Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Just found your diary! These fast days are getting more popular every day, loads on here seem to be trying them. Must take some real willpower! And keeping busy would help I suppose. Your food sounds tasty and plentiful though even though calories are so low. Well done :) bet it makes a nice change from slimming world foods too? I recently bought a healthy food guide mag and was toying with the idea of trying their weekly food plans, to give me a bit of variety x

Hey guys!

Rochelle- it is kinda nice to have a different plan on fast days actually... I normally do Red so it is nice to allow some carbs and not feel guilty, means that even though it is a restrictive day it's kinda nice ;)! I love SW but variation is great too, I wish I had more patience for calorie counting amd having total freedom, but the thought of logging every spray of frylight... Ugh! :p

CT- so annoying that they ask that at group! My wii asks why I've gained and there isnt a menstral water retention option in the list- gr!
Surely your C knows you can't lose.like 4lbs or whatever EVERY week? :rolleyes: bit silly to even ask what was different, I bet new people dont realise how their body wavers and it doesnt sound like groups eduxate them on that? It is so disheartening to get a crap loss when you've been good, must really demotivate new dieters!

Cheeky- fasting super powers eh? Haha I like the sound of that ;)

Had a ROUGH night! Have been mildly unwell all week but last night it took off- such bad timing as am off to Dubai today. My throat felt like razorblades every time I needed to swallow- which was constantly as it was so dry it was awful, kept me up all night :( G was snoring badly because he was ill too- sounded more like wailing :/ like a vocal snore... Kept me up a lot.
This morning I got a sudden hot flash and nearly passed out while getting ready :( 1.5hr taxi ride made me feel really so sick too. Damn! Feel better now (just boarded flight)

On the up side my early mid week WI showed the last pound of gain off so am back to my lowest weight- 13st 8lbs :D hope I dont put myself too far back in Dubai again :rolleyes:
Wondering if I'm not due on any time soon then if I lost again :S should be retaining water by now. My periods are always sporadic though, fingers crossed it holds off until after the shoot anyway!
No booze on the flight this time ;) even though the other girls in my team will be as it's one of them's 40th bday. Got myself some cheap airport sushi though YAY! x

Good luck with the shoot in Dubai mate. Hope your illness doesn't last too long and make you feel rubbish while you're working :(

Well done on the 1lb off and back to your lowest weight. Brilliant :D Sounds like you're feeling nice and positive and in a good frame of mind SW/food wise. You'll do brilliantly.xx

CT- so annoying that they ask that at group! My wii asks why I've gained and there isnt a menstral water retention option in the list- gr!
Surely your C knows you can't lose.like 4lbs or whatever EVERY week? :rolleyes: bit silly to even ask what was different, I bet new people dont realise how their body wavers and it doesnt sound like groups eduxate them on that? It is so disheartening to get a crap loss when you've been good, must really demotivate new dieters!

Yeah it's really annoying, she doesn't really do it to other people though, but I've lost the most in my group by a mile so maybe she just expects more for me. Either way I have to swap groups from next week, will be interesting to see how other C's do it.

I was even talking to Chris last night about doing SW on my own, but in the end decided I don't feel comfortable without the accountability of group. Plus I want the certificates for my kitchen cupboards :D I guess at the end of the day consultants want to try and motivate and spur us on, but when I've just started putting less pressure on myself it wasn't the best question to face! I basically told her I pretty much do the same thing every week, some weeks I lose 4lbs, some I lose 0.5lbs. Not sure if she bought it though, but it's the truth! :rolleyes:

Interesting point you made about the new members. I think that's why so many people throw in the towel after the first few weeks. After that initial big loss its just not achievable for everyone to get a huge loss each week. There's such an emphasis on SOTW and big losses at my group that I feel sorry for the 'plodders' who lose 1lb a week without fail. We all lose weight at different rates and while it's great sometimes we get huge losses, they really need to stress that this is more the exception than the rule. It's easy when you get those huge numbers 'cos its so motivational, but the weeks where you're feeling a bit disheartened after a STS or gain are the crucial ones. I think that side of it is largely ignored at my group.

