Soup vs Bars vs Shakes

H€len

Am on Wk 8 and have lost 38.5lbs so far so am well pleased but have a question for those who are long-timers on TFR.....do you notice a difference if you stick to Shakes & Soup and avoid bars?? I am really struggling at the moment with my water levels but know that I need to drink 3ltrs+ if I continue to have one bar a day. Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Helen

Hi Helen
I would have thought you would need to increase your water intake if you have a bar a day because the bar will absorb some of what you've taken on board. I'm a bit suspicious of the bars - I think they are too much like normal eating for me and I have to break that at the moment - but also I don't see how they can make them without loading them with loads of counter-productive stuff! Let me know how you're getting on now as I have only just started.

Maybe you can help me with something now - I find the soups hard work to mix, I can't use a whisk or a blender at work, I only have a mug and a kettle and find I have to mix a paste first and then gradually dilute it, little by little, mixing frantically with a spoon the entire time to avoid 'bits'! Any easy way to do it?

I take the soups to work in a dinky new Thermos flask. It's red! It works a treat and keeps the soup warm. It holds 600 mls so I dilute them more than the 250 mls. Solves the mixing at work issue.
The flasks are in Lakeland and John Lewis and fits easily in my bag. No one knows I am not just eating home made soup. I have not told anyone what I am doing I don't want any negative comments.
I am on TS start 7 March. 100 percent so far! Weigh day the first Monday of each month.

I take the soups to work in a dinky new Thermos flask. It's red! It works a treat and keeps the soup warm. It holds 600 mls so I dilute them more than the 250 mls. Solves the mixing at work issue.
The flasks are in Lakeland and John Lewis and fits easily in my bag. No one knows I am not just eating home made soup. I have not told anyone what I am doing I don't want any negative comments.
I am on TS start 7 March. 100 percent so far! Weigh day the first Monday of each month.

Sorry but this a no no, as soups and shakes are ment to be eaten within 15 minutes of making! :(

Sorry but this a no no, as soups and shakes are ment to be eaten within 15 minutes of making! :(

Thanks for the response, can you say why? What and where is the evidence and what is the science is behind this response?
The flask has a wide neck, a folding spoon and I have used it for three weeks.
:)

It's to do with the nutrients in the soup degrading if not consumed within 15 mins.

If you don't want people at work to know put the sachets into an empty cuppa soup box and take it with you into the kitchen Shen noone is there and make the soup - you can then still pour it into your flask and sit at your desk with it or whatever xxx

“We recommend that once mixed according to instructions our products are consumed within 15 minutes, this ensures optimum flavour and texture satisfaction.”

"The 15 minute rule does also apply because the nutrients and vitamins are heat and light sensitive so the longer you leave the product once mixed the more you will lose. (Only very small amounts will be lost)"

Thanks to all for responding.
OK - so its actually about optimum flavour and texture satisfaction. Nutrients and vitamins are heat and light sensitive. Some are for sure. But only small amounts are lost. I think boiling the mixture in a pan will destroy more nutrients than storing in a 'dark' flask for a few hours. Thanks for the response. I don't have time to go to a kitchen and mix a soup. So each to their own I think.
Your contributions much appreciated.

I take a stainless steel bottle and shake em up at work. Shakes, not soup though. And I do hot or cold, but the bottle gets really hot hahahaha!

But I just tell people that I am on a shakes n soup diet and so far people have been supportive. It's difficult on a 12.5hour shift, especially when colleagues become concerned that they haven'y seen you eating.

Only one person told me about someone who knew someone who knew someone on a VLCD who ended up with Gallstones, but I assured them that this may be due to lack of good fluid intake.

I love the bars, and have one a day, but am plateauing i think so may ditch them for a while. And I have a cheek, not drinking nearly enough water in the last few days!

I t

Back