Soups

paigesmum30

Silver Member
OMG i nearly through up :cry:I thought the asparagus would be ok, it smelt fine, but didn't taste of anything. So i added some pepper and a bit of tabasco sauce (never had it before and now i know why) and it was awful and the smell...........yuk! Think i might just have to live on shep pie for the forseable future lol. I don't mind the porridge or the bars either but daren't even try the other soups now as that one went straight down the sink. Any tips on what i can do to make them taste better? x

Ha ha poor you! I like the asparagus & minestrone but can't stomach the rest. Used to like the tomato one but gone off it. I know what u mean about the asparagus one though it's a bit lumpy & has globby bits on top lol x

I feel brilliant, on day 6 now. I'm not keen on the soups at all, wish we could have 4 bars a day as I can eat them no bother! My weigh day is Thursday so looking forward to seeing how much I've lost. I've stuck to it 100% and feel thinner (less deflated) already. Hope you are managing fine, apart from the soup lol x

Bleurgh ..... Soup ....

hey guys, i also hear you on the soups, although i am a fan of the vegetable, minestrone and asparagus..the rest, not fussed. my day usually revolves around having either a hot vanilla or a hot banana one as they are like custard when you make them thick! mmmmmmm. day 4 for me on week 1, am suffering a bit with stomach ache and palpitations but feeling lighter and thinner, just avoiding the kitchen at all costs!

I feel brilliant, on day 6 now. I'm not keen on the soups at all, wish we could have 4 bars a day as I can eat them no bother! My weigh day is Thursday so looking forward to seeing how much I've lost. I've stuck to it 100% and feel thinner (less deflated) already. Hope you are managing fine, apart from the soup lol x

Thats great, well done on sticking to it 100%. I definately feel less bloated and will be over them moon when i drop in to the next stone bracket. Would need to lose 4lb this week to do that so we will see. I love the bars too, i'm really surprised at how big they are but could wolf loads down in one go haha x

hey guys, i also hear you on the soups, although i am a fan of the vegetable, minestrone and asparagus..the rest, not fussed. my day usually revolves around having either a hot vanilla or a hot banana one as they are like custard when you make them thick! mmmmmmm. day 4 for me on week 1, am suffering a bit with stomach ache and palpitations but feeling lighter and thinner, just avoiding the kitchen at all costs!

I don't really like shakes so i've avoided them altogether. If it was warmer i would mix them with loads of ice in the blender but i'm cold enough as it is lol. I hear you with the palpitations, it scared the life out of me last time i did it and felt like i was going to faint whenever i went shopping. Great that you're feeling slimmer, keeps you going doesn't it x

Totally with you on the dislike for some of the soups! I had the chicken one on my first day and couldn't finish it, so will be taking the other packet of that i have back tomorrow and swapping it. I had the vegetable one today which wasn't too bad, and the spicy curry one yesterday was alright but i don't think i'll be having that one in a hurry again! I love their sweet soups though, i had a chocolate one with hot water the other day so it was like a yummy hot chocolate! And Cornishpixie, totally with you on the hot bannana and vanilla shakes, they taste so so yummy!!!! Think i might just go for the sweet instead of the savouries for the time being:)

I can't stand any of the soups either! I live on shakes and bars.
CornishPixie - how much water do you put in your vanilla shake to make it thick and taste like custard?! I love custard! :)

hey guys, to make it quite thick i take a normal mug and just put the pack in and then mix in the hot water, leave it a few minutes and keep stirring...as you get through it, the shake will thicken up to the point it will coat the back of a spoon. i love it that way. also try making a peppermint tea, then use the water from that to make your hot chocolate so its like an after eight....albeit not so sweet or chocolatey!! when i am on the bars i'll be makiing the thick hot chocolate and having it with a bar for a chocolatey indulgence every now and again xxx

hey guys, to make it quite thick i take a normal mug and just put the pack in and then mix in the hot water, leave it a few minutes and keep stirring...as you get through it, the shake will thicken up to the point it will coat the back of a spoon. i love it that way. also try making a peppermint tea, then use the water from that to make your hot chocolate so its like an after eight....albeit not so sweet or chocolatey!! when i am on the bars i'll be makiing the thick hot chocolate and having it with a bar for a chocolatey indulgence every now and again xxx

Thanks so much for that! I will definitely be trying that tomorrow :)

It's amazing how different we take this journey! I like my soups all with 400ml of water (hate chicken though) and I used to have vanilla or banana shakes hot in that much water too. I now prefer the sweet as mousse.

My routine is quite regular to normal eating really. Porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch, shepherds pie or chilli for dinner and mousse desert. I find the bars bind me up. Llc did say I should make the jelly rather than the mousse then I would have a shake spare too but I haven't got around to that yet.

It's amazing how different we take this journey! I like my soups all with 400ml of water (hate chicken though) and I used to have vanilla or banana shakes hot in that much water too. I now prefer the sweet as mousse.

My routine is quite regular to normal eating really. Porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch, shepherds pie or chilli for dinner and mousse desert. I find the bars bind me up. Llc did say I should make the jelly rather than the mousse then I would have a shake spare too but I haven't got around to that yet.

If it's working for you without the bars and using mousse instead of jelly then stick with it. I'm hoping to get in to a routine once i've tried everything x

I like mixing the vanilla pack with coffee so it's like a vanilla latte mmm

I make the soups with less water than recommended so they actually taste of something. When i first started i thought they were all horrible. But I enjoy them more now. Sometimes i add a sachet of the broth. it perks them up quite a bit!

Back