Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey MrsGinger, you are totally right and I do need to go back to sw basics but I've become so complacent of it :( also being away for shoots where my food control is crap I was hoping fasting could be a way I can balance the bad time away in a shorter time, but I think in the process I've lost the SW plot a bit! I want more treats now than before :/ harder to fight than before for some reason!
I havent really lost 1lb every few weeks- really I lost those 4lbs in two weeks and then have just fluctuated up and down since! Grr, frustrated with myself for being such a mixture of controllimg/obsessive and too casual with treats at the same time!
Noshed on chocolate with family here today, really craving it argh! Had two pieces of toblerone, 8 or so mikado and a handful of maltesers... Fjfjkdhd

Soph, don't stress! You have done so well!

If I were you I'd go easy on myself until after your Dads celebrations then on Monday have a good read of the SW books and do a big shop to get your head back in the game...

But you've been doing this much longer than me and have achieved so much more than me so I won't pretend to be an expert!!x

Glad I didn't offend :)

I think maybe have a few days off with the upcoming stuff then plan to be back on plan. Time off will shake it up ready for a fresh start. It's tempting to try a quick fix but with a healthy bmi I really don't think you need one. Slow and steady wins the race at this point xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww Soph I really hate to see you like this! I agree with Mrs Ginger that going back to basics with SW is the best way forward. You seem to be really craving things a lot lately. Do you think the days you do the fasts are making it harder for you on your normal SW days? I only say that because if it were me and I was going a whole day without food/under 600 calories, I'd kinda feel like I'd earned the right to be more noshy on the other days if that makes sense?

I definitely wouldn't try to be super strict this weekend, you want to enjoy yourself and have fun without food stress in the back of your mind. Just draw a line on Monday and start afresh, reading the books again is definitely a good idea as it always gives me loads of inspiration. Hopefully shaking things up will help with the losses. I know you don't expect mega losses every week now you're in the healthy weight range, but you work so hard that you deserve a loss each week, even if its just a pound! You've come such a long way and I can see how much you want this, so there's no doubt in my mind you'll get over this 'plateau' phase soon, it's just such a pain in the ass for you when you must be so impatient now to get to goal.

One other thing to try is to take some measurements. I bet you've lost loads of inches since starting your exercise. It might be a way to give yourself a bit of a boost even when the scales aren't dropping like they should be.

Chin up chicka, just think of that size 10 dress! xx

I really, really liked what Miss Ginger said :) I think you're jumping your body around too much by having great fast days but then having these munchy off plan days and I think it's balancing out. Plus the extra, new exercise. Our bodies take a good long while to get used to doing something new and you are absolutely bombarding yourself right now and it must be going "WTF Sophie, pick one!!" ;)
I think fast days ARE good for you, but not if it's giving you crazy mad cravings that you can't control and then making you feel guilty and rubbish and it's almost like you're punishing yourself.

Only saying this because you know I love you to bits and I care very much. I think you've piled on the pressure too much with going travelling. I did this myself before I went to Sweden. I wanted to be thin and super fit and basically all round awesome and I ended up putting on weight and my exercise slowing to virtually nothing. Obv this was around the time I started getting ill, but I very clearly remember the immense pressure I put on myself :eek:

I think you need to take a deep breath, look at some pictures, talk to G and your friends/family, and take a moment to see what you have achieved! Not what's left to go and how you would love your arms to be slimmer or jeans in a smaller size or being able to climb mountains..... Just look at what you HAVE done. Because? It's f*cking amazing and anyone can see how well you've done and I'm pretty sure everyone on here would count you as an inspiration :D

Anyway, will leave you alone. But BIG *hug*!!!!!xx

Thanks everyone! You are all (ALL of you) completely right! But even though I have this stuff in the back of my mind I'm constantly over thinking it all... The problem right now is very much short term, but if I let myself go wild over the weekend planning to be good next week- well... I can't! Because I'm off to Bahrain on Wednesday for 4 days where I'll have no control again, then I'm back for a few days and then off to Saudi :(
Mum was over last night and I was talking to her about it, and I really think these trips are what are screwing me over. I've always said that the first week of SW was hard, then once I pushed through that 100% I found it easy until I got back from a slightly off plan holiday and would have to push through that struggle 100% week again (like a detox!) - I did this recently and I felt much better and had a 100% week under my belt and was feeling really good about things... But then I had a trip to Dubai and it screwed me over, I had all the nasty withdrawal stuff when I tried to eat good (kinda feels like a mild version of coming off heroin when you've been eating bad all week and start to eat good again, I find LOL! Not quite (not that I'd really know!) but... y'know?). At the moment I don't have time to push through these detox periods knowing it'll all be easier after- because at the mo I just think of how crappy it'll be to push through the struggle week a week after because I'm back from another work trip!
Anyway, it's all short term- the season in the middle east is nearly over so these two trips will probably be my last until winter now... But I think that's really where things have gone wrong this year. Fast days don't make me have cravings so much, but I've been having cravings more since xmas, since being off plan and not detoxing properly with a 100% week until much later.
I don't know if I'll do any fast days between now and the trip, we'll see. I haven't got many days left at home!

