Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Wow, amazing that your Dad wants a healthy lunch!! You might as well enjoy that and support him while it lasts :)

I've collected friends over the years who have mental health issues. I honestly think we attract each other because we understand what's going on and want to support each other. It is really good to be able to talk and get things out, it really is :)

If you can manage as few naughty days as possible between now and travelling I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you could achieve weight loss wise. But try not to make yourself miserable over it *hug* xx

Hey guys!
Yesterday I was awful- I felt SO knackered after a bad night's sleep, dropping Chewie to the vet to get neutered (all went well despite his slight heart mumur, phew! Thanks Cheeky for giving us peace of mind there!) then we went and did a biiiig tesco shop (got loooads of fresh nice food- fruit, cooked meats, etc!) and after was just so drained that I couldn't face the nasty windy bus journey to see dad (epsecially as it was so sunny- I wanted to go on the grass!) so I invited him to a picnic here instead but he declined as he cant really sit on the floor, we decided to rain check. I spent a few hours on the grass just stuffing myself- all day I ended up just non stop eating :/ it was mainly all Free and SF food but it was pretty abusive of SW!
Here's the list of what I ate:

RED splurge day:
_____

Breakfast: 1/2 tub nat ff yog, banana, pear, 2x alpen lights at the vet (HexB)

Afternoon food (snacked bits at a time, constantly through the day) :
- Half a punnet of grapes
- A whole pack of sweet chilli chicken (1 syn or so but 250 cal)
- Salad with spinach, carrot, hard boiled egg, cherry tomatos and the chicken above
- WM roll with cheese (HexA1), pickle (1), Ham, philli lightest (tiny bit)
- Ate the rest of the pack of ham in the eve! Another 250cal
- Options hot choc (2) with mini marshmallows (1)
- Half a cannister of extremely low fat whipped cream (Creamfields variety from tesco- so nice!) (3 syns)
- Small box of candy sticks (1.5)
- Other half of the nat ff yog with a few raisins (1), blueberries and some maple syrup (.5)
- Milky bar buttons (5)
- 2x shape desserts (100cal each) am guessing they are 5 syns each, OMG so nice though!
- 1 WW yog (50cal)
- 1 Muller light greek yog (85cal)
- Half a big pack of cherry tomatoes
- A satsuma

Dinner: a stingy cup of bran flakes with almond milk (half an extra hexB)
_____

CRAP! I just couldn't stop munching, it was awful! WHEN IS *WEEK GOING TO COME AND GO ALREADY!?
I roughly estimate this to around 2000cal, which isn't too awful as my BMR is nearly that of a man (am 6'1, I think it worked out around 2450cal was my BMR+ movement when I did the maths for my 5:2 allowance) but since even with ADFing I'm barely losing, this sort of thing just isn't acceptable! I feel so guilty! This is the nearest thing I've had to a binge in a while, I'm just glad I kept most of it healthy :/ my appetite/cravings were horrific though.
Fast day today to balance that out a bit! Have a headshots photoshoot session with a friend at 1pm so that should distract me a bit. Am already hungry though :/ hope G hurries up with my tea!

Oh- I finally ordered my dress for the 50's party! I spent ages looking online and couldnt find anything well priced that looked nice and would arrive in a week- left it too late really! But found a UK store that does cheap first class delivery and returns... So I went for this one:
84-120413210327.jpg75-120413224036.jpg

I nearly went for the blue version but red is more my thing ;) ordered a petticoat too. The dress was £30 (found a 10% discount code!) + £2.99 delivery, the petticoat was £15. BUT... I ordered the dress in a size 12! EEEK. It has an elasticated back.. I hope it fits! But that way if it's a bit snug now it should still fit when I'm at goal. :D SO relieved to have something ordered now so I can relax about that and stress about travels instead!
x

Love the dress! Sounds like you had the munchies yesterday lol I get like that all the time lately, think it's something to do with being at target with me, like a psychological thing lol you're so lucky being so tall and able to munch more! X

That dress is gorgeous, the red really suits you in your devil outfit too so it'll look stunning! I'm sure size 12 will fit too, especially if its elasticated, and like you say it'll be something you can wear when you get to goal. Must be so exciting to be buying 'forever' clothes!

I think you did amazing with your 'binge', you could have easily eaten 5000 calories of crap if you'd not stuck to SW principles and were in a munchy/grazing mood, so try not to be hard on yourself. 2000 cals every now and again wont do any harm and it's still under your BMR, plus its pre * week when we all get munchy!