Have a great flight, enjoy the sushi and well done on staying clear of the wine! Great news on the -1, being back at your lowest again must feel fantastic, pity its happened the morning you're back off to Doobs but I hope you have a nice time! xx

Agree totally with this girls! When we've lost so much, people do put pressure on us! It's not nice. Of course it wouldn't be healthy to lose 4lbs every week. People like us who have lost a big amount of weight have done it gradually, like you say only 0.5lb some weeks. Our bodies are strange things. My consultant is really very good when you've had a gain or anything, she always says there's no shame in a gain! And if you're dissapointed she likes to try and pinpoint something to change for next week. Strange how consultants are so different when they're all trained to do things the same way! X

Sitting in work tired and stressed in front of a laptop and just thinking about how you are probably sitting at the pool right now! SUPER JEALOUS! lol, enjoy ;) x

Ahahaha no pool time for me- slept all day! So don't be too envious ;)

Sorry that my replies to you wont be so thorough- am typing on iPad (with new keyboard which is super awesome- I can touch type really fast on it, yippee!) and the app wont let me see the rest of the thread as I type...

CT- Must feel cool to be losing faster than the others in your group :p I know you think your losses are slow considering the amount you've got left to go, but that must help you realise that you're doing so well? ;)
If the C was inaccurately suggesting it was down to ME wether I lost 4lbs or 0.5 on a weekly basis I'd almost certainly speak up about it! Bit silly really...
To be honest, I didn't enjoy the group atmosphere at either of the groups I tried, but I didn't struggle doing it alone because of Minimins! :) I like the stickers I get on here too.

Flight was OK, *week showed up right as I was watching the Carrie remake LOL! Nice timing! Just waiting for my telekinetic powers to rustle up now...
Am kinda excited to realise that I got a LOSS when weighing in right before my period! Cool :D by Monday now, if I can be good-ish out here- I should be looking at a decent loss! I'm SO desperate to get an actually loss rather than just balancing out a gain for once!

Here's what food has looked like so far:

Flight day was all over the place snacking rather than normal means, looked like this:

B: cereal + banana
On flight: sushi mini cheap box x2
half a bruised pear
mini buttons (75cal)
beef jerky (1.5 syns)
2x sw brownie (3 syns)
half a glass of mango juice
plane meal: salmon, risotto, 2x 20cal crackers (2 syns), cheese spread square, sweet chilli sauce, cream from dessert pot (but not the cake), mini choc that came with tea
alpen light x2
Evening tea came around and I was sooo in sugar mode (as I often get with * week!) so had 2 shortbread (one packet) + galaxy cake bar without the cake (just nibbled the choc off of it)
Banana when I got to the hotel

Sounds like loads but considering it was 8hr flight and that covered two meals I think it wasn't as horrific as it sounds :p the plane meal was small and I didn't have the bread and dessert it came with. Over synned, sure, but didn't stuff myself silly either.

Today:

B: Instant Porridge (HexB), honey (1), banana
L: Chewy Delight, apple, frozen yoghurt with strawberries, crushed peanuts and Oreo crumbled in (mmmm!) and about 5 dates at the hotel
D: Chicken biryani rice, dahl, some weird side dish thing, fruit salad for pud, couple of spoonfuls of hummus,
+ gluten free rice cereal bar in hotel for choc cravings after dinner :p

I think I've done quite well today actually! 70% on plan ;)

So we got to the hotel at 3am, into our room around 3.30am, took an hour or so to settle in then got chatting until bloody 5am to this new girl I'm shooting with and sharing a room with, Roz, who's pretty cool :)
Slept until nearly 4pm! Took a while to get to sleep but slept great otherwise; felt much better in the morning than the day before (phew!) but period pains were annoying.
We hung out in the room for a bit then went to a Souk (market) and pottered about; I fell in love with a silk scarf and haggled the price down from £50 to £30 but it was still too much for me, I'm broke and have to save up for travels!! So passed :( but BOY was it a beaut- it looked almost iridescent the way the light caught the colours and gold thread within it! Mmm. Next time ;)

Hopefully will get an earlier night tonight; we are staying in another hotel tomorrow (booked by the bride of the wedding shoot- odd!) so have to check out of here and check into the other one before the shoot which is kinda annoying. The other group are shooting in Abu Dhabi (about 1.5hr drive from Dubai) and staying there, which means they have to drive early to the airport the next day, but we are staying in Sharjah which is only half an hour away so kinda lucky! Would prefer to have just driven back to here after the shoot though, checking in takes foreeever out here and will have to pack and then unpack and pack again!
Anywho, glad we got back to the hotel quite early as we can unwind then head to bed early... maybe ;)
x

Yeyyy! Sounds like you are doing super well! And a loss before *week?? Omg! I'm excited to hear how much you lose post *week!

