SOS, please have a heart and keep the newbie going?

Halfway through day 2. I'm tired of feeling sick after shakes, even when they're not vanilla/caramel. The truffa bar was disgusting. The soup was better, but still a convincing imitation of dishwater. I'm craving veg, and eggs, and- well, various other things that are fairly low in calories but that I can't have more than 100g of. I'd kill for an apple.

And I just ate a pickled onion monster munch and the salt was just the best thing ever. :(

I don't know. There's a big part of me that thinks that I should just go back to SW, or maybe WW. Thoughts?

Noooo don't do it! I was exactly the same on day 2 trying to convince myself that I'd be better off on another weight loss plan but now I'm in day 5 8.4lbs down and loving it!!

Keep going you know you can do it :)

It just trial an error with the meals, I've found a few I don't like but also a couple I do like xx

Stick with it if you are on 3 packs cook a load of leeks and brocolli and peppers and mushrooms (I stem them all together) and have them with a chilli meal or the spag bol - they are both nice!

I find the shakes really difficult!

Also if on 3 packs I have fish and veg and sometimes a 2 egg omlette with salad.

I do stuggle too but give yourself a break and remember the first 3 days are the difficult bit

XX

This is not an easy diet to start with, Im in my 5th week and nearly 18lbs lighter.

Dont mean to sound harsh, but its sounds like your looking for excuses to fail. If your not 100% commited then perhaps this diet isnt for you. Pull your socks up, get through today, you will be in day 3 by tomorrow and it gets easier as the days go on. No-one said diets were easy thats why we break them. But we are the weight we are because we arent commited enough to loose it.

Think about the reasons your on this diet. Once the ketosis kicks in you will look back on this week and see a smaller number on the scales and will realise its all worth it. If your willing to commit.

Aww hugs....keep going...I am on day 7 (weigh in tomorrow)...I didn't think I would last this long...mind over matter....its doable...good luck xx

sit down and wright a list of all the reasons you want to do this then pin it to the fridge!!!!!!!!!!! Its just your mind playing tricks on you, if you didn't want to do this you wouldn't have ordered the packs!!!! YOU CAN AND WILL GET THROUGH THIS. Im on day 4 and feel great after a couple of days off hell lol.xxx

What did you have for dinner on the 27th of January?

Maybe you really craved a certain food that day.... did having it make your life suddenly amazing? Or if you didn't did not having it deprive you? Unless it was a special occassion I bet you cant remember, I know I cant.... thats the thing about food and cravings.... you eat it (or dont) and then its gone.

I've been on a VLCD now for 9-and-a-bit weeks. That curry I wanted in my first week is pretty irrelivent... 38lbs and the confidence its already given me is worth way more than something you shove in your mouth and is gone.

Look at the first few days as a detox.... some people find going into ketosis more difficult than others. But by day 4/5 thats over. Tastes.... can change. Sometimes. And often people find on diets like this they do.

The diets not for everyone.... but give it a fair shot.... like til the end of the month, which isnt far away.

and.... have a sneak-peak at the scales in a few days... some people find that motivating.... though yeah.... in 5 days time you could be 5-10lbs lighter than you were when you started. Enough of a reason?

Awww, thankyou.

I'm definitely off the diet, though. Couldn't keep lunch down and then fainted on the afternoon school run. Luckily, we were walking and there were other people nearby, because I don't want to imagine what would have happened to the littl'uns otherwise, or if I'd been driving. The GP's remaining nice and supportive but wants me off the diet until the test results are back and we know why I fainted. It appears I may not have been as healthy as we thought (they're checking anaemia and HBA1C, and might want me to do a glucose tolerance test.)

Good luck to everyone else, though!

Back