Soup

Sarah2439

Hi guys,

I am on day 1, the bars seem fine and I'm having a shake for dinner tonight and I'm hoping they're similar to lipotrim shakes so should be fine.

However, I struggled with the soup today as I find the consistency of the soup disgusting. I had the mushroom soup today and the flavour was fine, tasted just like a cup a soup, but the consistency of it put me off. Is there anything I can to do to stop it being gloopy, the look of it made me feel sick and I didn't want to eat it :sign0137:, which is sad because the flavours fine?? Maybe more/less water??

Any advice would be appreciated:sign0009:

Sazzle

Try blending, only problem is that u may get froth. I put on the hob and then sieve after, u loose some soup but at least it's edible. The soups r most ppl's least favourite because of their insoluble nature...I got them in my first box but never again since and still have 5 mushroom soups that I need to have from January!! :( hope u figure something out...

Thanks determinationisthekey, I did blend it buts its gloopy and its that consistency that puts me off, might try more water.

I use about 450 mls of water and then whisk it with a hand whisk. No lumps. I also add lots of fresh herbs, pepper or chilli to vary the flavour. Hope that helps. I also do the same with the pasta. I have it soup like and let it sit for as long as I can so the pasta expands then heat it on the mwave.

Not all of the soups are nice, the texture in the blender makes it really thick and bubbly will have to try in the pan on the stove my be better. I've only tried three soups so far; finding tomato and veg to be far tastier than Thai chicken x

Thanks for your help peeps.

I had the tomato today, I made it by using 450ml of water in a pan and heating it on the hob whilst mixing the powder in gradually with a whisk. I added salt, pepper and fajita spice (Schwartz now do this in a spice jar) to give it a kick. It was 100% better consistency, it was watery but I find that more palatable than gloopy snot like soup, bleuch!!

I did find that it was too much in one sitting, I managed 2/3rds and had to pour the rest away. Tomorrow I'm gonna try making it with 350 ml, if that goes badly I think I'll have to split the packet and have it I two sittings. Its trial and error I suppose.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for your help, onwards and upwards (or downwards in the case of the scales)

Sazzle

I often split my soup. I make it up at night and bring it to work the next day, have half at lunch then the rest around 5 if I'm going tone late home.

I also found my tomato soup today abit "frothy", i just ended up drinking it down from the cup fast as i can to get it out the way lol... thanks for some of the tips above though, will defiantly try adding some flavour like pepper and chilli to give it abit of a kick!.

Back