I don't know how you cope with such long flights on such a regular basis, I'd be so fidgety! But it's such an amazing oppertunity! You must see some amazing stuff.

Shame about the scarf! It'll still be there next time though, and if it isn't then it wasn't meant to be!

Hope you have fun on the shoot and the cramps go away/are at least bearable.

X

Hey matey!
Sounds like the new girl is nice. Hope you both get some sleep tonight though. So easy to get carried away chatting with someone new isn't it?! I did today in work, had like a 30min break instead of 15mins.... Shhhh....

Shame about the scarf, definitely :( Maybe next time eh?

I'm very impressed you got a pre-*week loss!! Also looking forward to see what you manage post * week. No pressure like ;) xx

Haha feeling the pressure now for a good loss Monday! Actually, the day before WI is G's dad's bday so will probably eat some naughties there... Hopefully it balances out for a slight loss on top of the ofd plan-ness since I cant really expect a massive one!

Oh I totally get fidgetty in the flights! Hense all the noshing :/ but Emirates have great films to watch at least! I watched the Carrie remake which wasnt great, and The Man Who Knew Too Much... And some Family guy ;)

Feel so rough today; had an early nught but despite two sleeping pills just couldnt get to sleep and was tossing and turning all night :( period cramps are bad today too, crap!!

Wooohoooo, PRE-* week loss, what is this mythical thing of which you speak?! Well done hun, so pleased for you!

Bet you're dead chuffed you managing to stay pretty much on plan while you're away. Bet its nice to have someone you get along with on your trip too, even if you do spend half the night up talking! Odd about the swapping hotels thing, what a pain in the bum! Ooh and don't be too miffed about the scarf, there will be loads of gorgeous stuff on your travels and it sounds like you go to Dubai loads, so if you change your mind you know where to find it.

I don't think any offence or anything was meant in group, just rubbed me up the wrong way really as I always get miffed with a -0.5 despite my intentions to be happy with any loss. I honestly think mini's has been a much better source of support for me than group, I'm just scared to leave in a way when things are working so well. Just having that accountability of weigh in really helps me. And yeah, it's great motivation when I go and see I'm losing more than everyone else! :D Hopefully my new group will be a bit more inspirational though, would love to find some other big losers near me.

Sounds like you need the competition, CT! ;) I know it wouldnt offend me so much as annoy me that the C seemed not very clued up about how bodies work!

The shoot went well on Valentines day (I didnt get to go on a date but I ate plenty of fresh ones ;))
Food was funny that day- period had me really hungry, I ended up havig so many meals but needing them!

Hotel breakfast at 10am: porridge, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurt and bran flakes (!)
Had a snack of leftover rice from night before to keep us going through shoot before we left at about 2pm
Bride ordered us subway salads at 7pm (sadly no meat with it and they were caked in a mayo based pink dressing)
Dinner at the wedding at midnight: an assortment of arabic dishes, mainly rice and curries with a veg lasagne too
Dessert at 1am: scoffed loads of this custardy an thing OMG it was so good! Felt guilty but for some reason on shoots when I have limited eating time I just dont think about what I am eating until after :rolleyes:

luckily despite *week and feeling ill before flying, I didnt struggle on thr shoot and even by the 11rh hr afyer not sleeping so great I was pretty OK energy wise! We.went an hour overtime; got back to 2nd hotel at 3 but stayed up unil 4 writing (just really needed that unwind time!) then was up at 10.50 whih gave me a slightly optimistic 40 mins to repack, shower, get ready and check out :p ended up early to airport as the douchebags at the hotel insisted we leave an hour to get there rather than half an hour (which was all it took!) so we spent 20 mins outside sitting on the luggage trolleys basking in the midday sun- was so nice and swear I got a tiny tan from that ;)

Spent most of the flight writing and watched The Way, Way Back which Kelly always goes on about so I assumed I'd hate it ;) LOL... But I loved it!! Laughed so hard (bit awkward on a quiet flight packed full of people sleeping despite it being afternoon?!) Sam Rockwell had such an awesome character and played it really well, and Steve Carrell as the douchebag stepfather was great too, despite not being a comic part- he's such a great actor!
I bought a heeky mars bar and small kitkat to aid my *week chocolate cravings over the 8hr flight and OMG! I didnt snack at all apart from them for once :O normally I am constantly munching- usually 2 or so packs beef jerky, alpen bars, fruit, polos and tic tacs, milky buttons etc. I am pretty certain that I had less calories just having the chocolate! I REALLY savoured it- nobbling the choc off and ate the mars bar in three sessions.

