up TOTALLY re-doing the song from scratch and it took me about an hour- can't believe so much time has been wasted on this! Furious! That's what you get when you get a student to do a job that a paid professional should have been hired for :/

Anyway, I got all stressed out because suddenly it came to light just how much work I had to do ON TOP of this extra problem solving of the music (thought it would take longer) and I ate some cereal to calm myself down :/ not great. To be fair, my dinner had been small- had some leftover rice from yesterday, but not much and had followed it with a bowl of cereal already.
Not that this is of any interest to anyone and probably makes no sense, but I effectively have three days to do the following: completely resculpt the video to match the timing of the song, editing each individual cut to match the music beat; colour grade the whole project (like photoshopping the colour for each clip), readjusting after the colour grade as this always (annoyingly!) tampers with the length of the clips a bit, usually knocking about half a second off each which I can't extend again; go through hours of sound I recorded on the day to find 'arty' sound bites to overlay, then edit them in; credits. Most of these tasks take like TEN HOURS EACH. How am I going to do that in 3 days?
Too stressed to focus now and don't want to get stuck in and then have to go to bed- having an early night as I'm taking G for a surprise go-karting session tomorrow and we have to get up quite early! :D

EE:
_____
B- Apple, Banana
L- Minced beef (spicy) with veg chopped in and a side of iceburg lettuce + some quark + kidney beans + some olive oil (part HexB)
D- Some left over rice, rice puffs, milk (hexA) plus topped up the bowl after to re-use the milk so had about 1.5 bowls.
Snacks- more rice puffs with milk (maybe 3 syns worth, tried to keep it low amount since I knew I'd had my allowance), 2.5 meringue nests (6.5 syns), activia 0%
_____

I haven't had a dextoxy day for ages and am a bit bummed at myself for that. Tomorrow we'll be eating out but I'll bring some fruit with me to avoid sudden hunger pang turning me to whatever I can grab. WI on Thurs, not too stressed despite not being as strict as usual, hopefully this doesn't turn on me :rolleyes: 1 more pound off for my 6st award would be niiiice!

I had a bit of a hysterical moment while trying to fix the awful music situation and ended up playing loud ghetto music and dancing like a rude boy for about ten minutes. It felt good. Can you get sugar rushes from aspartame? I mean... That activia 0%? LOL

x

Hope you enjoy go karting, I've never actually been! Watched plenty of times when my dad&bro have been but I just don't know if I'd like it!!
I'd be totally lost without my freezer.

Hope the editing goes ok, tough timescales but fingers crossed for you.
Do the rice puff cereal things taste of anything? In my head I'm thinking Rice Krispies without the sugary ness?

Hey dude!
Sounds like you've been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster recently :( Hope you both enjoy Go Karting tho! That's something I've never got to do :eek:

The dizzy, sparkly, lightheaded thing is pretty much me all the time (since May!) just so you know ;) I am much worse in supermarkets and I strongly believe it's the fluorescent lighting. I'm quite sensitive to light now and fluorescent is by far the worst for me. It's a very odd sensation!
It also can be a sign of a drop in blood sugar, so maybe you NEEDED those sweet things and you were just running on low.

Aye when you get a freezer it's definitely worth doing big batch cooking.

Don't worry too much about the cereal. Those rice puff things probably have bugger all sugar or anything in them :)

Good luck with all the crazy editing and stuff. Sounds mental and really stressful!
Hope you're ok and having a great day.xx

Quick update before I go edit my ballz off (excuse my ghetto)!

