Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

This article about food sensitivity is really interesting! http://m.prevention.com/food/food-remedies/do-you-have-food-sensitivity?cid=socHE_20140812_29546986
Especially the bit about cravings- your body over produces abtibodies to fight what you are sensitive too amd prepare for more-- making you CRAVE what you are sensitive to for a few days after eating it!! This explains SO MUCH. I am so cool with red days until I decide to 'treat' myself to pasta, and then I crave it like mad and find it so hard to cut it out again! Reminds me of a couple of weeks back when I had pasta a few days in a row and felt so sick and tummy achey from it, but still wanted more :/
Feeling so good carb free at the mo! Dont even crave cereal which is lucky :p

Oh- wanted to share this- I tried a Ski coconut mousse today and it was DIVINE! 90 cal- this'll be my new evening sweet treat, half the calories of hexb cereal with ss milk and not even billed as low fat as mousse has so much air- aspartame free!! Reeeeal sugar ;) (gelatin though so watch out veggies)
So much more satisfying than a muller (and less calories!)
I hated the strawberry flavoured ones though but the choc-coconut ones are bliss :D I never use that word lol! 2 boxes (of 4) for £2 at sainsburys and tesco at the mo x

Hey matey!
How're you doing?
Hope the scales behave themselves this week. Sounds like you had a fair few things against you getting a loss last week, so I hope it is better this week.
Good luck being carb free as well. That sounds like hell on earth to me ;)

Naughty flirty guy!!! You'd think he'd be a bit more respectful of you having a boyfriend :s x

Carb free js going retardedly easy! I feel the pms sugar itch today (still no show of aunt flow! So mid week WI tomorrow is looking great! *snorts*)
I spent today on a job, recording sound for something I'll film next week... They had treats out and I didnt resist :( a big bowl of milk buttons amd maltesers so cant be sure of how many syns but had about a dozen buttons and 8~ maltesers- fail! :rolleyes: was feeling crap so needed the chocolate as a little lift!
Yesterday I did a circuit work out in my bedroom, mainly weights focusing on toning biceps, and some bursts of cardio too. Feeling motivated to work on my arms- I never get better losses from cardio so f*ck it, I'll focus on arms which are what I am most insecure about!

Buuusy week/end ahead and next week have a shoot amd lots of editing then at the weekend am off to Saudi Arabia again for a shoot- so will be a busy beeee!

Super busy!!! God mate, you'll be exhausted!

I really don't think you did too bad on the chocolate. I think 8 Maltesers is less than 4 syns! The buttons will be a bit higher, but not the end of the world :)

Do you think we'll always crave toned arms?! I think so..... lol xx

I think arms are the thing that is so often bare- I can wear a nice fitted dress that shows off where my waist dips and then is loose over my fat tum/ass but ARMS are just always there giving the game away- lol!

So first signs of *week showed up this morning, had low hopes for mid week WI as I wondered if I hadn't actually had water retention on Mon after all... BUT I LOST 2.5LBS :D YAYAYAYAY!! Of course I still have high hopes for a decent post * week loss ;) but probably not after busy weekend including clubbing and family kids bday party where I'll probably cave and nosh on more choc buttons lol... Or maybe I'll show off to everyone how damn good I am at resisting ;)
Anyway that puts me at 13st 12lbs (back in the 13's, yaaay!) just 1lb above my pre-travels weight (though still 6 lbs above my lightest the month before) and am feeling pretty darn haps about that :D 3 months of eating crap took 5 weeks to get off, but it hasn't been a struggle to get off (a stone in 5 weeks!) so I'm a happy bunny.

