Soulsister: Getting back on the wagon and shaping up!

soulsister

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Well I have lurked on here long enough now, it's time to get down to business. Today is my first day on CD although I have done LL before. The longest I have ever been on a VLCD is 8 weeks and I lost 3 stones :D . Sadly I fell off the wagon and put it all back on :sigh: :eek: but I have mangaged to lose a stone low carbing since February which I am pleased about.:)

Well let me tell you a little about me. I turned 35 a few days ago. I had a really fun b'day which I am still trying to recover from. I am happily single (for now:rolleyes: ), no children and I live in South London. I work for the NHS in admininstration, but I have a secret passion to become a writer someday.

I have always been overweight, but I have always been told that I am one of those people who "carry their weight well" :rolleyes:. I have never been one to hide away in clubs or any other social gathering I really do love to dance and have a good time. But I know that I am very obese and risk having some serious health complications later on in life, or worse still cutting my life short.
Like most people food has become my crutch throughout life and really want to break the cycle. I have become so inspired by some of the journeys on here it's amazing. I really want to be an inspiration to others too.

I love it here on MMs as I know I will get the support and encouragement I need to complete this journey. My family are great and they too have vowed to support me, but as most of them don't really have a weight issue I know it may not be that easy for them to get their heads around the "no eating" regime.

Today has been a good day for me so far, I have drunk 2 litres of water (I'm aiming for 4 litres :eek:) and I have cleared my diary and taken a few days off work so I can hibernate and get into the swing of things. Day 2 is always a bad day for me but I am feeling optimistic that I won't give into my chatterbox.

Anyway I have gone on enough now. I will check back in later and let you know how I am doing.

Take care peeps xx
Lisa

DogWagger2520252862529.gif

hey lisa
a big welcome
it`s brill here loads of support and inspirations
i`m kaz i`m married with 5 children
i started cd 13 days ago and now finding it pretty easy, even when cooking for this lot i dont nibble
i am morbidly obese and need to lose about 10stone:eek:
god that sounds a lot

i look forward to reading your diary and seeing how you are doing
it is hard at 1st but worth all the worst few weeks

good luck and keep posting here as this place keeps you on the straight and narrow

kaz xxxx

Hi Soul

Welcome back to the land of VLCDing. From past experience you will know that the first few days are the worst, once you've got through them you will be flying. Good idea about taking a few days off work. Good luck hun, onward and downwards.

Minimins is, as you have discovered, a fantastic place for support, motivation and ideas. I couldn't have managed without it for many varying reasons. Keep posting!

DogWagger2520252862529.gif

hey lisa
a big welcome
it`s brill here loads of support and inspirations
i`m kaz i`m married with 5 children
i started cd 13 days ago and now finding it pretty easy, even when cooking for this lot i dont nibble
i am morbidly obese and need to lose about 10stone:eek:
god that sounds a lot

i look forward to reading your diary and seeing how you are doing
it is hard at 1st but worth all the worst few weeks

good luck and keep posting here as this place keeps you on the straight and narrow

kaz xxxx

Thank you Kaz! Well done to you for getting to 13 days and not nibbling AND being able to cook for the family :clap: :clap: I know this diet is so worth it and the results will be amazing.
Hi Soul

Welcome back to the land of VLCDing. From past experience you will know that the first few days are the worst, once you've got through them you will be flying. Good idea about taking a few days off work. Good luck hun, onward and downwards.

Minimins is, as you have discovered, a fantastic place for support, motivation and ideas. I couldn't have managed without it for many varying reasons. Keep posting!
:wow: :wow: Eclipse I've just seen how much weight you have lost, congratulations. Thanks for the support :)

Lisa, gotta tell ya seeing you were starting on 30th was part of the reason for me recommitting yesterday - wanted to share my 'pain' with as many people as possible!! :rolleyes: You can do this honey, and I'm with ya all the way :D

Hiya Lisa - WELCOME aboard Mate !!!

look forward to getting to know you....and sharing your CD successes !!! :D

love

Debz
xx

Lisa, gotta tell ya seeing you were starting on 30th was part of the reason for me recommitting yesterday - wanted to share my 'pain' with as many people as possible!! :rolleyes: You can do this honey, and I'm with ya all the way :D

Aww thanks D_Q :eek: you have and always will continue to be a source of inspiration and encouragement to myself and so many others on here. I just hope I can return the favour one day xx

Welcome Lisa well done for getting back into it, i'll be popping in here from time to time, take care.

