Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Thanks guys :D I had a really, really great time and dressing up felt awesome! It's just what I needed to straighten my head out about my weight loss stuff- I feel SO much better now :)
MAN I got wasted :p I had god knows how many glasses of wine (got there at 7pm, left at 3am!) and as 'daughter of the host' we got free booze all night ;) and then at around 1am they brought around TRAYS of SHOTS! Awesome! I had 3 Sambuca shots in about 2 minutes (when already plastered!) then had a vodka shot a bit later- I don't remember much about leaving the party but all I know was it only bloody caught up with me once I stopped dancing LOL. Anyway- an amazing night! I felt so awesome in my dress :D we took loads of pictures too, sorry for anyone who's seen these on IG or FB already!

50scloseup.jpg
140322_120457-22660-800-600-80.jpg
140322_130437-22695-800-600-80.jpg
140322_130529-22696-800-600-80.jpg
1382123_10200790993017731_28046937_n.jpg
^A not so flattering arm pic- they def need some more work!
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 23.48.29.png
^I bloody love this one though :D 'skinny arm' technique haha!
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 23.49.20.png
^A bit drunk!
Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 23.49.39.png
^Me and my daddy before the party!
Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 11.43.55.png
^We totally abused that photobooth LOL
Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 11.44.12.png
^My dad and bro :D
6980_10153887849020618_112816537_n.jpg
^Pre-party selfie in the gents loos lol! L-R: Dad, G, Me, Bro and bro's friend.

Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 11.44.28.png
^Me and my sister Lola the next day.

As you can see, we had a lot of fun :D
I feel really good about the photos- it's so weird not cringing at my size! I am much less hesitant about others taking my picture now and I really enjoy looking through them- it used to be my worst nightmare! It's given me a real confidence boost :)
Actually- at the party they had a slide show of pics of my dad + fam and him growing up and stuff... There were some really awful ones of me as an obese teen- it felt so awkward to look at them but at the same time was such a great reminder of how far I've come! Part of me has blocked out that I was ever like that, but everyone else remembers and compares me (in a positive way though!) my grandma said "You are so beautiful now!" again LOL... She never approved before :p even though she's obese herself!

Anyway- consumed about a billion syns! I burnt 350cal before I left doing circuity stuff around my room for half an hour to try and soften the blow a bit :p I didn't eat much before the party and AT the party the food I ate was pretty OK! They had these bowls of food being offered around- kinda like large canipes with a whole meal in them but people were offering them from a tray; I shared a few bites of G's ones- there was a Thai chicken curry that was AMAZING! Very coconutty :p I'm REALLY looking forward to food on our travels now ;)
I probably burnt another 350cal dancing- maybe 45 mins of dancing in total but did work up quite a sweat! I didn't wear my polar though lol :p was too drunk to set that up!
We stayed at a B&B which was nice, had porridge pots and fruit for breaky then went to dad's house to chill out until pub lunch at 3. Was really nice to hang out with the family and everyone was hungover but in SUCH great spirits- was lovely! And so sunny :)
I felt so ill though :/ I had some granola to try and settle my stomach- OMG it was delicious but so calorific! The calories for 40g were 250! Coco pops are only like 140cal for that much!! Was yummy though ;) I bet a lot of people think they are being healthy to eat that- I would have before!
At lunch we ordered these sharer starters which were delicious- I ended up having 3 starters on my own though pretty much! Baked goats cheese, cauliflower fritters and thai chicken salad (not as good as at the party, and quite healthy/not oily or saucey!) then I was so full I cancelled my main course! I did have ice cream after though and then tried some bits of others' desserts- felt so sick and full on the drive home and really guilty :/
Anyway- despite all that pretty thrilled with an STS today :D must have been my post *week water levels balancing that out as I've had gains recently from far less damage! But am really happy :p also really needed to poop on the way home and then the need went and I haven't been able to- damn it! That probably would have given me a tiny loss ;)

Am going to have a 100% day today, maybe another green day, maybe a red... we'll see! But I do plan on cooking something yummy!
x

Just want to be the first in here. Sophie, you are stunning! You really, really are! And you and G are one of those disgusting, ridiculously good looking couples ;)

So glad you had such a good time at your Dad's party. Did your Dad and all your family have a good time too?

