Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hope sleep pattern settles soon. I went through a spell of having probably about 4/5 hours a night, and I am someone who needs a minimum of 7 hours just to function. Doctor gave me sleeping tablets and the first time I took one I was ok, but the second, OMG, I woke up 'drunk', I was all over the place, staggered into the bathroom and threw up, had to stay off work as there was no way I was safe to drive!

Are you having enough fibre to help with toilet troubles?

Hey matey!
Mince pies are my Christmas nemesis lol!

I'm so sorry things are so strained with G. It doesn't sound like either of you are doing very well at the moment and you're both struggling with the relationship.
I guess you both have to really think about what you want and whether you want to work at this. Sucks being so close to your anniversary and Christmas and everything :(
Wish I had some advice, I really do.
How's it going with you being out so much this week?

Hehe I can't believe you don't walk the 15min from the tube station :p That will really add up and get easier very quickly you know! I walk so much less now that I'm not having to get the bus to work, coz that was a 10/15min walk to the first bus stop and home. And I'd often do shopping after work and walk loads carrying heavy bags!
I was still walking and running quite a bit before I got ill. Honestly, walking is brilliant! And free ;)

That's rubbish about your gain! Can't believe you go for so long without pooping. Must get pretty uncomfortable! :( Hope things move soon and you can re-WI and get a proper result ;)

The writing group party sounded sooooo boring! How you lasted an hour I dunno!xx

I'm here and subscribed and I've spent the last week dipping in and out reading from the start!

Well done on your losses and I hope you manage to sort things out with your relationship one way or the other.

You look fab :)

I want to go to all of the Christmas Markets! I love them but they are so full of bold deliciousness! I thankfully on't like mince pies or mulled wine but the crepes and sweets that you speak of! I want them all! I had a white choc crepe out shopping last weekend. Too amazing! I also would happily sit and eat cheese and crackers every night from now until the new year if I let myself! Which I'm gonna try not do!

I really hope you and your OH can work something out so that you can both be happy! Hopefully some festive cheer might help things along!?

Also sorry about the gain but definitely wait until after you're.. relieved shall we say to take a real reading! x

Jody- that sounds awful! They must have been insanely strong!
I only ever use over the counter stuff as when I spoke to my GP about it she said the perscribed ones are so addictive (you become entirely reliant in them) that she would rather I stuck to Nytol. I get bouts of chronic insomnia but.am fine sometimes for months too.
Getting loads of fibre through veg and am having beans for my HExB pretty much daily :/ discussed this with Cheeky- we both used to poo way more often pre-SW despite having 'less fibre' then...!

Good news is the sennokot kicked in last night and I shifted half a weeks worth ;) LOL sorry for that info.
I am about to re-WI when I find the courage to get out of bed. Annother 3am nihht last night- we got into bed at 1am and just didnt stop chatting for two hours! It's been so non stop that even though we spent all day together today we havent found time to discuss plans for anniversary/xmas/booking this Paris trip for NEXT WEEK!
Safe to say though that this busy week has already done wonders for how I feel about the relationship again. Distraction is always key for my depression too, it has been really paradoxical to be so busy after the slew of 3 months constant editing!
So yeah, I am feeling re-energized about the relagionship again. Distance/space from each other is REALLY important and when I called him out on him smothering me by getting upset about me spending a week busy woth friends etc, he soon stepped back and shut up about it! And now he is realising quite how beneficial it is for him, too, when I go do stuff without him.
Yesterday was Lola's birthday, same sort of chilled family get together as for Lucy's party a couple of weeks ago, but it was less dull for some reason... Less people were there so could talk to my family more I guess!
I was faaaairly giod about what treats I ate but has quite a lot of dried fruit which I know is mega synful! At least fibrous though right?? ;) other than that I had half a small piece of cake (just had the icing, not the spounge, so that was probably gluten free ish heh) and a jacket potato with cheese and *gasp* BAKED BEANS! I always used to hate baked beans and woukd try them ever so.often.and just be like "bleurgh!" as I hated the texture and the sauce. Recently I've been really into other beans though so I was keen to give them a try rather than the mayo soaked tuna sweetcorn option- and loved them!! I did make then rather cheesy though, probably over did the hexA for a EE day but can you have baked beans as a hexB? Could have been a red day if so.
Lunch was leftover spicy chicken meddley with salad and beansprouts. Was so hungry yesterday- all day I was famished!

