soup / other lunch suggestions

eastybeasty

Looking for some thoughts from more experienced people following weight watchers. I've been trying to be organised and make food to take in with me for lunch times at work and have been making soup thats around 1-2pp each. ITs worth the effort and really enjoy some good homemade soup but organisation isnt my biggest asset and i do run out of soup or get fed up eating the same ones. I've got a couple of tins of ww chicken soup but theyre quite expensive to get all the time.

I've bought some mug shots but was horrified to see 6pp appear on my calculator! not one for eating all the time I dont think.

I've thought about buying cup a soups but not sure what would be the best ones to buy points wise. I've got a microwave and fridge at work but thats pretty much it.

Any experience of what soups would be ower in points would be appreciated or any other thoughts on lunchables would be great too, always welcome new ideas :)

A lot of the Supermarket "healthy" ranges packets (powdered soup in a mug) clock in at 2PP, I know Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself ones do. The tins are mostly going to be bigger portions than the WW one so clock in at around 4-5PP, with the most basic tomato ones usually being lowest. A lot of the big cartons and cartons can be quite high in PP, although I've used half a carton of the "Covent Gardens Skinny" ones and they come in at 3-4PP (per half).

have you thought about getting a soup maker, I've the MorphyRichards one, cost me £50 but it makes soup in 21 mins makes life so much easier! Sunday I am going to make spicy tomato and BNS - chopped fresh tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots. BNS, veg stock, mixed herbs and chilli - 21 mins and its blitzed and gorgeous, definitely worth the investment. Most soups can be frozen as well.

Another lunchtime fav for me is 50g of houmous (3pp) over 4 crackerbreads (2pp) with slices of cucumber, I find that quite filling.

Anyway good luck from a definitely non experience WWer LOL!

I replied to this, not sure where its gone. thanks for the suggestions. To be honest a soup maker wouldnt be of any use to me, I've always just used a large pots, but things work better for different people. Just going to have to be a bit more organised although its not always easy to make a variety of soups in bulk and freeze them, always seem to be low on freezer space. Had a mug shot thingy for lunch yesterday, 6pp and totally not worth it, pretty flavourless even after a lot of salt n pepper. Homemade stuff is so much tastier :)

I love making homemade soup when I have the time.
Things like tomato & red lentil, tomato & red pepper, leek & potato, carrot & butternut squash, cauliflower & hourseradish or broccoli & cheese soup.

I also like some of the WW soups for quickness and handy to keep a couple of tins in the cupboard for those days when you don't have time to cook. They can vary from 1pp to 3pp a can.

I have noticed some supermarkets have the sachets of cupasoup style too and if they are the "healthier/lighter range" they even have the ProPoints on the back. With these soups though I don't always find them that filling.

During the summer I have been having more salads with plenty of meat/tuna or cheese on or Warburton's sandwich thins stuffed with sliced meat and salad and sometimes even crumpets with beans/cheese.

Rice cakes/crackers with Phili light are also a quick & easy choice.

I tend to eat more soup in the winter months.

Also I like making mini quiches using some ham as the bottoms these are lovely and nice to snack on throughout the day. Also hard boiled eggs, pickles and cucumber/carrot batons with peppers, spicy meats like tandoori chicken, crab sticks, Babybel light cheeses are a nice little snack too.

I hope this helps. xxx

mmmm those ideas do help! I'm really liking the broccoli and cheese soup i made a while ago, leek and potato may well have to be made soon. was really annoying my hubby made a huge pot of scotch broth type soup a couple of days ago, looked great and tasted even better but when i took some to work the next day it had gone of?? strange. will need to get making more.

i did actually get some of tescos cup a soups with the points on them, what i'll need to do is get plenty fruit although i do usually have some at work with me too for munching on. :) thanks for all the suggestions peoples xx

Back