Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey matey!
We do silly things sometimes! Like the good old "I must eat all the stuff in the house now so I can start being good tomorrow" I'm guilty of that about a zillion times over lol.
It is difficult when you think you have this one chance to do something, but there will always be other Chinese days :)
Nice to see you enjoying your food and not putting pressure on yourself. Hopefully red days will get you back in to the swing of things and take some pressure of you.

Sounds like you had a really nice day :) I do love sitting in cafe's with my friends. Or just by myself reading. Not done that for aaaages actually! Prob not since before I started dating John maybe?! Will have to re-visit that soon I think :)

Very glad you're feeling a little better. Muchos love.xx

Ps. have done loads of poo's recently ;) *sorry everyone else*

Hello Petal,

I understand completely, we confine ourselves to a certain way of thinking and completely forget the bigger picture! Your lunch sounds lovely! Did you use any herbs/spices in particular? I've found it so important to enjoy the food I'm eating...especially when I know my OH might be having something naughty like a kebab! I need to know my meal will be just as nice/nicer than his otherwise I'll crack!

I'm a big fan of the café culture! Drinking coffee and people watching - a perfect way to procrastinate!

Oooooh, so you're a writer! That's why your diary is so well written! What sort of things do you write?

Enjoy your red week! x

Hey guys!

Yeah, looking back now it's like "That was a very silly way of thinking!" (re: Chinese scenario!) hehe.
I enjoyed another stress free red day today and my spicy chicken was great again! MissSophie- in it I used loads of paprika, 3 whole chilis, some dark soy sauce, and the odd dash of worchester sauce and balsamic vinegar and about a tablespoon of Sweet Chilli sauce in the whole 4 portions (I love a sweet/spicy kick to things!). I cooked onions until they were soft first, then added peppers, a grated carrot and the chicken. Mmm :) just a random concoction really- basically I make things super spicy so that the quark goes nicely as a flame douser haha!
Thanks for the compliment about my writing- I just ramble on here! Haha :D
I'm a fiction novelist, I like to just write and write with no structure and explore character development and scenarios... Usually with a romantic plot :p

I'm going to make an effort to do more cafe writing- it's so nice to get out of the house and space from G when I write, on weeks like this when we're in all day every day it gets overwhelming and I become quite antisocial :/ have been quite low energy today and snapping at him for nothing just because I don't really want him in my space (and he follows me around wagging his tail like a puppy :( *feels bad*)

RED:
_____
B: All bran (HexB1), activia, banana, strawberries and blueberries all together in a bowl :D yum!
L: Spicy Chicken dish with loads of salad and spinach on the side, quark and black beans (half HexB2). 1 syn for dressing.
D: Another bowl of all bran (Hex B2 + 3 syns, HexA1), some chicken slices with pickle (1), blueberries, cucumber (random as f*ck dinner LOL)
Snacks: ANOTHER bowl of all bran :/ just having one of those days where it's all I've wanted!! (+6 with golden syrup), mini pack choc buttons (4.5), options hot choc with mini marshmallows (3), nesquik (4 + HexA2)
_____
So like 20 syns because I over Hex'd! Sigh. Oh well, dinner wasn't huge, just a really snacky day... Comfort snacking, sadly! :/

WI tomorrow. Am so unpleasantly gassy (sorry for that info!) from all the bloody fibre today lol! I hope I pass one before I WI :p Cheeky- give me some of your poo luck!!

x

Woke up feeling unwell- G too! Sore throats, muccusy, headache, glands up and lungs feeling tight... Wasnt looking forward to WI! Also hadnt pooed in days... But lost 4lbs of the 5lb gain :) phew! Am back to 13st9, 1lb above my lightest last week. Think *week is due by around Mon WI, but hopefully if I am a little more careful in Dubai I can get a loss the week after.

So relieved the gain has evened out so quickly!

Hi Hun

I am back (again!) with a brand spanking new diary (link on siggy below), I have vowed to stay on here, even if I do balls up, as opposed to slinking away and hiding like a naughty girl!