Carb-free has been surprisingly easy and I've really noticed my tummy look flatter/less bloated :) I wore a size 12 dress to see my grandma the other day and felt awesome about that (it was the kind where the label pops out quite a bit but I purposefully didn't cut it off LOL) and I tried on this dress I bought for a music video two years ago- a model wore it and it was loose on her, but it fit me perfectly!! I felt like a fairy princess :D
994467_10154408301945618_7298464347017595450_n.jpg
OK, G took about 20 pics of me in it and this was the one where I held the tum in best and hid my arms/bed hair/make up free face well ;) but STILL.
Shame that at the sides of the hips it is open and it's so see through I'm surprised you can't properly see my knickers in this, but maybe with some tights!? It is technically a vintage nightdress but I so want to wear it out sometime! But where the hell would I wear this?! I never go out anywhere where one needs to dress nicely lol! I hope someone gets married soon before I'm too skinny to wear it ;) I THINK it is a size 12- I seem to remember thinking it would be too big for the model but it was the nicest dress with a flowy skirt for the video... I just need to be invited to a fairy ball now or something! ;)

Feeling so much better about myself now, at the end of my travels I could really feel the extra weight and how it was knocking my confidence, so I'm relieved.

Ummm poo fairy has made two appearances today ;) I think that would be at least another pound off!
Have been much more regular this week, I think no carbs is helping :D 5th pf visit of the week, usually get like ONE a week!!

That's a beautiful dress mate and you look stunning in it. I'm pretty sure you could look good in a bin bag tho ;)

The arm situation is a pain isn't it? I have to say that mine aren't /too/ bad, but still p*ss me off. I have v wobbly inner thighs tho, esp towards the top which annoy me more!! I know they're not out as much, but I do want to start swimming again and with going on holiday soon they will see the light of day lol!x

Thanks dude :D
Haha yeah, to be honest, after years of being so 'firm' it is sucky to have wobbly thighs/bum but they don't bother me like the arms on show! I guess eventually I'll get doing lunges/squats to tone up but for now I'm too lazy :p

*week has the better of my snackability today, have been in nosh mode :/ had friends over and didn't resist a few doritoes on top of the 5 syn muller white choc desert (SO GOOD!) and a small bag of milky way buttons (3.5 syns) and all sorts of other nosh, probably over syns, gah! Oh well. I'm not being too strict right now, just the no carbs thing. Feeling good about stuff and not high-pressure!

Oh you look great in that dress! Very slim. hope you get the chance to wear it.

i feel your pain with the arms, mine are wobbly as hell. I agree we can cover most up but in summer you just need to get your arms out. I was thinking of going to the doctors and begging for a nip and tuck but tbh I don't think I would get it on the nhs, so I havnt bothered. All the hard work we've done you would think they would like to help but I know it's rare they do lol I've been using dumbells and have noticed slight toning and can really feel the muscles building but the skin will always be there. xx

Hi Bexi, nice to have you here!

Thanks Rochelle :) I definitely have the loose skin thing with ny tummy but not too badly yet, but arms are OK skin wise, just bingo wings galore and need toning! I have been really careful to exfoliate and moisturise to encourage cells to replenish and retain elasticity, but I think if I lose another stone (which is the plan) my tum will get pretty awful :/

*week nosh mode today arghh tried to redeem self by having a veg only dinner of carrots and broccoli with some fresh parmesan on top- really yummy actually! I used to HATE broccoli but suddenly love it now :S but only really soft/overcooked lol!
Will tryyyy to be good at the family do tomorrow but I'm sure there will be tempting sugary treats calling my name.

My tummy is a bit loose :( especially when I lean! Lol but ahh what the hell, we are better than when we were 20st arnt we!!! A bit of loose skin doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

i love veg, I made a curry last week just veg and it was the best curry I've had in ages. In fact I've only made one curry since I moved in here cos Chris isn't a fan so the veg one is great for me can make in advance and freeze :)
ooh I love brocolli but I like mine to have a bit of crunch to it still lol just enjoy the family do I have one aswell have calculated all my points and weekly points and am ok, me and my cousin are doing the food so can stay in control well! Enjoy Hun x

Man, at the do my cousim who's here from Isreal basically interrogated me and accused me of having an eatig disorder LOL :mad: apparently it is so inconcievable that someone can lose weight in a healthy way. She gave me this look amd squeezed my arm when I got back from topping my lipstick up after dinner (thought I'd been spewing it out I think) arghghgh. So annoying :S ESPECIALLY as she is a size 6 and dieted to get there- she is a waif!! And a vegan.

