• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Spain - extra lean mince

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
No sorry that won't make any difference to the syn value. Could you not get lean meat from a butcher and ask them to mince it for you? Failing that the syns on lean mince are not horrendously high.

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
Hi Chicaguapa.

I buy mine in a proper butchers and do just what Circes suggested. I buy a piece of lean shoulder steak and ask them to mince it for me. If there is any fat I ask them to trim it off. I usually buy enough to put a few portions in the freezer.

Another bonus is you can have it minced coarsely or smoothly depending on what you want it for.

S: 15st0lb C: 13st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.3 Loss: 1st2lb(7.62%)
might sound odd but have you tried dunnes or iceland out there? i never really used beef when i lived out there cos my other half has ibs so we use to go get the qourn mince from iceland hope that might help

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
might sound odd but have you tried dunnes or iceland out there? i never really used beef when i lived out there cos my other half has ibs so we use to go get the qourn mince from iceland hope that might help
Thanks for that.

I live a long way from Dunne's on the Costa del Sol but do have an Iceland in my village that has a proper butchers counter and if I can not get to my own butchers they are only to pleased to mince some lean shoulder steak for me.
I love quorn mince and use more of that than meat.

Hi everybody, I too live in Spain but on the Costa Blanca.:D I have been dieting for as long as I can remember!:sigh: I lost two stone with SW eight years ago and have been trying to stick to the plan over the years but it just never seems to work, I eat very healthy but I feel if I even have a square of chocolate I gain half a stone.:( In the spanish summer heat I find it very hard to exercise, but I am trying to fit in lots of swimming, I do have a WII fit so will try that again. I find it hard not being able to go to a group and cannot afford to pay for SW online so now I have found this forum hopefully I will be able to find encouragement from you all. I am starting today at 12 stone 3 lbs and hope to loose 3 stone before the year is out.