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about Slimming World and weightloss and stuff. I had a bit of a SW breakdown yesterday too :eek: xx

Already stalked IG and love the pics what a great confidence boost having all those pics of you looking fab! Also I hope it's a great incentive not to get your knickers in a twist about reaching a certain weight before your travels :) you look and feel fabulous right now so who cares how long it takes to reach your final goal xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks guys! It really has helped me untwist my knickers lol! Speaking of which- my knickers actually fell down while dancing LOL! I still sometimes wear knickers from when I was at my biggest :eek: embarassing NSV! No-one saw though :p phew!
Everyone had an awesome time at the party- my dad knows how to throe an epic party!!

Dayyyymmmm girl! You look amazinnnnggggg! :) G is so cute too, you make a lovely couple! He actually reminds me of someone famous but I can't think who... I'll let you know if/when I remember! I think it was a bond villain or something... hmmm, it's gonna bug me now!

I'm so glad you had a lovely time and you feel back in a good place again. LOL @ knickers falling down. At least no-one saw. I'm like that with my leggings, always hitching them up as I walk to walk :p

Enjoy your SW day! :) xxx

Bond villain hahaha! His hair looked so awful slicked back for the 50's theme :p not a good look on his hair line! He just had it cut a bit too short for my liking but it'll be a good length in a few weeks hopefully.

One word: STUNNING

So beautiful!!

Glad you had such a nice time!

Also, I agree with CT, G reminds me of someone too!!x

Thanks everyone! Hi Tasha :D!

Quick post- am en royte to airport for a shoot in Bahrain. Weighed in thid morning and a bloody 3lb gain!!! Ffs! I have been doing EE/green this week and I can tell I'm overdoing the carbs :/ I feel heavier! I am now half a stone up :(
Work trip wont help for weight and the return flight sucks SO bad- 4am flight, 5.30am stop over for 2hrs then land 8hrs later at 11am UK time :/ I can never sleep on flights so it'll be horrible and I'll probably be on the wine to get through it! Balls.
So stressed out; last night I was informed that my Saudi visa fir next week hasnt gone through yet meaning the company need my passport back after this trip- whixh means I dont have time to get my Chinese visa :'( might havr to cut it from our trip now. So stressed that I comfort ate a medium size bowl of coco pops after dinner to calm down :/ I have 4 days between these two work trips and thats it for my time on London before our travels! Looking more and more unlikely now :/ still not booked.
Bought some chupa chups for hr flight- 1.5 syns lasts ages that way! Am going to get some sushi at the aiport too as we board after lunch- f*ck it, I want something to enjoy amongst all this stress!
X

Oh mate that sucks about the passport issue :( Do they have a short time where you can apply for a visa for China? I know absolutely nothing visa's!

Sorry about the 3lb gain too. Surely not a true 'fat' gain though? But I understand your frustrations :( Our bodies are being right b*stards this year aren't they?!
Hope the work trip isn't too stressful.xx

Tasha- I really dont haha! I just freelance for this company that do shoots in the middle east- just filmimg really boring arabic weddings to be honest :p

Cheeky- Saudi visa takes 48hrs, China visa takes 3 days (when paying for express visa!) and I am only back for 4 - would take 5 days for both and need it to fly :( to be honest though, cutting China out gives us more breathing space and takes a lot of the stress away as G has Japan pretty sussed and the rest of the trip (Thailand, Cambodia and Bali) we can totally wing as you can just show up and book flights/trains on the day where for China you need to book sleeper trains 2 weeks in advance! Also as they speak 0 English in a lot of the places we wanted to go, we really needed to be wised up on every day trip (busses and where to get them etc) as asking for directions is a sharades nightmare- 4 weeks of travels to prepare in detail for- realistically aint gonna happen! But if we scrap China (make another trip of that in the future) we wont have epic amounts of research to do each night before bed to make up for what we havent got details for- if that makes sense?? So we wonder if the visa thing is a blessing in disguise!
As I type this my Bahrain visa is being prepped at the airport! It is 5am and we have to be up at 1pm for the shoot so hope it is quick today- argh! So tired already.

