Sorry to moan but......

txrawl

I have lost 1lb this week-havnt cheated once, even over a very difficult weekend! My weight loss is 1lb a week-I know that is better than nothing but when you hear of other people eating loads, and cheating and still losing I feel very sorry for myself!! Sorry to moan, I know there will be some people who will not like the fact that I am going on about only having lost 1lb but I am feeling very disheartened about it.

1lb a week is 3stone 10 pound in a year! If you feel like you were "owed" a bit more then it will show next week, it always catches up one way or another (good or bad!). Our bodies are wierd and wonderful things.

Don't be too downhearted, a pound is a good, healthy weight loss and more sustainable in the long run!

Stick with it. xx

Thanks Jaylou, just feel very down about it, which isnt like me. Not going to give up, and what i have just noticed is that my BMI has dropped below 40 so very pleased about that. I am finding it all quite easy at the moment and am desperate not to get dispirited but sometimes it catches up. You have done so well, and that gives me hope!! lol x

Hey, sorry to hear you are feeling down. Well done on your loss so far!! I've also noticed some people losing great amounts and saying how much they've eaten. So.... are you eating enough? I find when I don't have all my syns, I get a disappointing loss, when I have the full 70, I do better. Sometimes we can be 'too good' and it actually goes against us.

Hi txrawl

Just wanted to add my bit. I have been doing SW for 55 weeks now and have always averaged roughly 1lb a week. I was initially frustrated with this but have gradually learned that this is how it is for me if I am going to get a SUSTAINABLE weight loss.

We could all do a mad crash diet and knock it off in a metter of minutes, but I think many of us have tried this and know the inevitable weight gain (plus extra) is just around the corner.

1lb a week may not seem like a lot but this week I hit my 60lb mini target.

The way I look at it is that it may have taken over a year to get here, but I would have had to get through that year regardless of whether I was dieting or not. Imagine if I had got despondent 2 months in and given up! I wouldn't be over 4 stone lighter!

20lb is a fantastic loss and you MUST feel the amazing benfits of it- stick with it babe- you may be on the scenic route like me, but it is an amazing journey with massive rewards at the end

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1lb a week is 3stone 10 pound in a year! If you feel like you were "owed" a bit more then it will show next week, it always catches up one way or another (good or bad!). Our bodies are wierd and wonderful things.

Don't be too downhearted, a pound is a good, healthy weight loss and more sustainable in the long run!

Stick with it. xx

I totally agree with this. It's happened to me before and I've had a better loss the following week.

Good for you, Txrawl, glad you're feeling a bit more with it.
The only thing I can add is..."I am finding it all quite easy at the moment and am desperate not to get dispirited but sometimes it catches up."...and? so what more do you want?! lol a lb a week is a lb a week. Better off than on! hehehe

Puts Mothering hat on! Now , are you drinking lots of water? Do you eat mostly the same meals? Have you read your book lately? Done a food diary? As above eaten all your syns? Do you eat lots of speed foods? Or eek! Lots of bananas?
!lb is fine, but now and again I know you want more. The body sometimes needs a shock to get going again, just as if you always do the same thing at the gym you don't improve. SO,,, if you do mainly red or green, try swapping. A word of caution, that can go either way. With some you get a great weight loss, others may put on initially because the body is bewildered! But then get a big loss the week after.
Why don't you go back to square one and read your book or do a diary, just to check you haven't slipped up, or follow the free extra easy week on the SW website. Good luck.

I totally agree with this. It's happened to me before and I've had a better loss the following week.

This has happened to me too! Don't be so disheartened, your hard work will pay of, and it has, as you lost! :) Perhaps, like me on these occasions, you've been a little bunged up (if you know what I mean lol)

K xx

Thanks all. I will go back to basics just to see if I have become a bit lax!! I do love my bananas Judimac so will have to cut down on them! Thanks all. Heres to a good week! x

hi ,i myself complained about exactly the same thing last week and was given the same advice as you lol dont feel quiet so bad about it now and lost 1.5 this week . my consultant said try changing your b choices from week to week as the body gets used to eating for example toast or the same cereal too often hope this helps x

Back