Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Aww i know I was so sorry to hear about your cat :( hope the other one is getting on ok on his own. I think cats areso independent that he will be fine.

Well done on your day going well food wise :) the water weight is a killer but it soon goes down! I bet when you get a battery it'll be down an extra couple of pounds x

Welcome home hun!! Just had a big catch up and read through your mega post, what an amazing adventure! Had a face palm moment when I misread about you seeing some 'slow lorrys' in the jungle... :eek: Had to have a google, they must be so cute to see in person! Out of all the places you went I loved seeing your Cambodia pics, they look absolutely amazing. Definitely one for my 'must see' list, it's good the people are nice too. When I sent to Tunisia the other month the locals were pretty horrible and it really marred the whole trip.

What's it feel like to be back at home? Are you full of the travel bug still or enjoying the rest? Must have been so tiring lugging all your stuff around from place to place. Hope G's feeling better now he's home, must be crappy to get sick on a trip like that.

It seems like you've been gone for aggggesss, I was in the 19's when you left! :eek: Don't stress about the gain, you've lost 4lbs in a couple of days and I'm sure the rest will be off in the next few weeks. If anything eating a bit higher cal might have revved up your metabolism.

Bet it feels good to be back on SW after a break, I've had a weekend 'off' for the first time in ages and even after just a few days break I'm enjoying my food a lot more now.

Must have been really sad bringing little Chewie home without his bro, are you going to get another one to keep him company or leave things as they are? Like Rochelle says cats are independent anyway, bet he's glad to be back at home with you guys though :)

Hope you're having a good week and enjoying all the catching up with everyone, I bet you have a crazy tan! x

Chewie's doing great Cant get over how damn purty he is :D he has lost his pudgy kitten look and is all slemder and silky with such beautiful markings! I'm not sure if we'll get another one... I'm always so paranoid they'll get out as we live a floor up on a main road with no garden and lost Zombie on the side road... Too busy around here :(
I fell in love with so many poodles in Japan that I really want one :p a scruffy small one, not all fancy and trimmed... G would want a puppy though but I kinda want a chilled older rescue dog.

Being back kinda sucks, my family are all flying off to Portugal for 3 weeks today and I wish I was coming with them (though holy crao I'd balloon out there from all the crap they eat and all the drinking!!)
But yeah, feel really lost amd demotivated now :( still havent started looking through pics. It is my bday on Sunday and I am dreading it... Might go out to a club the nught before and celebrate at midnight but always feel lousy and unloved on my bday and no-one is around :( bestie and family are away, hmph.

Really nice to be back to homey foods! Had my sister and bro over yest so made an easy batch of pasta and had a green day.

Eliza is coming over today and mum in the eve but just cba with anything to be honest :/ feel depressed.

Hey guys! I've had a miracle weigh in today :D I was dreading it as I'm due on any minute, but another 3lbs of my gain off!! So TECHNICALLY that's 7lbs off since Thursday :eek: AWESOME. I'm so relieved! Just 7lbs of gain left to blitz... Though I doubt it'll be quite as easy as this week's was ;)
So am down to 14st 4lbs and get my shiny 6st award back! I weighed this much at the start of December so am trying to zone into how good I felt then rather than dwelling on feeling fatter than before my trip :p

Feeling so good to be back on plan! Yesterday my friend came over and munched her way through a family bag of salt and vinegar french fries crisps while I ate a carrot ;) in the evening I was quite craving though but had a 5 syn choc dessert treat.

I'm having a root canal done later at the dentist :/ really nervous about it as my mum said hers was horrific *cry* but my friend got free tickets to see Shakespeare in Love tonight so am excited about that :D

x

Hey matey!
Bit of an up and down couple of days?
Amazing on the loss!! :D Hope that helps cheer you a little.

I remember how I felt coming back from Sweden, and not all of it illness related! To have been on an adventure as epic of yours I guess you're bound to feel low being back home, especially with everyone buggering off on holiday. Be nice to yourself :)

Hope the dentist went well. I had a root-canal when I was about 10yrs old. I remember it very well, but not from anything bad! The dentist I had when I was younger was amazing! I had to have the surgery done twice tho. ick!!! My dentist issues only turned up later in life when normal anaesthetic stopped working on me, so now it's a bit of a nightmare and I went through a really horrible stage where no one believed me and, yeah, not nice!!
Really really hope it was ok.xx

Hi Sophie,
Just logged in to catch up. Wow sounds like you really had the trip of a lifetime!!
Well done on getting back on track and dont beat yourself up for the gain. Food is part of culture so imagine how much you would have missed out on if you tried to stick to SW whilst away.

