Sorry if this is boring....

melarnz

Silver Member
...but I am BUZZING today!!!

I hit my 6 stone Wednesday and so yesterday went and got my hair cut and coloured. (pic in my album).

I had to wash it today and I have styled it EXACTLY the same as the hair dresser did. Now I know that doesnt sound exciting, but for me thats AMAZING!! Im crap with hair.

I also walked down the road today and caught a look at myself in the shop window, and for the 1st time in years thought....I look okay today!!

I think it has just hit me today that IM DOING IT!!!

I feel like Im living the dream! I am loving all the great comments (and the bad ones), Im loving turning into this different person that I didnt know I was!!

I honestly didnt think that being slim would change me, but I am now taking care of myself! Skin cream, hair, making an effort with my appearance, its all so sudden, but I am loving it!!

For those of you who have fallen asleep, WAKE UP!!

I would love to hear about your moments that got you buzzing, and if you changed or see yourself changing in personality!

Good on you Mel! It's fantastic that you are feeling so positive! You have done so well. :)

I felt much better when i got into a size 16 coat after wearing 22/24 ones! I have lost 3 stones and a bit, and I have my highlights done every 6 weeks, ( I was just letting them grow out til i was ready before as I felt so ugly anyway!),the make up sees the light of day and I'm actually "up" for getting out and doing things ~ rather than just "having" to do things.

It's nice being part of life again. xx :)

I so get you Mel - I am in a similar place - I have felt so unattractive for such a long time and it is like emerging from a shell. - I am finding that now I WANT to make the effort with my appearance - like always wearing contact lenses in the past - I let my dailies run out a few years ago and never bothered with them again but have just been and sorted new ones. Or I might choose to be chilly fetching dd from nursery without my coat on (only a short walk from car to nursery mind) as I haven't got a nice coat that fits and begrudge spending on a winter coat when I am losing weight! My vanity is returning, but it's a good thing!

Today I have just felt bubbling under excitement - I was trying to work out why I felt so happy on such a miserable day and then went Bingo! it's cos I am feeling good about myself and how I look and excited about getting to goal in the forseeable.

YIPPEE!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxx

I had to wash it today and I have styled it EXACTLY the same as the hair dresser did. Now I know that doesnt sound exciting, but for me thats AMAZING!! Im crap with hair.

That's a sign of a well cut hair when you can manage it yourself!

Your new hair style is gorgeous on you!

Love Mini xxx

Looking good Mel!
I know exactly where you are coming from .......am working up to making a trip to a beauty salon to treat myself at end of foundation.....have been doing everything myself for years to avoid embarrassment .....just haven't decided ona tretment yet!

It never gets boring to hear how fabulous someone is feeling after they have achieved such an incredible goal! Be proud of yourself hun and shout it from the roof tops!

You look stunning :)

Enjoy it :)

Kat xx

i think thats the best thing when you walk past a shop window and at 1st look your like let me just check one more time and your like woah that is me wow wow wow, and hey congrats on styling your hair same as your hairdresser :)

ha ha funny how we just keep getting that shop window shock eh lol

Kat xx

i think thats the best thing when you walk past a shop window and at 1st look your like let me just check one more time and your like woah that is me wow wow wow, and hey congrats on styling your hair same as your hairdresser :)

lol :)

Well done darling!!!

What a fantastic achievement. And well done on the hair too!! I used to be crap, but with a bit of perserverence I can now manage my hair just fine. Mini is right though, the sign of a good haircut!! It is thrilling to feel like a new person, and indeed you are a new person. I very much had the feeling of out with the old and in with the new with every single aspect of my life!!! Celebrate it rejoice, and go there girl, because now you are indeed awake!!

Jez
xx

Six stones is amazing. Well done. And your hair looks fab and if its easy to keep that way I would hang onto your hairdresser :).

LOL about your reflection comment. I still look in a mirror and have to look again before accepting that its me. I used to avoid my reflection, now I spend time watching myself getting dressed :confused:.

LOL about your reflection comment. I still look in a mirror and have to look again before accepting that its me. I used to avoid my reflection, now I spend time watching myself getting dressed :confused:.

I do this alot. It is almost like I am borrowing some one else's body!!

Kat xx

Me too, but I'm not borrowing it.
It's mine and it ain't going back !!!

Back