The other thing I realised is I just started taking this contraceptive pill to hopefully help my PCOS while I'm away (also so I can skip a period or two by taking it continuously!) and that is quite likely giving me the extra cravings because it's a big hormone change up I'm not used to yet. Yesterday all I wanted to do was eat chocolate :( in the evening I wasn't physically hungry but my body was going mental for sugar! I haven't done a fast day since Monday btw! Only my 5th day on this pill so I'm guessing it'll take some time to settle things down a bit. Does this mean I can excuse eating more chocolate? ;) hehe.

I think the main thing right now I can do is weigh my Hex's... My scales ran out of batt a while back and I got lazy. Last night I weighed my cereal and then later I had more cereal on top of that *sigh* not a good day. I did eat a lot of fruit in the afternoon though, but probably a lot of calories worth lol.

Oh Soph, I understand how difficult it is, especially when you are forced to think on the short term.

I don't really have any pearls of wisdom to offer but I do sympathise!!x

Thanks everyone! You are all (ALL of you) completely right! But even though I have this stuff in the back of my mind I'm constantly over thinking it all... The problem right now is very much short term, but if I let myself go wild over the weekend planning to be good next week- well... I can't! Because I'm off to Bahrain on Wednesday for 4 days where I'll have no control again, then I'm back for a few days and then off to Saudi :(
Mum was over last night and I was talking to her about it, and I really think these trips are what are screwing me over. I've always said that the first week of SW was hard, then once I pushed through that 100% I found it easy until I got back from a slightly off plan holiday and would have to push through that struggle 100% week again (like a detox!) - I did this recently and I felt much better and had a 100% week under my belt and was feeling really good about things... But then I had a trip to Dubai and it screwed me over, I had all the nasty withdrawal stuff when I tried to eat good (kinda feels like a mild version of coming off heroin when you've been eating bad all week and start to eat good again, I find LOL! Not quite (not that I'd really know!) but... y'know?). At the moment I don't have time to push through these detox periods knowing it'll all be easier after- because at the mo I just think of how crappy it'll be to push through the struggle week a week after because I'm back from another work trip!
Anyway, it's all short term- the season in the middle east is nearly over so these two trips will probably be my last until winter now... But I think that's really where things have gone wrong this year. Fast days don't make me have cravings so much, but I've been having cravings more since xmas, since being off plan and not detoxing properly with a 100% week until much later.
I don't know if I'll do any fast days between now and the trip, we'll see. I haven't got many days left at home!

The other thing I realised is I just started taking this contraceptive pill to hopefully help my PCOS while I'm away (also so I can skip a period or two by taking it continuously!) and that is quite likely giving me the extra cravings because it's a big hormone change up I'm not used to yet. Yesterday all I wanted to do was eat chocolate :( in the evening I wasn't physically hungry but my body was going mental for sugar! I haven't done a fast day since Monday btw! Only my 5th day on this pill so I'm guessing it'll take some time to settle things down a bit. Does this mean I can excuse eating more chocolate? ;) hehe.

I think the main thing right now I can do is weigh my Hex's... My scales ran out of batt a while back and I got lazy. Last night I weighed my cereal and then later I had more cereal on top of that *sigh* not a good day. I did eat a lot of fruit in the afternoon though, but probably a lot of calories worth lol.

Oh Sophie I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. I know it's tough, but look at it in the way that over your life you're bound to fluctuate, everyone does, and you can't go your whole life without enjoying holidays or different food or even a week of completely rubbish food, it's just the getting back into it that sucks. You've done SO well, please don't beat yourself up about it.

I can completely sympathize with the pill issue, when I first started taking mine I had such bad cravings, mainly for Pringles, I'm ashamed to admit I could easily polish off a tub in an hour and then a few hours later crave more. It's completely different to just "fancying" some chocolate or something naughty, it's like a constant tapping in your head about it!