Hi Lisa, and welcome, looking forward to seeing how your journey goes, good luck to day two, and well done on the water x

Hi guys,

Well I have lurked on here long enough now, it's time to get down to business. Today is my first day on CD although I have done LL before. The longest I have ever been on a VLCD is 8 weeks and I lost 3 stones :D . Sadly I fell off the wagon and put it all back on :sigh: :eek: but I have mangaged to lose a stone low carbing since February which I am pleased about.:)

Well let me tell you a little about me. I turned 35 a few days ago. I had a really fun b'day which I am still trying to recover from. I am happily single (for now:rolleyes: ), no children and I live in South London. I work for the NHS in admininstration, but I have a secret passion to become a writer someday.

I have always been overweight, but I have always been told that I am one of those people who "carry their weight well" :rolleyes:. I have never been one to hide away in clubs or any other social gathering I really do love to dance and have a good time. But I know that I am very obese and risk having some serious health complications later on in life, or worse still cutting my life short.
Like most people food has become my crutch throughout life and really want to break the cycle. I have become so inspired by some of the journeys on here it's amazing. I really want to be an inspiration to others too.

I love it here on MMs as I know I will get the support and encouragement I need to complete this journey. My family are great and they too have vowed to support me, but as most of them don't really have a weight issue I know it may not be that easy for them to get their heads around the "no eating" regime.

Today has been a good day for me so far, I have drunk 2 litres of water (I'm aiming for 4 litres :eek:) and I have cleared my diary and taken a few days off work so I can hibernate and get into the swing of things. Day 2 is always a bad day for me but I am feeling optimistic that I won't give into my chatterbox.

Anyway I have gone on enough now. I will check back in later and let you know how I am doing.

Take care peeps xx
Lisa

Hey hon,

I'm going to bed. I'll read properly tomorrow.

I just wanna say good luck at the beginning of your journey.

Take Care xxx

Your story is similar to mine. Started on LL then moved to CD - lost 4stone and then put 2stone back on. Back on CD SS and today is day 2 - so looking forward to losing along side you!

Good luck!

HEY my soon to be sister!!!!
about time too!
was wondering just yesterday 'what happened to Lisas diary?'
and here you are
well done on getting started , it sounds like you are ready to do it this time, the clearing of your diary and few days off work are great starts, so glad you have the support of your family, that is always important!
you sound like great fun to go out with, remind me if i ever throw a party to invite you lol:)
wishing you the best of luck Lisa
look forward to following your journey !!
love nat xxx

Hiya Lisa - WELCOME aboard Mate !!!

look forward to getting to know you....and sharing your CD successes !!! :D

love

Debz
xx

Hi Lisa, and welcome, looking forward to seeing how your journey goes, good luck to day two, and well done on the water x

Hey hon,

I'm going to bed. I'll read properly tomorrow.

I just wanna say good luck at the beginning of your journey.

Take Care xxx

Your story is similar to mine. Started on LL then moved to CD - lost 4stone and then put 2stone back on. Back on CD SS and today is day 2 - so looking forward to losing along side you!

Good luck!
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
I am so overwhelmed. Knowing that you guys are there, makes this difficult journey so much easier xx

HEY my soon to be sister!!!!
about time too!
was wondering just yesterday 'what happened to Lisas diary?'
and here you are
well done on getting started , it sounds like you are ready to do it this time, the clearing of your diary and few days off work are great starts, so glad you have the support of your family, that is always important!
you sound like great fun to go out with, remind me if i ever throw a party to invite you lol:)
wishing you the best of luck Lisa
look forward to following your journey !!
love nat xxx

Sorry Nat I missed your message. Just tucking into my spicy tomato soup - yummy!

Oh Nat my lickle sis :giggle: what can I say, yes I'm finally getting my act together :whoopass: and shifting the weight once and for all.

I am still in awe of your mega losses so far. Please send me some those positive:vibes: :vibes: to feed off!

Catch ya later,

Lisa x

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

right there are 7 days worth of positive vibes for ya...after that you are on your own sis:cool: :eek: :p

kidding I am sending you all the positivity I can by saying 'you can do it!! , I KNOW you can, so there!!'

:queen: :D

Feeling tipsy

Hi guys,

Well I made it through Day 1 :clap: and woke this morning with a burst of energy-surely I can't be in ketosis already :thinking2: ! I've decided not to check until I am on day 4 as it normally takes me 3 days to get into it and I don't want to be disheartened incase I'm not.

Anyway it took me a while to get the first glass of water down my gullet, and boy did I pay for it. I came over all lightheaded like I was tipsy but once I did the first litre of water and had a shake I was fine. :)

I had a sneaky peek at the scales today :scale: . I know I shouldn't have, :whoopass: and I'm not usually a scale hopper but it did show that I had dropped a few pounds already which did make me smile. But I have now banished the scales to my friend's home for the time being.

Oh it's such a nice day today, I think I'll sit in the garden and read my book in a bit :read: . I would go for a walk but I am constantly needing the loo at the moment! :rolleyes:

Back