Soups Share!

KateR

Gold Member
Hello Everyone!

As its autumn is almost certainly upon us! And i'm happy to announce that it is now officially "soup time!!!"

I have a couple of soups which I love but i'd like more ideas please.

I thought if we have a thread with, zero syns/ zero propoints/ low fat / low calorie / healthy soup ideas and recipes then all of us shrinkers/shrunkards have a little database of tasty soups to choose from to stop us getting into a rut, no matter what diet we are following!

For those of us who want to do huge batches to just eat as and when we need them, there are these great little bags called pour and store. They are like freezer bags for liquids. They are thick enough to be reused a few times and i think they are only 99p for 10! I got my last batch from Tesco but my mum gets them from b&m bargains i think!

So what do you think!? Are there any other soup-o-philes out there? :D

Kate x

I have a few I love.
Tomato. 0 points WW
in a large pan, throw in a couple of peeled and quartered onions, a clove of garlic, a kg of halved tomatoes and a litre or so of chicken stock. Simmer for 15 mins, whazz up with a stock blender then pass through a sieve to get rid of skin and seeds.

Veggie 0 points WW
Grate or finely dice : 3 carrots, 3 courgettes. Chop a leek. Throw in a pot with a couple litres chicken stock. Cook 10 mins. Whazz up or leave as is.

Soups freeze well!

Am hoping to get into making my own soups as love them but currently use tinned soup - am betting homemade will be a lot tastier

Will be having squash and red pepper with my lunch today so shall attempt to make some soup with the rest

Ok so soup making was a success

Inredients to make 2 large soup mugs of butternut squash and red pepper soup
500g squash
1 medium red pepper
1/2 a gallo chicken stock cube made up to a pint
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 -1 tsp gia garlic puree
1/2 -1 tsp gia chilli puree
1cal spray
Lemon juice / black pepper to taste

Put oven on hot (225) and put a large tin in to get hot
Cut squash into 1 inch chunks and slice pepper up roughly, put in large tin with couple squirts of 1 cal spray, sprinkle the cumin over it all and leave in oven for 30 minutes till everything is softish

Add veg mixture and all other ingredients bar pepper and lemon juice into a sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes

Blend and add lemon n black pepper to taste

I've no idea if squash and peppers cooked in the oven have the same or more cals than they do in the raw state - have assumed it'll be the same and worked out for 1 large mug there is approx

176 cals, 36 carbs, 3 fat, 5 protein, 7 fiber

Was extremely tasty!

Back