Sorry, bit personal...

Kaalin

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is ok, haven't had much of a chance to look through your messages today. Been a very busy one!!

I just wanted to ask what I can take for constipation on the lighter life programme as I'm concerned what interferes with the ketosis. I am on week 2 and haven't been since I started and concious that my last meal is probably still in there! My LLC said that I should drink 5litres of water and I have but still no sign. Is there any particular laxative I can take? Sorry this is so personal...

Thanks for your help in advance xx

Dulcolax for a strong solution, on senekot for a more mild route.

Senekot does bugger all for me! Also, you shoul dlook into something to prevent constipation like "fibresure" or husks..

Hope this helps xx

As far as i'm aware they are ok on VLCDs. I use them on CD :) Plus, when you REALLY need to go its not the diet you should be worried about!! Make sure you drink lots of water after taking them cos the way they work dehydrates you.

Good luck hun xx

Hi Kaalin, after this little episode is sorted, you might find things move naturally a bit more often anyway - I'm on week 11 and go a couple of times a day now. Have you tried the water flavourings from your LLC? They contain fibre and tend to shoot things through a bit. Also, if you have two bars in one day, you tend to get the same effect!

TC

HI,

I would suggest doing a good "clear out" with Dulcolax or Senokot. Then start taking something like Fibresure.

I have used Fibresure capsules since I began and I "go" almost every day, might miss one day a week but that would be the height of it. Consistency and look or poo is normal and it is not like crapping Bullets! They are capsules and very easy to take. Packet says to take 6 a day, 2 x 3 times but I take 3 x 2 times and I try to take them with shakes/soups etc. They can't have effected ketosis or weight loss as i have lost 3 1/2 stone in 11 weeks!

Worth a try anyway.

Hi BL - I couldn't find mine in my local Sainsburys but I found it in Tescos. The powder comes in a blue jar, or you can get it in capsule or sachet form. I found mine with the rest of the laxatives and that sort of medication in the pharmacy bit...hope this helps...xx

Hi there. I went in search of the Fibresure and found it in a Lloyds pharmacy, surprisingly next to the supplements. I'd just about given up when I came across them.

Thanks for everyone's help :) xx

Kaalin - taking the dulcolax will lead to a very happy crappy!

COREY!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Hi Kaalin, after this little episode is sorted, you might find things move naturally a bit more often anyway - I'm on week 11 and go a couple of times a day now. Have you tried the water flavourings from your LLC? They contain fibre and tend to shoot things through a bit. Also, if you have two bars in one day, you tend to get the same effect!

TC

Nice choice of words Topcat! :D

HI,

I would suggest doing a good "clear out" with Dulcolax or Senokot. Then start taking something like Fibresure.

I have used Fibresure capsules since I began and I "go" almost every day, might miss one day a week but that would be the height of it. Consistency and look or poo is normal and it is not like crapping Bullets! They are capsules and very easy to take. Packet says to take 6 a day, 2 x 3 times but I take 3 x 2 times and I try to take them with shakes/soups etc. They can't have effected ketosis or weight loss as i have lost 3 1/2 stone in 11 weeks!

Worth a try anyway.

I have the opposite problem (trust me eh!) Im spending the day rather 'clenched' shall we say :rolleyes:

My group has no shame when it comes to discussing this sort of thing, ha ha, and one thing I've noticed is that everyone has a bit of a different experience - one lady mentioned she hadn't been for a fortnight (eek!) and one goes after every single foodpack. Just shows how different we all are, but after the first month or so, we all tended to keep the same pattern, so it will soon settle down for you x

Hey Hotstuff, you started the week before me and have almost an identical amount to lose and weight loss pattern so far. Are you planning to carry on past the 100 days? I'm hoping to shift the rest in 3 further months if I can. How about you?
TC x

Back