Hope you feel better soon.
XxX

Thanks guys.
Llama- I know we fluctuate and if I were maintaining I'd be fine right now, but I reeeeally wanted to be 15lbs+ lighter than I currently am for travels, I've pushed myself all year with travels at the deadline :/ but anyway, time to get over that!

Decided to do a nice green day today! Maybe carbs will help my cravings a bit :) weighed my reduced fat cheese and just cooked pasta for the first time in 6 months or so?! Was yummy. Also stocked up on fruit and veg from the maeket so I have lots of berries and yummies for snacking on today :) back to basics is definitely the way to go I think! Will be interesting to see if my tum reacts to the gluten as last time I had pasta I had a tummy ache and wondered if it was from the pasta or not!

I am feeling really rough today, felt quite unwell this morning but a bit better this afternoon. G is so streased about travel stuff and being put back by family stuff (mum over yest, dad's do tomorrow and his bday lunch on Sunday, eesh!) need to crack on!
X

Hey hun just caught up - I too agree with all your other friends, I know we had this conversation before last month when I was worried about you....it does worry me that you are mentally screwing with yourself over this weight loss, your losses, whatever diet you are on, are going to be slow and small and some weeks non-existent...why? Because you are so close to target - the last few pounds will hold on for dear life!

I know you like the idea of 5:2 but lets face it, and I think Cheesey Bev Thief will agree with me here too, fasting/low cals do not necessary make you lose quicker! Fasting doesn't necessarily equal weight loss.

I don't know if you were ever Mini friends with Minky Dinky....? She lost an amazing amount of weight, just like you and was down to the last few pounds, almost at target and the pressure she put on herself and that her C put on her was immense and she stopped posting on here, and we all missed her loads. She is now back (as of yesterday) and she has gained a little weight, but she is happy - she realised that she was making herself unhappy trying to get to her goal that she needed to take a step back from it, she left class and left minis. Maybe this holiday will make you take stock of everything and make you relax a bit more about life and what its all about for you and what you want out of it.

You will get there, I don't necessarily mean target, which I hope you do - but if you don't I hope you find the place where you are happy....and the place where you are happy might not be looking down at some silly old scales and seeing the number you want to see, it might be something completely different.

We do all love you and care for you and that is why we are being honest with you and saying how we feel. I for one would give anything to be your height and your weight and have your beauty, there is always someone out there you want to look like isn't there.... who is yours?

I would like to have Kelly Brook's figure!

Thanks guys.
Llama- I know we fluctuate and if I were maintaining I'd be fine right now, but I reeeeally wanted to be 15lbs+ lighter than I currently am for travels, I've pushed myself all year with travels at the deadline :/ but anyway, time to get over that!

Sorry Hun, I've been bad catching up and was looking at your stats, thought you were closer to goal, hope I didn't offend you.
X

Llama - I haven't really figured out what my target is, the current one set is just what I originally put as a guess (a couple of pounds lower than 'ideal BMI') but now I know that I'd like at least another stone off. I am still wearing size 16 jeans after all :eek: I'd like to be much nearer the middle of 'healthy BMI' than at the borderline too. You didn't offend me, don't worry! I'm really grateful for all of the advice people give on here :)

Charley - I think fasting could work for me, but my lifestyle with the shoots has made structure with SW difficult. As I said in my previous post, I really need to detox a 100% SW week if I'm going to get the cravings out of me and htat first week is tough before it gets back to normal- but having to re-do that tough week every time I've been away is really testing! I've put the pressure on this past couple of months but the pressure is just because I wanted to be lugging less weight (and, OK, looking better in pics ;) ) for travels, so I guess I'll get over it now that there's not much more I can do! I understand that weight loss gets harder towards target, sure, but I weigh more now than mid Jan- that's not the same thing! That's my will power fading because I've done this for a year now and I want change, I'm bored :eek: I get like this with every aspect of my life! SW worked great for me but a year of it and I'm bored and want to try new things that can keep me on my toes! I'm such a foodie and it's weird but doing fast days has let me eat things I don't normally eat on SW which is really cool!
But yeah, I totally agree that I've put too much pressure on and it's just been a funny couple of months; both hard on myself and too relaxed simultaneously lol!
I do think at least my fitness has improved which was something I wanted for travels too :D more walking/hiking stamina! I'm sure all of the activity away will balance out my relaxed eating out there, and if I gain a bit- oh well! I can focus when I come back, but I won't get to try all that amazing food on my doorstep like on this trip ;) so I won't be skimping on calories out there!