Good to see you back xx

Hey! Yeah, I'm so over the gain guilt now that half has already vanished! *relief*
I've been a bit relaxed about Hex's so not like I've been super strict either, can tighten the reigns again later (I mean... Proper hex amounts :p no more obsessing! *coughyeahright*)

Yesterday had an EE day- sausage and soba noodle stir fry (really good and totally improvised! Tried to make it like chinese sausage- sweet and spicy mmm) then dinner was a red friendly subway salad after my friend's gig (where I was good as gold and didn't have one of those fantastically calorific colourful Swedish ciders I love so much, nor a drop of liquor!)

Root canal was traumatic as it took three needles to numb me and by the third I was crying hysterically (phobic) but the root canal bit was fine and didn't hurt. I'm more worried about the other tooth which needs extracting and apparently is likely to break on the way (as it's half broken already!) so they've put me forward for laughing gas but I have to wait 2 months.

Tonight I'm getting p*ssed with friends as a pre-bday thing, I think we're going to this rock club I like in Camden- Sin City- should be fun :) tomorrow might be going to this other club too but not sure I'll have the energy! But yeah- the syns will be flown' tonight! And Sunday G's going to take me for grub as a bday treat so basically this weekend is a bit of a write off for SW but will be trying to be good in the meals between naughties ;) might even wear my polar dancing to see what I burn LOL if it doesn't f*ck with my outfit that is :p would be fun- I really prance about at rock clubs haha!

Last edited:
Well done for getting through the root canal!! Dentist injections are bizarre anyway, never mind if you're needle phobic. So I think you did very well :)
One of my molars cracked and had to be taken out because it had basically fallen out by then - it was when I had a temp filling put in because the horrible dentist didn't believe I was in pain. I had to push her off me while she was drilling my face. That's when the issues started! So I avoided the dentist for 2 years, then that tooth broke in half *blush* But my new dentists are great and no hassle with having the other anaesthetic now. I did have one filling done without anaesthetic tho, NEVER AGAIN!! Lol
I'm glad they'd offered you gas. It's horrible to come round from and G will really need to look after you for that day, but it should hopefully keep away your anxiety and you wont have to deal with the phobia :)

Your weekend sounds great!!! Lotsa fun :D x

Oh god root canal :( hope the rest of the work that needs doing goes well. well, as good as it can go I suppose!

Pleased to hear the holiday gain is going down fast! Enjoy your night out x

I'm not AS phobic of mouth injections weirdly- it's in the skin that freaks me out. I was pretty good during the first one- just sort of panicked breathing and clenched fists- but by the 2nd I was crying and by the third I was having a small panic attack :( especially as because the 2nd hadn't worked she said it was unlikely the third would but otherwise they'd have to just pull the tooth and leave a gaping hole there unless I wanted to spend oodles on a fake tooth :/
I had 2 molars break in one week! After years of no teeth issues :/ one of them a filling snapped out and took half the tooth, the other about 1/4 of the tooth came off. The half broken one that's being pulled is right next to my wisdom tooth that's been poking out but unable to come through properly for years- the dentist said it's coming through at a good angle so HOPEFULLY will nicely fill the gap when the broken molar is removed :) I wonder if the wisdom teeth's extra pressure is partially why my teeth both broke :S

Didn't go dancing last night as my friend got ill and G's still a bit ill and tired and my other friend was flying in from Jersey and his flight was delayed- in the end he just came over and we had some sangria and a reaaaally long psychology chat about MBTI until 2am, which was fun :D his type is quite similar to mine and led by the same function (extraverted intuition) and is also G's match for a partner (my type is G's match too ;)) so basically a really good combination of types for epic convos, was really cool!

As I didn't go dancing last night I might go party through the clock turning midnight onto my bday tonight ;) have been meaning to check out this really cool visual/trippy club called Whirl-y-gig so if we have the energy we'll go for a psychedelic dance there :D

Last night had about 5 sangrias but made them without sugar and with diet lemonade- each glass was only about 1/3rd - 1/2 wine so not toooo bad syns wise, also *week has had my appetite SO weird- like not hungry much at all, just snacky/sugar cravingy... Yesterday I had breakfast and then didn't have a meal all day, just small snacks (dairylea light triangles, a tiny bowl of cereal and some ham) so despite the wine was a pretty low calorie day lol!
Not sure about later but f*ck it, birthday weekend, not going to hold back :p and there WILL be a blow out meal on Sunday too, since I've got nothing really planned other than a hangover haha.
x

Rochelle- how comes you've been so quiet on your own diary? Hope you're doing OK? x

Just taught myself how to handstand :D never was able to as a kid- I could cartwheel but never hand stand. I used this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjREMj0zuN0 but actually his technique of starting with hands on the floor and then kicking legs up was way harder than using some momentum from standing position! I started learning against the wall to catch myself and now can do it without the wall and hold myself for about half a second before the balance goes :p but still- NSV! I'd love to join a gymnastics class and learn how to do some fun stuff like flips! ;) also- I wore my polar and I burnt about 100 cal in 15 mins while doing hand stands!