I love the idea of writing a novel, but I wouldn't know where to start - I think getting out of the house is key for you and G, esp. if you are both there together all the time, i think i would suffer from cabin fever badly. Esp. if G is anything like Mick and he is a bit of a slob and doesn't see the things that need doing around the house....:mad: - does he do the same as you career wise?

Well done for losing the 4lbs this week, great news. I also love your random daily meals! You love your cereals dont you? I really like all bran, I like steeping them in the cold milk, and then taking a mouthful and sucking them dry :)eek:) before chewing! And they are great with syrup or honey. But hey that's just me.... I may have some tomorrow for brekkie now.....#

Have a good day!

No poo luck?!!

But an excellent loss anyway :D Well did!! When are you back in Dubai again?

You and G probably picked up another bug? :( Hope you feel better soon.

I do think time apart seems really important for you and G. As always, it's a shame he doesn't have friends he can go hang out with!xx

Yey for the 4lb loss, boo to the cold! I knew you'd get the gain shifted pretty quickly but it's amazing how well you've done in a few days, I guess most of it must have been water, crazy how much we can retain.

It'd drive me mad if I was stuck in the house all the time with Chris. I used to work with him at a medical insurance company and spending all day sat next to him and then weekends/evenings was just too much. I loved it at the time as it was just when we'd just got together, but since having that separation during the day I've realised how important distance really is. At least you get a break away from him in Dubai next week! So sad that he hasn't got any friends of his own, why is that? Is he just not very social? I have periods sometimes of a few weeks where I don't really feel like doing social stuff, but usually it's because I'm so busy with uni and a deadline or something. I can't imagine what its like to only have your partner to turn to for social stuff. Bless him x

Hi Hun

I am back (again!) with a brand spanking new diary (link on siggy below), I have vowed to stay on here, even if I do balls up, as opposed to slinking away and hiding like a naughty girl!

I love the idea of writing a novel, but I wouldn't know where to start - I think getting out of the house is key for you and G, esp. if you are both there together all the time, i think i would suffer from cabin fever badly. Esp. if G is anything like Mick and he is a bit of a slob and doesn't see the things that need doing around the house....:mad: - does he do the same as you career wise?

Well done for losing the 4lbs this week, great news. I also love your random daily meals! You love your cereals dont you? I really like all bran, I like steeping them in the cold milk, and then taking a mouthful and sucking them dry :)eek:) before chewing! And they are great with syrup or honey. But hey that's just me.... I may have some tomorrow for brekkie now.....#

Have a good day!

Hey love! Fantastic that you're back! Def stay on here and just post, even if you don't feel proud of what you're eating, we can still be here to support you and everyone goes through rough patches. Cool that you're sounding positive though! Will check your diary in a minute!

Getting out of the house is definitely key... I go so stir crazy! G isn't a slob luckily- I'M the slob LOL! He does most of the house work *whistle* :p but he doesn't really do work-work, where I am almost constantly working on paid projects.
Man I love cereal!! I think it's really key to me staying on track :p I just LOVE IT! Especially covered in golden syrup ;) or honey... maple syrup... *drool* Great that there is so much variety we can have on SW... I'm really into the All Bran Yoghurty Flakes one but it's nearly finished and have only seen it at Asda which is no-where near me, dang!

Cheeky- I just pooed! So that would have been the extra pound of gain off surely ;)
Hoping the bug is just what it is today, seems like it could be... Just tiredness and a bit of a sore throat- hasn't gotten worse throughout the day but G seems more affected and has spent most of the day in bed. Guess it kinda explains my lethargy this week and why my energy has been so low!
Def need space from him... It's weird that he doesn't seem to need space from me though. He is such an introvert and can't be around others for long at all, but he can be with me every hour of the day every day of the week for years and not be phased! While I'm snapping at him/practically strangling him/slamming doors :p
Off to Dubai Weds morn - Sat night next week.

