Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

You're going to be exhausted! Sounds like one of my holidays lol! But it sounds fantastic mate :D
Really glad you're enjoying it, even with a horrible cold!
Lotsa love.xx

Hey hunny, FINALLY caught up on the last few weeks! Hope you're having a fab time in Paris, though if I remember the dates I think you're coming home today? Sounds like you've had an amazing holidays and the pics on FB and ********* look awesome, I can't imagine anywhere more romantic than Paris at Christmas time!

Like others have said, don't worry too much about the scales, you're going to get straight back on plan and get it all off in Jan. I feel in the same boat at the moment as I bet a lot of us do, it's so hard to be 50% on plan, but with all the xmas meals and celebrations every other day that's what it feels like. I'm just trying to enjoy it and not worry too much about the consequences. Sounds daft but I've actually been looking forward to today as I've nothing 'foody' on so I can enjoy a healthy on plan day for a change! I bet in January after eating all the rich foods we'll be absolutely loving the light soups, fruits and salads.

Hope you have a safe trip home and England isn't too disappointing compared to the delights of Paris! It took me a week after Prague to come back down to reality, I just wanted to book the next flight back out! xx

Hey guys! Am back and had an absolutely fantastic time in Paris :D am petrified to WI though! I still have a cold and * week is a SUPER heavy one so I know those will just make things worse- am going to wait until Monday now.
Yesterday was mum's bday and had a pub lunch- went for a dairly good main (chicken and rice.dish) but had a glass of rosè and a big rich desert of 'chocolate millionaire's brownie with ice cream and fusge sauce' ooooh my god! It was amazing! But probably 30 syns!!
Anyway! I wrote down everything I ate all week and will paste it into here so I can track how much damage how much caused :p G's bday on the 21st so more festive food out, and a meal out with friends tonight- eek!
Paris pics to come! X

Glad you had an awesome time, weighing in later makes sense too, no reason to get all disheartened when by Monday things should be a lot better. I didn't weigh in 'till the week after my hols and rather than having a gain to contend with was very happy with a -2.5lbs. Think we're in sync this month as it's my * week too! I keep crossing my fingers that I get that biggie loss I usually get after * week, isn't that when you normally have a fabby result too? I really hope so 'cos would give us a nice little boost of motivation before going into battle with Christmas food next week! x

YAY! Welcome back mate :D Can't wait to see your pics! It sounded like so much fun :D

Sorry to hear about time of the month being so heavy! And the cold still clinging on :(

Ah, you'll lose whatever gain you get after Christmas. You know you will! And I know you'll hit the red days and get it gone in no time :) xx

Thanks for the motivational comments! :D
Yeah I'm not toooo fussed, but I know I'll be retaining water for both period and cold so would be worse than expected!
Didnt have meal out with friends tonight so had a 100% on plan red day with a subway salad for lunch and a bacon amd egg salad for dinner, 4 syns for a light choc mouse and 3 syns for subway sauce- otherwise a fairly low cal day!! Started going mad in Tesco wanting all the pastries and chocolates on offer though but resisted :rolleyes:

Another busy day today xmas shopping, seeig a friend, food shop and sorting photos to print for the xmas pendants I am making for fam. Tomorrow my friend cancelled so PHEW- a PJ day to chill!!

My xmas outfit is coming together :D well, boxing day outfit- that is when the whole huge extended fam comes together for a party and I want to look awesome! Bought a dress in Paris and a sequinned cardi to go with it today :D yay! I have a pic on my phone somewhere vut cant upload it on the app. Will do a photos post tomorrow and catch up on other diaries as I'll hopefully have some rest time! Havent stopped moving and being busy for weeks now! Phew.
X

Woops, didnt have time for the pics update yesterday! Spent all day wrapping presents and making the photo pendants (presents for family- pics of their kids in a glass coated pendant to hang on the tree) which turned out really well actually :D yay.
Literally spent all day doing that and watching disney films in the background :D watched Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella and James and the Giant Peach! :D

Food yesterday was good! High syn Red day but fairly low cal as I skipped dinner.
Breakfast was a banana and 35g of coco shreddies (screw gluten free lol) lunch was scrambled cheesy eggs with kidney beans, fried onions and peppers, one chicken frankfurter (2.5), ketchup (2) and a light choc mousse (3)
Skipped dinner but did have a hard boiled egg and 3 chocolate brazil nuts (5 syns?) and half a curly wurly- had a sweet tooth day!