Anyway, I ended up eating half a piece of very nice birthday cake and a bunch of sweets (though mainly flying saucers which are incredibly low syn) in a "Look, I'm not obsessed with diet" kinda way.
Period cravings really took the biscuit this weekend so I was very happy to have 1.5lbs off for Monday WI- meaning a total loss of 3.5lbs this week :D happy with that! Though I do always get a good post period loss so cant expect that to continue. I am now back to my pre-travel weight of 13st 11 and feeling really great about it :)

Yesterday I did an hour of walking around with an insanely heavy rucksack and duffel bag full of camera gear and tripods, so although it was sucky, must have burnt some calories! I was sweating! It was meant to just be a ten minute walk says lilying google maps, but I was early and needed to pick up lunh for later durig my shoot, so walked 15 min to a Sainsburys that had NO salads in :mad: walked ten minutes around the massive sainsburys with my bags to see if they had salads somewhere else, but they only had pasta salads. Got some fruit bowls, then walked to a cafe nero where I got this poxy little salad, then walked another 20 mins to where the shoot was (backtracked a bit) then later I walked about a high street while getting some bits.
Food for the day was snacky because I had to eat between takes but quite OK I think, I fancy writing it down:

RED + carb free (except fruit)
______

B- banana, nat ff yoghurt, kiwi, tea with 1/2 hexA milk

Snack- banana

Lunch (spread over 4hrs while shooting lol) - tiny cafe nero chicken salad (2 syns for dressing), melon and grape fruit bowl, Shape yoghurt, handfull of dried apricots (HexB1), 4 x light dairylea slices (HexA2), a few chunks of pineapple, 2 custard creme biscuits but ate the cream and threw away one layer of each biscuit lool (4 syns?)

D - spicy beef mince (syn free/homemade) with quark and iceburg lettuce, grated parmesan (1/2 hexA1)
Ski coconut mousse (4 syns)
A few dates and a few tinned prunes (HexB)
_______

I know that lunch sounds bug but the salad was honestly tiny and I am surprised it lastes me through the shoot!

Did 20 press ups and 40 chair dips, want to make more effort with arm exercises.

Urgh why is it that when you lose a considerable about of weight and actually start to look healthy people think that you aren't eating healthily? It drives me crazy. I remember a while ago telling a colleague who asked about my weight loss that I still wanted to lose another 2 stone..I got such a lecture despite the fact that losing that would put me only just in healthy bmi!
Sounds like you made the best food choices you could at the shoot.

People are horrible - in general lol!! I've had such bizarre comments about my weightloss and also being a vegetarian. Yeah, trying to get to a healthy weight and not eating meat are such bad life choices ;)

Good on you for trying to prove you were being healthy. Not that you should have felt the need to eat cake to prove it to some silly girl. Glad it was nice cake tho :p

Sounds like you had a major workout from lugging your equipment around. I went to a Waitrose near my hotel in London on Sat night looking for healthy food for a hotel room picnic. They'd literally sold out of everything!! So that's when I ended up with terribley unhealthy sandwiches from tesco and chips from a Burger King lol. You made much, much better choices than me ;) xx

Thanks guys! Just awkward that my cousin wants tonhang out now in a guilt tripping kinda way ("I wont be back here for a year!! You MUST find more time for me!" err - do not want!)

Yesterday I did 20 mins of exerbeat (boxercise cardio game on the wii) and some strength training (press ups and chair dips) then while reading Madame Bovary later I lay on the be and stretched my arm out behind my hesd with 2kg weights (sometimes both in one hand) as this angle is apparently really good for working the bingo wings- definitely felt the burn!
Also, G had his one friend from Spain visiting and his bro around, they ordered dominoes and I passed on it! I ate a bit of cheese off one slice (ehhh HexA init ;) ) but didnt touch the bread itsself amd had a healthy dinner :D proud of myself!

Off to Saudi on Fri where I will be conscious of what I eat but always am off plan at the shoot lol, but going to try hard to avoid carbs still except maybe rice and maybe porridge pots in the room for breakfast. I hope after a 2 week detox from them I dont get super sensitive and tummy achey.

Haha- hasn't given me much alone time as he's only had them over HERE to invade my space :p but he'll see them and my friend Dan hopefully this weekend while I'm in Saudi.

