SotW Goodies

Ours is always fruit, and more often than not a lot of people forget so the poor SOTW sometimes gets about 5 pieces of fruit and we have quite a large class!

Ours is always fruit, and more often than not a lot of people forget so the poor SOTW sometimes gets about 5 pieces of fruit and we have quite a large class!

Aww, that's really sucky! :cry:

i went to a different class one week as i couldnt get to my usual one and they had a basket and 3 people tied for slimmer of the week and they shared a mullerlight yogurt and one of the winners brought that in

I got it this week & apart from fruit there were two pasta n sauces (one of which I'd taken in :D ). I usually take fruit, or pasta n sauce.

I like the pampering idea stuff though, never thought of that. I might take something like a shower gel or face mask in next week. Having said that we have several blokes, wonder if they'd mind getting a face mask?

I buy from Asda (approx 78p) the herbs in pots, I buy a different one each week.
We are allowed to put anything that is free into the basket or if it has syns our consultant asks us to put a sticker on it stating how many syns x

Can't believe what some groups actually get!!

Ours is mainly fruit with the odd pasta n sauce/hi-fi if someone hasn't got fruit in. I once got a Asda own brand cereal bar, when looked it up it was 5syns so put it back in the following week (bad I know!).

We don't go through the items individually as it is mostly fruit. I have had a couple of nice things like a grapefruit and kiwis which started me being more adventurous with my own fruit choices!!

I also do my shopping at a weekend so if I win the fruit on a Thursday I don't buy as much at the weekend so I don't tend to have lots!

Quite recently Slimming World Consultants were advised to keep the SOTW Fruit Basket, just that ...... a fruit basket, as someone has already posted.

Before this the basket was supposed to be "syn free" treats, but a lot of people would put something in containing syns ..... sometimes, without realising it! The Consultant I have now is really good, and will always check through the basket and discuss the contents in a good way, giving ideas on how we can use the contents in recipes etc., anything which DOES go in there containing syns, she'll tell us how many syns, or ask someone to look up the class directory book to check out the syn values. It usually throws up a few surprises when we discover these things, so it's all good discussion and adds to the Image Therapy! ..... she NEVER degrades anyone for putting something in that ends up with a high syn value though! She doesn't allow yogurts or dairy in the basket because of health and safety regulations (we can't keep them refridgerated and at the correct temperature for the duration of the group). We sometimes get someone who'll put in a bunch of flowers, or a face mask, or a bath bomb too ........... but we mostly stick to a FRUIT donation, for the FRUIT BASKET.

we dont have a basket :(

The problem is with our basket, sometimes it is nice winning a basket of fruit...but our group seems to shove in all their fruit that they don't want, or won from the week before or is on the edge of the turn...like nearly manky bananas or apples with holes in. It seems like it is a prime opportunity to get rid of the stuff you don't like!...not so good...

I don't like the fruit basket really...the week before last... I won slimmer of the month, my mum then won slimmer of the week (and got the basket) and we then won the blimming raffle!! so we ended up with 3 bags of fruit and veg!... some that is still in the fruit bowl right now!!

We usually take hi fi's, recent syn free discoveries including tins or packets or fruit. We've had allsorts in our SOW basket including non-food items like fridge magnets / mugs. I love winning SOW as there is usually something unusual that I haven't tried before, and I've discovered a liking for quite a few things in it!

i usually take in some fruit(nice and fresh)if i remember,or put a hifi bar in,though this week i did put in a fibre plus milk choc one.
never thought of putting in porridge or herbs etc.
not sure if my c allows just fruit or whatever you bring.
will take something different this week and will soon find out x

i know i would be happy with pamper treats or anything really x

Yeah there is often manky fruit in our basket, which isn't really a treat for the sotw lol.

I think I am going to try and take non food rewards in from now on, I like the idea of scented candles, bath bombs and other pampering treats.

This is only muy second week at SW but when I joined last week I was asked if I could just bring in an item of fruit for the basket. When I looked over it was mostly apples so I thought, ooh I'll do a great big orange... bit of variety. Guess what the basket was full of this week? :p Love the sound of pamper items and low syn treats.

Ours is a fruit basket, although I have been known to pop an onion in - most weeks there are only about 5 bits in there - very UN-motivational. In my previous group they would always weigh the SOTW goodies and anounce - ie x has won 5lb of fruit - and it really was that big!

I have only won SOTW 2 times, but once in the bag there were 8 bits of fruit that I had to throw away immediately on getting home as they were bad or mouldy :(

i take spices as i buy it on bulk from the indian shops, then each week ( i have these little plastic bottles dud cheap, also from the indian shops) then each week i will put in a new spice, last week was cumin seeds, this week was cardomoms and so on!!

We have a fruit bowl and I keep hoping I won't have to take it home!

I'm not keen on fruit, I am impossibly fussy about bananas and will only eat them just as they turn yellow. I only like certain breeds of apple and again like you've said it looks blimmin manky some of it!
Then there's the raffle which is a box of fruit and veg, I just don't do the raffle (mainly because the first week I was asked if I wanted a ticket but not what it was for!) I was also a bit miffed at being asked to open my purse...again!!!!

So I was SotW again this week (Yay me :D) and there was another packet of those 11 syn seeds in there, so I stayed behind after class and handed them to my consultant explaining how over synned they are and that the slogan on the back of the packet (guilt free snacking) wasn't really true. So she has taken them, not sure how she'll handle it but she said she'd mention it in next weeks class. I don't want to make anyone feel embarrassed but if they are eating them themselves thinking it's a good snack and wondering why they are not losing weight it might help in some way :)

Back