I understand with travels and your Dad's birthday looming that you're wanting to be extra 'good' now to try and maximise the chances of any loss, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. You look frikkin' amazing, seriously I'd look at a pic of you and think 'damn I want to look like her! I just wish you were able to see it. At the same time though I must admit I understand in a way as I'm a lot more critical of my body now than when I was 5 stone heavier, but of course I still have 7 stone to go!

Enjoy your photo shoot today, sounds like loads of fun! :)

You look frikkin' amazing, seriously I'd look at a pic of you and think 'damn I want to look like her! I just wish you were able to see it.

Seconded!!

Love the dress, too! x

Wow mate! That dress is lovely :D Hope it fits and I bet you'll look awesome! Red is definitely your thing ;)

Ok, your picnic was pretty epic, I agree. BUT like you said, tons of free and super free and not very many syns at all. I would have done that a zillion times worse! Think you did really well and shouldn't be too hard on yourself.
In your mind you were going out for lunch with your Dad and that got cancelled. You were mentally prepared for a food treat and then didn't get it. So not surprising really :)

Very glad Chewie is doing well from having his balls whipped off!xx

Thanks guys- you are all so lovely :) really could have been worse- the thing is... I knew it was happening, and didn't want it, but I couldn't fight this nosh feeling! So I was on top of it enough to keep healthy-ish (I did have like 25 syns or so though!) but I still felt guilty throughout... Wouldn't have felt as guilty having half a cheesy garlic bread pizza- lol!

Bev- I'm chuffed (and nervous!) to be ordering a 12, but I'm hoping the elastic will work both now when I'm about a size 13 (hehe) and later when I'm at target too!
I think a lot of the reason I want to lose more before travels is to give myself some leeway while I'm out there... I'd be gutted if I came back a stone heavier and so far out of 'Healthy BMI' again! But realistically the activity should keep the gain down! I'm SO excited to just be off plan and eat what I want though! I'm going to not go crazy with fast food/desserts but I'm definitely eating whatever exciting Asian foods come my way ;) a couple of months of rice for breakfast too by the sound of it as that's all they eat in various countries for breakfast!!

Rochelle- it is kinda a perk of being tall ;) I can excuse eating so much on needing it to run the extra half foot I have on most women! hehe. It was definitely munchies, yuck!

Kelly- Thanks dude, you're totally right... Not half as bad as some of the days I've gone less hard on myself for (booze and take away days!) but at the same time... less fun was gained out of it, so kinda annoying!

Chewieballs is doing great, he's as mental as ever but I hear that takes a few weeks to calm down? Looks like my mum will be taking the cats now, she's really come around to the idea as she's less stressed at the moment too. I'm so, so scared that if Mary-Lou or Eliza were here watching the cats one of them would get out of the window and get lost... Because we lost our cat on the road here we really don't want to let them out, but Lil' Juan has been out and misses it so he's just looking for the right moment to flee out of an open window, and Chewie has never been out so if he got out we'd be worried he wouldn't get back in (we live on the 1st floor so not so easy, he has to get onto the roof)! At my mum's though she'd let them out in her garden then shut them in at night, but she has 3 cats already so 5's quite the crowd!

Yesterday I redeemed my munchies day by doing a fast day with lots of exercise! For some reason I find it easier to exercise on fast days :S I think it feels like a full body detox that way, like "Today is a day dedicated to my body" and also as I get very very introverted, it's nice to just be in my room and work out a bit! I burnt 1085 cal :D over 4hrs, but in about 2.5hrs of total efforts. I did a lot of running the lap around my room (even found a way to extend the 10 sec lap to 15 sec as now I do an extra loop around the obstacle in the open area of the room, then run to G's side of the bed where I have to turn around). Also did some wii fit hula hoop (10 min one while doing weights in my arms- felt the burn there!) and random free play with my exercise ball and weights. I found one exercise I made up where I bounce up and down on the ball waving my weights around with fairly out stretched arms while I had Gangnam style blaring on my headphones LOL it was so fun and it got my heart rate nice and high- burnt quite a bit!
I put much more effort into stretches afterwards and I feel much less achy today, especially my calves which usually the next day really kill to walk down stairs but today they don't! Thanks for the heads up guys! It's funny how I research the hell out of some diet stuff but am really lazy about researching exercise stuff lol!
I feel pumped just writing that, I want to do some more! But G's gone back to sleep and all my stuff is upstairs- grrr!