G's birthday today (currently wn route to see his family) so had pancakes for breakfast :D I made him 5 but had just one myself- 6 syns (betty crocker mix so had calorie info) with 1 syn for golden syrup.
Pub lunch out and menu wasnt too friendly (really dont want a ceasar salad!) but will try and choose well! Then 100% on plan until xmas day!

I bought a nice sparkly ring and bracelet from New Look and Prinarni the other day- thr bracelet was 4.50 but I love it so much! It falls a third of the way down my forearm which makes me feel skinny LOL! Bracelets always used to be tight on my wrist if they fit at all! Also it is white silver coloured and makes my skin look more tanned hehe. Amazing how nice a cheap piece of jewellery can make one feel lol! The ring was 2 quid and matches it well too. Everything I tried on the other day was a 14 and fit! :D eeee!

Hey matey!

It's hard work avoiding nice things when food shopping if you've had some time off. It chips away at your will power!! So well done for avoiding the pastries in Tesco. They wouldn't be as nice as Paris I'm sure ;)

Your Boxing Day outfit sounds really nice :D I do sort of miss dressing up for Christmas, but don't miss the running all over the place seeing family. We have a bit of a friend tradition now where we all go the pub Christmas Eve. It started with my Sister's massive group of friends, seriously there's over 50 of them! And then I've started bringing my friends too. Maybe next year I should get a Christmas Eve outfit ;)

The photo presents for your family sound really sweet. I'd LOVE them of my animals!! Coz I'm proper sad and don't like kids. Or have any kids. Be a bit weird if my Christmas tree had pictures of kids hanging off it..... :p

A high syn red day is infinitely better than an off plan day, so don't be too hard on yourself. Think you're doing really well. I totally sympathise with the after holiday munchies!

Happy Birthday to G :bday:

I used to have chunky wrists, but now the chubbiness is gone they're actually very slim. I really struggle finding bracelets to fit my wrists and end up using the last notch on watch straps and stuff. I used to wear loads of bracelets but because they're so big now and move round my arm I've kinda given up! I have really skinny ankles as well LOL!
It is amazing how something like that can make you feel though. I remember trying on some rings in H&M - I'd never shopped in there - and the large were too big. I was so amazed!
It's so awesome that you're finding all these things out and I'm glad you're noticing them because I thought I was a bit nuts :p Well, more than I am!

Hope you and G have had a brilliant day today.
Lotsa love to you both.xx

Thanks Gilljo :D great to.have you here!

Cheeky- I am so psyched to dress up on Boxing day! My whole extended family (there's like 100 of them!) are going to my dad's house for the anual family party and a bunh of them havent seen me since I lost any weight so I am excited to be all dressed up and feeling great :D
You should def treat yourself to a nice xmas eve dress! Sounds like a lot of fun :D I never really do friendsy stuff around xmas, always being fought over between parents and now G's too!

Yesterday I test run my more casual xmas outfit at G's birthday- it is a maroon 'skater dress' shape with an interesting texture- has these tiny bobbles and occasional sequins so it sparkles a bit! It's so gay that I like sparkly things LOL like a kid! But I felt really good in it and when I left the lunch table to go to the loo I overheard G's mum say "She's looking so slim!" :D she often says stuff too loudly when people are still in earshot LOL but it made my day! G and I didnt think she had noticed my weight loss before because she isnt very observant :p was grinning so much in the loos! :p

So many syns yest- ahhh! I chose a good meal- herb crusted cod with veg (no butter). It had a herby/breadcrumby layer but not thick or oily and I scraped half of it off anyway. Buuut I had 3 peices of prawn tempura with sauce (shared starter thing), a scoop of honeycomb icecream with about a 5th of G's big oozing brownie (took everything in me not to order it myself!) and FOUR glasses of red wine! That's 24 syns just for the wine- oops! I needed it though! Driving through the heavy rain on the motorway really shook me up! We went through a couple of puddles at 70mph that caused us to lose control of the car and G suddenly turned off at the last second thinking we nearly missed our turning and VERY nearly crashed into the car in front and the car behind had to swerve- so scary! So the wine helped :p
After lunch we went back to G's parents' house and played the boardgame 'Going for Broke' which was really fun! You have to lose all of your money to win :D I had a fairly decent sized slice of chocolate cake and later we had a cheese fondue!! I mainly dipped yellow pepper into it but yeah... About 6 hexA's worth of cheese :rolleyes: and maybe 5 syns of french bread. Soooo looking at about 70 syns yest (total guess) - crap!! :p didnt overeat or anything though... *lame reasoning* haha. Really enjoyed it all :D

Today I am forcing a detox low cal day!