You are totally right about people forever wanting to look like someone/thing else- my size 8 colleague who I shoot in Dubai with is an absolute BABE, and she was like "Damn, I haven't been to the gym for ages and it's showing!" ha! She's tiny! But we are our own harshest critics, right? I don't think I was my own before SW though as I used to pretend I wasn't large at all- bet a lot of people thought lower of me than I allowed myself to think, but now it's totally reversed! Weird, eh?

The nosh-monster has lingered all day but I've made more of an effort to fight it! I'll have some dinner soon and so far I've used 7.5 syns so I'll use the rest on a treat later probably. I feel more in control though, in a good way- a green day has allowed me to loosen the carb reins but also get hold of the SW reins a bit as it's been quite different to Red, it's given me the 'change' I needed perhaps. Though I really f*ckin' loved the turkey burgers I made on yesterday's red day- WOW they were awesome! The whole family said so too :D put some wm breadcrumbs in the turkey to make them less dry and lots of spices, then topped with bacon and cheese :D so good!

Aww Soph I really hate to see you like this! I agree with Mrs Ginger that going back to basics with SW is the best way forward. You seem to be really craving things a lot lately. Do you think the days you do the fasts are making it harder for you on your normal SW days? I only say that because if it were me and I was going a whole day without food/under 600 calories, I'd kinda feel like I'd earned the right to be more noshy on the other days if that makes sense?

I definitely wouldn't try to be super strict this weekend, you want to enjoy yourself and have fun without food stress in the back of your mind. Just draw a line on Monday and start afresh, reading the books again is definitely a good idea as it always gives me loads of inspiration. Hopefully shaking things up will help with the losses. I know you don't expect mega losses every week now you're in the healthy weight range, but you work so hard that you deserve a loss each week, even if its just a pound! You've come such a long way and I can see how much you want this, so there's no doubt in my mind you'll get over this 'plateau' phase soon, it's just such a pain in the ass for you when you must be so impatient now to get to goal.

One other thing to try is to take some measurements. I bet you've lost loads of inches since starting your exercise. It might be a way to give yourself a bit of a boost even when the scales aren't dropping like they should be.

Chin up chicka, just think of that size 10 dress! xx

This! I was gonna say the same thing about the fasting.

Hope you get your mojo back soon x

Hey!
Hope you're doing ok today. You sound a bit more relaxed anyway. Coz Green Days are awesome ;)

We are our own worst enemies and critics, we really are. I can't believe how critical I was when I was almost 11 stone. And now I'm almost 12 stone I would kill to be back where I was! Trying :) But I know what you mean.

And yeah the pill will be doing a right number on you. When I trialed the mini pill it was awful! I can only use progesterone only contraceptive stuff, but the only one I've found that works all-round is the injection. Less cravings and virtually no periods. But I remember all too well what the pill was like. Ick!! So good luck with that ;) xx

Think all pills take a few mo ths to really adjust to... I have such awful periods that if this means I can bypass one or two while travelling then bring it on! Also might help sort out my pcos :fingerscrossed: !

Tummy aches like mad right now!! :( think I have come to the conclusion that my body dislikes pasta!
Made sw chips for tea and they were awesome!! Had never made.them before but wow :D preferred them to mcDs chips! Def going to have more potato in my life (I ate half of them between boiling and baking, just like sliced new potato lol! Was yummy!)
Superfree was loads of fruit before the chips, and I made carrot chips too and roast an onion in there also. Syns used wisely (few squares of oreo cadburys!) and alllll hex's weighed :D very yummy double hexB bowl of fruit n fibre this eve- used about 10g of allowamce on puffed wheat to bulk it out a but and that made it go further. THe raisind in FnF are so chewy that it really prolongs the eating of it though- I love them!
So one 100% green day down... A weekend of naughties to go :p I will dance lots of calories off tomorrow though! Might even wear my polar chest strap and see how many I can burn from dancing LOL *freak*

Sophie, can I just say that having been away from this forum for almost a year...WOW - YOU LOOK AMAZING!

:bighug:

Thanks Wii! How are you doing?? Great that you're back!! X

Thanks Wii! How are you doing?? Great that you're back!! X

Thanks Sophie. I'm doing okay thanks. It's good to be back.:)

Hi Soph, just wanted to wish you a lovely night tonight!

I bet you'll look amazing in your dress and all those people who haven't seen you in a while will bring your amazing achievements right back home!

You'll be the belle of the ball ;)

x

Back