Souffle's 'Gain The Skinny' Diary

Sorry to hear work isn't going well,but your attitude in not letting them derail you is great, you will gain so much self confidence from that.

I told you in the 15s thread that my first loss was 2.5lbs. Now I'm at 45 weeks and 4 stone 8lbs so it is nothing to be frowned at. The others that lost large amounts have a smaller total now by nearly 1.5 stones because losing weight didn't come easy to me but the new habits did. Proving one week means diddley squat, it is the general trend that matters :)

Hey, well done on your loss. That's great. I know you were expecting more but as Fran says, it's nothing to be frowned at. Those lbs will add up. :)

Sorry things at your work arent going well. You're doing so well not to let it affect your skinny gaining.

I'm loving your goals for the coming week. You sound really positive. :D :D

Thanks girls. I am determined to stay positive because I really want to succeed and I'm really enjoying eating healthily so it's win/win really!

After reading Franalamadingdong's Diary I have decided to copy her and make a few small targets for myself. Sorry Franalama but it was too good an idea to ignore!

1.5lbs (14st 13.5lbs) - In the 14's
3lbs (14st 10.5lbs) - ½ stone
3.5lbs (14st 7lbs) - Half way through the 14's
3.5lbs (14st 3.5lbs) - 1 Stone
4lbs (13st 13.5lbs) - In the 13's
3.5lbs (13st 10.5lbs) - Club 10 AND 1½ Stone

It looks so easy when it's listed like that!

But I like calling you Franalama! :) It's a seriously good idea, small chunks makes it look really easy and do-able!

I have a geeky spreadsheet of little targets! I worked out every 5% of body weight lost and got every time I drop a BMI point off one of those charts. I don't think I have a gap bigger than 3lbs between mini achievements - it just keeps me striving for the next thing each week!

OMG I need to do this too!

I'm like Fran - 7lbs is a long wait! Especially last time I did SW and I was losing 0.5-1lb a week! I gave up before I even got my 1 stone award. Baby steps.

Yeah I know! Already worked it all out and updated my list. I'll be congratulating myself every week at this rate!

1.5lbs (14st 13.5lbs) - In the 14's
2.5lbs (14st 11lbs) - 1 point off BMI
0.5lbs (14st 10.5lbs) - ½ stone
3.5lbs (14st 7lbs) - Half way through the 14's and 5%
2.5lbs (14st 4.5lbs) - 2 points off BMI
1lb (14st 3.5lbs) - 1 Stone
4lbs (13st 13.5lbs) - In the 13's
1.5lbs (13st 12lbs) - 3 points off BMI and into Overweight instead of Obese
1.5lbs (13st 10.5lbs) - Club 10 AND 1½ Stone

I love the idea of mini goals and I'm also going to pinch the idea when I'm allowed to put a larger sig on my sig!!! In fact, I may be able to do it now so gonna have a try. Hope you don't mind me doing it too Fran ;)

I found a nice suede-like notebook last night so I've put a mini target on each page (23 targets altogether!) and I think it's going to be really motivating! I like the way the big spot shrinks to a little spot too!

Attachments

• image-579439345.png
    image-579439345.png
    804.7 KB · Views: 17
Oooh, I love little notebooks. In fact I think I have a notebook for every occasion. That one you've got looks lovely :)

Writing things down keeps me on plan which is why I've got my diary and food diary on here and having those little targets to work to will just make me more determined. I'm competitive even with myself lol! I've also got a weight loss graph on my phone and that's showing my Xmas target, the percentage of that target I've lost and the time percentage too.

Also, newsflash! I had all my shopping on the conveyor belt in Sainsburys earlier. I had forgotten to grab some Options sachets for my Quark so I ran... Yes, RAN... To get them quickly! I never run!

Thank you Slash x

Oh god! Don't give me more list ideas! I've got a separate book where I've cut out bits of SW mag with recipes :)

Back