Sore itchy skin

weepoppet

I am coming to the end of wk3 and you would think that with all the water I have been consuming I would have glowing skin, wrong.

My skin is really sore and itchy and looks really dry. I've had an E45 emoliant bath and put E45 cream on but this is so strange. I am not using any new products or soap powder but my body is so dry.

My OH (bless) said perhaps it is my skin shrinking. WTF??

Has anyone else had their skin go like this?

Alison

Hi Weepoppet

I had dry skin on my face during the first few weeks but it settled down. If it is all over it could be a reaction to something in the packs, I know Leah had an allergy and it caused her eczema to flare up so do keep an eye on it.

Hope you feel better soon hun

Gx

I have had the opposite!!! I used to be dry and itchy all the time, taking anti-histamines every night and slathering with oils and emolients but now my skin is brilliant. I assumed it was from drinking all the water but now after seeing what you have said, maybe not.

I always get dry skin when the weather's cold and dry - my legs are particularly itchy and flaky - very attractive I know! I find covering myself with baby oil when I get out the shower helps. Hope it gets better soon x

Corinne x

Hello, as G says i had eczema before CD but found that the yeast in the soups made me sooooooooooo ill and sore that i cant have them (often! Not supposed to have them but then again i have 1 or 2 a week) I found this out in about week 3 too :(

E45 is a moisturiser, its best if you go to the docs cos if it is eczema you need to get a mild antihistamine or cream to fight it off, then you can moisturise to prevent it in future.

Should also tell you that not all moisturisers are good - i'm HORRIBLY allergic to E45 and nivea, but vaseline intensive care seems to be quite good as far as i know (knowing a few ppl who have the same allergies as me!)

Why not take a break from the soups for a week and watch for any improvement?

In the mean time, piriton or any other antihistamine will help and dont be tempted to have hot baths or showers cos this makes things worse. If you are guna moisturise then exfoliate first cos you wanna moisturise the live skin and not the dead stuff.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon xxx

Blue Grapefruit, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I have been eating bars since day 1 (CDC said it was ok) and would alternate them with the soups but I thought this week I will just stick to 2 shakes and a soup.

I have some anti-histamine in the house so shall give that a try.

Thanks all repliers.

Alison

I suppose thats why this forum is good, there's always someone who's been in your situation. Lemme know how it goes and if you need a chat about it gimme a PM or email me on: [email protected]

xxxx

Back