I left the polar on while I moved the furniture, hoovered and did about 25 mins of hand standsand burnt 250cal in the 45 min period :D also about 12 mins of the hand stand stuff was 'zone 2' heart rate which is pretty good :) about 20 seconds in zone 3 too which is the highest! But I took lots of short breaks when I got too hot- it's so stuffy and humid in our flat as it is! Scared to have the big windows in in case the cat gets out onto the road...
Feel really energised now- but my legs are so wobbly, like jelly! Haha... Need to work on landing better :p

If anyone is inspired to try some hand stands I definitely recommend spending at least a few mins stretching first- especially your hands/wrists and shoulders and groin/hips. G decided to join in towards the end and was too stubborn to do the practise ones the video shows (kicking your legs into the air sort of half way- prepares your muscles a bit) and went straight into it without warming up or stretching- suffice to say he's been complaining since about his strained wrists :p
x

Rochelle- how comes you've been so quiet on your own diary? Hope you're doing OK? x
I'm fine Hun, started following weight watchers for a change and doing really well on it but of course my old followers were slimming world so there was no craic for me lol I made a new IG, chelles_target_diary and only really use that now.

Well done on the calorie burning! I just got a polar and I love it x

NoooOoOOOoooo :angel09:haha ;)

Actually I haven't been that bad! Bday weekend so obviously was a bit off ;) wine and unlimited sushi restaurant, but my appetite was really odd from *week I think as I just wasn't that into food this weekend :S so weird!
Anyway, did a mid week WI which showed a +1 :( but hadn't seen the poo fairy in ages- she's been twice since so I have higher hopes for tomorrow :p also, did a 2hr 20 min work out in my bedroom yesterday and burnt 1350 calories :D not that I ever get boosted losses from exercise, but still... Felt good to get the blood pumping!

Red day yesterday and so far today too, have been pretty relaxed about SW, not measuring Hex's (trying to estimate correctly though) and going over a bit but having not many syns so the extra Hex's can just be synned. Anyway, if I don't get a loss this week I'll knuckle down with buying a silly flat battery for my kitchen scales so I can weigh cereal again and start being a bit less casual with things. Haven't had cravings recently which has been nice!
x

Just had my weekly WI and I'm down about 1.5lbs from last week. It said -2lbs (meaning taking off the pre-pf pound I gained on Mon and an extra pound) but the chart says I'm down to 14st2lbs so must be more like 1.5lbs... Really wish the wii showed fractions!
Am slightly disappointed as I'd hoped for a big post-*week/back on plan/water weight loss, but still, 1.5lbs is OK especially after birthday treats :rolleyes:

Already caved on the "no shopping until I lose the holiday weight" pact LOL :p but there was a huge sale at New Look! Got some really nice dresses and skirts :D birthday treat :p
Off for lunch at G's family's house today, apparently a picnicy mash up so god knows what I'll have to try and resist today :rolleyes:

1.5lb is a great loss, especially as you had birthday stuff going on. Maybe you'll get a really good loss next week so you'll stop whinging :p

Can't believe you've broken your no shopping thing already LOL! Hope you got some great bargains tho :D

Oh and get some bloody batteries for you scales!! xx

Hey well done! Oh who can resist a bargain :) I am thinking of buying summer clothes in the sales cos Chris and I are planning going on holiday next year! Had to miss out this year with decorating the new house and everything but next year we will be definitely booking a week or two in the sun.

Picniky mash up sounds like a fun lunch!! I'm just imagining loads of sandwiches, crisps, sausage rolls, cakes LOL x

Ohhh there was cake- G's parents bought me bday cake :D couldnt resist... M&S finest... Though the slab they gave me was huge! Following day (Fri) we went to Hyper Japan at Earls Court and I.ate some naughty Japanese goodies I'd been missing- Takoyaki!! Fried squid balls ;) quantity of naugties was small though and had a non dinner (a muller and a dariylea triangle).
Somehow I pushed through a fast day to redeem a bit yesterday- nearly killed me though :( did.t eat until 6pm- a 211cal ww shephards pie- then at 10pm had a mini binge but the calories worked out at exactly my limit pretty much- phew!! But it still was the nearest I've ever had to a binge- lost control and started spooning jam from the jar etc LOL. Wasnt good, not doing any more fast days in a hurry. Didnt sleep well at all either from it.

Anyway! It's done now and back to regular SW. Burnt 400 cal doing 45 mins of exerbeat too :)
X

Aww that's really nice that they bought you a cake :D And no, you couldn't really turn that down!!

The restaurants you go to sound amazing. Don't suppose you've got any recommendations for places to eat near the Natural History Museum?

That fast day sounds awful :( xx

Back