PARIS TRIP PICTURES:
(totally out of order and stolen from my InstaG ;) sorry for those who've already been spammed by these on there and fb!)

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.35.29.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.41.48.png
^G really loved that camel! Circus zoo.

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.42.03.png
^Big top!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.42.42.png
^Rainforest Cafe :D <3

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.44.05.png
^Disney Studios ride

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.44.17.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.45.06.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.45.21.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.45.34.png
^Big Thunder Mountain ride at Disney!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.45.47.png
^Jack Skellington!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.45.56.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.46.09.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.46.25.png
^View during the climb up Notre Dame towers
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.46.40.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.46.59.png
^Notre Dame gargoyle/view
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.47.21.png
^Feeding the tame birdies at Notre Dame- I always love doing this here!!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.47.38.png
^Me and G at the top of Notre Dame
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.47.54.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.41.37.png
^Circus attraction - look carefully, there is a man on top of that contraption which was spinning fast and he was running around it doing flips!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.41.17.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.35.41.png
^Huge slabs of chocolate at the market!

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.35.55.png
^Chocolate fondue at Haagen Dazs :D mini ice cream scoops, brownie and cookie bites to dip in it!!
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.36.06.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.36.15.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.36.31.png
^G on the Eiffel Tower
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.36.43.png
^Eiffel Tower view (from half way up- it was sadly too cloudy at the top to see ANYTHING!)
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.36.59.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.37.18.png
^Someone had written our initials in the loo at the very top of the Eiffel Tower lol!
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.37.30.png
^At the top with clouds behind us
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.37.57.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.38.21.png
^Trocadero
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.38.46.png
^Disney Parade!
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.39.21.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.40.17.png
^It's a Small World (Disney ride)
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.40.41.png
^Thunder mountain (we went on it twice hehe!)
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.40.51.png
^Fireworks behind the Disney castle
Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.41.01.png
^This is what we have in store for the next Star Wars films now that Disney have bought the rights... ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.48.07.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 12.48.07.png
    503.7 KB · Views: 51
Here's a list of what I ate in Paris; I jotted it down on a memo app each night before bed so excuse how brief it all is but I didn't want to bore everyone with oodles of details. Tomorrow morning I'll see what the damage was... Eek!

PARIS FOOD DIARY:

Thurs food:

B (at home) : Oat cereal with golden syrup and banana

L (snacks on the move) : Beef jerky
Apple
3/4 pack mentos (fruity)
1 Vin Chaud (like mulled wine)
Half weird eggy cake treat (was really nice!)
Few bites of G's hotdog in french bread (maybe 1/4 of it)
Half a cheese coated pretzle
Half a baby bel
Half an onion soup with two small 1" slices of french bread

D (made in apartment) : Pasta with cheese for dinner
Big bite of pan au chocolat

Fri food:

B: porridge + banana

L (limited options on the Eiffel Tower) : Half a cup of chicken thai soup
Half a big salted pretzel
Half a nutella coated waffle ;)
Half a haagen dazs fondue (roughtly one regular scoop of ice cream when mini ones were combined, few brownie/cookie bites, choc sauce
Half chicken and racclette take away dish from the market (not great so ditched half of it)
3 choc truffle testers and small nougat/cheese/sausage testers at market
Cheesy scrambled eggs with some chorizo and red pepper for dinner at the
apartment

Sat food:

B: porridge with jam and banana, apple

L: Chicken (fajita dish minus wraps/guac/sauces) with mexican rice
Two small churros
Sour sweets (10 wide laces)

D: Cheese Fondue with half pretzel (500cal + 150 for half pretzel?)