Karting was great! Gerard was SO HAPPY! It was really cute- haven't seen him so excited in ages and made me feel like a good person for once (LOL)
He upgraded his car to some super turbo one but I stuck with the regular one (mine went to 50mph his to 70mph) but turned out everyone else had upgraded so I was doomed to last position LOL. I knew I'd be a wimp and not go that fast though and was right, so was glad to save the tenner :p it was really fun! Adrenalin rush (especially as I'm not a driver!) but every time someone overtook me I sharted a bit (not literally).
Gerard loved it so much that he went for another session after as they offer a 2nd session for £10! So I watched and took pictures of the next 20 min session which flew by. During my session I actually felt a bit sick from the car vibration about half way through so 10 mins probably would have been enough! It was a ******* deal though, £12.50 for 20 mins and G upgraded for a tenner and then got an extra 20 mins for another tenner so had 40 mins in a turbo car for £32 or so. I had 20 mins for £12.50 - not bad! Loads of ******* deals for karting so check 'em out!

Here's a coupla pics:

574676_10153407379325618_583614551_n.jpg
^G gearing up for 2nd race
1451568_10153407380700618_1908967466_n.jpg
^G on the right having just clipped someone who had span off a bit.

1470345_10153407575025618_16681784_n.jpg
^Stupid face but LOVE HOW SKINNY I LOOK LOL. I am pretty sure 90% of my body is hiding behind G somehow but do enjoy how small my ass looks for once hahahahaha

1467376_10153407380400618_283474210_n.jpg
^G's ranking and my ranking... Pretty sure my poor ranking was down to the fact that everyone upgrades to a turbo car... *shifty eyes*
994386_10153407380085618_906443416_n.jpg
^OK :p I sucked... I WAS 20mph behind the others on the straight parts of the track though :rolleyes:

After we went to TGI's as it was really near- yaaaay! I had the JD sesame chicken strips (SO GOOD BUT OMG the syns must be AWFUL!) but it was a starter and I had it as a main with G's unwanted veg and swapped about 4 pieces of the chicken for some of his steak to make it a bit less bad... quite a small amount but yeah, sugary, breadcrummed, oily- eek!
Intended on having soup for dinner but then we went to IKEA- just to pop in and get some candles and bits you know...
4hrs and £300 later (bought a shelving unit, computer chair and loaaads of small things) I was starving so I had 6 meatballs with gravy and some mash that was probably ladened with butter. G had 4 of my meatballs, two cheese puffs (HUGE) and a desert, so I think I did OK to only have 6 meatballs, but obvs not great. Was way too hungery to just have the measly smoked salmon portion though :/ also had two bananas and two apples throughout the day for superfree, and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

So millions of syns *sigh* but hopefully the small amounts will make up for it. I don't think I'd have actually gone over my calories to be honest...

G was so energised by karting that we'll definitely go again some time, I'd be happy to just watch really :)
The whole day was nice and I felt bonded to him (and SO happy to see him that happy!) and even though we were pooped out in Ikea it was fun to buy stuff to make our home nicer. Kelly- I saw your moose rug!!!
The whole day was nice and bonding-y until we had to drag that f*cking shelving unit (in a long thin box) up the stairs- HOLY COW IT WAS HEAVY! I yelled enough abuse at G to make up for none during the nice day LOL
Summer- the rice puffs are totally different to rice crispies... they're sort of soft like sugar puffs- a really nice texture! They're pretty plain but with half a tablespoon of golden syrup (1 syn) they're soooo nice!

Editing time pressure is even more screwed now as what was supposed to be a half day out was totally absorbed by the Ikea trip! Also, I might be being booked for a couple of half day shoots tomorrow and friday... Not sure if it'll happen as it's so last minute and I took a while to get back to them with my rates, but was a photography thing for a ballet company so would be really fun to shoot! Am guessing they found someone else though as I took too long. If I do do it though I'll be so insanely pressured for editing that I'll have no choice but to get on with it and work solidly... If I can work my ass off until Sunday, then do any adjustments needed on Mon/Tues, I can then have a whole week off to chill out and do whatever! Technically have nothing else booked so can just sleep until I run out of food money hehe.

Cheeky- that sucks that you experience that constantly :| SHEESH! I felt like I was having a mild panic/hysteria attack as I was like running around frantically trying to find low syn sugar (lolz) and trying not to pass out or cry haha.
Those rice puffs have 0 added sugar or salt- they are entirely brown rice :D but calories wise rice isn't a great thing to be scoffing lots of on top of meals and in the evening... But yeah, will take the WI tomorrow with a pinch of salt, not too fussed really.

