Spain - extra lean mince

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Overseas' started by Chicaguapa, 24 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Chicaguapa

Chicaguapa Member

Diet:
    Still trying to decide !!
    Hello, I am living in spain (malaga) and find it impossible to get extra lean beef mince here. I can buy chicken mince but not extra lean beef. Could I dry fry the mince I have, drain all the fat and rinse it, or would I still have to syn it ? Many thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No sorry that won't make any difference to the syn value. Could you not get lean meat from a butcher and ask them to mince it for you? Failing that the syns on lean mince are not horrendously high.

4. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Chicaguapa.

I buy mine in a proper butchers and do just what Circes suggested. I buy a piece of lean shoulder steak and ask them to mince it for me. If there is any fat I ask them to trim it off. I usually buy enough to put a few portions in the freezer.

Another bonus is you can have it minced coarsely or smoothly depending on what you want it for.

5. Joellarae

Joellarae Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    might sound odd but have you tried dunnes or iceland out there? i never really used beef when i lived out there cos my other half has ibs so we use to go get the qourn mince from iceland hope that might help

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that.

I live a long way from Dunne's on the Costa del Sol but do have an Iceland in my village that has a proper butchers counter and if I can not get to my own butchers they are only to pleased to mince some lean shoulder steak for me.
    I love quorn mince and use more of that than meat.

7. SaraGM

SaraGM Member

Diet:
    Slimming World

Hi everybody, I too live in Spain but on the Costa Blanca.:D I have been dieting for as long as I can remember!:sigh: I lost two stone with SW eight years ago and have been trying to stick to the plan over the years but it just never seems to work, I eat very healthy but I feel if I even have a square of chocolate I gain half a stone.:( In the spanish summer heat I find it very hard to exercise, but I am trying to fit in lots of swimming, I do have a WII fit so will try that again. I find it hard not being able to go to a group and cannot afford to pay for SW online so now I have found this forum hopefully I will be able to find encouragement from you all. I am starting today at 12 stone 3 lbs and hope to loose 3 stone before the year is out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.