CT - Am really relieved it has shifted fast as I really didn't want to be put back ANOTHER week by Dubai... My mum was saying how alcohol on flights will particularly make one water retain as you need to drink extra on flights as it is- not dehydrate yourself with booze! Oops :p I generally wasn't drinking enough water out there either as at home I carry 1L bottles of squash around but there I only had the small hotel supplied water bottles and couldn't have tap water in the room.
It's always kinda nice to have space from G in Dubai though! He's always like "I wish I could come with you..." and I'm like "I'm not!" haha!
His friends situation is mainly because he's really stiff and awkward around people to start with- once he eases up to them he's fine, but this has made it difficult for him to meet people in the first place. On top of that, the main factor, he just doesn't like most people :p and he has no interest in being social with anyone other than me and his parents! He's not THAT socially retarded or anything, he just gets drained from it and would rather not... So doesn't make an effort to meet new people or meet up with people he half knows but doesn't really like. He gets on really well with my friend Dan though which is cool :) their MBTI types match well! G is an INTJ and Dan is an ENTP. Actually, on the MBTI topic, INTJ's are renowned for having no friends (or very few), they usually are seen as total loners but really it's because they just hate most people lol! Nothing like your type, INFJ though! They're lovely and usually popular because they're so caring :)
If G could have animal friends he'd be popular ;) he definitely gets on best with kids and animals! He'll make a great dad, fo sho.

I got quite excited this afternoon at the prospects of starting an online travel journal when I go away. I love writing (I swear I can write better than the teen angst crap I post on here when I construct things a bit better!) and I'll be taking killer photos to post into a journal too! I think actually that travel writing could be something I'm quite good at, so it'll be cool to have something to aim towards while traveling and work on during looong trains around China and whatnot! And then maybe when I'm back I can use it as a portfolio to show companies, see if I can get a commissioned piece or something published... Would be so cool!

I really love writing descriptively (and not just about my poo's, ahem!) especially about the energy of a place... I'm so excited to get started :D I might try doing some trips to random places in London and making it like my task to write descriptively as if I were traveling there...
I've just ordered a new ipad keyboard (shift key on mine broke and it was a bit cheap and rubbish anyway) but we're looking at maybe taking a laptop anyway to transfer photos... Either way, will have a lot of time on long train journeys and it'll be a really cool way to pass time during those as well as keep a record of what I'm sure will be a fantastic trip, and potentially work towards something I can publish!
You guys'll read it, right? RIGHT? ;) I'm not going to be whinging about calories on that, I promise!
x

Well done for your loss!

I know how you feel with G! Fabien and I live in a small appartment and sometimes I just need spaaaaace. Normally on Thursday nights he's out training until midnight and so I get a nice relaxing evening to myself, in the house to chill and do nothing in particular other than be alone but alas! I came home tonight to find him home already! Needless to say I didn't hide my dissappointment and so he went and had a kebab with his friend :D

Your blog idea sounds amazing :) I'll definitely read it :D

x

You know I will read your travel blog and ooh and aaah at your photo's. I love looking at people's holiday photo's!!
I think a few small local trips to get your flowing is an excellent idea :D

It's a shame G isn't more socially compatible. I couldn't imagine not having my own friends. I mean I would always share them with a guy, but I would want time alone with them or just time alone!!xx

Ah I wish G had a weekly reason to be out for the evening! Usually I throw a strop and he goes for a lone cinema trip just to give me space hehe :p
Travel Show at Earls Court tomorrow- am so excited! We have free tickets too, bonus!
I dont think G will be well enough but I wont mind going on my own, there is a travel writing talk in the morning and 'extreme food zone' with free samples :D yay!