So excited to buy baked beans now LOL. I want them with my fry up! Cant believe I loved them- my dad always hated them (about the only food he wouldnt eat) so I had started to assume it was in my genes!

Before the party G and I did some xmas shopping which was pretty fun :D enjoyed doing that together and will go today too as there are loads of shops near the cineworld where I am meeting my friend tonight.
Also on the way back from Lola's we went to our huge Tesco where we got some more pressies and a treeee! We're going to deck the halls/etx this afternoon when I get my lazy ass outta bed.

Took my 5htp again for the first time last night and althouhh my mind was buzzing and it took ages to fall asleep, I woke up feeling so well rested for oce and had LOADS of dreams (the 5htp helps your body release seretonin to combat depression and it can trigger extra vivid dreams!)

Cheeky- def going to do the walk more often! Usually am in a rush or have a heavy camera bag so get the very regular bus instead, but yeah- such a waste of money!! I just get sososo bored walking :rolleyes: that time I was reading my kobo which helped pass the time!

Feeling good this morning. Hoping that post-poo re-WI will reduce some of the previous damage now.
Then time for xmassy tree decorating, tidying and Paris booking- woop!

Hello new readers! Great to have you here :D only just saw your posts after refreshing the app!
Wanted to ask- what is everyone's plan for xmas SW-wise?!

I just re-weighed and lost the pound I had gained yest so glad that reduces the dent a bit.

I was talking to G about weight loss for this month- I really wanted to lose more before the anual bozing day do my extended family gather for as I really wanted to be noticably slimmer than when I saw them a month or so ago. Sadly as I have had a rubbish couple of weeks losses wise and have anniversary, Paris and of course xmas coming up, I cant see myself being anything lower than what I am now- at best!!

I think I am going to loosen the reigns a bit and just LET my losses be 0 this month. I think back to Florida and how anal I was with food- trying so hard to be healthy that sometimes I'd end up walking around a theme park starving in searh of a healthy option for 30 minutes!
I had a couple of really memorably nice meals there at the rainforest cafe that make me so happy to reminisce over! That mince pie tge other day has had me sooo happy! Haha. So yeah, G was like "so what if you relax a bit and gain a few pounds over this month of celebrations and festivities? There is no deadline and you are strong willed so will get back on the ball after xmas!" and I just thought- yeah! Why am I rushing? At this point it is goig to be a few pounds at most before xmas- no-one will notice that, I wont be getting into.size 12's for like a stone! And I feel so good about my weight anyway, what difference if my target is delayed by a month?
I realise that really I want to be down 2st~ by April as that is when we plan to travel, so I think I will let myself have the odd treat day now and not freak out about it. I aont go overboard, but on ojr anniversary I want to have nice things for once! And in Paris I want to not be freaking out either. I wont then go and have pizza and stuff when I'm just at home!
So yeah, I'm going to just take a deep breath and say: I may well be back out of ONEderland by Jan but I am going to get a nice big detox happening in the new year and have a good time in the process!
So I have until Monday to be on plan, the day off for anniversary, tues and weds on plan, of to Paris probably Thurs 12th-16th, mum's birthday take out on 18th and G's family meal on 21st, xmas.day, getting drunk on boxing day- phew! I'll probably gain quite a but! But whatever ;) I wont go CRAZY but I will have some nice bits. Just have to limit mince pies!! Haha.

I might panic and change my mind by the time I leave for Paris LOL.

BEANS!!!!!!!!!!! Beans are awesome :D How odd, and good, that your food tastes have changed! When my sister was little she literally lived on burgers, pizza's, and chips. She was kind of a fussy child! But now that she's veggie she will eat almost any veg. Still a bit picky over fruit, but she has mild allergies to fruit like my Dad did - Weirdo's ;)
But yeah, it's incredible how our taste can change. I used to hate, hate, hate cauliflower - anaemic broccoli ;) But now I have it quite a lot and it's awesome baked!!
Ahem, anyway, well done on the food!

About the sleeping pills. I've been on prescription sleeping pills for over 2 years now. I realise that this is unheard of, but I have a decent relationship with my GP, he knows I hate taking stuff and I will reduce things or not take them when I don't need them and stuff like that. They are very addictive, but I guess it depends on the person. Before I got sick I was only taking them when I HAD to sleep - like for work or I was getting up early for something. But coz of my various symptoms stopping me from sleeping I was taking a whole one every night for quite a while, but now I'm down to half a night.
I'm not trying to 'sell' you sleeping pills. I just want to get across that they're not evil and life destroying as a lot of people suggest. For me they're an absolute life saver and means I'm at least getting a few hours sleep a night rather than nothing at all :)

Really glad your Sister's party went a bit better than the last one. And well done on avoiding most of the naughty stuff. Don't know how you do it!