Mid week WI today- I thinkkkk I'm going to scrap Mid week WI's now, I didn't really feel the need today but as I'm off to Saudi tomorrow and won't be able to weigh in on Monday, I figured I'll make Thurs my WI days (also, bit daunting to always WI straight after a weekend!)
+1 today! But I have eaten like a saint since Monday's WI, so I'm putting that down to the fact that I'm a hot achey mess today from the 30 minutes of weight training I did yesterday- my arms/back/shoulders are killing me! But I felt so good to do it :) actually putting in some effort to toning. I wore my polar but it doesn't really work for weight training as a lot of it doesn't race the heart rate- plank did though! Woah... Heartrate would jump from 80 to 120 in the 30 seconds of plank, then within about 10 seconds of resting would dip to like 75! Was mental :p I did 35 second plank 3 times, I'm going to try and build an extra 5 seconds or so a week and see if I can improve that. I only used to be able to do 10 seconds when I first started- but had like 3st more to handle then I guess!
I haven't seen PF in a few days either, hmm...
But anyway, am not bothered by the gain, I'm feeling great at the mo in weight loss terms, just have to make sure I don't go overboard while off plan in Saudi!

G and I have had a lot of 'talks' recently; I have put more effort into hanging out with him rather than wasting free time online talking to my friend on fb, but we've also had some chats about where the relationship is struggling and such, feels like we can grow more if we get it out there so I guess it's good. I decided it would be lolz to read 50 Shades of Grey together- like, reading it out loud to one another :p I always enjoyed bonding through reading, like when my mum bro and I would read out the book to one another when we were kids, or just knowing someone is reading the same book as me, so we're taking it in turns to read it, giggling at how damn awful all the swoony crap is, and while G read yesterday I did my weight training, which gave me something to do instead of fidget AND something to focus on while planking etc! Neither of us are into the idea of bondage/S&M but it might still spice things up, eh? lololol! I bought the book because my aunt and a few others were raving about it when it first came out- was so cringey to find out quite what they were raving about :|

Anyway, this opened up a new door too- I decided to read some of MY novel to G :O I've always kept my writing very, very private, as A) I find it cringey and B) it's how I process a lot of stuff, so even though it's really lame, it still means a lot to me. Anyway, after hours of laughing at how badly written the woman's monologue in 50 Shades is, I found some confidence to read him through my novel :p which is a trashy romance sort of thing too, but much more playful and less bondagey. It was really fun to re-read from the start and he was really enjoying it!! LOL. He actually gave me a lot of compliments and said he was much more gripped as even thought my novel's days are really dragged out, there isn't as much filler detail and there is more attention paid to character development and relationships. Anyway, bit of an ego boost and very bonding :) and I'm inspired to keep writing! Even though we worked out that my novel, so far, is double the length of the first 50 shades book (which is a fairly long novel already!)
Mine's deeeefinitely not publish worthy, but it's kinda cool to get constructive comments and be able to compare the writing style to the best selling book ever- though just goes to show how modern audiences don't give a **** about how well something's written, as long as the theme is new and exciting enough to get their attention :p Vampires and Bondage, ffs!

Off to Saudi tomorrow where I'll have a **** ton of time to kill in the hotel room (unless I brave it to go out on my own...) and on the flights/layovers, so kinda cool that I'll have something to focus on (writing! :)) also am ready Madame Bovary as the film comes out soon and stars Ezra Miller <3 I just want to picture him in the story, he's so damn purty. I frigging love Mia Wazikowska too!

x

Sure that lb will be off in no time! I think mid week WI can be destructive (says the girl who hops on the scales most days) and im trying really hard to only WI once a week.

Bonding with G over 50 shades sounds fun, I read the trilogy when it first came out but can't imagine reading it with my hubby. It's awesome that you write as a way of channeling your creativity, do you ever publish your writing online?

I used to love reading with my parents and my sister when we were younger! I'm still a big reader now, but don't compare to my sister. She literally devours books Lol!
I think it's a really nice thing to do, reading together :)

Good luck in Saudi and hope it goes well. Good luck with the food too!! Can't imagine how difficult it must be trying to eat sensibly on your crazy long shoots.xx

Back