Red day today:
_______
B- activia 0, banana, blueberries
L- home made beef and bacon burgers with HexA cheese and HexB wholemeal rolls- YUM! Fried onions and raw spinach for SF, 2 syns for lots of ketchup
D- bowl of HexB2 cereal with hexA2 soya milk +6 syns for extra cereal and golden syrup
Snacks - mini choc buttons (3.5), cadbury tea cake (3), home made ice pop from NAS squash (freeee), strawberries

Syns: 14.5
_______

I realise now that I dont at all mind over Hex'ing or over synning if I am aware of my calories/meals a bit... Like, often I'd have a big meaty dinner than a HexB dessert, so to have a double bowl of cereal instead of the extra 500cal hot food really isnt a big deal to me anymore. Interesting to realise this stuff... I would probably lose weight living off cereal, and wouldnt mind doing that for a week LOL

Thanks for the nice comments about the loss, doesnt feel like a loss really since it was just debloating from the post trip gain... But am very happy it has gone!

Glad to hear you'd read me travel journal :D yippee!

Maybe you should convince him he needs some alone time once a week to go to the cinema ;) It will do him good :p

Did G go with you today to the travel show? Hope you had fun :D

Maybe you should do cereal days instead of fast days ;) That would be interesting!! Cereal is awesome! My favourite cereals aren't really SW friendly tho - Coco Pops, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Muesli, and Shreddies! Or at least not decent portions for Hex/syns!

Do you have any nice weekend plans?
Hope G's feeling a bit better.xx

Travel blog sounds awesome! Looking forward to reading it, bet it'll get me into the idea of visiting China too by the sounds of it! How was the travel show today? Hope the exotic food wasn't too crazy, I'd have to draw the line at insects and such like.

My first fast day today was a disaster, sooo much admiration for how you do it. I guess im just not in the right headspace yet for fasting, might be something I revisit several stones into the future when I'm nearer goal. I want to manage a day just for the accomplishment now. It never seemed as hard on Cambridge for some reason! Totally get what you mean now though about people freaking out about fasting, one 600 calorie day and from a couple of the well meaning msgs I got you'd think I was turning anorexic - mental!

Travel show was great I ATE INSECTS :D OMG.
Crickets were nice- tasted like Wotsits lol! Sort of a poofy crunch and the taste was OK too. Giant ants however were DISGUSTING! So strong tasting, EURGH! I felt ill!
I also had some really REALLY nasty cheese (worst I've ever had!) which tasted like farm smell- like manure!! I felt so ill after that and the taste didn't go away for AGES! I tried to wash it down with this huge oreo muffin/cupcake sort of thing but it didn't really work and I wasted the cake/calories :( didn't have the whole thing, probably just over half (it was MASSIVE though) but that was my syns for the day already wiped!
For lunch I had an asian salad though; it was done badly and tasted crap, really not great :/ only ate half and it was £6 too! The food options for non taster places at the travel show sucked! But at least I got something syn free (didn't seem to even have dressing!) and stuck to a red day.

The travel show itself was really good- we spoke to loads of tourism reps and stuff, got information about certain places, where they recommended, how easy it was to get about, what trains needed planning and which we could just hop on, prices of places, etc. Really useful!!
We went to a couple of photography talks too- one on photographing festivals (hated the guy speaking, everything he said was SO basic as if the audience hadn't picked up a camera before, and he seemed pretty douchey generally) then the second was that guy again (argh!) saying all the same stuff, plus another guy talking about wildlife photography- he was awesome! He showed some really useful comparisons between his successful and not successful photographs, he was really funny too! He'd be like "See this picture of the lepoard cubs?" Crowd: "Aww...!" Speaker: "it's CRAP!" LOL. But he'd explain why it was boring and then show another version that was better composed, more interesting, explaining why... it was useful! The other speaker just showed loads of mediocre pictures but this guy had AMAZING ones! So that was really cool :)
Every 15 mins they had a different taster at a different part of the exhibition, so I managed to get a few freebies in and did eqt about 6 tortilla chips with guac and some beany sauce and cheesy sauce :rolleyes: naughty...
Going back on Sunday to this travel show I think as there are three interesting sounding talks ('underwater realm' so diving and stuff, one wildlife photography talk and one on interesting things to do in Japan) plus a couple of the girls I'm going to India with have expressed interest and we can ask guides and stuff for info and tips and hopefully get some better ideas that way. I've got 4 more complimentary tickets that we found there (seems like pretty much no-one is actually paying to go there haha) so all free which is good!

