Sorely Tested

angel eyes

Hi All. I thought I would tell you about my horific Sunday afternoon. I always go to see my Mum and Dad after lunch on a Sunday. They don't know that I am on LL yet but I did tell them that I had given up drinking. Red wine flows quite liberally on a Sunday! So I arrived at 3.30 only to find that my brother and his family were over and lunch was running a bit late. OMG - 2 huge pieces of pork absolutely covered in the most cripsy crackling, loads of vegetables and crispy roast potatoes. I immediately excused myself and headed with my daughter to the conservatory. In comes Mum " Are you sure you don't want to join us, here have some crackling". I smiled and declined. 30 minutes later out came mixed fruit strudel and custard which they decided to eat in the conservatory to keep me company.

I am very, very proud to say that nothing has passed my lips that should not have. I think that If I got through that I can stay abstinent for the full 100 days.

I really think it is time I told them about LL. Although they did say they noticed that not drinking had helped me lose a bit of weight!

Anyone else been sorely tested like that??

Angel X

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is some determination you have!! It will all be worth it and when you do get to eat again, the food will taste all the nicer with the success of having lost the weight to back it up.

Its like that every day in my house - sheer torture.:banghead:

If i get to my hundred days with just a few minor blobs then I will know i can almost do anything.:girlpower:

Well done you! I had it the other week when I cooked my hubby a curry, I went into a total paddy, toys out the pram and everything!!

That took real effort and determination! I know I would have eaten the prok and the veggies! Good on ya hun!

Oooooo Pork cracklin how did you do it you deserve a medal. well done;)

Last edited:
Don't know how you did it???? Just the smell of pork and my knees would have trembled, given out and I would have fallen face first onto the pork and crackling - naturally I would have made sure my mouth was aimed to hit the pork, but there is probably no way I could have resisted. Despite my love for cakes and all things sugary, my weakness will always be a sunday roast!

Thanks for all your comments! Its nice to talk to people that really understand what it is like :D

Angel X

That's brilliant Angel, good on you ;)

I'm going through something similar now, hubby has cooked a roast lamb dinner, roast potatoes, roast carrots, stuffing and the 2nd killer (after the lamb which is my fave meat) is that he's done kale in the wok with sesame seeds and garlic and I sooooooooooo want it ...... but I'm not giving in --- though I did take my sons plate off him and have a bloody good sniff :D

Back