Spagetti squash is it available in the Uk??

Thanks you for the info.I am still going through my refeed week but planning and preparing foodto make and eat .I will put celereac on the list too.
I would decsribe it as a slighly sweet nutty flavour.My son boils it then mashes it with butter and adds olives,Im not keen on olives but themash is really tasty.The chips are really tasty too.
Just try it and see.Dont be put off by its ugly appearance LOL.Great alternative to potato.
Cathy

Spot on Catthin, but I'd stick to the cabbage during induction. :)

Thanks Jim.
I found an old atkins book,but yesterday the one I ordered plus the cookbook arrived.So I have been reading that and making my list.
I got some flaxseed meal and Im going to try a Mim see what its like.Arethe oopsies allowed on induction?.
Cathy

In the original Atkins they didn't even get a mention, I'm not sure about the later versions love.

Hi Exp107
How did you get on with the spaghetti squash?.
I have bought some seeds so will see if I can grow my own.
Cathy

Sorry for taking a while to reply!

I tried it one evening last week and its ok, I cooked it in the oven but next time I think I'll try the microwave method so it steams rather than bakes

I had it with some homemade bolognaise sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheese :D

Glad you liked it.I found a Waitrose on our way to Leicester but they didnt stock any.
I even tried to order on line but they dont deliver to my postcode so looks like ill have to wait a while lol.
Next week I can have celeriac chips yummy.
Cathy

Sorry for taking a while to reply!

I tried it one evening last week and its ok, I cooked it in the oven but next time I think I'll try the microwave method so it steams rather than bakes

I had it with some homemade bolognaise sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheese :D

Oh what I'd give for a bolognaise right now yum yum :D

Just done a google on low sugar/carb. You might already be familiar with the site, but I found sugarfreesuperstore.co.uk on there they sell spaghetti with 5g carbs per generous serving!! The thought of my bolognaise looks more of a reality now lol. Also spotted zero carb crispbreads too. Looks like I will be spending online when payday comes.

That's probably dreamfields pasta.

I use it for a treat now and again, it lovely! However you have to be careful how you cook it as if you over cook it you'll get ful pasta carb value!

Back