sorry ... bit of a rant

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
Sorry need a bit of a rant... Im not one to draw attention to myself or fish for compliments but everyone has commented on my weight loss so farand its really nice to have that recognition. My cousin has never commented on my loss only to ask about my diet and asking things like ‘have u caved in yet?’ and ‘what if all the weight goes back on when you stop dieting?’ which i hope it wont as i plan to follow slimming world after CD. When i have said i’ve lost 2 stone since march she just says ‘oh have u?’ not being funny but its sooo noticeable!

The other day we were talking about my friends wedding in august and she said that if i wanted i could borrow a dress of hers coz i had a ‘much smaller bust than hers’!! i declined the offer saying i wanted to treat myself to something nice coz i feel more confident wearing more fitted clothes now and she said ‘but what if you put all the weight back on by then?’ cheek!! Seeing as she’d offered me a dress to wear, i asked her if i could borrow another nice dress she had for a party im going to this wkend, to which she replied ‘oh i don’t think it would be the right fit on you coz its a size 8, might be a bit too fitted’ WTF like?? She’s is clearly bigger than me, she's a dress size 16, don’t mean to sound nasty as i’m not meaning to comment on her weight, but how would it fit her and not me?? As i said i’m not looking for her or anyone to shower me with compliments but it seems like shes always trying to make me feel like crap about my figure, insinuating i cant get into a size 8 dress when she can (!) and just not being very supportive in general. I usually ignore it but i feel its getting on top of me now L

I know exactly how you're feeling!! When I was reading the beginning of your post in my head all I was thinking is "I wonder if the cousin is big" and then reading that she's a size 16 makes me wonder if it's jealousy! My sister is beginning to get a bit like that. She's always been the skinny one but I'm nearly skinnier than her and shes recently started with the "you'll put it back on" comments

I can't stand it when people aren't supportive. It's hard enough to diet as it is with keeping it up and making the effort to exercise and not eat a lot of things we enjoy. And after that people just can't find it in themselves to congratulate someone just because they are now thinner than them. I can see why someone might be a bit envious but there's no need to bring the other person down. It's just mean :( On the plus side it would personally make me more determined not to put the weight back on and wear the most fitted size 8 I could find to rub it in her face :D

I have only started the plan today and I have already had people saying 'you'll put it all back on and more'!!!! Which makes me more motivated and determined to keep it off!!!! :D Feeling sooo motivated, just got to keep positive and not think about what other people think around us!!! :greenapple:

yes ur right, it should make me more determined to keep the weight off if anything! i suppose the best thing i can do is just smile graciously and let i tgo over my head, like you say i'll be happy when i get to goal and can wear lovely clothes!

also waffles - in your signature it says you had a 1lb loss and ate lots of naughty foods when on hols, i've just posted a thread about gaining on hols and wondering what to eat, whether i should rtreat myself or stick to protein, what sort of foods did you eat when away??

She's clearly jealous. Just rise above it. Try not to talk about clothes/diets with her. Talk about something else, because you know she's just going to be *****y.

And inside you'll be laughing because it's clear you are smaller than her know and it's killing her!!

Families, eh?!

Lx

I know it peeves me off.ive lost over 3stone since i had my baby in November.still want another2off.but i met someone the other day who hadn't seen me since i had her and they didnt notice.i was like Omg do i have to lose my head before someone notices!having said that others have noticed.keep your chin up youre doing fab your cousin is probably secretly jealous. X x

GRRRR at jealous people. In my experience people who aren't supportive are jealous and that's the only word to describe it. Whatever theyre doing is not successful so they try and make themselves feel better by putting your success down and by saying things like you'll put it back on or "cave in" etc. I'd just use it as even more of a motivator and won't it be nice when you're at goal and you can say to her, here do you want all my old clothes they dont fit me anymore but you'd get use out of them haha!!! Well done on the brilliant losses to date and you WILL reach your goal :)

Just wait till you can offer to lend her your skinny clothes... and she can't fit in them! That will put a smug smile on your face :)
XxX

also waffles - in your signature it says you had a 1lb loss and ate lots of naughty foods when on hols, i've just posted a thread about gaining on hols and wondering what to eat, whether i should rtreat myself or stick to protein, what sort of foods did you eat when away??