Christmas shopping is so much fun! I miss doing that with a boyfriend, I really do. Well, miss the whole Christmas experience of being with someone! :eek:

Hehe do that walk more often ;) xx

Haha I avoided the naughties at the party because they werent that exciting really! Just marshmallows and hula hoops really!
Am psyched tonsuddenly like beams and fish- I REALLY used ro hate them!! :D I used to hate the taste of all alcohol too- oh how times change tastebuds :p my 8YO sister love the taste of booze- she'll be a right pisshead one day LOL!

Didnt end up xmas shopping as I spent the whole time in prinarni lol! Bought a disney sweater, anchorman tshirt, skirt (3 quid!) and some tights/knee socks.
Saw friend amd went to see Saving Mr Banks which I thought was pretty OK :) was quite emotional at points and I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps/tingles (from happiness) at parts! Emma Thompson sucked though, she really overacted the part and it bugged me throughout and she wasnt believable to me. During the credits they played a tape recording of the actual woman and, yes, she was a prissy douche bag, but the voice recording was way better- it wasnt as unrealistic as Emma T played the role.
I really love Walt Disney (the man himself- he has a really inspiring story!) so it was great to get more insight to him!

Ee today:
____
B- scrambled eggs with hexA cheese, 2 low fat sausages (3 syns), fried onions and baked beans :p 2 syns for ketchup.

L - grapes at cinema

D- a few bits if leftover sushi (3), a sausage (1.5) chopped up and fried with beansprouts and baked beans (weird combo but wasnt bad!) and a small bowl of rice cereal with golden syrup (3) and almond milk (2)

Syns- 14.5
____

Sounds like a lot but under 1000 cal!
Tomorrow I havent got plans for the first time all week (phew!) going to book Paris, decorate the tree and tidy the house as didnt have time today! Also need to sort photos to print for presents!
X

Hi Pinknails :) nice to have you here!

I made the mistake of having an aspartame rich Pepsi Max today, such sugar cravigs now!! I always get them after diet fizzy drinks, anyone else get that?

Red day:
____

Brunch: one sausage (1.5), scrambled cheesy eggs (hexA1), and lots beansprouts for superfree (too lazy to cook proper onions lol!)
Ketchup (1)

Dinner: chicken thighs (marinaded and a free bbq ish sauce) with grilled cheese on top (hexA2), black beans (hexB1), onions, peppers, rocket and spinach.

Snacks: milk and cookies kitkat (5), activia 0%, lots of fresh pineapple and grapes
_____

Really want more chocolate- nooo!

Put the xmas tree up today and booked our Paris trip for 12th-17th :D yay! Also booked two days of Disney tickets WOOO! We're going to go to the Moulin Rouge one evening too and hopefully all the other touristy bits we missed last time we were there two years ago while I was shooting out there. Excited! And gettig the eurostar which is SO much nicer than all the airport crap- phew :D kings cross st pancras is like 25 mins away.

I was really productive today despite having such a busy week- tidied the lounge and hoovered, emptied the litter tray, did some dishes, sorted a mountain of crap on the coffee table and then we watched Alice In Wonderland (original Disney one), nice to have a PJ day!
Early morning ahead tomorrow, going to a local theatre with family then out to lunh at a pizza place (hopefully they will have a meat or fish option!) so will aim to have an early night :)
X

Aspartame (which is in most sweet diet things) makes your body chemically crave sugar, because your body registers the sweetness as sugar so releases insulin which then isnt used up- so sets off a sugar alarm to your body to use it up! There are a lot of conspiracy theories about additives such as MSG and artifical sugar being a way of making people fat by making people crave the bad stuff even more- hence why you rarely see 'naturally sweetened' diet products that use stevia/splenda :/

Diet drinks definitely fill the craving at the time but those days I always notice wanting to stuff myself with chocolate later (and I rarely want chocolate!)
Options hot chocolates and Lilt Zero seem to set me off the most :( they are sooo nice though!!! I try to only have them late in the evening so I can sleep before the proper cravings hit.

So excited for you for Paris lol, it sounds like it is exactly what you and G need at the moment. I havn't been to Paris before but would love to go. I think being more relaxed over the festive period is a must for me, I'm not going to gain a years worth of losses in 3 weeks! If I put a few pounds on I'll just work extra hard in January to get them off.

