Soups Share!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by KateR, 14 September 2011 Social URL.

1. KateR

KateR Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    90 Day SSS Plan (Cycle 1)
    Hello Everyone!

As its autumn is almost certainly upon us! And i'm happy to announce that it is now officially "soup time!!!"

I have a couple of soups which I love but i'd like more ideas please.

I thought if we have a thread with, zero syns/ zero propoints/ low fat / low calorie / healthy soup ideas and recipes then all of us shrinkers/shrunkards have a little database of tasty soups to choose from to stop us getting into a rut, no matter what diet we are following!

For those of us who want to do huge batches to just eat as and when we need them, there are these great little bags called pour and store. They are like freezer bags for liquids. They are thick enough to be reused a few times and i think they are only 99p for 10! I got my last batch from Tesco but my mum gets them from b&m bargains i think!

So what do you think!? Are there any other soup-o-philes out there? :D

Kate x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Patchninja

Patchninja Full Member

Start Weight:
    30kg
    Current Weight:
    30kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have a few I love.
    Tomato. 0 points WW
    in a large pan, throw in a couple of peeled and quartered onions, a clove of garlic, a kg of halved tomatoes and a litre or so of chicken stock. Simmer for 15 mins, whazz up with a stock blender then pass through a sieve to get rid of skin and seeds.

Veggie 0 points WW
    Grate or finely dice : 3 carrots, 3 courgettes. Chop a leek. Throw in a pot with a couple litres chicken stock. Cook 10 mins. Whazz up or leave as is.

Soups freeze well!

4. blossums

blossums Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.45%)
    Am hoping to get into making my own soups as love them but currently use tinned soup - am betting homemade will be a lot tastier

Will be having squash and red pepper with my lunch today so shall attempt to make some soup with the rest

5. blossums

blossums Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.45%)
    Ok so soup making was a success

Inredients to make 2 large soup mugs of butternut squash and red pepper soup
    500g squash
    1 medium red pepper
    1/2 a gallo chicken stock cube made up to a pint
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 -1 tsp gia garlic puree
    1/2 -1 tsp gia chilli puree
    1cal spray
    Lemon juice / black pepper to taste

Put oven on hot (225) and put a large tin in to get hot
    Cut squash into 1 inch chunks and slice pepper up roughly, put in large tin with couple squirts of 1 cal spray, sprinkle the cumin over it all and leave in oven for 30 minutes till everything is softish

Add veg mixture and all other ingredients bar pepper and lemon juice into a sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes

Blend and add lemon n black pepper to taste

I've no idea if squash and peppers cooked in the oven have the same or more cals than they do in the raw state - have assumed it'll be the same and worked out for 1 large mug there is approx

176 cals, 36 carbs, 3 fat, 5 protein, 7 fiber

Was extremely tasty!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.