So food wise yest I very nearly did a 0 food day! The exercise and 5HTP really helped curb my appetite and I drank loads of teas and stuff. At about 11.30pm when G and I were chatting in bed (I was too hyper to sleep) I suddenly got starving- for the first time all day! I really snapped at him and got quite hysterical and then a green tea made it all OK again... But then I was thinking about how tomorrow I wanted a wm roll sarnie AND a big bowl of cereal AND all these extra Hex's and I thought "You know what, I'm just going to have that WM sarnie now and then I wont crave it as much for tomorrow and can stick to my Hex's" :D felt like a wise move. I realised at that point that I wanted the whole 'detox' element of a 0 food day (especially since it really hadn't been hard up until that point, I hadn't needed food at all!) but the reality of it was apart from feeling the accomplishment of a total fast, I knew that it wouldn't make a big difference if I did have the 500cal or not... So I had my sarnie, which I didn't count the calories of but a WM roll is about 160 and I had light cheese, less than 30g so probably about 80cal there, then some jam (maybe 40cal?) and had some almond milk and splenda in teas so probably had around 320cal in total that day.
Today I'm having a semi SW, semi general healthy eating day. I want to relax a bit and let myself have some healthy treats but not go overboard. I had half a tin mangoes this morning- OMG amazing! I've never had tinned mangoes before! I marinated some chicken thighs over night so that will be lunch; pretty much will be a Red day with maybe some extra Hex's/syns, but not over calories, if you catch my drift.
I realised yesterday that I hadn't seen the PF since just after I got back from Dubai (Monday) grrr! Overdosing on bran flakes out there clearly did me the world of good, I wish I could have more HexB's here already! I really felt constipated while running, it made me feel like I needed to go but I couldn't :/ took a senekot last night and feel pf will be visiting soon at least.
Still no sign of aunt flow though, FFS! Has all this PMS just been in my head!?
x

Hey guys,

Dress was actually TOO BIG! OMG. Can you believe it!? The back was slipping a bit and it didn't pinch at the waist so I ordered a 10 :eek: they had no red size 10's so I ordered an electric blue which was nearly my first choice anyway- with the elastic on the 12 i could easily stretch the dress a few inches so a 10 should stretch fine and that way I can wear it at target too where this one will be too big once I drop the next size! It is definitely very generous though and I think the site measurements are wrong as I measured myself a few days ago and I should have fit a 14 according to their site- but this dress comes up quite big ;) and the elastic should help with the 10! Anyway- chuffed! And other than that I loved the dress :D yay. I'll send back whichever one I like less- if the blue doesn't suit me or IS too tight then I'll stick with the red.

Yesterday I burnt 500cal, I ate pretty well in the end- cereal for lunch, chicken thighs for dinner, but snacked quite a lot in the day (hens having cereal for lunch rather than a proper big lunch; often just have cereal as a snack anyway!) got my period this morning and it really wiped me out- felt so awful I nearly canceled going to G's mum's bday lunch! But painkillers helped and I pushed through and was OK in the end.
Lunch at the beef eater started with two glasses of wine (they really helped me feel better through my *week turmoil!) then food was a couple of nachos with strips of steak and diced tomato, onion, chilli con carne (big shared starter) then for main had a chicken breast with grilled cheese (HexA) and bbq sauce (2) with a big side salad (2 for vinagrette) not a bad option, kinda like having chicken salad but with the two items separate instead; it was meant to come with streaky bacon, chips and coleslaw but I opted out and asked for extra salad like a good girl ;) but then the dessert- oh boy! I was way too periody to turn that down! I had a rocky road brownie sundae :p nom! It was about the size of the harvester ones (the basic ones there are 14 syns but this had a few brownie chunks so I'll call it 22 maybe) mmmm! But then later I had a small piece of birthday cake too- crap! It was coffee and walnut... Just a small piece though... Maybe 12 syns? Oh f*ck it, whatever the syns were I went over and was naughty :p but I'm not doing lunch with dad or mum now so I can keep the rest of the week good until the party. I'm going to see if I can aim to burn another 500cal today as 'punnishment' ;) I've found this week I can often push myself to exercise even if I feel crap, and definitely feel better after. Besides, women burn more from exercise during their periods!
Tomorrow I'm going to do a fast day if I can manage it; I think not eating in the morning/early afternoon should keep some cravings at bay- this morning I wasn't really hungry and was going to skip breakfast, but just before I left I decided to have a pear and then I was in full munchie mode! I ate a greek yoghurt and a small WW yoghurt, a chewy delight, a banana and satsuma. I think if I hadn't bothered with that pear I wouldn't have had those cravings! So anyway, fast day tomorrow, will see if I can put off food until early eve again as that seems to be the easiest way to do it, and I'll do some exercise too.

