Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by That's_So_Fetch, 27 April 2008 Social URL.

1. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Cambridge Diet
    I find that the only way i can drink all the water on CD is if it is freezing cold and this often results in me getting a sore throat.

So i was wondering whats the best thing to take to get rid of the sore throat when on CD?? I read somewhere that you can take paracetamol so i have taken one but is there anything else i can take??

I'm just looking forward to when i can start the water floavourings because i dont need the water to be freezing.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks xx :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hiya, you could try and gargle some disprin. This helped me when i had a sore throat.

becky x
  4. Sez

Sez has started again!!

I know this is the reverse of what you have said, but have you tried it warm from the kettle (asif you'd made a coffee, but left the old Nescafe out!!). I must admit it sounded vile to me, but I was desparate enough to try it, as the water gives me a problem too. Surprisingly I found it ok! HTH!

BTW, sorry cant help with the sorre throat other than maybe a Listerine or salt water gargle??

Hope you feel better soon. x
  5. silvercb67

silvercb67 Full Member

I am the same way, I drink really cold water & I am always FREEZING!
  6. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

Defnitely try gargling with disprin.. it does help. I like to drink my water at room temperature..
  7. That's_So_Fetch

Cambridge Diet
    Can you gargle with soluable paracetamol?? I can feel my throat getting bad and usually this makes me give up the diet because i cant have much water as it becomes too painful to swollow.

I will also give the warm water a try too.

Thank you for all your suggestions, i really appreciate it.

I hope you are all having a good day :) xx
  8. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

I'd say you can.. I didnt realise there was soluble paracetamol.. hope you feel better soon.
  9. That's_So_Fetch

Cambridge Diet
    Thanks hun :) xx
  10. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I cant drink cold water at all, its just such a chore, but I drink water gone off the boil and its very easy to drink :)

Yes you can gargle with soluble paracetamol solpadine etc....
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.