Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Sounds lovely. Its miserable as sin here you'll be pleased to know!

Well done with the eats, dont feel bad about a bit of nice buffet food, bet you'll burn it off with all the running around you'll be doing today.

Sounds lovely. Its miserable as sin here you'll be pleased to know!

Well done with the eats, dont feel bad about a bit of nice buffet food, bet you'll burn it off with all the running around you'll be doing today.

Its gorgeous here in London, a sunny 15 degrees!!! Nothing like Dubs tho Sophie, catch that tan while you can! x

Saw the pic on facebook....can't say I feel sorry for you!

Have a great time :D x

I get exactly like that on flights! Nosh nosh nosh. It's all I do. Mini cheddars, crisps, chocolate, anything lol! Pleased you can get all of your healthy bits there. I've only really had experience of foreign supermarkets in turkey and New York, turkey is probably a bit like Dubai, plenty of foods that we recognise but New York wasn't much healthy things in the 7/11 shops lol (they're just like the spar we have over here)

pleased to to see you getting a bit of relax time aswell as work! Would love some sunshine and a warm swimming pool! X

NOT TRYING TO BRAG OR ANYTHING BUT THE POO FAIRY HAS BEEN DAILY SINCE LEAVING! ;) must be because I have LIVED off fruit n fibre (aka sexy all bran with raisiny bits), have had it for lunch and breakfast each day :p and loads of fruit- omg! On the shoot yesterday there were huge bowls of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries OMG. I ate loooads :p and nabbed some for the room which I had with yoghurt for breakie!
Have esten really well EXCEPT the shoot :p will detail later, am on a quick break at the shoot before it all kicks off, flagging already- pumping myself with caffiene!
Oh and I am SO tanned LOL! Shockingly tanned for the 7hrs of sun- has been really nice writing by the pool but jeeze the pool is boiling, hotter than what I would bath in- really gross when you are sweaty from the sun! Soooo sunny though, could hardly stand it at one point at only 30 degrees c! Am going to DIE in Cambodia lol :|
Hope you all are well! Will reply properly later. X

NOT TRYING TO BRAG OR ANYTHING BUT THE POO FAIRY HAS BEEN DAILY SINCE LEAVING! ;) must be because I have LIVED off fruit n fibre (aka sexy all bran with raisiny bits), have had it for lunch and breakfast each day :p and loads of fruit- omg! On the shoot yesterday there were huge bowls of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries OMG. I ate loooads :p and nabbed some for the room which I had with yoghurt for breakie!
Have esten really well EXCEPT the shoot :p will detail later, am on a quick break at the shoot before it all kicks off, flagging already- pumping myself with caffiene!
Oh and I am SO tanned LOL! Shockingly tanned for the 7hrs of sun- has been really nice writing by the pool but jeeze the pool is boiling, hotter than what I would bath in- really gross when you are sweaty from the sun! Soooo sunny though, could hardly stand it at one point at only 30 degrees c! Am going to DIE in Cambodia lol :|
Hope you all are well! Will reply properly later. X

Sounds AMAZING! Also sounds like you're enjoying yourself more than previous times and you have been brilliant food-wise! Sounds like lots of bragging is in order :D!!

x

Oh, no ;) I haven't been brilliant food wise- I've been stuffing chocolates like they're grapes on the shoots! It's awful but the shoots really f*ck my energy levels, I get so drained and the chocolate A) perks up my mood/gives me some pleasure in the stress and B) gives me a sugar boost! When I'm flagging it's like- whatever will perk me up- gimmie! I even had a glass of full sugar coke on yesterday's shoot to try and wake me up when there were no other options!
But yeah, the chocolates thing is awful- I just don't think about syns or anything at all! But at least I'm not like that in every day life, just on the Dubai shoots really! Today I tried a couple of canipe sized desserts and had maybe 8 chocolates through the course of the 10hr shoot, so not too bad... I kept my meal small too but went back for seconds of the prawn curry- BEST CURRY I'VE EVER HAD!! OMG! The prawns were so soft and moist- like no prawn I've ever had before!! Could have been like... potato or something- that soft! Melted in your mouth- wow! I'm sure the curry was full of cream and such but oh well ;) other than that I chose good food options, rice and salad and stuff.
Yesterday was worse, way more chocolates and nibbles as they were always in reach! And for some reason I've been really craving chocolates this time (due on Monday-ish, maybe to do with that) even in the room and especially the flight- keep getting sugar cravings! Hoping to be a bit better on the flight home tomorrow... Have ordered a gluten free meal too, so that'll help me detox a bit without wheat. I'll be bran flakin' it up for breaky though :p