When we got home I was debating going out as it was my friend's bday and she invited me clubbing (but I'd thought it was the next day!) but I was knackered from a crap night's sleep and waking up early (and being on my feet all day at the exhibition), also the thought of drinking lots when I knew I'd oversynned AND had Sat drinking plans looked bad... So I decided to stay in instead and we spent hours looking up getting between places we're traveling to; wether it was worth stopping at South Korea for a day or two or if it would cost an extra fortune (turns out it's CHEAPER to do that then fly from Japan to Beijing!!) and comparing other trains vs flights in China. Was really cool to get some progress there, as we realise the efforts for some places aren't really worth it (if it's costing loads especially) but then finding other places along the way that are nearby and worth seeing... Trying to work things out in order so we can figure what sort of date we'll be getting to each country. We're looking at leaving on maybe the 25th of March now! As that's when the Cherry Blossom in Japan starts! OMG so soon!! And we're also looking at maybe spending some time in Indonesia after where it's super cheap (like £4 MAX a night for a room) so we could stay in the jungle and explore wildlife and take it easy there without masses of costs by the sounds of it! Would be so cool :) especially if so many places we're sort of breezing through to try and get lots in, will be nice at the end to have a base and just explore more leisurely without time pressure or nasty train journeys! Hoping to get a few days of nice beach relax time at some point in Thailand too ;) to recuperate after 2 months on the road! The trip is looking like probably 3 months now- yikes! :D my friend said she's up for staying at ours to cat sit, will see her tonight and ask if 3 months+ would be pushing it, but sounds like she's really grateful to have the place rent free and it coincides with her getting home from her 'emotional rehab' place.

So tonight is her bday and we're getting together for lots of drinks, pizza (will try and resist!), games and general fun... then might go out after if she feels like it, but probably just watch movies and play wii games really.
I just looked up calorie info for the white wine I nabbed on the flights to/from Dubai recently- have so many mini bottles now! Turns out Sauvignon blanc is one of the lowest calorie wines going- score! So apparently for a mini 187ml bottle (1.8 glasses of wine) it's 150 cal = 7.5 syns! Cool :D on the flights I have about FOUR of these to get really drunk though, so that would be 60cal/30 syns - still much less than the 50syns I'd flexi this time last year for all the vodka I'd need to get drunk... though altitude helps get drunk quicker so 4 bottles might not be enough :p but anyway, I'm going to take that rather than drinking vodka as LAST TIME I ended up doing SO many shots and it was not fun cleaning up the vomit the next day lol! This way I can keep track a bit better, even if I have 5 mini bottles (37.5 syns).
I'm going to have home made burgers again for lunch and then no dinner, and will avoid the sloppy munching on stuff there as I never really enjoy eating when drinking, makes my teeth hurt (odd!) and unsettles my stomach.

Last edited:
CT - people were accusing you of anorexia over a fast day!? ARGH. Yeah, they aren't easy! CheekyChinchilla is a trooper for managing them so well ;) I find them hard f*cking work!!
You're right though- you don't need them right now anyway, you're doing so well with SW and you don't need to overcomplicate things! You probably won't find things slowing down further until a stone or so before your goal anyway! Mine haven't really slowed down THAT much, just fluctuating loads because I'm being temperamental about plan really *sigh!*

Cheeky - Cereal days would be SO good ;) I used to be only into the sugary cereals too, but now I have the Hex ones and smother them with sugary crap instead :D golden syrup makes all cereal awesome!! I do genuinely like bran flakes though which is a really weird concept for me to get my head around right now!!
x

