soya milk

pd7707

hi everyone.
i am starting the diet again today and just wonder if i could use soya milk with my coffee. the tesco brand one says 0.5 carbs, 0.3 sugar in 250 ml.
if i count this in my daily allowance it seems to be ok. i won`t drink more than 200 ml anyway. i just believe it is better than cream in my morning coffee.
usually it is only the first day when it`s so difficult to give up all the things i am used to have on daily basis, like milky coffee.
last time with atkins i lost weight during the induction but put it back immediately when i included more carbs.
i will be better this time i hope.
just 4 kilos to lose.
thanks

You can buy soya milk especially for coffee etc that doesn't curdle now, I use it in cooking. My local Tesco had it, which isn't a huge one so look out for it :)

Hope that helps.

Also I have recently got instant soymilk packs, that I bring with me incase I need to have coffee while out. Oh and yes both soya and almond sometimes curdles.. which i hate... :(

instant soya milk

Also I have recently got instant soymilk packs, that I bring with me incase I need to have coffee while out. Oh and yes both soya and almond sometimes curdles.. which i hate... :(

it`s true. that the regular soya milk curdles when mixed with hote water. i tried to mix it with cold coffee and then put in the microwave but the result was the same.

i would love to know from where i could buy instant soya milk. it will be big help with my coffees fix:)))

i use lidl soya milk, its thoe only one i have found that doesn't curdle. it keeps well too, i buy 5 cartons at a time and store it in a cold cupboard (very, under the sink)until its opened.

It curdles in boiling or near boiling water. Try making your coffees a little cooler.

Love the sound of non-curdling soya milk...I wonder how they did it? In my vegan days I would knock back the chocolate soya drinks (with their half-ton of sugar per 100ml....healthy!).

Back