MUST EDIT NOW! Gosh, I come on here for a quick post and procrastinate SO easily :rolleyes: thanks for stopping by, guys! x

Wow look at you in that pic!!! *swoon* You look awesome!! :heartpump: Haha.
Glad you guys had a mostly good day. Would say 90%? Lol. Ikea stuff is SO heavy! I remember trying to get the chest of drawers I bought in and out of my boot. Nearly bloody killed me! My Sister's Mr had to carry them upstairs for me :eek:
Hehe you weren't tempted to buy the mental moose rug? ;)

I don't think your food's so bad! Don't feel too bad or go too hard on yourself. It could have been much worse and I think you made some really good choices :) Remember, we have to live!

The cereal sounds really nice! And aye, I know not technically a Hex or anything, but they can't be particularly calorific.

Aye the sparkly dizzy thing isn't easy to deal with, but I've kinda gotten used to it. It's not always quite that bad, but I always feel some level of dizzy and lightheaded - like motion sickness or sea sick or hungover is the best way to describe. I know it's bad when things get sparkly tho! Hope that doesn't happen again for you though because it is really horrible! xx

Thanks dude :D
Didn't want to cramp your originiality by buying the moose rug ;) especially since it wasn't a good a deal as yours! Did snoop around the bargains/clearance area and bought a pillow sized bag of tea light candles for £2 or something! Cool :D will have to do a photoshoot with them or something...

I think the calories for the puffed rice was about 140/22g... And 22g goes a long way as they're so light, so you get a pretty decent bowl out of that! (compared to like the all-bran clusters where you get like 4 pieces for 35g ;( lol) but yeah, thinking about it vs like... a mugshot, it's way less... And really it's like 1.5 muller lights. It's probably the same sort of calories as the shreddies I used to be having, sooo... less fibre but I'm having plenty in my veg intake etc.
I know it's non SW and naughty but I DO recommend them :D I know I'm new to the gluten free nonsense but the more I read up about it the more I realise that pasta and bread always bloated me and that's my body's way of telling me it doesn't get on with it. Anyway- they're in the 'free from' foods section in Sainsbury's and on offer at the mo, 20% off so £1.60 a packet or something. They're by a company called 'Rude health' which have cool packaging and seem all quirky! I stocked up while the offer is on as they're my new fave treat. Quite hungry now but it's 1am and bed time and I've had a Red day today despite all the synful foods! I've gotten to a point now where even though I'm following SW, I'm not feeling the need to count syns as much as I am more aware of calories... Also I know that if I have a bit of a high syn day today (maybe 25 syns) that I need to balance that somewhere in the week. Well, my attitude to all this might change drastically when I have a few crap WI's under this mentality LOL.

I think you're right, I do get quite hard on myself about food but I think it's an adjustment from being so controlling up until now... I mean, the week before this week of lots of treats I'd had like 3 days of mainly eating soup and 'fasting', and the rest low syn red days bar maybe one sushi day... and it was awesome for my losses and fine during that mentality but at the mo I have cravings and such so I can't help that. And today was just lack of preparation... I'd assumed we'd go somewhere to eat where I'd be able to pick something SW friendly but I gave into temptation (also was so cheap considering it was TGI's because it was a meal combo- I had the starter and G had the main, so was like £15 all together for two rather than that each like normal!) which was fine until I then got hungry in Ikea and wanted something hot and filling :rolleyes: ahhh well.

I'd say the day was 95% good, just that last 5 minutes carrying that 2m long heavy as f*ck box up the stairs where I seriously considered just letting go of it and watching G plummet to his death a couple of times I was so p*ssed off LOL. Ok, not reaaally considering, lol...

Worries me to think that you get that dizzy/speckled vision stuff and might get it while driving or something :( or is it usually after over exertion??

