Soups

I love the soups....but i do love soup!!! Most people seem to prefer the shakes, but then, i hate milkshakes.

i tried a leek and potato
(edible but awful after-taste)

and tried a veg yesterday
(ended up throwing it away and having a shake instead after one mouthful!!)

the way i make the crisps ~ i don't use parchment paper - i empty the powder into a ramekin dish... then top it up with hot water [until the dish is just over 3/4 full... then stir it up ~ you end up with a really thick soup.

My microwave is a 700w one ~ i pour the mix straight onto the glass microwave plate [the standard one which is already in the microwave. I always pour the mixture in a doughnut type shape ~ avoiding the centre of the plate thats the hottest and would easily burn my crisp! I don't divide it up into individual crisps... i just make one huge one!!

I don't flatten my mixture out either ~ it spreads out itself durning cooking. I have it on full power for about 3 mins, maybe longer, checking it every so often. I wait until it goes a nice brown colour, then use a knife and slide it under the giant crisp and remove it from the plate... then eat!

My first two attempts went horribly wrong, first time i spread it too thin and couldn't get it off! Its a bit of a trial and error skill until you get the hang of it. Thats how i discovered oriental chilli soup makes great crisps ~ i hated that soup, so didn't mind using it at the beginning when i started trying to makes crisps, because i figured it wouldn't be such a waste of a pack, if it went wrong...

Anyhoo, I love the crisps... its great to have something to chew! :D

Is the ramekin dish important or will any bowl do?

Apols if that's a silly question. *blushes* lol

no, it isn't important - i just use it because it makes it easier for me to guage how much water to add ~ plus since its small you don't lose as much mixture around the edges of the bowl... if you know what i mean! lol.

I liked them all, except for the Leek & Potato (which tastes too oniony and kept repeating on me) for the first couple of weeks, then went off them one by one, until only chicken and mushroom remained!

Loved the Oriental Chilli at first, it tastes like Thai curry, and I love Thai curry, but I soon went off that one too.

I much prefer the shakes - love them all and haven't gone off any of them yet.

the way i make the crisps ~ i don't use parchment paper - i empty the powder into a ramekin dish... then top it up with hot water [until the dish is just over 3/4 full... then stir it up ~ you end up with a really thick soup.

My microwave is a 700w one ~ i pour the mix straight onto the glass microwave plate [the standard one which is already in the microwave. I always pour the mixture in a doughnut type shape ~ avoiding the centre of the plate thats the hottest and would easily burn my crisp! I don't divide it up into individual crisps... i just make one huge one!!

I don't flatten my mixture out either ~ it spreads out itself durning cooking. I have it on full power for about 3 mins, maybe longer, checking it every so often. I wait until it goes a nice brown colour, then use a knife and slide it under the giant crisp and remove it from the plate... then eat!

My first two attempts went horribly wrong, first time i spread it too thin and couldn't get it off! Its a bit of a trial and error skill until you get the hang of it. Thats how i discovered oriental chilli soup makes great crisps ~ i hated that soup, so didn't mind using it at the beginning when i started trying to makes crisps, because i figured it wouldn't be such a waste of a pack, if it went wrong...

Anyhoo, I love the crisps... its great to have something to chew! :D

How much water do you add?

I fancy this for my last 'meal' today and I don't want to mess it up (odds on I will lol)

Do other flavours work well as crisps?

How much water do you add?

I fancy this for my last 'meal' today and I don't want to mess it up (odds on I will lol)

Do other flavours work well as crisps?

I don't measure it out ~ i just gauge it by eye... at a guess i'd say approx 50ml hot water... maybe not even. Add in some and mix it, if its still at a dough-like consistancy add more... just enough so that its a smooth liquid...

The potato & leek one worked well too, but i much prefer the oriental chilli flavour... I haven't tried the other soup flavours yet. Was going to try making banana crisps with the banana shake, but haven't got around to it yet... that'll be my next experiment... :D

Thanks hon. :D

I ended up having a shake because I don't have many soups left, but I'll definately be giving it a go.

Back