Not sure there's any bloody point in WI tomorrow, but I'll probably do it just to have the record on my wii chart, but ignore the result until Thurs mid-week WI :p haven't had a good WI in ages as this time last week I'd just gotten back from Dubai where I'd drunk on the flight and retained water! Then damn PMS has been awful since... Argh. Wasted fortnight, and now I've drunk today too. I felt obliged to drink the second glass of wine at dinner but really I didn't really want it :( I poured it thinking I did, but after dessert I'd had enough- didn't want to be rude though...! Grr.

Oh and pf granted me beautiful, beautiful wishes yesterday ;) took a few attempts to flush the first one, then later she revisited! I was a very happy bunny :p
x

Woow size 10! You must be ecstatic!!

Hope WI went well x

The size 10 fits much better! Definitely a fluke ;) I do like the blue too!
WI sucked though, expected it to being just 24hrs into my period. +2! So +4 in total this past week FFS! Thurs better be good!
I did a 100% fast yesterday! Intended on having my 600 (5:2) calories in the evening but couldnt face the cravings and stuff... Weird but hunger is less painful than the noshy feeling that suddenly comes with eating on a 5:2 day! I also did a load of exercise amd even went for a short run outside (hated it though! Seem to do much better just running laps around my room!)
Cant remember how much I burnt but will check polar later, was around 1200cal :D

Even though my WI's have sucked I'm really excited to be getting into exercise, funny that I am so lazy the rest of the time still lol :p I can feel my fitness improving and that makes me feel good, hopefully will give me backpacking/hiking stamina for travels!
We've gotten a lot of travel stuff organised this past coupla days too- phew! Exciting :D

Today I'm in total nosh mode again, doh! Had to rush breakfast so had my Hex's (bowl of wheatabix) when really I wanted a bug fry up! Had one for lunch instead, always feel a bit limited having Hex's for breakfast :/ am having an EE day though I've decided- has been ages! Had half a spud diced and fried with my fry up AND baked beans :D mmm.
X

WOW @ size 10 dress - you skinnie minnie! Bet it felt amazing when the size 12 was too big. If I ever fit into a size 10 I'll be wearing it inside out so I can show off the tags, LOL! :D You need to post some pics when you wear it for the party, bet it looks amazing :)

Grr @ stupid +2, but at least you know its all down to * week making you all bloaty. Hopefully that and more will be gone by next WI with a bit of luck!

You've been doing great with the exercise. Definitely something I'm going to work on too, it's like you said in my diary, it's ridiculous avoiding exercise because of the water retention when it does our bodies so much good. Your heart monitor sounds fab, must be great to know exactly how many cals you're burning! x

Hate MN making us girls put on weight! It's inevitable though. Great going on the size 10 it feels fab doesn't it! I know it's automatic for us to think 'oh it's just the style of dress' but really we should be shouting it from the rooftops! I agree with the limited feeling regarding hex's, hate it! X

YAY for size 10 dress!! Even if it is just the cut of the dress/elastic thats still so awesome. Can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it for the party (that sounds so pervy but totally not meant to LOL).
In Birmingham theres a vintage salon that does 50's hair and make up and you can have a photoshoot there, maybe thats something to think of as a target treat? Theres bound to be one more local to you. Then again when your bf is a pro photographer why would you pay for a photoshoot lol.