I probably wasn't as naughty as I made out but I had a tomato pasta meal at lunch a couple of times, 2 pain au chocolats,some jam on bread, a kids sized pizza (with veg toppings!), quite a lot of bread a glass of wine. Whilst it was naughty as in food not allowed on CD, I made healthy options whilst I was out - veg pizza not pepperoni, salads wherever I could. I felt like I was eating normally, just in moderation. Before CD I would have had side dishes with everything and dessert etc. If you're going on holiday in my opinion you should enjoy it and eat (to a certain extent) what you like! Just make the healthy options. If you tried to follow step 3 ir 4 on holiday I don't think you'd go far wrong. But also, don't forget that I didn't have weigh ins for the two weeks before my holiday so it was a 1lb loss in three weeks! I could have been that I lost 2/3lbs each of those weeks and put on a few whilst I was away.

Healthy choices :) That's all I recommend :)

I probably wasn't as naughty as I made out but I had a tomato pasta meal at lunch a couple of times, 2 pain au chocolats,some jam on bread, a kids sized pizza (with veg toppings!), quite a lot of bread a glass of wine. Whilst it was naughty as in food not allowed on CD, I made healthy options whilst I was out - veg pizza not pepperoni, salads wherever I could. I felt like I was eating normally, just in moderation. Before CD I would have had side dishes with everything and dessert etc. If you're going on holiday in my opinion you should enjoy it and eat (to a certain extent) what you like! Just make the healthy options. If you tried to follow step 3 ir 4 on holiday I don't think you'd go far wrong. But also, don't forget that I didn't have weigh ins for the two weeks before my holiday so it was a 1lb loss in three weeks! I could have been that I lost 2/3lbs each of those weeks and put on a few whilst I was away.

Healthy choices :) That's all I recommend :)

thats a great help thank you! i have been looking at some of the menus from the bars where i'm going and theres loads of meat and fish based choices so will defo be sticking to these and will have a couple of treats in moderation. i think if i stick to the principle of low carb high protein then i should be fine hopefully! dont want to be craving carbs when i come back as i'm away on a wkend break 3 days after the hols so will need to follow low carb when i'm home and wkend away then get back into SS as soon as i can!

Yeah, she is right, we probably will put it all back on and more!!...... But only if we let silly little people get to us!
I once had a friend who commented on the backs of my calves looking like mens, i had started cycling after work up the sussex downs every night which meant she lost her babysitter, and that stopped me from getting fit and losing weight!

You will find that people will put you down, but there will be soooooooo many more encouraging you and supporting you through it. We just need to brush them aside (or slap them in the face lol).

Just remember, this isn't just a quick fix. It's s life long journey, give yourselves goals, but once you have reached them and if the weight does start coming back on don't let it get past 7lb/1st if it does call your cdc and get back on it for a couple of weeks to get yourself back down!!!
I wish i had, i did LL 6 years ago. i was 17st 6lb, i got down to 13st 9lb in the 12 weeks. Once i got to the end of the 12 weeks i though yeah i have done it!!!. I started eating again, from February being 13st 9lb - October 16th(the day i found out i was pregnant) i was 18st, 9 months later in the labour ward i weighed in at 22st 7lb! it sucked. so please, please just remember, it comes off quick but goes back on even bloody faster. Don't let the aholes get you down guys!! x x x x x x x x x x aaaahhhhhhh feel better now, i will get off my soap box x x x x x

It's horrid! i have been Jealous of all my skinny sisters most of my life now lol! they all look like they have just walked out of a catalogue! i have 8 sisters and only 2 or us are big. You can Imagen i am sure lol x

I've also had so many people say it will come straight back on as soon as you stop and eat normally.....ANNOYING!!!

HollyJ said:
I've also had so many people say it will come straight back on as soon as you stop and eat normally.....ANNOYING!!!

YES thats the main theory...
because if you do Weight Watchers or Slimming World you are totally guarenteed to keep the weight off when you stop the diet arent you!!
So ignorant!

YES thats the main theory...
because if you do Weight Watchers or Slimming World you are totally guarenteed to keep the weight off when you stop the diet arent you!!
So ignorant!

I know!! people are so ignorant, they seem to think that rapid weight loss diets are the only thing that will result in u gaining weight when u finish! ive done weight watchers b4, lost 3 stone, then put it all back on over time because i ate crap again. it was my own fault but the way i see it, its not so much how u get the weight off, its how u keep it off and maintain and for me i relied too much on WW points system to keep eating the usual crap that i did b4, with this diet because i havent had 'normal' food apart from the odd chicken, egg and sometimes bacon(!) treat, i'm actually looking forward to trying loads of new things when i can eat again! the slimming world recipes look fab and my friend is already on it doing a mix of red and extra easy days so shes keeping a load for me plus her food diary so that i can follow what she's on :)

Back