Re: Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

Totally agree! I think if we relax, the main thing is to get our heads on straight after. I feel diaciplined enough that I could see even a devestating gain and still be able to pick SW back up again.

Today I was pretty good though! We went to see.a.theatre production of The Tiger Who Came To Tea which was one of my favourite stories as a kid- partly because the girl in it is called Sophie too :D it was cute but very kiddy, lots of dancing along to songs etc. After we went out for lunch to a pizza place- I ordered salmon and veg though annoyingly they had drizzled loads of olive oil over the plate!!! Dang, the one time I forget to ask them not to... Will class that as a HexB. It wasnt great though :( pretty bland! I also had a thin slice of garlic pizza bread which had no cheese, was just a really thin triangle with tomato sauce on it, probably around 4 syns. I shared some of my dad's icecream desert, had about half a scoop, so will call that another 5?
But yeah, glad I had something good. WI tomorrow will be the last before plan starts to go pear shaped :p well, tomorrow will be off plan but tues and weds wont, then thurs off to Paris.
Cant explain how good this busy/social week has been for our relationship. So glad that tomorrow wont be like forced smiles etc. It doesnt feel tense right now and I really am looking forward to Paris :D

I woke up at 6.50am today (why?!?) and went to bed at 1.30am so am knackered already. Have been sleeping better since taking the pills but this morning was a weird one.

Went xmas shopping after lunch then came home and G wanted to go to the cinema for a doublr bill. Off to see the new disney film 'Frozen' then the Old Boy remake after if I am not too dead by then.

Sounds like you have had an action packed weekend! I am so jealous you have your tree up, I have no idea if/when I am getting one, I am assuming we are as hubby knows how much I love xmas!

Great news on Paris too, I've never been, was thinking of going but it's somewhere hubby went with his ex and I know it shouldn't matter but it's less appealing now :eek:. I bet a break will do you both good and it sounds like you have some great stuff planned too. I hate having to spend syns on food that isn't that good, I had that problem with the prawn curry I did last weekend and it was such a waste of syns!

Interesting reading your comments about sugar free drinks etc, I have a can of free 7 up most days with lunch, it helps me feel like I'm not on a diet and I can't say I have noticed it bring on huge sweet cravings but I did have 'hungry day' Thursday and just wanted to eat everything, I just blamed being tired lol ;)

Well today I only drank water and squash but had a sugar binge at the cinema! Went for the double bill: Frozen (new Disney film- loved it!) and Old Boy (remake of an asian film G loves - couldnt have been more polar opposite from Frozen lol!) and during them I ate (this was my dinner though!!) : a pack of flying saucers (3 syns), beef jerky (1.5), two mini packets of buttons (10), half a pack of snackajacks (2.5), two babybells (hexa1+part 2), grapes and two satsumas. :| Plus had two sausages for breakfast so that's 20 syns for the day!
I'm scared that if I log my anniversary food tomorrow/Paris food it might upset the cravings of some of you and be really unmotivational to newbies :/ probably wont really log paris stuff anyway to be honest!

WI tomorrow, have pooped so am hopeful :p

I'll be joining you in angel week, pinknails!

-1lb today for midweek WI, am now 14st2 so still a poumd heavier than two weeks ago *sigh* that gain wasnt warranted but has taken over 2 weeks to disappear!? Makes me scared to actually let loose with the plan this month as if that happens from a normal week...!

I think I am going to have to re-address things after Paris. Perhaps this whole gluten free carbs thing isnt actually working so well and I need to get back on Red... :(

Not sure what we are going to do for anniversary today as I feel really tired still. Might head to Winter Wonderland via a nice meal out but... *shrug*! As usual nothing is planned for anniversary.

Hey matey!
Wow you've been busy :D
It really sucks that you get such horrible sugar cravings. They sound so difficult to deal with :( I mist admit I've never had them and I think I keep Coca Cola in business :eek: My friend keeps going on at me that I may have aspartame poisoning, but I don't eat or drink /that/ much stuff with it in. I have cut my Coke right back and maybe have a couple of Options/Highlights a week. I know it sneaks in to everything tho! Difficult when we're "supposed" to have diet products!

You must be so excited about Paris?! Can't wait to see your photographs :D

I'm so excited about Frozen! Seriously can't wait :D

Hope you have a lovely day today, whatever you end up doing.xx

Back