I actually got some editing done! I got some stuff figured out about it so that's helped me feel a bit at ease. I doubt I'll be getting this job tomorrow afternoon as they were looking for a quick reply and I took too long, they probably hired someone else (dang!) but I'll have time to focus on the edit without stressing quite as much. I was really getting into the editing but hit a point where I needed to stop as the next part needs more fluid focusing and if I stopped for bed I'd end up wasting a lot of time trying to figure out where I was in the morning. Sooooo back on here ;) lucky I am a fast typist, this lot^ took about 7 mins max.

+2 today grr. So that is +1 overall for the week. I havent pooped in days so am betting it is that more than anything. Plus... Still no sign of *week :/
Surprisingly am not too gutted, kinda saw it coming and have a list of excuses it could be down to (am in denial basically haha!)

Haha I don't think we have any cross-over friends who would go to your flat and think "Kelly has that!!" Lol But yeah, I was so lucky finding it in the bargain bit :)

It really made me laugh that you were thinking about G plummeting to his death with the heavy box LOL!

I liked the All Bran Crunch cereal, but yeah, you didn't get much at all! I ended up using some syns so I could have a decent sized portion. Rude Health are a really good company. Will have a look out for them, maybe!

Aye see how your losses go, although I've seen you've had a gain this week :( I think part of that will at least be down to not pooping, that definitely makes a difference. The gain will be gone next week I bet :D
I reckon you'll work out a balance that works out for you. Have every faith in you!

The sparkly vision for me comes at the end of a dizzy spell - so it kind of creeps up on me and I get a load of warning symptoms and signs first. But that is why some days I wont drive, because I know it's not safe. I haven't had a sparkly/almost fainting thing while driving though, because it only seems to happen when I'm standing up. I don't have to be doing anything strenuous or anything, just standing up still sometimes, but being sat down does stop it from getting that far - except at the cinema for some reason! Esp if it's a high action or 3D film. That's gotten much better wearing glasses tho. And I've still not actually fainted *touch wood*
That's also why I have a co-pilot with me if I'm driving for a while or somewhere unfamiliar. My normal driving is like 10/15mins coz that's how far away my friends live or the cinema or shops are lol. I am very careful, I promise :) Remember at the start I had I think a whole 2 weeks where I didn't get in the car?
This is my argument about going back to work too. It doesn't happen very suddenly and I'm more than aware of the signs now and know how to deal with them. I've learned to cope with everything a lot better.

Good luck with the rest of the editing. If you get a sudden burst of inspiration and energy will you send some over to me?! ;)
Did you hear back about the last minute shoot? xx

Did my first official Fast day today- 600 cal (went for a mens fast which is 100cal more, since I am 6ft...)
Had fruit for breakfast and trout and salad for dinner, a cadburys hot choc, some gherkins and a few mouthfuls of leftover beef mince for lunch.

Cheeky- you do def sound on top of your illness so am glad you know not to drive at certain times!

+2 was def lack of pooing and naughties yesterday, am not fussed about it. Was craving a chinese today but after yest just said NO and had a strict fasting day and did 10hrs of editing like a good girl! Tomorrow I will have that Chinese though ;)

Didnt hear back from that job but didnt pursue it really either, bit gutted that I handled it badly yesterday when they rang and I was in ikea... But also would have been near impossible to finish the editing to the deadline :/ so probably for the better! Still have sooo much to do and it is my sister's bday on Sun so will need to send it half a day early!

X

I think you should be allowed the extra 100cal on account of being a giant ;) (Hope that's not offensive!! I call my Sister and her boy it all the time....)