Haha Summer- I def prefer to be behind the camera but G is always snapping anyway!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I had a sneaky WI a day early and the +2 is off but was hoping more of the gain would be off too, oh well... Still *week and tomorrow is official mid week WI so more rentention will hopefully have eased!
Ahh I am not letting the size 10 get to my head as it is seriously mis-sized lol! Today I was in asda buying travel clothes (I literally dont own ANY shorts or trousers- only dresses lol! Imagine exploring Ankor Wat in a dress... Not very Tomb Raider but I'll try ;)) I bought a slightly tight size 10 dress and also a size 16 something- crazy how sizes vary! I also bought some jeans in cancer research that are grey marble wash sort of thing- I really like them! I never ever ever wear jeans! They are skinny fit and SO snug though- almost too snug to wear and a size 16!! So I'm (pretty much) a healthy weight but need to get size 18 jeans?? Those jeans werent vintage btw, so that is no excuse :p Anywhooo! I'm feeling good about my bod at the mo so not too stressed about sizes, the gains recently are annoyig though, so undeserved grr. I'm going to start weighing Hex's again as I have been way too generous with cereal recently :p poured a bowl of sexy fruit n fibre today and it weighed 92g!! I had 2hexB's reserved (70g) but that standard looking bowl was still way over so had to dish some back!
Met dad for lunch today after all- we shared a garlic pizza bread starter (no cheese and very thin bread so dont think syns were awful) then for main I had another starter- baked goats cheese on salad which had rocket and strawberries and a really sweet sauce that was SO nice! It was really yummy but a tiny portion- I really enjoyed it though and it wasnt too.unhealthy so balanced out the naught garlic pizza bread a bit. I wasnt really full so later had a fruit salad from Tesco, felt good to not overeat at a meal out though; I'd rather have nice things in smaller quantity than less nice tgigs in bigger quantity for a similar amount of calories ;)

Red:
______
B- yoghurt, banana
L- garlic pizza bread, baked goats cheese with salad, fruit salad
D- hexB1+2 fruit n fibre with chopped banana and strawberries, hexA milk. Some slices of cooked chicken with branstons pickle and raw spinach leaves
Snacks- nectarine, muller, beef jerky
______

Not exactly the kinda day you lose weight from but not a blow out either! No exercise- feel a bit guilty! (which is good! But funny since a month ago I wouldnt have batted an eyelid at a couple of days without exercise lol!)

Mum is over tomorrow with bro. Basically I am now going to be off plan until after the weekend as it's my dad's big 50th do on sat ( = drinking!) then his lunch out on sun, and tomorrow I'll do what I can but unpredictable as bro and mum might want a take away or we might use up the last cheese fondue in the fridge. Friday I might be able to do a fast/exercise day unless mum stays over! We'll see.
Will def get G to take some pics of my 50's polkadot outfit!
X

WI this same was thr same as yest (obvs) so 13st9lbs and still 3lbs above my lowest. Period weight should be gone by now, I need to.analyze things a bit as this should be my best loss time... G was like "but you are doing fast days :S" but I think the problem is on non fast days I'm not.having big meals, just lots of small ones/snacking. I am not cooking much these days and clearly my calorie intake is matching that of which I am needing to run as I am just maintaining/gaining. Sigh! I need to be more strict about SW again. Last night after my bowl of cereal I had my hand in the fruit n fibre box nibbling it as if it didnt cou t but I probably had an extra hexB worth that way!
Unfortunately it'll be hard to be on plan between now and Mon but I will try today and tomorrow to do the best I can while mum and bro are here. I am going to start the morning off with kettleworx then might start making turkey meatballs for everyone for lunch. X

Feeling really down about my recent gains now- I just checked my wii graph and I was this weight a month ago :'( ffs. In fact, 16th of Jan I was down to 13st8! I have only lost 4lbs this year :'( I knew it had gotten harder but I didnt realise my progress had been THAT bad. Argh!! I need to get my act together!!

Sophie... I say this with only kindness... do you think you should just go back to the normal slimming world plan? I'm not someone who is opposed to fasting by the way, I occassionally do it and I certainly have some low calorie days in the mix. I just think that your body doesn't know what is happening. Add to the mix your TOTM, regular flights etc, sudden increase in exercise maybe it's just all to much and it isn't sure what to do! I think going back to basics SW style might be a good idea, along with the exercise and see if you have losses that way. If not, back to the drawing board. I think with a now "ideal" BMI its completely normal to slow down, and technically you've still lost a pound every 2-3 weeks. Your body is healthy now, you're a healthy size, so the loss won't be easy or dramatic. The toning and dropping a dress size will come with time and effort but you will get there. I hate to see you downhearted. You've been on a fabulous journey and the finish line is clearly in sight. I think beating yourself up over it will only interfere with the last bit more.

Anyway, I hope you don't take any offence to that, I'm just saying what I see and your diary seems a bit erratic recently so I thought I'd point out what it looks like as an outsider :) Hope you don't mind that.

I know you've done research into fasting etc though, something I don't claim to have done so if you think that's the best way for you to continue obviously that's your choice and me and your other minis friends will be here to support you, cheering you on til you reach your goal :D

Back