Soul destroying!

Capri_Gal

Hi everyone! I had an upsetting experience yesterday and just needed to share!

I lost 1.5lbs at my weigh in yesterday making it 15.5lbs in 5 weeks. I was really happy and decided to buy myself a new pair of jeans for my upcoming weekend away. I grabbed my usual size from the rail and went into the changing room to try them on. They fit me perfectly, I was hoping they would be loose. They also looked terrible. My legs looked huge and my bum massive!

I went from feeling fab to feeling like rubbish in ten seconds! I know that I've done well and that I've still got a way to go, but I still feel like crap - why are changing rooms such depressing places?!!

jeans are notoriously difficult to get a good fitting pair tbh, probably just the wrong fit for you.

15.5lb in 5 weeks is AMAZING! well done, don't let a dodgy pair of jeans get you down

xx

Would they have even fit 5 weeks ago? Keep positive they're probably a pair of jeans that only suit really skinny girls. Don't let the dreaded dressing room get you down you've done so well!

Sorry to hear that you had a lousy time :( 15lbs is an amazing loss though! I've not felt any different in my clothes after 20lbs loss, I think some people need to lose more for a dress size than others!

I'm not letting myself buy anything until I'm smaller! Motivation, I can buy a whole new wardrobe when I'm a normal size and the wait will keep me working hard at losing more!

Dont be disheartened though, I'm sure you'll start noticing it in the next few weeks!! X

Jeans are a NIGHTMARE !! I am wearing a size 16 pair at the minute which fit great but I have another size 18 and 20 upstairs that equaly fit me too . I ended up going into debenhams and got them to help me find jeans that fit my shape as the wrong style or brand just look horrific. Dont let it put you off - 15lbs is AMAZING and just go find jeans that make you feel brilliant but ignore the labels

im sure its not you .but the jeans .i fine you just cannot go .by size any more .as cloths seem to be different even when its the same size .so dont give up x

Don't even get me started on jeans :mad: But you have done SO well so don't let a pair of stupid trousers or a horrible changing room mirror demotivate you! There will always be clothes that don't suit certain people whether they be fat, skinny, short or tall. Stay positive!

Definitely a problem with the jeans and not you. I have a bugger of a time finding jeans that a) fit and b) don't look crap. In some shops I'm a 12, in others I'm a 16 - go figure!

Agree with everyone else its the jeans. But yeah changing rooms are horrible places :( I hate it when you go in with loads of clothes to try on all excited and then they look horrible and believe me this can happen whatever size you are, sometimes the fit is just wrong and it really isn't you. Well done on your fantastic loss, keep at it :)

Thanks everyone! I agree with what you've all said and I know that it's true - still can't help the feeling that it gave me though! I think that we're just wired to feel bad about ourselves when we've been overweight.

I'm off for a spa break next Sunday and so I plan on having a super week - nothing like having to strip off to keep you on track!

I think that we're just wired to feel bad about ourselves when we've been overweight.

I think this hits the nail on the head!

Don't let clothes shopping get you down. I went shopping with my daughter today, who is not overweight and normally wears a size 12. She ended up buying clothes in sizes ranging from a 10 to a 14 and they ALL fitted her perfectly. Clothes all vary enormously in the cut, the style and the quality of material used. Just because that particular pair of jeans didn't flatter you, don't beat yourself up, but continue to look for a pair that DO suit you. My daughter often can't find anything she really likes when she is out shopping and it isn't because of any figure-flaws she has.

You have had such a great loss, enjoy it!

Please don't get dis-heartened over jeans. I HATE jean shopping and I am a size 12. I can really struggle to find a pair that fit nicely or even fit at all. Some fit the waist but I can not bend down as too tight on legs or some I can not even get over my thighs. Plus the lighting in the changing rooms are never flattering even for the most perfect looking person. Give it time, and it will show. Your weight loss is amazing, well done.

it's the same with men's jeans, you can go into 6 shops and buy exactly the same size jeans in each shop and non of them will fit the same, not just jeans, t-shirts etc.. the sizes all vary from store to store.. don't feel bad about it, just try the same size in a different style and it will probably be loose ;) keep up the great work :)

I agree with the others - don't let it get you down. It's possible that the weight you've lost might be from all over. I had a similar experience the other day, in fact twice. I tried on a rubbish pair of jeans in a charity shop and immediately looked like I had horses legs and backside, and then my MIL gave me a pair of jeans that she no longer fits into as she's been losing weight too, and she gave me a size up from what I actually am, and they damn well fit!! I was so annoyed lol. I've lost 12lbs since the beginning of the year.
So - I feel your pain!

I don't even think it's that we've been wired to feel bad about ourselves - I think it's that we've been taught to. The whole world tells us that if we're fat then we are disgusting! ugly! shameful! and that we should feel guilty for occupying as much space as we do. I think half the battle with losing weight and *keeping it off* is learning to fight this societally-taught instinct that we should be ashamed of our fat.

Back