Sorry for the gross-out question....

loudpurplehair

...but since being on slimming world I have found that I have a sour taste in my mouth but no bad breath (so I've been told). I'm also finding that I have a bit of bo even after regular showering and using deodrant a few times a day. I'm going to change my deodrant soon, but I was wondering whether this is usual, whether my body is getting rid of toxins or something. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

How long have you been on it?

It could be de-toxing, if you are eating alot more raw foods like fruit then this is very likely and it's a good thing if a little unpleasant in the short term. Your body will be getting rid of lots of rubbish and none of it will smell too pretty methinks!

Or you could be overdoing the veg and it's fermenting in your gut but you've not reported any gas so that's unlikely.
Drink lots more fluid and see if that helps, as if it's a detox it should be carried in your waste not your sweat IYSWIM?
Try some Peppermint tea to see if that helps with the mouth taste; it will definitely help with digestion. Twinings is the best mildest brand of peppermint tea, others tend to be a bit strong, like drinking hot mouthwash!

But do make sure you eat enough, SW isn't about restriction, trust the plan and eat what you're supposed to x

Hi yeah that makes a lot of sense. I'm midway through week 3 so early days and my body is chucking everything out I guess. I have had pretty severe wind, then some nasty painful trapped wind and bloating but some windeze has helped that and my stomach has settled down a lot. OK will keep an eye on it and get some peppermint tea when I do my shop tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

I had a terrible taste in my mouth for 1st couple of weeks but either its gone now or Im just used to it ha ha. I also had terrible wind & a bit bloating but find that drinking boiling water with slice of lemon has helped.

ah I may try that trick too, I have lemon in the fridge. Thanks, at least I know it's not just me being a skank!!

I'm in my fifth week and have had a similar problem with the mouth funny taste - I find I notice it most when I'm having a drink of water. My skin's also had a bit of a blip, but I seem to be coming out the other side. I put it down to no longer eating much sugar and my uptake of fruit and veg. My stomach has settled down now but it was a bit up and down in the first three weeks.

rachpid it was worst for me when I was drinking water too! How bizarre. Few spots erupted on my facte ystdy but that could just be *week.

My body threw such a wobbly when I started! I was bloated, constant tummy cramps (my ibs:( ) headaches, spots, wind. You name it as a side effect of completely over hauling your diet and I had it! Only just started to calm down now, but feel so much better now my body is used to my new diet.
Probably doesn't help I quit smoking at the same time!

Back