Flights sucked, felt so crap as I slept awful due to stress- woke up hourly :( ate a lot today, felt guilty throughout! Made a quick list:

Jamaican cake bar 111 cal x2
Sushi cheap box (small)
Firecracker chicken/rice
Fruit box
Dried mango 290cal
Milk buttons 75cal
Chewy delight
Beef and mash potato (plane meal)
4 crackers (100cal) + sweet chilli and dairylea
Brownie plane pud (250cal?)
Mango juice
100cal pret dessert pot
Small frozen yog in dubai airport
Alpen light
Fruit and nuts bag on bahrain flight (180)
Small cheese sub roll (bahrain flight meal)
Choc muffin (came with meal)

Ouch! If I gained 3lbs by staying fairly on ee plan then this is not going to help :rolleyes: I always overeat on planes- today felt sick from tiredness too so ate to try and fill that!
Someone slap my hand! X

Oh god, your work life really messes your healthy eating up doesn't it! It would totally do the same with me.
Oooh Japan! I always fancy there, might go one day. Tokyo is the only other place I REALLY wanna go besides NYC but I've done NYC so Tokyo is next in the dream list lol enjoy Hun x

Wow mate, that's some serious snackage! You sound so stressed :( Really hope you're ok and the shoot goes well.

Sucks about the China visa, but seems like it really could be a good thing. And you can always spend some time in China another time :) It does make sense what you said! xx

Bahrain was fantastic!
The shoot was a mixed wedding (much more fun than female only!) and I really bonded with the bride while we filmed her getting ready- she was so much fun! We did the couple shoot inside this fancy vintage car they had in the venue for people to take pictures with :D she invited us for her post wedding brunch the next day on this private resort island!! Free awesome food, booze, private beach- NICE!
Food was so awfully off plan, I bet.I am a stone up from my lowest now, but oh well... We only live once and that trip felr like a mini holiday with all the food goodies ;) so many mini puddings too at both the wedding amd brunch LOL crap...
The flight home was HORRIFIC. We got to the airport at 2am, first leg was at 3.50am but was slightly delayed, had an hour layover in Dubai then 7hrs flight back and landed at healthrow at 11am UK time having only had.a couple of.patches of naps. Delay meant our bgas didnt get on the flight in time so took an hour to sort that (they got courriered over at MIDNIGHT when I was bloody knackered!) then a nasty 2hr cab from heathrow- felt so sick on it! So a great trip but tarnished by the most horrific night flight ever.

Some good news though- ASIA TRIP IS BOOKED!!! YEAH BABY!! 8th April - 8th July :D I will do some sort of travel diary but wont be a fancy travel writingy one, wont have time for that but will take.notes to work in travel writing on my return. Will be a bit more relaxed and fun with pictures, hopefully I'll find time to post in it!
Psyched!

Hope you all are well! I only have 4 days left in the UK before Saudi work trip, then back for 12hrs or so before we fly to Japan!! So much to do so probably wont have time to catch up on all of your diaries ;( add me on facebook though if you havent already so we can stay in touch there! Url is fb dot com /sophie7 x

Wow Bahrain sounds amazing! Shame the travel was so shitty!

And 3 months of travelling??? WOW!!

I'll def be doing some fbook stalking and keeping up with your travel pics etc!

Hope you have a fantastic time and enjoy as much Asian cuisine & culture as possible! x

Back