All in all, yes the chocs have been a bit out of control, but I've done better than the last few times where it was like food cramming, constantly stuffing myself with mealy stuff that I didn't need. Felt mucccch better to eat my own stuff in the room, too. I know the tricks for next time now- big box 'o bran flakes ;) I had about a million HexB's on this trip but made the PF happy!!
Ahhh 5.30am here and have to be up at 10.45 :( dang. Shoot went OK though, ran over a bit (3.30am) and didn't get home until an hour ago. Am mainly packed now and have sufficiently unwinded so time to zzzz x

Today was a bit of a write off though, felt so crap on thr flight so had the equivelant of 5 glasses of wine and about 8 chocs (free lindt at airport- WHY!?! Sooo nice though... And some snazzy wrapped ones nabbed from the first shoot)
Sigh, I feel depressed today, I think I am quite exhausted from being around people constantly- in the hotel appartment and on the shoots and travelling, then have come home to a needy G flocking around me all excited to see me... I need introvert time to recharge! I wonder if I'm due on too as I just feel mentally low (I guess 5hrs sleep after shoot doesnt help!)
Proper update later but feeling a bit shoddy about my diet today and just generally cack!

Woke up to slight cramps so def due on- phew! Dont know if I will bother weighing in tomorrow in case it disheartens me, might just wait unil Thurs for mid week one. Want tko test out my polar HRM today and get some exercise.happening!

Not sure if I can manage going straight into a fast day, might just adjust back into things with a Red day (also woke up at 8am so that would be a looong fast day! I prefer fasting on days I've slept until noon!)

I think it's wise to just do normal sw days when you're feeling low and tired. A fast day can't do your mood any good. Also think you're wise not weighing until mid week :) hope you have a good rest Hun sounds like you're knackered xx

Hey matey!
Hope you're doing ok. Can totally relate to needing time alone when you have had no space or quiet time for a while.
I even took Dave up to the woods today and didn't ask anyone to come with so I could have some space. BUT we did all get a room each in Birmingham, and that was really nice and made a huge difference :)
Hope you're doing ok today and G isn't annoying you too much.
I honestly don't know how you cope on the shoots with the food and stuff. I know you don't feel like it, but you do so well. I'd just be eating everything in sight and thinking f*ck it! And you bought healthy food for the apartment too :)xx

Hey guys!

Rochelle- totally agree that not doing a fast day was a good idea when such a low mood etc, though kiiiinda went the other way and had a naughty day instead :rolleyes: G was like "Yo, we have this cheese fondue that we bought in Paris that needs eating like 2 weeks ago" so on an act of spontaneity I decided we would have it then and there for lunch. So, like... HexA1+2+3+9+293928? :p I had approx half (225g) and ended up being a green day so can use 30g as a HexB too-! LOL
Anyway, regardless of trying to excuse a cheese fondue as SW approved, I enjoyed the hell out of it and dipped mainly red pepper and pickled onions/gherkins but did have about an inch slice of G's french bread too.

Felt so guilty :p as planned I went ahead and had an exercise-y day to test out my new Polar FT60 heart rate monitor :D I did about 2hrs 10 mins of exercise in the end, a mixture of Exerbeat (wii game that combines martial arts with dance) and 'freestyle' running around and dancing and weight lifting etc in my room (and looads of jumping/star jumps) and the HRM says I've burnt 1880 cal! NICE! That should balance out the fondue a bit!
My chill day was pretty consumed by this though :p I didn't do it all in one burst. I read that HRM's can overestimate calories burnt by up to 33% for women, but keeping that in mind I still burnt like a 3rd of a pound or something... aka that huge wad of cheese I had for lunch.