Food for the day was:

B 11am: ff yoghurt, porridge, honey, banana
L 2.30pm- was starving at airport so had a noodles box with chicken and shrimp, probably not bad syns except the oil used.
On flight was starvung 3hrs later too when they served lunch at 5.30pm! Had the lamb biryani option with rice, then two 20cal cracjers with cream cheese and sweet chilli amd ate the sauce of the small dessert (not the sponge cake, mashed it into cury plate to avoid temptation, and remived he bread roll before I started as usual)
They served mini scones with jam and crean 6hrs later so had that too- they are AMAZING, couldnt re
sist ;) no booze though! Then the kitkat (5 syns) and mars bar (11 syns)

Got home at 9pm and was hungry AGAIN. Boy I can eat for England when on *week :p plane food is tiny portions though. G had made a wonderful (syn free) bolognase <3 had it with rice noodles and some salad.

Soooo not amazing but could have been worse! Today is G's dad's bday so eating lunch at the pub and last time the brownie dessert was SO GOOD- might have something light for lunch like a salad then have the dessert as a treat ;) WI tomorrow though, eek! Post *week so reeeeally want a loss, but after all the food this weekend, who knows!
Am going to do my arms exercises this morning though and might bring my weights in the car for the drive again! X

See!!! I'm not always bad with my film reviews ;) I never thought Steve Carrell could make me hate him! He was brill wasn't he? But yeah, Sam Rockwell totally stole that film! Superb :D

Glad everything seemed to go well for the shoot. And hope you had a good time at the pub :)

Welcome back.xx

Totally agree with you cheeky! Watched it again tonight with G- Sam Rockwell is such a dude ;) *swoon @ his character's sense of humour!* ;)

V quick food update- red day and pretty much on plan :O! Chose a good option at lunch- seabass amd veg- which was yummy too! Hexb amd a few syns for oil. Didnt have a dessert :O OMG. They had a different menu and I didnt fancy any of it enough to warrent the syns so watched everyone eat dessert! DID have two glasses of red and 4 biscuits with tea later though :p but they were wafers so mainly air! Am impressed at my will power, esoecially considering I went into the situation mentally allowing myself whatever meal and dessert I wanted :p

WI tomorrow eeeek!

Spent the evening researching enneagram types online with my ex and our friend, was really fun and great self discovery! Have always been into MBTI so was fun to see a different way of personality typing. Am a 4w3 for anyone in the know.
X

-2lbs!! I HAVE AN IDEAL BMI!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!! :D eeee!

I turned the wii volume up just to hear it cheer for me :D cant believe it!

Gotta admit that for post *week I was hoping for a bit more than -2 but it got me to ideal so I cant complain about slow losses anymore!
I now weigh 13st6lbs and am 2lbs from my target of 100lbs off :D
I will of course be lowering this, I'm not in size 12's yet and ideally I'd like to get into 10's ;) my mini goal is to push myself for another half stone off in the next 6 weeks before my dad's party, which should get me into a size 12 50's party dress. I want to go full steam ahead, 100% on plan, until we go travelling as the more I can lose by then, the better I'll feel in the pics (and energy wise while backpacking)
Fitness is something I REALLY need to work on- it hasnt been happening recently at all :rolleyes: I did do my arms work out yest but I need to get some cardio in to raise my hiking/backpacking stamina!!

Summer- the balance thing is geeeetting there, but this month my weight has been so up and down :/ it shows a vit what I can get away with when maintaining, but my losses this month have been dramatically the least yet, which coincides with the fact that I've been way easier on myself and oversynning like crazy :p my focus keeps shifting from "must lose for travels!!" to "I'm quite happy at the mo so can slow things down and enjoy some cake!" but right now I'm definitely going to go full steam ahead, just for the last 6 weeks before the party/travels, and push myself. Once I am travelling I will be gorging on carbs and wonderful Asian dishes- CAN'T WAIT!! Hopefully the extra movement will balance that out ;)
x

Back