Oh- last night while looking at travel plans stuff with G we were looking at some f*cking mountain hiking (OMG :/) so I need to get my fitness head in gear! Or at least my arms toned ;) we can always get the cable car up LOL.
I did the old arms routine I used to do last night and felt good about that- managed 40sec plank! The routine was from Carly Rowena's '30 day bingo wings challenge' on youtube, I did it every other day for a month (supposed to do it daily) and lost an inch off arms, 2" off waist and 2" off thighs that month!! Really cool- especially as the routine takes about 7 minutes! Was a bit tough for me at first as I couldn't remotely do a press up, so started off doing wall press ups instead. I still can't really do full women's press ups yet :rolleyes: but I go as low as I can with my bum tucked in and I can definitely feel the burn on my arms and waist so am sure it's doing the job! The last few nearly killed me last night!

So yeah, if anyone else is interested (I highly recommend it!) it goes like this:
20x chair dips (I used my bed ledge- sturdier than the chairs we have!)
10x women's pressups
30 second plank
20x chair dips
10x women's pressups
30 seconds bicep curls (with small weights- though I usually skipped this as my weights weren't upstairs where I did the work out, so got the results without that)

Annoyingly my bad knee started to suffer (particularly strenuous during chair dips) so I stopped doing them, but f*ck it, I really want to get my arms toned and some upper body strength, and as it's so quick to do I can force myself to push through it. I'm going to try and do them daily, see if I can get back into the routine. I used to do them first thing after peeing in the morning and that was a good way to remember to do them.
I'll throw in some kettleworx too but my energy has been so flagging that I can't face how upbeat it is at the mo lol! And some general 'free weights' while watching tv and such.

Hey mate!
The travel show sounded really cool :D Must be great getting loads of ideas and going to the photography talks. Ick about the insects lol! But they're SO popular in other countries, so some of them must be quite nice ;)
Your plans sound absolutely amazing!! Really exciting. And so close now! Really glad you have someone to house/cat sit too, so you don't have to worry about that. Really good of your friend to offer.
I'm going to have to get Michelle to look after all mine in Oct coz my Sister's being a bit funny about it. I can't afford her usual rates, so will offer her half. She wont want paying, but I refuse to let her come round for 11days without payment!! Different in London though if your friend needs somewhere to live. And, lets face it, looking after cats isn't exactly hard work :p

Hehe yep, get some walking in dude or you'll struggle while you're away and probably not be very happy. Definitely worth preparing so you're used to walking a lot. Will be different in the humidity/heat/and altitudes! But some prep would be good :)

Hope you have a really good time tonight and your friend has fun too. Good plan on the wine too!

I really like healthy cereals too, but find the amount you're allowed for a HexB a bit rubbish! That's why I tend to stick to Weetabix or porridge. I feel deprived by the farty little portion you're allowed. When I was in to the All Bran chocolate one I ended up using syns on top of the Hex allowance too. But, never mind.xx

Arghhh @bugs! I wonder how many syns are in a giant ant?! :eek: Sounds like you had a fab day though and the travel plans are really coming along nicely. 3+ months away is amazing. Indonesia definitely sounds like a good idea too, bet it'll be nice to chill out for a bit in one place at the end of your trip. Can't go wrong really for £4 a night, mental!

Bet you're so excited now, only a month and a half to go! Are you planning on shopping for all new clothes?

I didn't directly get accused of anorexia, I'd have been laughing for a week at just under 20st, but just the expressions of concern and stuff implied I was going along those lines. It was only one day ffs! Anyway, like you say its not something I need to think about yet. Just gotta chill with things and stick with SW. Its crazy to think I've been doing this for 6 months now and I'm only just under your starting weight, especially as I feel really good now. Bet you feel absolutely amazing in the 13's! :)

Ooh I need to tone my bingo wings... Every time I've lost weight I'm still very conscious of my arms! I've always got a little belly probably more from being overnight than from having my son if I'm honest but that's easily hidden whereas I'd love to be able to feel confident in sleeveless tops so i will definitely be giving your workout a try xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back