Breakfast was fruit and yoghurt, dinner was wheatabix with hot almond milk (really nice!) and a chopped banana and drizzle of honey on top- have never had 'bix warm before, really liked it :D

Tomorrow I think I'll go to Camden town and try on some 50's dresses to get an idea of what suits me and not (I'll probably order a cheaper one online once I know what style I'm after) as my dad's 50's themed bday party is like 2 weeks away (and delivery takes ages from some places, eek!) kinda sad as I wanted to be buying a size 12 for it and feel like this past month I've just totally balls'd up with weight loss... The past 6lbs have been really difficult to shake, definitely getting harder, but my will power is screwed too. Realised that on these Dubai shoots I get so low energy that really the only thing I can salvage from it is the slight boost I get from a nice chocolate treat (and when there are so many around---!!) it's like I turn off SW mode and just don't care... I feel so empty doing these shoots for this company, if sugar is all I've got available to make me feel a bit better then I'll take it :rolleyes: not a great habit to be in when I'm so frequently there these days- two more trips before our travels! Bahrain on 27th and Dubai on 4th of April.
Cheeky- trust me, I really suck around all the chocolates too! I couldn't even say how many I ate really as I just didn't register that I was eating them really! But I am glad I didn't load up on bread and hummus etc for the lunches before the shoots at least! Do feel good about that :) even though I worked my way through a 500g box of fruit and fibre over the 4 days LOL! But the PF approved of that ;)

Was so cool to see the calories I was burning today, definitely keeps me motivated to burn more/put more effort in. I compared the HRM readings vs Exerbeat's suggestions and Exerbeat really do overestimate :p kinda expected as such but yeah! One of the readings I got was 180cal and Exerbeat reckoned that exercise should have burnt 250cal!

Decided to WI anyway, despite flight bloating, exercise water retention (very achy calves again today!) and imminent *week... But I wanted to know! It's another step towards sussing out the mystery of my body's cycle and whatnot.
I gained 2lbs which I'm pretty damn pleased about LOL! Was expecting a +5 or +6 like that other time I got back from Dubai due on... Hoping I AM actually due on though as would be sucky if that wasn't my pre menstral bloat :p am often irregular... But whatever, that 2lbs will be off and more after period.

I'm not having a fast day today, I woke up super early and starving so had a bit of a fry up; scrambled cheesy eggs, a diced chicken frankfurter (3.5 syns), a fried onion and half a fried potato. Mmmm! Maybe a fast day tomorrow but for now just need to get my head back in the game again, so easy to be thrown off whack when you have a couple of days away from home, isn't it!?
x

Chocolate cravings are through the roof today :/ so damn noshy! Hoping *week shows up to relieve me of the guilt I'm feeling for it all lol! Already had all my syns and half of my Hex's :'(

Hey hun, sounds like you've done amazing in Dubai. You're way too hard on yourself, you did great!

+2 is great considering water retention and all that exercise, bet you'll be looking at a fab loss after * week.

Have you decided final travel itinerary yet? Xx

Yeah I always get water retention from flying I was up 10lbs last year after New York! Then it went down to 3. Lol frightening that I get THAT much retention though!

Hope star week hurries it's ass up for you x

Chocolate cravings are through the roof today :/ so damn noshy! Hoping *week shows up to relieve me of the guilt I'm feeling for it all lol! Already had all my syns and half of my Hex's :'(
I hear ya, sister!!

Wow on the calories burned. Maybe MapMyWalk isn't that far off with their calorie counting then? Although probably a bit of an overestimation, but still, not bad. Amazing cals for your workout tho!
And I love how many Hex's you had for cheese ;) Sounds nommy!!

Great about the gain as well. Well, you know what I mean ;) Not bad at all and you'll have that sorted in no time!

Definitely ease yourself back in to fast days if you don't feel in the right head space. It'll end up torture!! SW days are sensible right now :) xx

Back