1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Soup - syn free?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LemonKitten, 14 November 2008 Social URL.

1. LemonKitten

LemonKitten Active Member

I know that if you make fruit into a smoothie then you have to syn it, but is it the same with soup?

I just cooked a huge bag of stewing vegetables, added garlic and chillies and a stock cube (which I'll Syn).

Whizzed it up with the hand blender and am having it for lunch.

Should i Syn it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Soup is ok to blend. The reason fruit is synned when turned into a smoothie is because it relases more natural sugar when it is pulped and it gives it syns. Veg is ok.

4. LemonKitten

Thanks bettylollypop - it's ages since I've been to class so I couldn't remember!

5. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

No bother. I wish blended fruit was free though, think of all the good smoothies we could have .

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Try using chicken or beef bovril to the soup next time instead of the stock cube, then its syn free!

7. LemonKitten

I forgot about Bovril - thanks for the reminder! I don't think I can get it here in France, but I'll put it on my list for when I'm in the UK!

8. LemonKitten

I hate having to Syn fruit

when cooking it or making it into a smoothie - and I love smoothies!