Sun food:

B: Activia, banana, bowl of bran flakes with milk

L: Uncle bens mex rice with red pepper, raclett and small amount of dried sausage (in apartment)

D: Two big bites of G's hot dog in french bread (at Circus)
Beef jerky
A few fruit Polos
2x alpen light
2 x small glass red wine

Mon food:

B: Bran flakes with milk and banana

Snacks: Icelolly (95cal twister = 5 syns)
Half a curlywurly (6 syns)

Lunch at Rainforest cafe: chicken and prawn curry with rice (creamy sauce)

Snacks for dinner: Activia 0%
Glass of red wine = 6 syns
One stick of kinder bueno 139cal = 7 syns

Tues food:

B: Porridge, milk, banana, honey

L (gourmet 3 course meal) : Small glass rosé
Goats cheese (grilled) with a small piece of toast, salad
Beef borginon with rice
Two bites chocolate cake

Snacks: Half brownie
3/4 vin chaud

Dinner on Eurostar: Sushi
mini choc buttons (4 syns)
Alpen light

________

WOOPS! ;) All thoroughly enjoyed though!

WI isn't looking good.... Cold has finished up as has period pretty much though so should be a bit better than it would have been on Thurs- but yesterday and Mum's bday were naughty too so really I'm praying for no more than a couple of pounds on, but expecting more :( MIRACULOUS LOSS PLEASE?! haha x

Looks like you had a fantastic trip!! Do you feel things are better with G after some time away and out of the flat?
Your outfits sound fab and yay for the compliment from G's mom.
Foods sound awesome, try to not let whatever WI result you have take the happiness and positivity away from the fab time in Paris and family times. I know how hard it is but I really believe that there is no point losing weight to feel better about ourselves If it stops us from enjoying life. X

Wise words Summer!! I am so very much enjoying loosening the reins a bit, I need to experiment and find a balance as I want to be able to treat myself when at target without freaking out about a gain! I feel so 'normal' now size wise that I dont mind slowing things down over xmas but I do feel a bit of pressure as every time I see my fam they ask what I have lost :rolleyes: but screw that, festivities and then focus!

I had a really great time with G and it did ease things a lot. I have been so crazy busy that it is such a contrast from the months indoors working at home- feels great to have some change!

Hey hun, love the Paris pics, you look so awesome no-one would ever think you had more weight to lose! Like Summer has said don't get too disheartened about weigh in on Monday, in another week when xmas and new years are over with you'll get any gains off in a couple of weeks. Plus, looking at your Paris food it's not like you went mad or anything, especially with all the walking you were doing round Paris and the parks!

I bet the comment from G's Mum felt great, I went to the pics this week with Chris's Mum and Auntie and it was quite embarrassing really as they were so full of praise for how I'm doing. I just can't wait to see their faces in 9 stones time!! Boxing day outfit sounds amazing, looking forward to see the pics and hearing how it went!

I'm joining you today with the detox day, if there's any hope of a loss or STS this week I need to be pretty much perfect for the next couple of days. So hard though when there's xmas food EVERYWHERE!

Hey mate!
Those pics are amazing. I think my favourite is the view and gargoyle from Notre Dame :D
But you look absolutely incredible!! You and G look really happy and relaxed too. Looks like you had a really lovely time.

I'm so not looking at your food from Paris. I read a little bit and started drooling ;) Will just be torture to read that!! I did read your food for G's birthday and I have to say that you did really well. You're very restrained with food, much more than I ever am!

Good look with WI tomorrow, but really don't stress about it too much. I'm glad you feel better about letting it go a little and trying to find a balance between SW and being 'normal'. I desperately want to lose the weight I've put on this year and get back to where I was. Will start that in the new year. But once I'm back to where I was I think I need to work out a balance too. We can do it :D

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK!!??! I LOST 5LBS IN PARIS!!! OMG!!! :D:D:D

Hahahaha WTF!? I really was DREADING a big gain- but in the past 11 days (food dairy of bad things in Paris above as well as the wine, cake, fondue and ice cream on G's birthday and wine, brownie and ice cream on mum's bday...) I SOMEHOW LOST 5lbs!! *dies*

Well :rolleyes: after xmas it will probably be back on!
All I can imagine is that all the walking and stuff helped balanced the food? Also, this week (post period) is usually my big loss week, so I am glad I waited rather than as soon as I got home! SO excited though :D I am 13st 13lbs now! 1lb away from 6.5 stone award! After a month of going up and down while ON plan I REALLY wasn't expecting a -5!!
Woohoooooo!
x

Back