Aye I am sensible, I promise. Even remembering to wear my glasses while driving if things are a bit fuzzy :)

Well done on turning down a Chinese and having a fast day. That's some serious will power :D :worthy:

Very glad you powered through you're editing! What you all got planned for your sister's birthday?x

Massive Chinese for dinner, woohooo! Sweet and sour chicken, grilled dumplings, seaweed and a bit of plain rice.. Also picked all the special bits out of G's noodles (all the chicken, shrimp and beansprouts loool)
So that is my syns for today and yest accounted for :D
The grilled veg dumblings were sooo good. They are 60cal each (making them 3 syns each) and I had about 5!! :O plus 8 syns for sweet and sour.
Lunch was small though- one small fillet of trout (150cal) with some iceburg lettuce, breakfast was an apple and mid morning I had a banana so... Probably had under 1300 cal actually! :D

Watched One Hour Photo which I love! Robin Williams plays non comic roles so well too!
Might go and see Bad Grandpa (Johnny Knoxville's latest film) at 11.20pm

Got my edit cut together and am sending that for the client's approval tonight, then have to do sound desin and colour grading... The edit itself was the biggest job though so am glad to have that out of the way! Hopefully she wont want much changed- it's looking good if I do say so myself :D
I have tomorrow and until 2pm on Sunday to do the rest (before sister's bday, she is turning 12 so just a family get together on Sunday and is probably having a joint birthday do with friends later)
But really it needs to be done by tomorrow night as it takes forever to upload- such a huge file! So will get on with that tomorrow. Impressed with myself for getting straight on with it after breakfast though!

Bumped into the guy who owns the flat below today; he lived there for years but now rents it out. Havent seen him in a year sice he moved and he said "you have lost SO much weight!! You look way younger!" LOL :D

Mmmmm your Chinese sounds epic :D I do like dumplings! And not bad syns either really for such a nice meal.

I remember One Hour Photo being really creepy? If I'm remembering it right. And I agree, Robin Williams 'straight' roles are usually fantastic.

Hope you're client wont want much changed after all the work you've done. Must be a bit frustrating when they change things round? You must be used to it tho?

YAY for the compliment :D It's odd that people think you look younger when you've lost weight - I got that a lot too. But when an older person loses weight they seem to get people thinking they look ill and older :confused:

Hope you have a super weekend.xx

It is expected that the client will want changes as it is a collaboration and they only get to see it at this stage rather than throughout- this client is the only person in the video so she gets a bit fussy about how she looks in some shots etc. I havent added many since she came over for an editing session together so hoping not much needs adjusting- she is very fussy though!

Just popped on to say: got my period WOOHOO at last! 1.5 weeks late and I swear PMS has lasted that long too!! But also relieved at that is totally why I got a +2 yest, phew lo (still havent pooped yet since maybe Monday though :/ not cool).
Glad that is has begun so can hurry up and leave already, have been having pains and cravings and mood swings like mad for 10 days already, grrr.

Saw Bad Grandpa tonight! It was OK but not as funny as the old Jackass grandpa stuff and I massively disliked the narrative attempt. The kid was a total natural though!! I did enjoy it and laugh lots but thought it lacked a bit of the creativity/genious of previous Grandpa skits. A few gold moments though including when he projectile sharts in a cafe LOL.

Sadly despite the chinese still was super snacky so ate a meringue (2.5), alpen light and an activia :rolleyes: really need to break that habit!!

I take back the 'woohoo'... PERIOD, UGH, KILL ME.
Tummy ache from hellll :(

I was wondering how long you'd stay happy about getting your period lol! Hope it's not too painful and uncomfortable the whole time.

Good luck with the fussy client :)

Did you snack at the cinema? It's a really hard habit to break. I remember how much stuff I used to go in with, so it has gotten better, but I like sitting down to a film with a few nibbly things. Even if I'm at home. That's why I save a B or some syns for the evening lol.xx

Yep, those post hinese snacks were at the cinema :(
When I saw Nosferatu at the BFI I barely had anything! Like one piece of turkish delight and that was it.. Maybe they put something in the cineworld aircon to make us want nosh :p

Feeling sooo crap today and 0 motivation. Client hasnt gotten back to me with feedback yet and deadline has been extended by a day on her end so it is just going to drag on longer *Sigh*

Back