Spaghetti v Fusilli

halfangelhalftart

Ok. Have I read my packets right? 100g of spaghetti has loads more cals than 100g of fussilli??

I made this recipe today http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5603/spicy-spaghetti-with-garlic-mushrooms

A whopping 346 cals per portion. But I replaced the spag with 300g fussilli

I put it into MFP to compare and it reduced cals to 226 per portion. ( I did it with the spag too just to double check)

I really thought all pasta was the same. Am I missing something? Is this like that fat chips are less fattening than skinny chips thing?

Please advise so I can hopefully have a small pud ;oD

Ate you sure you counting like with like - is the spaghetti dry weight and fuselli cooked wright as that would make a massive difference! Xx

yoga84 said:
Ate you sure you counting like with like - is the spaghetti dry weight and fuselli cooked wright as that would make a massive difference! Xx

My typing has gone to pot today - apologies x

Don't rely on MFP it can be wrong they should be the same per dry weight x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So barcode data must translate what's on nutritional label and doesn't distinguish cooked/uncooked. That's dangerous for a novice like me.

And the actual recipe: did that mean cooked or uncooked weight?? I assumed uncooked. Urgh.

halfangelhalftart said:
So barcode data must translate what's on nutritional label and doesn't distinguish cooked/uncooked. That's dangerous for a novice like me.

And the actual recipe: did that mean cooked or uncooked weight?? I assumed uncooked. Urgh.

The recipe would usually use uncooked weight. On the pasta label it will usually have 100g as sold And them per serving.

MFP will only show the info originally matched info which is manually put in by anyone so if the make a mistake then it stays on there.

75g dry is about 260 kcal xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I adjusted my recipe and picked a different pasta from the list so it came in as 346 per serving as stated in the recipe. Just as well I held off on the pud!

I've learnt my lesson to be more vigilant at least.

Back